9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

solenoid-circuit1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balboarules.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 9 years ago

Have you installed new ribbon cables yet?

#31 9 years ago

I personally would just order a full new set, they are usually original and now 20 years old, I know you used to be able to get the entire set from GPE, it was not bad for the set..

1 week later
#50 9 years ago

Glad to hear the cables worked.. I kinda had a feeling that would do it..

#53 9 years ago

After I posted telling the OP to get a new set, I ordered 2 myself, BEFORE they started acting up..20 bucks from GPE is not bad, an extra 4 for the aux cable for Demo..

1 week later
#65 9 years ago

Have you reseated all the game roms?

#67 9 years ago

I wonder if after that rebuild of the HV section your voltage is too high, did anyone confirm the voltages were correct since you posted what it was out putting?

#72 9 years ago

Yet they were working fine for a little bit with the new cables? Are these displays still working correctly in other machines?

#73 9 years ago

The second one looks like it is pulsing with that distortion, the first one is a complete mess.. but voltages tend to have different affects on different displays.

#78 9 years ago

I am no master at all on the electrical side of the coin.. but I have a 100% working demo man here, so I just took some readings on my dmd, 3 of the lines have voltage, the highest was 143.9, however the pin next to it is showing 27.6, the 3rd is 10.3.. I know you have one reading at 116, where exactly is that reading coming from?

#81 9 years ago

Same reading when I check voltages on the display driver board.. 143.9, 27.6,10.3

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

What are you using as ground? Those voltages are not looking good.
I normally just wedge my black lead under the ground braid wire at the bottom of the backbox so I don't have to hold that lead.

That is exactly what I did. My display is perfect, not a speck of issue at all

#85 9 years ago

Interesting as mine are 143.9 and 27.6.. I know the 27.6 is below where it should be, but I have no issues on my display at all.. what are the correct voltages at these 2 points?

#88 9 years ago

0 on ohms.

#89 9 years ago

I think I had my meter on the wrong V side.. Readings are coming out more accurate.. I did say I have a tiny bit of knowledge on this stuff... so there you go.. will post new readings in a min.. also just found out I was sold a DMD that I never bothered to test and it has 6 lines out, if I squeeze it together a few come back.. any idea how to repair, I know that is the internal ribbon cable..

#90 9 years ago

Ok

1 -120.4
2 -108.4
3 0
4 0
5 0
6 5.0
7 12.7
8 64.5

#91 9 years ago

Voltages going to the DMD itself based on connection at DMD

Starting left to right, first connection orange

0(no connector pin here at all

Maybe these will help the OP.. and I learned something new as well!

#94 9 years ago

Unless he made the same meter mistake I had made.. he was saying 138 and 116, now assuming he did not put the - in front of the numbers, they are high, but when I had the meter set to the wrong side mine were up there as well...

I cannot even figure out how you could separate this dmd to repair the internal ribbon cable.. I should have tested it, took sellers word they were both good, one was perfect, this one is useless..

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from kevinm:

Yes, my measurements are good except the first 2 which are 134 and 113. They are high the only question I have is if they are too high for the display to work correctly. I will find out when I get my new display board.

You did the rebuild of the board BEFORE you got the new cables in right? I am just wondering if something was done wrong on that rebuild..

#97 9 years ago

Were your voltages -138 and -116?

#98 9 years ago

I think those initial display issues were cable related..

1 week later
#104 9 years ago

Try to find someone local who will let you try the babcock display in their game.. If the Vishay display is working perfect, you should be ok.

#106 9 years ago

His customer service is fantastic... you will get it back quickly, I had a problem with a few of his boards, one came with a game I had bought, it was already installed, told him the problem, had me sent it to him, and sent it back no charge... never even asked where I got it, how old it was...

I recommend him for the service alone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 81.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 40.00
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balboarules.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-problem?tu=balboarules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.