(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#597 7 years ago

I just put a deposit down on a DM and will be joining the club soon. I was hoping to find a restored PF for it. I thought I would check here as often times folks pick up a PF and then never get around to doing the swap or end up selling machine, etc.

#599 7 years ago

Wow, nice work! That looks great.

#605 7 years ago

I'll be picking up my DM next week. My friend insists that the first order of business will be flipper and pop rebuilds as well as a shop out. I've been thinking of doing some Titan bands on the game. Anybody done these? What color scheme did you use? Got pics?

#609 7 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I'm looking forward to picking this one up.

#612 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

In the club! Sound on mine is anemic. Explosions and other effects need some oomph. Thinking of getting an internal sub to replace original cabinet speaker. Can anyone weigh in whether this results in significant improvement? Should I consider back box speaker upgrades also? Not looking to spend money unnecessarily.

You definitely want to go with a self powered amp. Anything that isn't self powered will be just as lacking in oomph as what you have.

#613 7 years ago

Thanks for the Titan tips guys. I am torn between glow in the dark or clear. Now I must also decide clear star posts or blue....

#618 7 years ago

Hi Friends,

I did not take quite the detailed pics that I thought I did when moving my machine. I have a blue and white lead with a manufacture tag of IJ104, however I wrote IJ105 on the connector. I remember having a similar issue with my BSD where the manufacture tag was wrong and I was correct.

Can anyone tell me what they have in those two locations? Thanks in advance.

#621 7 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Page 3-32 in the manual I believe shows that only J104 is used, not J105. See attached...

Thanks! I have the manual, but...after Rollergames I have decided not to put my trust in them. Turns out they are a parallel circuit so either is correct.

1 week later
#629 7 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Just following up to see if anyone knows where to buy mirror blades that fit demo man. Thanks

There is only one mirror blades company. They do not sell Demo Man specific blades. Their WPC blades are easy to modify to fit a DM.

#632 7 years ago

I don't, I had read about the problems here and reached out to the company and asked them. They weren't aware of the deiscrepencies. They recommended drilling out the original hole a bit more. I hadn't realized measurements were that off that they modification wouldn't be covered by the hardware.

It might be worth taking a picture and sending it to them. Maybe they could send you a set that was not drilled out. I planned on ordering a set when I finish with my restoration.

#633 7 years ago

Has anyone purchased the repro plastics from PPS, how is the artwork? Is it true to the original?

#635 7 years ago

Thanks, it sounds like they just scanned these and didn't bother to vectorize and fix the art. This is what I was afraid of. *sigh*

#637 7 years ago

Anybody have any interest in a NOS Cleared PF? I picked this up when I grabbed my game for $750. Sadly I did not notice some slight inserts raise. One looks like a hairline crack the other looks like decal lines. The perfectionist in me can't install it as is knowing that it can be fixed and I don't have the skills or the fund to repair. It doesn't appear the clear is cracked, it is just cosmetic. One could repair, or simply glue the inserts in place and leave as it.

I plan on posting in the market place tomorrow, but wanted to give other DM owners here first crack. Aside form the freeze inserts the PF is STUNNING.

unnamed-14 (resized).jpgunnamed-14 (resized).jpg

unnamed-10 (resized).jpgunnamed-10 (resized).jpg

unnamed-9 (resized).jpgunnamed-9 (resized).jpg

unnamed-11 (resized).jpgunnamed-11 (resized).jpg

#639 7 years ago

I am hoping to get the $750 that I paid for it back

1 year later
#1186 5 years ago

Nice pickup. It's such a great game. I just picked up my second last weekend. Hoping to tear into it xmas.

#1189 5 years ago
Quoted from Kensurfs:

Any advice on how hard it will be to replace the cars. Someone put in nascar cars in mine.

What allsportdvd said, these are regularly, or at least were before people caught on, found on ebay for about $7 a car.

1 week later
#1198 5 years ago

I am about to shop out the filthy beast that I picked up. Does anyone have a plastic set that they would want to sell?

2 weeks later
#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Still looking for this plastic and not
Keen to buy an entire plastic set just to get it. Can anyone help? I don’t want to pay $100 for 1 plastic

I have a new set of plastic en route. They should be here in the next few days. If it has the key fob, I'll let you know, though given shipping to the AU it may just cost $100

#1211 5 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Anybody know where I can get the left handle inside metal flat spring? Part number A-18001-2
I just replaced my trigger buttons with the new red aluminum ones on here and found that I’m missing the spring. I love the new trigger buttons! Thanks in advance!

That part number is not coming up anywhere. I would take the one out of the right side, measure and head down to your local hardware store. My guess is you'll find one close enough. You can always check the big williams books that they have posted on PPS, it may be there under a diff part number.

#1217 5 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

I could get a flat blade spring at the hardware store?

Here is what Bay Area is showing. Out of stock, but it provides different numbers for you. If it's just the gold leaf, that looks pretty standard.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-DMA-18761-P

Quoted from djxealot:

1. Handle chrome
2. Handle is missing a couple of the star screws and the things they screw into on the other end. Enough remain to keep them on solidly, but I need to get more so there aren't unsightly holes here. Do y'all know which ones they are? Marco Specialties isn't very clear on this.
3. The backbox side decals look a little crappy, even after touching up the cabinet. I should probably replace them. No idea where to get those.

2. I'll look at mine tomorrow, IIRC these are just run of the mill security screws. Remove one, measure, and call fastenal.

3. I got my DM decals here. Solid, for the price. They and PPS had a pissing match so the Williams stuff is off their site https://www.retrorefurbs.com

#1219 5 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Yep that’s the part 10-460.1 thank you! I did research online and that part seems to be out of stock everywhere I look. Figures, just my luck stuck again

I don't think it's all that unique though. If it's just the brass leaf switch, measure and then either head to your local hardware store, compare size to other available leaf switches or make your own using the other you have as a trace. I am sure the steel sheeting that is used for ramps flaps and is easily had is a fine alternative for time being.

Since you have the part number call Steve at Pinball resource. Tell him you have this DM, this is the part number, but you can't find it anywhere. If you give him the measurements he maybe able to source an alternative. If I wasn't elbow deep in full shops on my DM and SST I would take my handle apart and look for you.

1 week later
#1238 5 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

Does anyone know if any of the Cliffy scoop protectors will fit the underground scoop on Demolition Man. There are a lot of them ad I wondered if any other pins scoops would fit DM? Thanks

Just drop him a line. He's pretty good at responding.

2 weeks later
#1262 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just saw another DM and realised I don’t have this plastic. Does anyone have a spare, new or used?
[quoted image]

I just installed new plastic so I should have a spare. I'm not sure of the condition though. Do you still need the promo as well?

#1267 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just saw another DM and realised I don’t have this plastic. Does anyone have a spare, new or used?
[quoted image]

This is what my spare looks like. I didn't try cleaning the underside as I am not very successful with that. It's not great, but it's free. Though being in Australia, you are looking at $9.08 in shipping.

0-10 (resized).jpeg0-10 (resized).jpeg0-11 (resized).jpeg0-11 (resized).jpeg
#1270 5 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Mike Chestnut chromed handles. Halo led buttons. Polished stainless hardware. Anodized red aluminum triggers. Demolition Man. So hot right now. Demolition Man.

Lordy those look amazing. Mike did the best work RIP.

Where did you get those buttons and triggers?

#1278 5 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Hello all. I recently picked up a demoman with all the fixings to make beautiful again. Pin has very nice playfield, plays just about perfect. Came with new set of decals for head and cab. New plastic set, new titan rubber set, new post set. Whats is worth when its complete or if I decided not to restore, whats it worth as is?. Thanks for the input

Whatever someone will pay for it.

#1287 5 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I guess not for the eyeball but right next to it for the car. Just wondering has anyone added a GI socket and bulb here. There is just a hole here with nothing in it.

I thought about doing some kind of LED strip. there, but got really behind on my tear down (was trying to finish for a party) and had to rush it back together).

#1290 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I have a welder in my garage but I’m out of gas and have never welded anything this thin. There’s a metal fab shop downtown I can talk to.
I Am getting a James Cardona chip, ramps chromed, got new cars coming, new cab and head decals arrived. I wanted a project, doesn’t get any better than this one. At least the pf is clean.

Nice, I picked up a similar kind of project a couple of months ago. My buddy had it in his basement sans a glass while he did renovations. I must have vacuumed 15 gallons of drywall dust from it.

So far: New lock down bar, glass, NOS plastics, cars, titans, comets...It was also missing some ribbon cables and boards. Once I financially recover from getting it up and running I plan on sending the handles out and maybe doing new cabinet decals. I love bringing these things back from the dead.

#1291 5 years ago

I just grabbed a four pack of the blue LED halo buttons. They were $20 shipped for the four. If anyone wants to buy the other pair, I'd sell them for the $10 and like $2 shipping and supplies.

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I reached out and Kerry said this:

Hopefully someone can send him one. His email is on his website: [email protected]

Mine is in tact, but repaired. I would be happy to send him it. Easy enough to see how it goes.

1 week later
#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Is there a link to instructions on how to install these? Very cool looking.

Somewhere in this subject there is. I haven't had any time to install mine yet or even think about it.

1 week later
#1349 5 years ago

I picked up a couple of friends for Demolition Man! I was worried he was lonely being the only futuristic cop in my lineup.

53735596_10156892548631271_5597560456593014784_n (resized).jpg53735596_10156892548631271_5597560456593014784_n (resized).jpg
#1354 5 years ago

GreenMachine19 I love what yo've done so far. That machine looks so clean and slick.

#1361 5 years ago

Nice work! I sent mine off to Mantis two weeks ago. I'm hoping this is something he can fab.

1 month later
#1420 4 years ago

When I wanted a set I placed an ad on the marketplace here and Mr Pin and got several replies. I bought an NOS set. If you go that route soak them in warm water first I had some ink peel

1 week later
#1427 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

There's a Demo Man for sale near me. He's asking 1800 for a beat up machine that's not working. I've always enjoyed the game, so I might pick it up and try to fix it. Question- who makes the ice blue LED's)? They look nice. Are people choosing the frosted?

Comet, and I used a mixture of both frosted and non depending on location.

#1439 4 years ago

Ugh, that looks risky. I picked up a DM from a friend recently for $1500, just needed a lock bar, glass and driver board....well it was also missing mini driver, crane motor, ribbon cables, subway, broken plastics galore, and had a bunch poached off. I think I am close to $2400 in now. Sometimes it's not worth the risk.

1 week later
#1447 4 years ago

A while back I shipped Kerry at Mantis my mangled subway chute thing. Last week, I got the prototype in the mail and I am beyond excited. It is flawless, and better than the original. Initial testing shows it's a drop in replacement with no playability issues. I am still testing it out, and hoping to play the heck out of it this week to test its durability. I think we may finally have an aftermarket product available.

61054700_10157066796051271_2313179801197740032_n (resized).jpg61054700_10157066796051271_2313179801197740032_n (resized).jpg
#1451 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Would it be possible to extend the floor where the plastic subway enters to avoid further damage to it?

I'm not sure, you should drop Kerry a line and ask [email protected]

2 weeks later
#1459 4 years ago

Looks like my Demo Man isn't quite finished. I wonder what the quality is like.

1 month later
#1497 4 years ago

If anyone's looking I just very begrudgingly listed my DM for sale

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/83152

4 months later
#1621 4 years ago

I have some leftover used plastics from my DM shop out and restoration. Not great, but may be one or two in there that are better than what you have. Totes free, just pay shipping to whomever can use them. I would prefer that you take them all.

0 (resized).jpeg0 (resized).jpeg0-1 (resized).jpeg0-1 (resized).jpeg
Added over 4 years ago:

CLAIMED

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
PinSound

$ 72.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only?tu=nerdygrrl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.