(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#998 5 years ago

So I got this machine for almost nothing.

26214253227446 (resized).jpeg26214253227446 (resized).jpeg
#999 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

So I got this machine for almost nothing.

After a weeks work I got it going and did a straight trade for this!!!

20180711_160738 (resized).jpg20180711_160738 (resized).jpg
#1000 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

After a weeks work I got it going and did a straight trade for this!!!

After a few days of work it looks like this! I'm in the club and love it.

20180714_082930 (resized).jpg20180714_082930 (resized).jpg
#1007 5 years ago

Got tired of not being able to see the M T L lights. So I decided to fix that. That is shrink wrap not tape fyi. I also shoot some hot glue into the key rather than spend a dollar on one. I was hoping the light would disperse more and fill a 2 bay panel. Maybe I will put frosted plastic behind the blue plastic.

1532205155934659136868 (resized).jpg1532205155934659136868 (resized).jpg20180721_074203 (resized).jpg20180721_074203 (resized).jpg20180721_090811 (resized).jpg20180721_090811 (resized).jpg20180721_122831 (resized).jpg20180721_122831 (resized).jpg20180721_122846 (resized).jpg20180721_122846 (resized).jpg20180721_122849 (resized).jpg20180721_122849 (resized).jpg20180721_122850 (resized).jpg20180721_122850 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1012 5 years ago

You may need to take an existing one out and match it up at the store. I would look in the manual too.

#1013 5 years ago
15335151594711589864385 (resized).jpg15335151594711589864385 (resized).jpg
#1017 5 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Where is switch 54, not in the picture in the manual. Got a credit dot on it. Thanks!

Does it even give a description in the report?

#1022 5 years ago

I am having strange issues with my elevator hold opto. It works for about 5 min then ot quits. I just put new optos in, anyone have any idea what is going on? Was thinking cold solder on the mpu, but working the connections doesn't seem to change anything.

1 week later
#1031 5 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Reseat cables on the driver board...
Its weird but it worked a few times for a bad elevator.opto error for.me.

Thanks! I was so disgusted with my Diner that I was not able to mess with anything pinball for a few days. Just tried this and oddly enough it seems to be working.

#1034 5 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Where to purchase right plastic ramp?
Is it available anywhere?

Freeplay40 is working on them I believe. Check out his thread and let him know you are interested.

1 month later
#1047 5 years ago

I may end up with an extra olds 44 if my buddy doesn't take it. Not sure what they go for. Prob less than I paid.

20181005_075434 (resized).jpg20181005_075434 (resized).jpg
#1049 5 years ago

Lol. I actually paid 15.

#1052 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I’ll take it if he passes.

If he does not take it, I will send you a pm.

1 week later
#1059 5 years ago
Quoted from robd222:

Hi pinside,
I just picked up a demo man couple weeks ago, I brought it straight to the shop to have it cleaned and fixed up a bit, but I got a message today from the shop and I need a replacement trigger button, Trigger Control Button 03-9015.
As I am now finding out these are pretty much unavailable. so as a new member to the club I'm asking does anyone have an extra trigger button they would be willing to sell me or even an entire handle assembly? Or does anyone know of another part that would work in it's place until the correct ones are available? I'm really excited for this game and of course, you want to be able use the triggers. Thank you in advance for any help or advice, also excited to be a member of the owners Club

Pinsider arakissun had some demo man parts. I do not remember which parts though.

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

Joined the club today. My first Superpin. Needs a good shop job to clean it up but otherwise is in good shape. Couple switch errors in the test report but not too worried there.
Main issue is when starting any multiball extra balls get ejected, sometimes all 5. Ball 4 in the trough doesn’t register so I need to check that and I’m guessing they’re related. Haven’t had a chance to work through this thread yet but I’m happy to join.

Are you sure you don't have an extra ball in the game?

#1101 5 years ago

I push one normal pressure, no issues. Something going on.

#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

On mine thus far a regular press releases the ball from the magnet except when over super jets. After I press it it takes a while before dropping. When over the others it drops right away. Doesn't make sense but that's what I'm getting.
Also a multiball question. When starting fortress multiball sometimes after hitting the top lock I get 1 kicked out and other times 2 kick out to give me 3 ball. Is there a way to add a ball or is this an error. I had a trough opto issue and all 4 left in the trough would kick out but since I corrected that it's kicking out 1 but sometimes 2. The game should know there's one in the top lock since that's what starts multiball and it is kicked back into play after the animation. I've tried the museum multiball a couple times and it was correct with 3 total but I haven't tried them all as I'm just trying to work through bugs as I find them.
I've had it less than a week so I don't have a reference of it working differently before or if it's been this way for sometime.

Mine acts up on the superjets, but it is when the wireform is not seated right and the ball is actually released, but it does not fall because it is resting on the wires and the claw.

#1108 5 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

Does that mean I can freeze more than the required amount? Fortress has one freeze light lit meaning it requires one. If I freeze two or three before locking to start multiball I'll get that many extras?

Yes

#1119 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Sounds like you have some opto issues... Something in the trough and probably the one at the top of the elevator. I'd just replace that one to start.

Yep, thats what mine did when the elevator opto would fail. Mine would do that after warmup. Also the frame holding the board on the claw can be easily bent down a touch and the optos don't see the claw. Found that out after replacing an opto to no avail. That claw can be iffy.

#1121 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yeah when having issues with it the best thing I think is to just replace all the claw/elevator optos and repin their connectors. That's what it took to finally iron mine out

Mine actually started acting up last night. I am gonna reflow pins and repin connectors.

1 month later
#1168 5 years ago
Quoted from unrared:

Hi guys, I recently acquired a Demolition Man. I'm really enjoying this game! I have tore it down once so far to replace the leds and clean the gunk off the playfield, but it has the typical cryo-claw issues and it could use some additional TLC. Particularly, there are several game-specific parts I'm having a hard time finding a source for. If anyone has spare parts they are looking to sell or leads on where to source them, here's the list of what my game could use:
1) Ramps: Any/all of the plastic ramps, including the under playfield one. Most all of mine are cracked or chipped in some minor way or another (the worst of the bunch is the middle, skill-shot ramp (that exits at the Retina Scan); looking for that one above all).
2) Play-field Plastics:
* The long plastic that extends to the upper flipper (seems commonly broken). - UPDATE: ordered the PinWitch alternative one today assuming they have it in stock...
* The short plastic, just to the left of the primary-center shot.
* The right-most plastic, left of the exit out of the shooter-lane.
3) NOS Cryo-Claw opto board or a 3rd-party one like http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/dmcob.html. I'm assuming Great Lakes Modular is no longer around as I've contacted them on 2 different mediums to no avail. Or is there a 3rd-party, unpopulated board available somewhere that anyone knows of?
Appreciate any help or suggestions, thanks!
-Ryan

I think freeplay40 was working on demo man ramps. Maybe check his thread.

6 months later
#1467 4 years ago
Quoted from majorrager:

I need some help and maybe everyone else could chime in and tell me how their game plays? I find it nearly impossible to relight the M-T-L lights during gameplay. As a result, it's impossible to relight the claw during a single ball. On ball launch, the ball travels all the way around to the upper flipper 99.9% of the time. I can shoot the left orbit consistently back into the multiball lock in the rear, but when it ejects, it nearly always bounces off the rollover lane post rubber and shoots back down the right orbit.
Occasionally a shot up the middle will kick to the right 10% of the time, and as long as it doesn't have too much velocity, the ball will make it into the rollovers.
Is the ball supposed to enter the pops after ejecting from the rear? A right orbit full speed shot always travels all the way around also. I've had some luck right-flipper shooting up the middle to kick to the right, but still not consistently.
I've owned this game for 7 years and it did the same thing even with the old original rubber before I shopped it.
I did a factory reset a while back, and lost my demolition time high score of 1 billion something, and the few times I've gotten back to the wizard mode since, I've failed to beat the factory 500,000,000 to get my initials back up there and it's making me insane.

Seems about 50 50 for me as far as the plunge making it around. When I hit the scoop for multiball it usually goes through the mtl lanes. Also hitting the center ramp is about 50/50 on which way it goes.
The right orbit should spot an unlit letter when the first switch is hit.

#1469 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't think the plunge should ever go into the pops, but my scoop always does. Also my pops will push the ball back up a lot, so I can sometimes get two full completions

I agree but I have not battled that piece yet.

1 week later
#1476 4 years ago

Pull the playfield forward and the screws are on the back plate at the top of the playfield. Renove the assembly and the board is on the bottom.

#1477 4 years ago

Also my bracket bent down and the opto was not seeing the piece. You could even bliw canned air into it before removing anything ad that has worked on optos for me. Depends what the fault is.

1 month later
#1504 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I have had this for over a month and enjoying it tremendously. Does this pin require a steeper incline than most other pins? I can’t have it any less than 7.5 degrees or it gets mad airballs.[quoted image]

Where are the airballs happening?

8 months later
#1754 3 years ago
Quoted from bighurb:

I think he’s talking about this in the back, if I remember correctly it only has flashers in there but it looks cool if you add some lights to make it light up permanently.
[quoted image]

I wired lights that correspond with the M T L rollover switch lights since you can't see them on the PF.

#1755 3 years ago

Pics

20180802_154459 (resized).jpg20180802_154459 (resized).jpg20180802_154610 (resized).jpg20180802_154610 (resized).jpg20180802_154415 (resized).jpg20180802_154415 (resized).jpg
6 months later
#1860 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hi Guys. For the first time in the 3 years i have owned the machine, the claw is acting up.
Can anybody tell me where to start based on this description:
Most of the time everything works just as it should in game. But every once in a while, the claw just doesn't move over to the elevator to pick up the ball. The DMD shows the claw instruction, but everything just sits idle for a while, until ball search kicks in. When that happens, the claw swings to the elevator, the elevator goes up, the claw grabs the ball, and swings it out to the left most exit (Acmag), but without rewarding the mode.
Could it be that the ball isn't detected correctly lying on the elevator or something? As the DMD shows the claw instructions, i suppose tha machine knows the ball should be present. ANd since the claw works as soon as ball search kicks in, i don't suppose it's a claw problem as such?
Hope someone has some input

Mine did this. I cleaned the optos and tested them. Replaced 1 and then repinned all the connectors. Also my base plate needed bent a touch under the claw motor so the tabs were fully into the opto that reads it.
I would start in test mode though and go to claw test. Also test the elevator seeing if it detects it. Make sure the opto that sees the ball in the elevator also works in switch mode.

1 week later
#1879 3 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

The only error is the claw when powering on. But I have checked the claw switches in test mode and they work as they should. I believe the starting issue is due to the claw. So I think once the issue with the claw is fixed, I don't think the starting issue will exist any longer. The other thing I noticed is a specific set of flashers have all went out now too. The fuse is fine however.

When you test the elevator, does it read both positions? I can't remember their names but i think it is :park" and maybe "home"?

#1885 3 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

Yes the elevator and the claw register both of their optos. That's why it's so confusing to me. So I wasn't sure if it could be the controller board or what.

Maybe reflow the headers on the controller board and the board on the claw. Then consider repinning the connectors and see what you have.

1 month later
#1929 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Anyone else notice the add a ball when playing wasteland multiball? I swear its done it more than once when ive either hit some target or a jackpot and its coughed a ball back into play.. i haven't been able to read anything pointing this out, however...

If you hit all the standups it adds a ball.

1 month later
#1983 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I no longer have my DemoMan, so I am looking for someone that would like a free set of these DemoMan Lenticular apron cards in exchange for photos of them installed.
Looking for someone in the Continental US, that hasn't received this offer from me previously for a different set of my cards.
First person to respond in this thread will get them.... this will get the PMs to a minimum.... Thanks!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04967-demolition-man-lenticular-apron-cards
[quoted image]

Do you also sell these? I would be interested.

3 weeks later
#2000 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Has anyone had to adjust the swing of the claw? The arm doesn't seem to travel enough to reach the ACMAG drop at the far left, just short...pulling off the plastic's on top of it...looks like a PITA just wondered if there is a simpler way I'm not seeing before I get into removing ramps and such...

Mine used to stop short but I adjusted mine. I had the whole claw and elevator torn apart to make it work properly. I really don't remember what I did to make it aligned, but I know I did. Sorry I am not more help.

5 months later
#2115 2 years ago
Quoted from westcoastbrian:

Hey, I just joined the Demolition Man Pin club.
I’m expect you to laugh. I was highest bidder at the Museum of Pinball auction. I spent the last two weeks cleaning up the game, and fixing small problems. Took a picture of it set up today.
I loved this game since college. Every day in between classes I would be on the game trying to get a guy name Ben off the top score list and of course he would try to remove mine. I believe by the end we were up near 200 Billion. We also played 2 player when we had the same off period.
I’m not as good as I used to be. My best score in the last 2 weeks is only 5 billion.
I still have one issue. The dmd keeps freezing up on me. Any ideas where to look?[quoted image]

Not gonna laugh at you. I will say, get connected with some local collectors and you will find some deals. I have had many issues that I worked through but I am not qualified to help out. If no one chimes in with some help go here and read through the sections that pertain to your issue. This site has helped me many times.

https://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wpc/index3.htm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 81.95
$ 85.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only?tu=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.