(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2483 1 year ago

Demo Man Ramp Update.

I have completed all 6 molds needed to replace all the vacuum formed pieces on Demo Man. Today I successfully formed 5 of the 6 pieces, the only exception being the large right diverter ramp. I will need to form this one on my larger machine which is currently set up to run the Comet Center ramps. I hope to form the Comet ramps tomorrow and then form the last Demo Man ramp next.

Some of the ramps were quite challenging to make molds for due to the elevation changes and the Cryo-Claw was the most difficult.

Once I have all the pieces formed, I will hand finish all pieces to test fit in my friend's game.

I was given pretty decent original pieces to make my molds from, however I found that virtually all of the pieces were cracked and quite fragile. I will make all 6 pieces with plastic thicker than the originals and I do not anticipate any fitment problems.

Will post photos soon. Had someone request a transparent blue for the Cryo-Claw and will be dying some Space Station ramps in the next couple days, so I'll slip one in.

Thanks to all for your patience!....Mark

#2489 1 year ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

In need of the right side longer metal side wall ramp entrance protector for the upper flipper ramp A-17785. (circled in red)
Or may buy your used entire ramp set-up
[quoted image]

Those protectors are not hard to fabricate. They are generally made from 24 gauge stainless. While my donor for the ramps sent me fully populated ramps, he did not give me the entrance protectors. I'll be a little distracted for this week as the NW Pinball Show is this coming weekend.

I am hand finishing the Car tunnel, left ramp, the center ramp, the subway piece and the Cryo-Claw ramp today. I still need to form and finish the large right diverter ramp. Not sure if I will have time this week to test fit the ramps or if my friend will be available.

But, that said, when I do visit him for the test fittings, if he has the protector you (@GraniteStatePin) need, I will borrow it and make you one.

#2490 1 year ago

Question....

I am hand finishing the car tunnel piece today and discovered something. I was given two car tunnels to use for the molds and just discovered a difference in the two. See attached photo. One tunnel piece has 3 cut-outs in the top and one has four (Fourth circled in red). Not uncommon to see variances in ramps, but given the visibility of this piece, I do not want to cut and extra hole if not necessary.

IMG_1791 (resized).JPGIMG_1791 (resized).JPG
#2492 1 year ago

Thanks... I do not have the actual game here, but are any of the slots in the top of the car tunnel necessary? If not, would sure look cleaner without them.

#2494 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Only reason I can see would be to test the optos. There is one opto for each car front, and then a standup target at the end of the tunnel. You could sort of test without the slots in front of the cars from the sides.. Top one might be a little tricky from that angle. . [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks!...Knew there had to be a good reason!

#2496 1 year ago

Just a teaser....Hand finished 5 of the 6 pieces today. Just need to form the large right Diverter ramp which I will do tonight or tomorrow. Once I have all the pieces ready, I will go to a friends to test fit, but that likely won't be until early next week as everyone local is in Pinball Show mode!

IMG_1793 (resized).JPGIMG_1793 (resized).JPG
#2502 1 year ago

Formed and finished the last Demo Man ramp last night

IMG_1794 (resized).JPGIMG_1794 (resized).JPG
#2506 1 year ago

Demo Man Ramps update..

This week I will assemble the prototype pieces for Demo Man and arrange with my friend to test fit them. Not sure if I already mentioned it, but I will be making all 6 of the pieces out of my thicker .150" plastic. I did mention that I found most of the pieces in Demo Man to be quite fragile, so the .150" plastic will be a great improvement.

Something new I have not encountered before was on the Cryo-Claw piece. The rivet heads where the ball rolls were actually recessed into the piece. Given the thickness of the plastic, that recessing results in less than 1/16" of plastic under the rivet head. At least on the donor piece I have, that is where the cracks initiated...so, the .150" plastic will strengthen this issue.

I just spoke to the license holder for Bally/Williams and looks like I will be able to get the 4 decals for the 3 ramps. The Subway ramp has a metal protector where the ball drops and I will make and install those. Ramps will of course include entrance flaps, however, the exit brackets (exits to wire forms) are unique and not a simple thing to reproduce. While I will predrill for them, those brackets will need to be transferred from the original ramps to the new ramps.

#2512 1 year ago

Demo Man progress update...

Got to visit my friend today to test fit all my pieces in his game. The Center Ramp example I was initially given was quite damaged. Fortunately, he had another example of this ramp and I was able to identify a change I need to make to mine to make it perfect. I will modify this mold today and I suspect to begin production (Forming) of the ramps tomorrow.

I had also posted a question earlier concerning the slots cut into the top of the car tunnel that I thought the ramp would look cleaner without them. Pinsider @Kogi responded that his only thought was they were there to test the Optos for the tunnel. When I went to test fit today, before I could tell my friend about the discussion on the need for the slots, he asked if I could eliminate them. I explained I had posed this question and we could see that the optos can be tested outside of the ramp. He requested that his tunnel be made without the slots. So I will be considering selling this piece both ways.

I also learned today that the plastic set for Demo Man has been produced in the past (My friend has the full set). Dropped a hint to Planetary to see if he might do another run. Maybe...

Another Pinsider had asked if I could do the Cryo-Claw piece in transparent blue. I have actually dyed an unfinished piece blue and as soon as I get it done I will post a photo. My friend commented that the blue complemented the blue in the Cryo-Claw tunnel approach pieces.

All for now....Mark

#2513 1 year ago

One other thing I forgot to mention...

GraniteStatePin had posted a request for the right side entrance protector for the Demo Man Center ramp. Posted that if my friend had it I would make him one. I borrowed his second example of this ramp which has the protector mounted on it, so I will be able to make him one.

IMG_1799 (resized).JPGIMG_1799 (resized).JPG
#2514 1 year ago

Another update for Demo Man... Looks like plastic sets will be remade!

#2518 1 year ago

Cryo-Claw in clear and transparent blue

IMG_1800 (resized).JPGIMG_1800 (resized).JPG
#2522 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Interested in blue. How does it look in the game?

Honestly, I will not know how it looks in a game most likely until someone purchases it and installs it. What I do know is that the application of colored pieces in conjunction with incredible LED lighting affects generally makes them very attractive.

I have three friends here locally....Two are regularly here on Pinside. fanofpinball and @Dumbass. Both fanofpinball and my other friend have always been willing to loan to me anything I want regardless of how long I will have them waiting to reproduce...In some cases up to a year! I have yet to get anything from @Dumbass, but every time I see him he reiterates that what ever he has, I am welcome to. DumbAss is another individual that is truly in this for the good of the community.

The friend who loaned me multiple examples of the Demo Man pieces just has his machine sitting in his shop waiting to do a complete restoration but honestly will not be anytime soon. He was also the donor for the Comet pieces and has yet to install!...but he will.

fanofpinball was the donor for the Radical ramps. I got to see his machine at the NW Pinball show last week. It was in the Tournament lineup. Found out during the show that his machine was dropped on delivery to the show, basically doing a somersault, landing upside-down, resting on the backbox, destroying both the back glass, the playfield glass and damaging the lower cabinet side rails...YIKES! Locals quickly got together and located a back glass and new playfield glass so the game would be ready for the show...Fortunately no damage to my ramps!

I've said this before, but these guys and the Pinball Community in general are why I keep making ramps.

1 week later
#2538 1 year ago

Demolition Man UPDATE

I have successfully formed and rough cut out my first batch of complete ramp sets. 4 out of 6 of the pieces, due to their shape and elevations must be nearly completely hand finished. I was asked by a Pinsider if I could include the exit brackets which are riveted to the ends of all three ramps. Generally, I choose not to provide intricate pieces. These brackets are a bit of an intricate cut plus the bend. I reached out to Marco and they will source the part for me. At the moment, I have purchased 48 pieces (Enough for 16 sets of the ramps) and they are on the way to me. Marco had these in stock, but I was cautioned that, future requests may be higher in price. Planetary Pinball has reproduced the 4 ramp decals and those were shipped to me today as well.

Some of you know how to do riveting and some are yet to learn! Riveting is really pretty easy....it's kind of like soldering...80% the proper tool and 20% the needed skill. The exit brackets on your existing ramps can be transferred to the new ramps, or I will provide new brackets installed for $7 each ramp. JodyG aka rampomatic.com has just restocked his rivet kits with the rivet tool. Both Jody and I are more than willing to help you through the learning curve....seriously, it will take just minutes and you will be riveting like a pro.

Even with me offering the exit brackets installed, there is still other riveting involved with these pieces. While some things like flasher domes or associated light sockets can be attached with screws, the Cryo-Claw will need the two switch brackets riveted to the new piece.

That said, here are the prices...

Large Right Diverter ramp $170 (Includes entrance flap and decals...add $7 for exit bracket)
Center ramp $120 (Includes entrance flap and decal...add $7 for exit bracket)
Left Ramp $115 (Includes entrance flap and decal...add $7 for exit bracket)
Cryo-Claw clear $90
Cryo-Claw transparent blue $100
Subway $55 (Includes stainless steel ball drop protector)
Auto Tunnel $75 (Available with or without the slots cut in the top)

Shipping to be determined.

I am producing enough full sets for a little less than half of what I have on my "Interest" list.....not that you must order a full set, but this initial release will help me adjust future production to what is wanted. I will start down the "interest" list as soon as I have stuff finished and ready....probably about a week.

In the mean time, I would appreciate anyone clarifying what they will want.

This one has been a long time coming and appreciate the community which is always so patient with me. Usually we reproduce one, two or maybe three pieces for a particular game. Demo Man with 6 pieces is the most I have done for any one game.

Cheers!....Mark

#2547 1 year ago

Demo Man decals will arrive today. Exit brackets will arrive on Thursday. Will start shipping this coming weekend.

1 week later
#2583 1 year ago

UPDATE on Demo Man ramps, etc...

The first wave of Demo Man ramps are complete.....well, I'm still applying decals and the exit brackets which are optional. I will start tonight sending out pm's to the folks toward the top of my list. There are always a few anxious folks that I do ship to provided they are towards the top of the list. In total I have produced just over 100 total pieces so far. Everything I have shipped so far had been complete sets. The prices previously posted (#4777) are good although I have added a $30 discount for the full set. What I have produced is maybe half of what I need, but I want to get some of this stuff moving as well as see what people are ordering so I can adjust my production to match.

First, if you know you are on the list and do not wish to purchase, please, please let me know so I can whittle down the list. For this first round of shipping I will likely fill full set requests first, but those of you who only want certain pieces(s), please let me know that as well so I can maximize production to get what everyone wants as fast as I can.

You will see two versions of the Car Tunnel in the attached photos. One with the slots in the top and one without. So far everyone has selected the version with no slots as there seems to be no pressing reason for them and the look is much, much cleaner.

I'll be honest, I generally only follow the list for a while as it's very time consuming...time better spent making ramps! While I have been working diligently on the Demo Man pieces, my inventory of other ramps has dwindled, so in addition to getting these produced as efficiently as I can....with your help letting me know what you want, I can simply plan better. Once I get through the Demo Man release, I expect I will be taking at least a month off for Cryogenic therapy...kidding...but seriously will be taking some time off to enjoy the summer which has finally arrived in Seattle.

Attached are photos of the new ramps. I also couldn't resist posting a photo of one of the ramps (Center) for a before and after!

All 6 pieces were formed with thicker plastic and I am very pleased with how all of them came out...including the left ramp which I decided to toss 20 pieces in the trash and reform them plug assisted to strengthen it.

The brackets for the three playfield ramps are optional at $7 each...for now. I have been told that the price is likely to go up on those. For those ordering the full set or perhaps just the Cryo-Claw piece, the Cryo-Claw piece will require riveting of the two associated switch plates. I encourage anyone to seek out JodyG here on Pinside aka rampomatic.com for riveting kits which he has back in stock. In addition to needing the ability to rivet the Cryo-Claw, you can save $21 on the exit brackets if you use your existing 3 brackets. Both Jody and I are more than willing to help anyone learn how to rivet....honestly, it's easy if you have the right rivets and the right tool.

You do not have to wait for me to pm you if you know what you want...just shoot me a pm.

As I finished the last first wave piece (Subway) today, I did have to kick back for a double rum and coke!

WHEW!

Mark

IMG_1808 (resized).JPGIMG_1808 (resized).JPGIMG_1809 (resized).JPGIMG_1809 (resized).JPGIMG_1811 (resized).JPGIMG_1811 (resized).JPGIMG_1813 (resized).JPGIMG_1813 (resized).JPGIMG_1814 (resized).JPGIMG_1814 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 81.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 72.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only?tu=Freeplay40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.