(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#584 7 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Got my new plastics and plastic protectors!

Did you get these from Marcos? And the playfield protector? I have a Demo Man coming from Europe that isn't currently working. When I get it working it will be time to order new plastics, rings, and a playfield protector. Do you have a protector on anything else? What do you think about it? I am working on a Pinbot, stripped the mylar off, and am planning on a playfield protector for it too. Thanks!

#587 7 years ago

Now I'm leaning towards all light blue rings with black posts or all black like the factory.
Any opinions out there?

I'm considering orange rings and flippers (fluorescent orange would be perfect!), with either light blue or gray posts.

#590 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Anyone know where I can buy a claw magnet?

What is the part number?

2 weeks later
#600 7 years ago

Great work! It's amazing that these machines still work when they are so dirty, and are so tough that they come out shining when someone cleans them up! I have one coming from Europe that is about that dirty - do you have any tips or tricks for us specific to a Demo Man refurb?

1 week later
#620 7 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Hi Friends,
I did not take quite the detailed pics that I thought I did when moving my machine. I have a blue and white lead with a manufacture tag of IJ104, however I wrote IJ105 on the connector. I remember having a similar issue with my BSD where the manufacture tag was wrong and I was correct.
Can anyone tell me what they have in those two locations? Thanks in advance.

Page 3-32 in the manual I believe shows that only J104 is used, not J105. See attached...

Williams_1994_Demolition_Man_Operations_Manual_English_OCR_searchable.pdfWilliams_1994_Demolition_Man_Operations_Manual_English_OCR_searchable.pdf

2 weeks later
#638 7 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Anybody have any interest in a NOS Cleared PF?

I'm interested. How much are you asking? I have one coming in a container group buy that I know has wear down in front of the flippers that I don't have the skills to fix. But I can't afford much and I've never done a playfield swap!

3 months later
#657 6 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Just joined the club today.

Nice chrome!

1 month later
#672 6 years ago

I'm in the process of bringing a beat up re-import DM back to life. Can someone please take a picture of their 7-opto board under the playfield by the left flipper? I am curious to see how the board is attached to the brackets - mine is using zip ties. See pic... Thank you!

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 12.57.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-08-12 at 12.57.37 PM (resized).png

#674 6 years ago

Thank you for the pics. Those are indeed roll-over rivets, my favorite (not!) to install.

2 weeks later
#697 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Balls seem to get trapped under the right sling plastic. The rubber is where it should be. Anyone have any ideas?

Got a pic?

3 weeks later
#737 6 years ago
Quoted from RockBass14:

Do you guys think just to save the time and hassle to get the fully assembled units versus doing the rebuild on my own?
I could alternatively buy 2 11629 for lower flippers and an 11630 for the upper and call it good. Other options are coil stops and EOS switches. I think for a few bucks extra it's worth it to just buy the complete assemblies. Here's what I'm looking at;
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=172

Get the kits and rebuild them yourself. It is very easy and you'll feel better about your skills when you're done. Vid's guide is awesome. Also, the manual is your friend. All of the assemblies with part numbers are in there to plug into the search field at the supplier of your choice's website.

Also to note - Vid's guide uses NORMALLY CLOSED EOS, and Demo Man uses NORMALLY OPEN EOS.

#741 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just joined the club for the first time.

Nice looking DM! Did you buy it in that shape or have you modded it already? Could you tell me where you got those lit buttons on the handles? I'm in the process of bringing a container DM back to life and it could use a little bling!

#749 6 years ago

Thank you and your friend for the button info!

#752 6 years ago

Captive Eyeball - I have scoured all of the interwebs I can find for a new floating eyeball of the correct 1-1/16" diameter with no luck. Anyone have any ideas or leads? I've read the Pinball Rebel ordeal of reconditioning one, and that's not going to happen. Ideas?

1 month later
2 weeks later
#849 6 years ago

Seems to me that in this forum the answer is usually optos, optos, and optos. Oh wait, maybe that was the Judge Dredd forum...!?

#851 6 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

If optos... from the elevator?

Correct. The claw itself is only a magnet.

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

But it has left/right optos?

I gotta bow out here. My knowledge has come to an end! Anyone else got ideas?

2 months later
#918 6 years ago

Greetings, fellow DM owners. After a full tear-down and shop I have this one small clear plastic left. Can someone please point me to its intended location? Thank you!

DM mystery plastic (resized).jpegDM mystery plastic (resized).jpeg

#921 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Willing to sell old plastics?

Absolutely. I will put up some pics tonight.

1 month later
#949 6 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Absolutely. I will put up some pics tonight.

I haven't forgotten about this, just haven't got there yet...

2 months later
#978 5 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

Ok thanks. I have a replacement plastic.

Is that piece of plastic a clear small rectangle with two small holes that look to be for rivets? I put a new plastic set on mine and have one like that left. I'll put a pic up tomorrow - can you please post a pic of this plastic in place?

#980 5 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

There is a small playfield plastic missing by the lane just below the pops. It appears to me the ball is hitting the rubber around that post and causing it to loose momentum. Will adding this plastic help?

Is this the plastic that is missing? I have this left over after installing a new set and I don't know where it goes. Any input?

IMG_4685 (resized).jpgIMG_4685 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1019 5 years ago

Last page of the manual... Solenoid & flasher matrixes are usually at the front, and controlled lamps & switch matrixes are at the back of the manuals (at least for WPC).

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 7.34.29 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-08-09 at 7.34.29 PM (resized).png
2 months later
#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Pinsider ARAKISSUN had some demo man parts. I do not remember which parts though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-pinball-parts

No triggers, though:

Demolition Man parts
Motor EMI board A-15542-17$
Tilt mechanism assy-10$
Outhole through assy-50$
Ball eject assy B-9361-R-15$
Incline ramp A-17291-18$
All Lamp boards-30$
EYE Gate assy-15$
Left ramp enter assy-12$
Left ramp exit assy-12$
Right ramp enter assy-10$
Right ramp exit assy-10$
Side ramp enter assy-12$
Side ramp exit assy-10$
Super jackpot assy-16$
Demolition time assy-16$
2xFeed ramp-2x25$
2xBall trough assy A-16765(without the boards)-2x35$
Ball popper assy rear A-17215-30$

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

But, I have an issue that I need help. At Gameover, Simon Phoenix keeps asking me if I want him to play the F’ng accordion? I changed the Adult mode language and music to NO, but he keeps asking.....lol. What am I missing?

Turn off the Match feature and that goes away. I thought he was saying the F word too, but he's not. He's actually saying, "Wonder if I can play the accordion, too?". Here's the movie clip:

http://www.tzr.io/yarn-clip/32440ddc-e557-41f8-bf6c-ddbc1cf273af

#1088 5 years ago

The quotes I was getting from injection mold shops are $100 each plus mold creation fees. Yikes.

Youtube has great videos on mold making and casting. Particularly from a company BJB that sells the materials too. I started going down this rabbit hole to make a replacement baby T-rex egg for Lost World Jurrasic Park but never acquired the machine. Maybe I'll look at this again with the DM triggers in mind. Anyone else out there have any experience with this? How much would one expect to pay for a pair of triggers? Here is one of BJB's videos showing a kit of recommended/required accessories $118):

#1104 5 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

I tried my hand at this with blue crescent inserts

Thanks for the info, Walamab . I haven't heard from anyone else that needs triggers, and given the setup cost to do this right (>$200) I'm likely not going to take the project on. My triggers are fine but I'd use them to create the molds if there were at least 10 people willing to pay around $20 for a set of triggers so I could hopefully come close to breaking even!

#1122 5 years ago

I had funky problems with ball counts in mine and traced it to the trough optos. While poking around the boards I discovered how HOT the big 2 watt resistors on the transmitter optos get. Like, REALLY HOT! This combined with ball bangs(!) and vibration have to be bad for solder joints over the long run. Since I had to do work on the boards I went looking for modern replacements and found them by Great Lakes Modular. These use surface mount components, are much more efficient, and don't get hot. They're only $60 for a set of TX/RX. Once replaced my weird problems were cured. Highly recommended! Edit: They also make replacement Claw Opto boards.

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/dcs_tr.html
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/dcs_tt.html
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/dmcob.html

1 month later
#1157 5 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

Hi, Looking for the Standup Target assemblies for Demo Man

Get the complete switches at:

http://www.pbresource.com/pfswiwms.html

Or, if you have a rivet set, get the faces and replace them yourself. This is what I did with my Demo Man, following Vid's guide. If you don't have a rivet tool, I recommend the Third Hand Rivet Tool:

http://www.arbortime.mountainminded.net/html/the_better_tonka_rivet_tool_-_.html

Replacing Stand-up Target Faces - Vid's Guide:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stand-up-target-faces-vids-guide

2 weeks later
#1176 5 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Overkill? The old ones didn’t look terrible. But I felt compelled to make it look new.[quoted image][quoted image]

Not overkill at all. I replaced all of my target faces, Matchbox cars, plastics, and the eyeball!

#1179 5 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Will this work as a floating eyeball replacement?
amazon.com link »

The stock eyeball is 1-1/16” in diameter. Most of these toys are larger and don’t fit, but the one you found may work. It’s cheap enough that you should give it a try!

3 weeks later
#1206 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Still looking for this plastic

Looks like I'm a little late to the party, but I have this plastic key fob if you still need it...

1 week later
#1236 5 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to installing it. It will be interesting to see how my colordmd works with it.

Your ColorDMD will show one of 49 colors in the base 'Sigma Mode'. You can change the color in the menu of the ColorDMD.

4 weeks later
#1303 5 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Wow, how do I do that?

Same - What's your procedure? That looks fantastic. It's amazing what beauty lies beneath the corrosion!

1 week later
#1339 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Is there a link to instructions on how to install these? Very cool looking.

I find the easiest thing to do is look through the image gallery to find the relevant posts.

2 weeks later
#1385 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Those kids look too mature!
You know what’s funny, I searched through this thread page by page and never found those. Must of been skimming through too fast by page 19.
Thank you once again gang for putting my helmet back on before sending me out.

I have an extra pair of the red LED angel eye elevated buttons that I didn't use. PM me if interested. I did them in blue and never got to put the red in before selling my DM. Yes, I miss it.

1 month later
#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

There's a Demo Man for sale near me. He's asking 1800 for a beat up machine that's not working. I've always enjoyed the game, so I might pick it up and try to fix it. Question- who makes the ice blue LED's)? They look nice. Are people choosing the frosted?

Yes, Comet makes the ice blue. I used them under the Freeze Lock inserts, color matched (pink for orange, warm white for yellow) under the rest of the inserts, and Sunlight for GI. I order everything frosted and simply remove the dome with pliers if I want clear.

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Here's the listing
reno.craigslist.org link

That's a $1200 machine, IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.95
$ 85.00
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 81.95
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only?tu=Gogojohnnyquack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.