(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,756 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Pinkitten
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 527 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

40266DEF-C1FF-44BD-BCD7-C3013356462D (resized).png
15AD72F5-6ACC-4A47-8A35-01AB283D01D6 (resized).jpeg
20180802_154459 (resized).jpg
20180802_154415 (resized).jpg
20180802_154610 (resized).jpg
20191229_095818 (resized).jpg
58CA2EF2-F021-4FC4-9081-CC3BD7E32020 (resized).jpeg
BR , DM , Car show , Girls  etc 068 (resized).jpeg
BR , DM , Car show , Girls  etc 052 (resized).jpg
BR , DM , Car show , Girls  etc 023 (resized).jpeg
BR , DM , Car show , Girls  etc 020 (resized).jpeg
Photo May 24, 6 20 57 PM (resized).jpg
Photo May 26, 5 21 25 PM (resized).jpg
20200518_152547 (resized).jpg
20200518_152540 (resized).jpg
20200518_152421 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomh52722.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#517 3 years ago

When I bought my demo man about six months ago, someone told me that you need to upgrade to stronger flipper coils to get better action on the ramps and fully enjoy the game. In this thread, I learned which coils to buy and bought them at a show earlier this year. Here is the issue though. When I bought the higher strength coils (10% stronger), the guy I bought them from said that when you get stronger flipper coils, plastics tend to break easier from the additional force. Since I just replaced some plastics when I bought the machine, I have held off on replacing the coils out of fear that I will ruin my new plastics. Just wanted to see if any pinsiders had thoughts/experience on this issue. Thanks

6 months later
#593 3 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

Not quite sure what you are asking, but the blades lined up perfect with the hinge holes.

Where did you buy your mirror blades? I bought a pair from cointaker last week and the holes that are pre-cut for the hinges did not line up with the demo man hinges. After doing some research on pinside, I learned that the hinges on demo man are in a slightly different place than on the other Williams games. When you buy the blades (from cointaker at least), they say "Williams", "Stern"' etc versus the name of the specific game. I ended up putting the blades that I bought on my getaway instead, but still would like to put them on DM. Does anyone know where to buy mirror blades that are made to fit DM?

By the way, since I am in the club thread, I should mention that I have had this game for a year and it is one of my favorite games!

#594 3 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

My DM wasn't in the best shape when I got it and it was definitely missing a few things. Now that I'm getting everything squared away, I hit a small snag.
I cannot identify where the two pieces of plastic indicated in the picture go. Can someone help me out?

The one on the right side of your picture goes right in front of the board with the lights that indicate whether demolition time or computer are lit. For that one, there is only screw, which is on the back side of the piece.

For the other one. It goes under the right ramp, just in front of the right pop bumper.

3 weeks later
#626 3 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Where did you buy your mirror blades? I bought a pair from cointaker last week and the holes that are pre-cut for the hinges did not line up with the demo man hinges. After doing some research on pinside, I learned that the hinges on demo man are in a slightly different place than on the other Williams games. When you buy the blades (from cointaker at least), they say "Williams", "Stern"' etc versus the name of the specific game. I ended up putting the blades that I bought on my getaway instead, but still would like to put them on DM. Does anyone know where to buy mirror blades that are made to fit DM?
By the way, since I am in the club thread, I should mention that I have had this game for a year and it is one of my favorite games!

Just following up to see if anyone knows where to buy mirror blades that fit demo man. Thanks

#631 3 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

There is only one mirror blades company. They do not sell Demo Man specific blades. Their WPC blades are easy to modify to fit a DM.

I couldn't figure out how to do this without putting them over the bolt and leaving the factory-drilled hole (where the bolts should go) visible. Do you have any tips that might help me figure this out? Thanks for responding by the way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 37.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomh52722.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside