(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#338 9 years ago

I just bought one on Saturday from dmacy. It's my first machine and is in excellent condition. I put about 115 games on it over the weekend.

My high game is just under 3 billion. It's nowhere near as high as some of the ones I've seen, but I haven't had the machine that long. I got Demolition Time once, which was pretty bad a$$.

15691001351_2c1f2c5dd1_k.jpg15691001351_2c1f2c5dd1_k.jpg

15073565253_f0edcc158a_k.jpg15073565253_f0edcc158a_k.jpg

15669199036_5f8c854ed9_k.jpg15669199036_5f8c854ed9_k.jpg

15507529508_d216d32a85_k.jpg15507529508_d216d32a85_k.jpg

3 months later
#351 9 years ago

I'll do my best to help, but I'm still new at all this.

Quoted from Jimid34:

Hey,

I just got a DM last week for my first at home pinball purchase!! It is a great game. Have a few newbie questions for anyone out there who has worked on this game before.

Congratulations on your DM. I really love mine. We've put about 1,500 games on it since I bought it back in October.

Quoted from Jimid34:

1) The MTL lanes at the top of the game. I think the M and L lane wiring is backwards. When you go through the "M" lane, the "L" letter lights up (and visa versa). I looked under the playfield to switch the wires to the MLT lights, but they don't seem long enough to switch. Any other ideas?

Not quite sure on this. You can go into the switch test menu and then activate the switch manually. Then look up the switch number in the manual and make sure it's the correct switch. Maybe the lights are wired backwards and the switches are correct?

Quoted from Jimid34:

2) My leg levelers are REALLY rusty. Put WD40 on them a couple of times, and still can't wrench them free. Any other ideas? I am about to just say screw it, and buy new legs and levelers. Any suggestions so I don't have to lift up this heavy ass game to level it....

New legs, cabinet protectors and leg levelers might just be in your future. Not to sound rude, but you broke the lock nut free first, right? If so, you can try something like PB Blaster to break them loose. You should be able to get that at any auto parts store.

Quoted from Jimid34:

3) A couple of the narrow yellow targets (not the round ones), lean over in the holes they are in after some game play. I moved and straightened them up, but they just keep going back. How do you keep these "Centered" in the holes?

You don't. I tried centering mine about 10 times before I gave up.

Quoted from Jimid34:

4) Above the "Computer" hole, there appears to be some piece missing. Right now there is a clear piece of plastic wedged in there to keep balls from getting stuck in this area. Also, have a couple of cracked plastics (right side above the "Car Chase") and the right side of the playfield before the right loop. Is there a good online place to get spare plastic parts for this game?

There should be a piece of plastic above the scoop. Can you post a picture? Unfortunately, plastics are very hard to find and ramps are impossible to find. I suspect because it's not a high priced game, people don't think it's worth making spare parts.

Quoted from Jimid34:

5) My cryo-claw does not go all the way to the ATMAG slot, sometimes. I have moved it over to the left a couple of times. Is there a way I should be adjusting this under the playfield so this works 100% of the time, instead of physically moving it into place when this happens?

I haven't had this issue, thank goodness, but I've read that the optos are the first thing to check.

Quoted from Jimid34:

6) Man, I make a perfect, hard shoot up the left loop for an extra ball or multiball, and sometimes it goes through to the MTL lanes or back down the left loop. Is this normal? Is there something to "adjust" to help this issue?

7) My lockdown bar seems "loose". If you look at the holes and then slide the yellow lever in the coin door area to the closed position, the left bar is nice and long in the hole, but the right one doesn't go in as far. Is there a way to adjust this so the right one works the same as the left bar?

You'll want to go to the store and buy some weatherstripping foam. That stuff with the sticky back. Cut a square about 2" x 1" and stick it inside the scoop for the extra ball shot right where the ball would hit the scoop. Make sure you put it lower than you think it should be. I kept putting mine too high and I had to move it down.

Play a game, test and move it if necessary. Mine went from being about 30% effective to about 80-90% effective. It still hops out sometimes, but it's much, much better. It was always so frustrating because that shot is hard enough anyway.

You might also have to bend the gate a little. When you look back there, you'll see an "L" shaped gate thing that keeps the ball from bouncing back. I think from all the thousands of games on mine, it got bent forward allowing more room for the ball to hop out of the scoop. Be careful bending it so you don't break anything.

As for the lockdown bar, mine used to be the same way. If you take off the lockdown bar, you'll see two flathead brass screws. Look in the slots and start turning the screws. You'll see how it works to tighten and loosen the lockdown bar. I would recommend that you take some of that foam weatherstripping and run it along the inside of the lockdown bar. It stopped mine from sounding like the glass was going to break every time I nudged the machine.

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Nice, I will have to try that scoop remedy also. I didn't realize the ball was going in and popping out,I just assumed it was bypassing it all together,lol.

I used my iPhone to take a slow motion video while my wife threw the ball around the orbit. Each time you could see it hit the inside of the scoop and fly back out.

1 year later
#456 8 years ago
Quoted from RabidBunny:

Looks like I have a new hobby (it is my first pinball machine).

Congratulations on your first machine. My first was also Demolition Man. That was in November 2014....Now I have 7 and I'm finishing my basement so I have room for more.

I not addicted. I can stop anytime I want.

2 weeks later
#470 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Sold mine to a friend

That guy is a dirtbag.

3 weeks later
#482 7 years ago

I got a topper at Pinfest. Unfortunately, it doesn't respond to the remote so I think I might have to send it back. I'm sure Laseriffic will take care of it. At least it's stuck on blue.

IMG_9926_(resized).JPGIMG_9926_(resized).JPG

3 months later
#527 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

It eliminates the strategy of Lock Freeze Lock Freeze Lock Freeze that otherwise gets you through the multi balls thus making it much harder to do, and forces you to play the other modes, most of which are actually pretty good, just waaaaaaaay too undervalued in points.

I'm pretty sure if you disable the claw, the modes at random and don't duplicate until you've cleared them all.

I played DM in a tournament, the claw was disabled and it automatically picked the mode when I shot the claw.

3 months later
#555 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

When you have chosen a mode, for example lock freeze, it stays solid. is it possible to choose this again next time you shoot into the cryo claw and start the multiball by choosing freeze lock second time, or must you finish all the modes before you can choose the same ones again?

You can choose the same mode over and over again if you want. There are two main ways to attack the claw. One is go Lock Freeze all day. That way you can run thorough all 4 multiballs relatively quickly and get the huge jackpot following the 4th multiball.

The second way to do it, is to cycle through each mode and make it to Demolition Time. The way I attack that, is I start with Capture Simon first. When the ball returns from the cryoclaw, it ends up in the right inlane which lights Quick Freeze on the left ramp. Shoot that immediately and now you have multiball lit and Capture Simon running.

You can do the others in any order, but I save Prison Break for last. As soon as the last mode is started (Prison Break), it lights the computer for Demolition Time. The nice thing is that Prison Break feeds the upper left flipper. So if that's your last mode, you get an immediate shot on the computer and can start Demolition Time right away.

2 months later
#596 7 years ago

Has anyone run into an issue where the elevator come up, the claw grabs the ball and then the claw just sits there until ball search? Is there a sensor that tells the claw that it successfully grabbed the ball? Mine doesn't this on a completey random basis.

3 months later
#650 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All
My "eye" in DemoMan has dried out! No fluid at all, this causes it not to roll.
Can anyone suggest/know where I can get a new one
Thanks

I bought mine from Marco, but it appears as though they are out of stock. I didn't see them for sale anywhere else when I was shopping for a new one.

#652 6 years ago

Yes. There is supposed to be fluid in them.

7 months later
#894 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Thats a default shipping fee for anything, because they do not ship to the US anymore.

Wait, I'm confused. Marco doesn't ship to the US anymore? I thought they were in the US?

#896 6 years ago

Ah. I got confused. There were a bunch of Marco links flying around so I assumed that was who stopped shipping to the US.

8 months later
#1110 5 years ago

Do the buttons register during switch test?

4 months later
#1322 5 years ago

My claw is misbehaving as well. It works sometimes but a lot of times it moves to the right to grab the ball. The elevator moves up and the claw grabs the ball. After a few seconds, it drops the ball and then waits for ball search. Sometimes it will grab the ball during ball search and drop it down the ACMAG lane. Other times it just sits there while the elevator goes up and down.

Mine also acts weird in test. Right is fine, but left gets "jerky". You have to hit the button about a hundred times to make it go left.

I was thinking of just replacing the opto board, but I can't find the thing anywhere.

#1325 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I had that issue too. In the end I replaced my claw optos and repinned the connector, and it's been rock solid since. The software doesn't seem able to handle even the tiniest of blips in the signal

Let's just pretend that I'm not skilled at board repair and wanted to just buy a new board....

4 months later
#1472 4 years ago

Mine claw is randomly going off during game play. Based on the switch test, it’s the Elevator Hold Switch which appears to be an opto.

It also goes off when you smack the playfield, which is weird since it’s an opto.

Neither side connection is loose under the playfield and I tried unplugging both and plugging them back in again with no change.

I’m not sure how you nail down the culprit.

F28154C8-4DA5-43E0-AB33-D370CB0F4AE8 (resized).jpegF28154C8-4DA5-43E0-AB33-D370CB0F4AE8 (resized).jpeg

#1474 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Repin and reflow anyway

Any idea how to get them out? It looks like half the machine needs to come apart to get to them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 81.95
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 72.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only?tu=spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.