• Latest reply 10 years ago by johnwartjr
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Waaaa_!!.gif
#1 11 years ago

Hi there. I have a Demo Man and am looking at getting the profanity ROMS for it. In your opinion are they worth it? Can anybody let me know what some of the sayings are? Greatly would be appreciated!!! Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

Home ROMS are here http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=662

Or order from John Wart. Yes it's worth getting.

#3 11 years ago

Thanks for responding. Can you let me know what some of the phrases they say?

#4 11 years ago

I smell a tilt....

#5 11 years ago

is there a link with all the phrases somewhere????

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#7 11 years ago

ok im new to this forum what is with the tilt warning? You get in trouble for posting links on this site particularly youtube videos?

#9 11 years ago

I have them. If you don't have the latest ROMs, it is worth it. The gameplay differences up to the final ROMs were pretty decent.

If you have the latest ROMs, I personally don't think it's worth it. I think they are kind of cool, and there are a few sayings that are funny the first couple times, but they get repetitive just like any pin quotes do. My machine had horribly old ROMs with only like half the gameplay there, so I'm VERY happy with them, but it wouldn't have been worth the cash for me to upgrade them had the gameplay been the same. For $50 or whatever it was, I could go listen to people swear on YouTube for free

#11 11 years ago

Not worth it.

I currently have the vulgar speach roms and it's just a waste of money.

#12 11 years ago

I just bought the profanity roms for t2 without doing any research and I was very disappointed. F u a hole. That's it. And that is very seldom and random. I needed to up grade the Rom any how so it wasn't a total waste but disappointed none the less. Are the profanity roms on the latest software version? If not I'll take them out quickly.
Why only one.phrase? That's kinda halfass isn't it?

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

I just didn't think it would be me getting it... []

Nice UFC Fight Night in the BG there

#14 11 years ago

The t2 profanity ROMS are based off of prototype software. Even the latest T2 software is buggy.

The Demo Man profanity ROMS have a whole lot more cursing, and are based off of the latest production ROM.

10 months later
#15 11 years ago

Bumping an old topic for clarification.

Is the profanity on the DM ROM actually Stallone and Snipes? Did someone make this, or was this made by Williams? Does getting the profanity ROM affect gameplay settings, rules, etc. or an official ROM?

4 weeks later
#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Is the profanity on the DM ROM actually Stallone and Snipe

Sounds it. Most likely uncensored movie snips. Works good, not over the top, not like the machine has tueretts syndrome.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Sounds it. Most likely uncensored movie snips. Works good, not over the top, not like the machine has tueretts syndrome.

I actually have installed them since my post. Definitely quotes directly from the movie. Sound good and definitely fitting to what happens during the game. I like the violation animation that happens sometimes too. I upgraded from P3 ROMs so there is a large difference for me upgrading to these ROMs so it was very worth it.

7 months later
#18 10 years ago

Raising this from the dead to see if anybody knows which eprom chips would be suitable to use to burn these, since my buddy has a burner and would do them for me.

#19 10 years ago

You need 9 27c040 or 27c4001 eproms. 150ns or faster.

Your game only has 7 ROMs in it, so you can't just reuse the ones in your game. Most Demo Man games I've had in my shop only had 2 actual EPROMs, and the other 5 were masked - so you can only reuse 2 of the originals.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 72.95
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-profanity-roms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.