(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,544 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by waldo34
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 463 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7FC5981F-B555-4B5B-94A7-53E00E724FCB (resized).jpeg
20191107_205527 (resized).jpg
20191107_205543 (resized).jpg
20190923_160548 (resized).jpg
E78F1E04-2BBF-470C-87A4-7FAD5923EB7E (resized).jpeg
C2221D5E-1ABC-4230-A140-39D663892A76 (resized).jpeg
A2BCFC8E-1E81-401D-BC53-2F79DD99C883 (resized).jpeg
20190926_214555 (resized).jpg
20190926_213947 (resized).jpg
20190926_213940 (resized).jpg
demolition man alternate translite 3 (resized).jpg
demolition man alternate translite 2 (resized).jpg
1FCC1476-F824-4BC1-A29C-A990D743A6FE (resized).jpeg
Cards.png
IMG_0985 (resized).JPG
demolition man alternate translite (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Walamab.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#972 1 year ago

Joined the club yesterday! 1st pinside purchase with delivery by STI. So far its a great game.

IMG_0464 (resized).jpg
#973 1 year ago

I've been learning the game over the last few days and I hope someone here can help with a couple of issues/questions.

1) When the ball is launched, its 50/50 for if it will make it around the back and to the upper flipper for a skill shot try. Is this normal? There is a small playfield plastic missing by the lane just below the pops. It appears to me the ball is hitting the rubber around that post and causing it to loose momentum. Will adding this plastic help? thoughts?

2) The police car does not return to the initial position after being hit. It will eventually return after additional gameplay (pops, flippers, nudging etc.). Is this normal?

3) After a drain and during the bonus add up, the speakers crackle a lot. It is almost like the volume is to loud (it isn't) but sounds are fine during gameplay. Is this typical? What can I look at to try to fix it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

#975 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You can try to reaim your shooter mech

Ok thanks. I have a replacement plastic. I think I'll just leave it off .

Quoted from zacaj:

It's possible its wheels have come off

Good to know. I'll have to take it apart and check. in the mean time I'll order a newone.

Thanks for the feedback!

#988 1 year ago

thanks for all of the feedback...

I was able to work on my new-to-me DM this weekend and got a lot of things worked out.

New police car fixed the problem with that area. It works perfectly now.

I adjusted the launcher assembly and now get the ball to complete the orbit nearly every time (99%). Rotating it very slightly clockwise within the "slop" in the screw holes did the trick.

As for the cracking speakers...I found a variable resistor (or maybe its a capacitor) alligator clipped across a resistor on the sound board. When I adjust it, it appears to adjust the balance between the sub in the bottom of the cabinet and the panel speakers. When I remove it completely, there's no cracking but not much low end from the sub. I've adjusted it to give a bit of bass with cracking in the panel speaker.

has anyone else seen something like this?

Thanks again!

1 week later
#993 1 year ago

Now that I've had a week or so to tweak things and learn the game, I can say this is a great pin! Difficult but not too difficult. Fast smooth play when I don't screw up the ramp shots.

Sooooo glad I joined the club!

3 weeks later
#1011 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me the type of bolt used to hold the handles to the cabinet? i.e. thread specification and length.

Thanks in advance!

#1014 1 year ago

Thanks, I started in the manual and could only find the ones that hold the two haves of the handles together. I couldn't find a reference to the screws that hold the handles to the cabinet.

I'll just take one of them to the hardware store and compare to what they have there like you suggest.

Thanks again!

#1015 1 year ago

For the record and future reference the screws that hold the handles to the cabinet are #10-32 X 1-1/2" Button Head Security Screws. Thread is the same as the 3/8" screws that hold the two haves of the handles together (conveniently).

2 months later
#1098 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Youtube has great videos on mold making and casting

I tried my hand at this with blue crescent inserts. The shape worked out great but I could never get the bubbles out of them. Given the fact that the triggers are opaque, this should be easier to do. I used the materials (mold and resin) and processes recommended by this site https://makezine.com/2014/03/21/resin-casting-going-from-cad-to-engineering-grade-plastic-parts/ for the inserts. A google search for resin casting will return lots of help .

8 months later
#1488 3 months ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I would like to replace my set with a set of stainless.

I tried to go with stainless and it looks a little odd against the bright chrome of newly plated handles. I ended up taking increasing grit wet dry sand paper and polishing pads from Hoybby Lobby and polishing the heads of the original barrel nuts and screws. It turned out nicely. I'll post a picture this evening when I get home if you care to see how it looks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 28.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Walamab.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside