(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1192 5 years ago

Anyone have a fix for right ramp rollback SDTMs?

4 weeks later
#1224 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I just picked up a Demo man last week, enjoying it so far! It’s kinda easy, but I’m ok with that... trigger handles with 2 buttons on each and no video mode? Seems like a missed opportunity there. Unless I haven’t found it yet?

As stated, adjust the settings. My DM is one of my most difficult games. What I've done:

- Jacked up the angle to max
- Claw memory off
- Increased xball requirements
- house rule: you can never choose the same claw award twice. Wish this was in the code.

#1239 5 years ago

Anyone have a fix for rejects on the left loop mb/xball shot? The scoop rejects about 20% of the time on my machine.

1 week later
#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Made my own stainless steel ramp flaps. Tired of rusty flaps.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where do you buy your metal? What thickness?

3 weeks later
#1308 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

Whelp... I think the Cryo Claw just died for good on this machine. Have power to the driver board. All good there. Cryo claw will move RIGHT on game boot up. No out of range error. Attempting to move the claw left in claw test mode just moves a tiny bit then sticks. Each attempt moves a tiny bit left, and then sticks. Movement right sticks occasionally, but is usually good.
Oiled the gear box. Oiled the motor shaft and gear. Cleaned the optos (which, nevertheless, appear to be functioning properly). It started working fine for about 5 minutes... then the same problem occurred. Flushed gearbox. Full clean. Very smooth action on the gearbox itself.
Still fails the same way. I think I killed it.

Positive on the Optos? If it worked for a little bit, it sounds like possibly cold solder. The motor appears to be fine if working one way.

1 week later
#1334 5 years ago

Just ordered the demotime rom. Any of you have any feedback? You like? Hate? Buggy? Smooth?

3 months later
#1470 4 years ago

Backhanding the centre ramp with the right flipper will send the ball to the MTL lanes almost every time. Tough at first, but you'll get it with practice. Also, adjust the switch on the upper sling to be ultra sensitive so bounce ups from the pops at least happen once in a while.

3 months later
#1532 4 years ago

Soren is best by far. Demo time isn't that good. Worth it for the variety though. I played for a couple weeks.

5 months later
#1722 4 years ago

Wanna kick some ass in a Demolition Man tournament?

Hey guys, I'm trying to set up an online tournament for next Friday (April 17th), and I'm trying to recruit participants that have one of the games I have. I'm going to be posting this in each of the forums for the games I own, so I apologize in advance if you get this more than once.

The tournament would be on a single game and take place over zoom. It sounds like it could be a hell of a good time.

Please head over here for info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/online-tournament-over-zoom-#post-5587755

2 weeks later
#1729 3 years ago
Quoted from dmeca12:

Wonder if anyone can help.
Not sure what happened. The game was having a reset issue when we got it. While trying to fix the issue we blew a fuse F112 and replaced it. Now when we turn it on the screen is like this.
We've tried replacing ribbon cables and every single board, one by one from a working pin. Also tried 2 other working dmds. Lights turn on, game boots up, but dmd is scrambled.
The led on the display board barely lights up. Even when we put another board in, it was the same.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.[quoted image][quoted image]

I've had this on two different old b/w games. Both times it was a loose ROM. Push all of your game rooms to be sure they are secured well to the board. Once I had to raise them a bit and reseat to get rid of the issue.

Could also be a ribbon cable issue or worst case board issue. Resseat ribbons and be sure they aren't backwards.

1 year later
#2207 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Can you guys make the ramps from a hold, especially the right ramp? See like even with a clean shot it doesn't make it. Need momentum coming in. I rebuilt the flippers but not the coils, no change.

You should be able to make each of the ramps from hold easily on DM. My DM is cranked to the highest possible angle and the ball flies up both ramps no issue.

Check the manual to be sure you have stock coils. If someone swapped in weaker coils, that would be the issue.

The most common issues after a rebuild:

1. The flippers are not gapped correctly and mounted too tight to the playfield

2. There is a misalignment of the plunger and coil/sleeve. This happens when the coil stop plate and/or coil mounting plate has play and is not mounted perpendicular to the plunger. You can check your old coil sleeves (maybe even the new ones) to see if there are wear points inside. You can also flick the flippers with the PF up to see if there is any resistance. I always flick them and activate them with the PF up after any adjustments.

3. Possible weak solder connections. This is far less common, but be sure the wires connected to the coils are freshly cut and stripped. Sometimes parts of the braid break off and you're only soldering half the wire. If you over-solder the connections, they are often weak connections, where the large chunks of solder "pancake" together. A good tug will pull these joints apart.

You can also check here: https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Common_Flipper_Troubleshooting#Weak_flipper

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 81.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only?tu=tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.