(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 11 years ago

I've owned it for just over a year now. The game just continues to be fun. I added the home roms about a month or two ago and really like them. It just added a new twist to it. The outlanes are now open all the way with no lower rubber, just to make it a bit tougher.

I had thought about moving it out when WOZ comes in, but I'll probably find another spot in the house to put DM so I can keep playing it. Just a solid fun game.

1 year later
#346 9 years ago

Oh boy! After almost 3 years I'm finally ripping this thing apart. It's needed a good cleaning for a while now. What a jigsaw puzzle!

image-168.jpgimage-168.jpg

It is way dirtier than I expected. I know it's my most played game, but damn:

image-158.jpgimage-158.jpg

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Oh boy! After almost 3 years I'm finally ripping this thing apart. It's needed a good cleaning for a while now. What a jigsaw puzzle!

It is way dirtier than I expected. I know it's my most played game, but damn:

image-168.jpg 283 KB

image-158.jpg 224 KB

image-281.jpgimage-281.jpg

image-538.jpgimage-538.jpg

It took longer than I expected. I also called in a friend to fix a couple of the hairier issues. Of course the scoop was broken, so I had that (and a spare scoop) TIG welded. A smattering of NOS parts, plastics, a wireform, and I finally have the correct supports under the claw.

So now it is the whole "Play, tweak, play, tweak" thing. It is a lot faster, and what was my most played game is just looking at even more play now.

5 years later
#1768 3 years ago

After 8 years, I’m out. Demo Man was my most played game for quite a few years. I just loved the flow of the game. But like every pinball machine I’ve ever owned, eventually I played so many games on it that it no longer excited me. That took about 6 years of hard play. So the last couple years, it got less and less play. And the last year was just when other people were at my house. So it was time to go. No regrets. I really loved that darn game.

I don’t think I’ll miss it, because I’ve played it so many thousands of times. But if I see one at someone’s house, I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.

1 month later
#1786 3 years ago

Nice line of games ya got there.

#1796 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Customized Sound ROM?
I'm wondering how challenging it is to make a custom sound ROM for Demo Man.
With all due respect, hearing Stallone's roar/yell to mark every jackpot is annoying.
My instinct is to reach for Pinball Browser, but I realize that software won't work on a game of this vintage.
What are my options? Do I have to pay someone to make me a custom sound ROM? If so, whom?
Thanks.

https://www.pinsound.org/pinballs/wpc-dcs/demolition-man/

Yes, you need to buy a Pinsound board. Then you are just changing WAV files on the sd card.

Otherwise, well someone made the HOME version of the ROMs with swears. However, I would think getting a custom one done would be much more expensive than a Pinsound board.

(no, not associated with them, but I own a couple of them)

#1800 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I can use Pinball Browser to make a new/modified SD card for the board, yes?

There is no need for Pinball Browser in this case. Pinball Browser is for editing the bin files (I ignore that it handles spike now because I hated editing spike games).

For the PinSound board, you can just load the SD card from the download. That will have a bunch of directories, and each will have the WAV files directly in it. You can just remove the WAV that is there, and drop in a different one. So in your case, you would find the offending scream, and then just replace it with sound from Sandra Bullock saying "You really licked his ass" or something else

It will make more sense if you download the current gamesound for the board. You will see the structure, and it is pretty straightforward.

#1802 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Help please! I love my demo man (by far my favorite game) but I'm having ground short issues suddenly. I wrote a tech post about it but not sure how to directly link it here.

This is the link to your tech question.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-ground-short

#1804 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Thank you DaveH is it just copy and paste web link? Didn't know if there was a built in forum topic link function on pinside forums.

Yup, just copy and paste. Marketplace ads can be embedded.

3 months later
#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

My DM has 50026 Home-6 rom. I can't turn off free play. Is there some other setting besides A3 17 (which is set to no) or is this the ROM. If it's the ROM which ROM version should I get for quarter play

The Home ROM can only be set to freeplay. There is no setting that can change that. The standard version (L-4) would switch it to normal. However, you will lose the swearing which is only in H6.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 81.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 72.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only?tu=DaveH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.