Populated the coin door board, and was able to get the machine to boot.
Sadly i got my mounting hole spacing wrong.
The testing... Screen seems to last a very long time, not sure why. Hopefully it'll go away once I update my ROM.
With it booting, i was able to go into the tests. All installed switches and coils worked, but I only got about ten lights in the lamp test. I'd already reflowed the lamp board connectors, so I got a bit worried about a driver board issue, but then occams razor was suggested. Turns out, the other 50+ bulbs were just all burnt out. Now i need to order more bulbs...
Went to start rebuilding the playfield, when I discovered my new plastic set is defective D:
Sent an email to the seller, so we'll see how that goes.
At pintastic this weekend I was rifling through the junk parts boxes in the (sadly deserted) outdoor flea market for fun. Grabbed some Gottlieb flipper plates and random circuit boards, and then spied a random little motor in one of the boxes. No markings on it, no way to know what it was from, but for $5, any motor is worth a shot. Maybe i could make an adapter plate and get a new gear for it? This morning, dug out my elevator mech (with the missing motor on the gearbox) and found that the existing mounting holes were a perfect match! Screwed it in, and the elevator lives again.
(it doesn't actually sound nearly that bad in person...)
Disassembled it and gave it a good cleaning as it kept getting stuck. Motor is a bit loud, and I have no idea if the teeth are meshing properly or not, but it seems to work good enough. Will make a new connector for it and install it and the claw tonight. Hopefully the claw works. Still haven't found a cover for it.
On recommendation from a friend, I played with the shooter to make sure it could make it as around to the upper flipper *before* installing the ramps. Using the empty balls test, I discovered that a) my trough optos work, which is nice, b) I need to order more pinballs as DM needs 5!, and c) the shooter lane switch was stuck. Not a problem with the slot or wireform, the microswitch itself doesn't like to return to its rest position without some convincing. Taking out the sticky switch also made my shooter nice and reliable going around the upper arch, so hopefully when I install a new switch it'll have little enough force to stay working.