(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 minutes ago by Steveboos
  • Topic is favorited by 156 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
022455A9-C713-482A-9C89-103AC9DD30C9 (resized).jpeg
B3E31273-9F7A-4318-8A74-EFC5D5ED0D92 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2590 (resized).jpeg
56792a12-d9e6-4eb5-8120-90cf43539721 (resized).jpeg
17092502734479174720410168802459 (resized).jpg
p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomh52722.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#517 7 years ago

When I bought my demo man about six months ago, someone told me that you need to upgrade to stronger flipper coils to get better action on the ramps and fully enjoy the game. In this thread, I learned which coils to buy and bought them at a show earlier this year. Here is the issue though. When I bought the higher strength coils (10% stronger), the guy I bought them from said that when you get stronger flipper coils, plastics tend to break easier from the additional force. Since I just replaced some plastics when I bought the machine, I have held off on replacing the coils out of fear that I will ruin my new plastics. Just wanted to see if any pinsiders had thoughts/experience on this issue. Thanks

6 months later
#593 7 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

Not quite sure what you are asking, but the blades lined up perfect with the hinge holes.

Where did you buy your mirror blades? I bought a pair from cointaker last week and the holes that are pre-cut for the hinges did not line up with the demo man hinges. After doing some research on pinside, I learned that the hinges on demo man are in a slightly different place than on the other Williams games. When you buy the blades (from cointaker at least), they say "Williams", "Stern"' etc versus the name of the specific game. I ended up putting the blades that I bought on my getaway instead, but still would like to put them on DM. Does anyone know where to buy mirror blades that are made to fit DM?

By the way, since I am in the club thread, I should mention that I have had this game for a year and it is one of my favorite games!

#594 7 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

My DM wasn't in the best shape when I got it and it was definitely missing a few things. Now that I'm getting everything squared away, I hit a small snag.
I cannot identify where the two pieces of plastic indicated in the picture go. Can someone help me out?

The one on the right side of your picture goes right in front of the board with the lights that indicate whether demolition time or computer are lit. For that one, there is only screw, which is on the back side of the piece.

For the other one. It goes under the right ramp, just in front of the right pop bumper.

3 weeks later
#626 7 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Where did you buy your mirror blades? I bought a pair from cointaker last week and the holes that are pre-cut for the hinges did not line up with the demo man hinges. After doing some research on pinside, I learned that the hinges on demo man are in a slightly different place than on the other Williams games. When you buy the blades (from cointaker at least), they say "Williams", "Stern"' etc versus the name of the specific game. I ended up putting the blades that I bought on my getaway instead, but still would like to put them on DM. Does anyone know where to buy mirror blades that are made to fit DM?
By the way, since I am in the club thread, I should mention that I have had this game for a year and it is one of my favorite games!

Just following up to see if anyone knows where to buy mirror blades that fit demo man. Thanks

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

There is only one mirror blades company. They do not sell Demo Man specific blades. Their WPC blades are easy to modify to fit a DM.

I couldn't figure out how to do this without putting them over the bolt and leaving the factory-drilled hole (where the bolts should go) visible. Do you have any tips that might help me figure this out? Thanks for responding by the way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels
Interactive
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Wheaton-glenmont, MD
$ 81.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
4,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Port Charlotte, FL
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomh52722.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only?tu=tomh52722 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.