6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Lamprey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171025_094258 (resized).jpg
    0c84d72cb3ed34845dc68ada858b3603fc95e026 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Hi Guys

This is my second Demo man retrieved and rescue for 500euro, very dusty but surprisingly good condition when inspected.

the diverter hexagon nut is stuck and i cant proceed removing the ramp.
    Any alternative procedures to remove it?

0c84d72cb3ed34845dc68ada858b3603fc95e026 (resized).jpg0c84d72cb3ed34845dc68ada858b3603fc95e026 (resized).jpg
    20171025_094258 (resized).jpg20171025_094258 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

You really can't get it to budge with an allen wrench?

If not you'll probably have to drill it out. Fortunately looks like there's room there to get a drill in without much trouble.

#3 6 years ago

actually the allen key is slipping so i am guessing the screw has been abused before.

plan B is to clear the area and drill it,

#4 6 years ago

If the allen key is slipping because the "socket" is worn too large, I have sometimes gotten away with switching from an English allen wrench to a slightly-larger size metric allen wrench. Might have to tap it in place with a small hammer, but if the hole is already worthless and you really need to get it off...

#5 6 years ago

yes tap with small hammer to snugly fit but still slipping, good to find a metric size key and hopefully will fit better and twist. Will also try a star type key sometimes they also work in this situations. I will try to avoid the drill option. I am sure will take some hours of my time. But that is the least problem you can find in a 500euro pin and should be happy about it.

#6 6 years ago

IF you have a dremel just cut that lever off

#8 6 years ago

I am on it right now will update the results that might be helpful to anyone else in the future.

#9 6 years ago

You might try WD-40 or other penetrating "loosener" to see if that helps.

If not, you might try and see if a small damaged screw remover will work (i.e. Grabbit).

Something like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NGTLM40

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-rescue-and-first-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.