(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beechwood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

Ok so according to the manual, the elevator stopping past the index opto is normal behavior.
I discovered this morning that the claw does work. For some reason, I was always using the trigger upper buttons at the beginning of the claw sequence (which stops the sequence on my DM, see second part of this message). It turns out that when using the cabinet buttons or “lower” trigger buttons, the claw moves freely. No issues there, that’s a relief.
Unfortunately, the whole thing is acting up when it comes to dropping the ball: it only works when I drop the ball above the right hole (Chase Simon). If I position the claw above another hole, using the handle buttons to release the ball results in the sequence “freezing” with the ball stuck on the magnet. I need to investigate the behavior more as I could only test for a few minutes this morning, but if any of you have an idea what the issue could be...
Could you confirm that the right handle button (circled one) should register as “Ball Launch” in switch test? It seems to match with what’s in the manual but I prefer to double check.
Also, the left flipper opto PCB is missing, replaced with a leaf switch by the previous owner. Everything registers fine in test mode (flipper switch and EOS), but maybe it could be linked with the weird claw behavior.

Sometimes mine won't drop the ball with the top button on the handle, but if I hold that top button and flip the lower button on the trigger at the same time, it falls. Not all the time this happens, kinda weird.

#1664 4 years ago

I just put her in switch test and the right top handle button shows up as ball launch.

#1666 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

Thanks Beechwood! I will try the hold technique later today.
What’s the procedure to drop the ball from the magnet? Using both top buttons? Or just use any of them?</blockquote

If working properly, it should be either top button. And if you get it to hover over the lane you want the ball to go into, it should drop automatically when the timer runs out.

1 week later
#1683 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Nubie:

New to the forum and owner of DM for about 5 years. It's been good for the most part other than a new opto board for the croyo claw. Now the underground, the top sink hole and the retinal scan all stopped working at the same time. THey get stuck in their respective spots. When the ball search is initiated all the balls will eject so I believe the solenoids are all working. Anyone know if these features are linked in any way? I did notice a couple of wires hanging loose under the playing field but can't exactly see where they would have been attached as they have a very short length (2-3 inches). I've attached some photos of the area for reference. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty sure they are supposed to be soldered to the lug on the coil (on your last pic, it is the glob of solder that has no wires on it, just below the one that does have a wire attached). Check schematics and make sure those are the right colors to go to it, re-solder, done.

#1685 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Nubie:

Thanks! That's what I was thinking but wanted some additional feedback. I'll look at the schematics as well to verify. I have an old style soldering iron. Is there one I should look to get that won't cost me an arm and a leg?
Cheers.

Make sure you check the schematics first to get the wires in the right spot.

As long as your soldering iron gets hot enough, it will work. Soldering that back on should be very easy.

I bought a kit with soldering iron on amazon for $30 bucks, and it came with a DMM too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q2B4ZY9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

2 weeks later
#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Well still having the damn reset issues during multi ball. I ordered the plug in reset thing from Marco. Pretty sure it's the same thing as the Kahr. Even if this works I think I'm still gonna order in some new boards down the road.

It sounds like you may have a short somewhere. One short can make some strange shit happen. I especially think this may be as you just removed and reinstalled everything. It may be a needle in the haystack, but start with the diagnostic codes it is throwing and search everywhere for a wire, loose bulb or metal part that may make intermittent contact with a power source/switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 85.00
$ 72.95
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beechwood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only?tu=Beechwood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.