Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,304 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by GreenMachine19
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 369 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A56DF928-8193-45FE-93DF-C92718AE7ABA (resized).jpeg
EF7D16A5-3225-4ABC-B9F6-3400CF44070C (resized).jpeg
745737DE-F298-4873-9434-34FA6238935D (resized).jpeg
1C79C5F9-E200-4BEE-AFDA-A4BB63CDFE27 (resized).jpeg
7F829664-AF68-4FCC-BED0-7E168ACF7A2F (resized).jpeg
35320A6C-2ED5-4BED-A814-E1513E31FDEF (resized).jpeg
CC90C917-4FA2-4C27-B20A-80D836B1717E.gif
745AF929-781C-4DE1-8AE0-A038747721FC.gif
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20190217_145049 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#366 4 years ago

Sign me up for the Demo man club. Super fun game. I love the handle triggers for the flippers. I picked up a project and have it now fully working but the playfield is rough.

I am in need of a bunch of plastics. I know they are in short supply and no has any anywhere. If any of you have any DM plastics that you can part with PM me which ones you have and what you would need for them and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks

1 week later
#368 3 years ago

Time to sell this plastic piece online lol.

image.jpg

1 month later
#382 3 years ago
Quoted from Sniperone:

I was thinking of heavy black powder coat on all metal parts outside. guns rails lockbar legs etc. I am tired of the chrome look.
I have been told that is dumb.

It's your game do whatever you want to to it. However, irreversible modifications can hurt resale of you ever come to that. Mine are tarnished and I thought about painting them all with a candy blue auto color. But. I probably won't lol.

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

Metalic graphite on all hardware. I personally love it.

IMG_1327.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

See I do too. I know some people want them original and others don't. I'm just all about good looking, good playing pins.

2 months later
#423 3 years ago

Good luck finding that upper flipper plastic. It is basically nonexsistant. If you see one buy it. I would keep my eye on eBay. Lots of people part this game and the rarer pieces go fast.

2 years later
#801 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Lots of bad bulbs. Replaced every one and they all worked. Not even a bad socket or joint anywhere

I’ve had several machines like this. I had a lethal weapon 3 with one working bulb lol.

I picked up a demo man again for the second time the other day and had forgotten how much I liked it. Super clean wth great ramps. Of course it has one broken plastic. You get two guesses at which one it is and the first guess doesn’t count. Lol. When is someone going to just make that third flipper plastic in bulk lol.

#804 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Gonna guess the busted plastic is over the two round stand ups?

It’s the long one over the upper flipper. It’s always broken seems like

Quoted from RockBass14:

The elevator on my DM has gone intermittant. Usually a jiggle or two gets it going after I open it up, which would make me think it's a loose connection. However, all the connections seem to look pretty solid. I'm considering desoldering and resoldering the connections to the motor. Any other "usual suspects" with the elevator going intermitant like this? I did check the opto and it checks out good, although I am considering just replacing that as well.....

You might try cleaning the optos. I had intermittent optos on my Dirty Harry and they were just dirty

#826 1 year ago
Quoted from RockBass14:

I put the LED Color DMD in mine and it looks great. I wasn't sure if I wanted the LCD or LED version but have no regrets about going with the LED option, it looks great and suits the game, IMO. I couldn't find any used ones anywhere, I think you're pretty much going to have to buy one new from the Color DMD folks.....

Post some pics. If you don’t care of course. I’m on the fence myself. I have a couple of games that’s I’m contemplating color dmd on and dm is one of them.

1 week later
#841 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine does this when the claw is working, but sometimes it won't give the "x awards left for demolition time", won't play the claw music, just picks up the ball, moves to acmag, and drops it. "claw ready" stays on, and if I just shoot it up the right ramp again it'll work fine. It basically acts like the claw isn't lit and a ball falls in the elevator somehow, except the claw is lit.
Only thing I can think of is maybe it's bouncing so hard into the elavator it's getting past the opto for a second before settling and somehow that messes the game up, so I'm going to try some deadening foam next...
I'm on LX-4
To be very precise, from my testing:
When the ball gets into the elevator, if "claw ready is unlit", the game just picks up the ball and drops it in acmag, and seems to assume it was an airball or something.
If "claw ready" is kit, the game treats it as a successful right ramp shot and awards you a combo (if kit), then displays "x awards remaining till demolition time", picks the ball up, displays the claw instructions and timer, turns off "claw ready" and lets you drop it for an award. Usually it seems to also move to acmag before letting you take control, but I'm not sure if it always does this?
On mine, if it gets to the point of showing the "x awards" message then everything works fine, but sometimes even when claw ready is kit it acts like it isn't lit, doesn't register a ramp shot, and just removes the ball.
As another note, all this behavior seems to be independent of the right ramp entrance switch or the diverter actually being open or not.

Mine has done this as well on occasion. Is there possibly a way to adjust the optos to fix it? Mine happens so rarely that it really isn’t worth digging in to. Maybe twice in over a hundred games.

2 months later
#898 1 year ago

Ok maybe a long shot but I’m looking at DM that is missing the diverter. Does anyone have one they’d sell or know where I could buy one? I found it weird someone would remove the diverter. Even more so than ramp guards lol

#900 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Good luck on that one! If this is a machine you're considering buying, always check inside the cabinet for missing parts before walking away... It never surprises me when I see a game with a cabinet full of dirt, garbage, broken rubbers, burned out bulbs, misc screws and hardware and malfunctioning PF assemblies.

That’s what I thought but alas it is no where. I was just hoping that given how many times I’ve seen demo man parted out that someone may have one. No diverter would kill the entire flow of the game which is one of its strong suits. I don’t see why taking it out would have ever been an option.

Anyone have one?

#902 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

This is on ebay ebay.com link » 1994 Williams Demolition Man Pinball Machine Playfield Larger Plastic Ramp
He has several other parts for DM for sale too. I have found many unobtanium parts by messaging sellers like this who appear to be parting out a game.

Cool thanks. I sent him a message. Hopefully he has it

4 months later
#982 7 months ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Walamab - The cars are just Hotwheels and can be found on e-bay ( may have to look for a while ) . So they should roll easy and return fast. As for the ball going all the way around - mine has been 100% and never not make it all the way around .

I’m on my third demolition man. The first one was a wreck. I had to replace the cabinet due to termite damage. The inserts were trashed. The plastics and ramps were broken. But it made the opening loop shot 100% of the time. The second and third are maybe 60-75%. It’s on my list of little things to fix on my machines. But the little thing list is right behind the big things list so...... lol.

#989 7 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't make the right loop too often but I've never noticed an issue. My auto plunge isn't weak, when it does make it around it's fast enough that it's a challenge to hit the computer hole. The problem is that the ball seems to deflect sometimes into the lower guide. I'm not sure where the variance is coming from.

This was the same issue on the last two I have had. Just the auto plunge

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Friendswood, TX
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 269.99
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 28.00
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside