(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Steveboos
  • Topic is favorited by 156 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
022455A9-C713-482A-9C89-103AC9DD30C9 (resized).jpeg
B3E31273-9F7A-4318-8A74-EFC5D5ED0D92 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2590 (resized).jpeg
56792a12-d9e6-4eb5-8120-90cf43539721 (resized).jpeg
17092502734479174720410168802459 (resized).jpg
p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg

There are 3,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 62.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from Jwjsr:

I assume you went http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/
I searched around a couple of weeks ago and think someone on here directed me or had posted some others but i can't remember where

He does great work on finding and supporting all the original cards, but I want graphic flashy ones.

#252 10 years ago

This stainless steel plastic replacement looks cool. Has anyone installed one?

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/stainless-steel-power-freeze-plastic-for-demolition-man-p-5105.html?language=english

dm-ss.jpgdm-ss.jpg

Is an alternate for this plastic

DM-pl.jpgDM-pl.jpg

#253 10 years ago

woulda been interested but sold out.

#254 10 years ago

what u all got for backbox GI ? thks

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

what u all got for backbox GI ? thks

I have cointaker superbrights in the back box. It's a mix of blue and cool white. They do flicker quite a bit in attract mode.

#256 10 years ago

Does anyone else have trouble hitting the right ramp consistently? It doesn't seem like it would be a hard shot, but sometimes I just can't make it.

#257 10 years ago

Btw. Here's mine full of cointakers.image-963.jpgimage-963.jpg

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

I have cointaker superbrights in the back box. It's a mix of blue and cool white. They do flicker quite a bit in attract mode.

All leds will flicker in attract mode as WPC machines use GI Dimming. Unless you have a GI OCD installed, only way to stop is is turn off GI Dimming in your adjusts. Or run John's FreWPC based game rom, which does not use GI Dimming.

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

All leds will flicker in attract mode as WPC machines use GI Dimming. Unless you have a GI OCD installed, only way to stop is is turn off GI Dimming in your adjusts. Or run John's FreWPC based game rom, which does not use GI Dimming.

What is attract mode?

#260 10 years ago

The machine basically goes into power saver mode and drops the voltage to all GI, some folks refer to it as attract mode, but DM really does not have an attract mode per se like F-14 Tomcat or Terminator does.

#261 10 years ago

are there any toppers out there for DM ? havent seen a one.

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

The machine basically goes into power saver mode and drops the voltage to all GI, some folks refer to it as attract mode, but DM really does not have an attract mode per se like F-14 Tomcat or Terminator does.

I get it now, "attract" players

#263 10 years ago

Hello members,

got an Demolition Man this week with bad cabinet decals. Anyone have the grafics for printout the cabinet decals and the backbox decals ?

Mike

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

Hello members,
got an Demolition Man this week with bad cabinet decals. Anyone have the grafics for printout the cabinet decals and the backbox decals ?
Mike

Yep I need cabinet decals badly too, pm me with any leads, cheers.

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from Bbismuth:

Does anyone else have trouble hitting the right ramp consistently? It doesn't seem like it would be a hard shot, but sometimes I just can't make it.

i do have trouble hitting that ramp. not sure what it is with that. ive hit it very few times.

#266 10 years ago

Hello, someone knows where I can buy insert decals for my Demolition Man?

3 weeks later
#267 9 years ago

Just joined the club this past Saturday. Haven't done anything to it yet but plug and play. Liking it so far. I haven't read through the whole thread, but are there any mods or toppers I should know about? Thanks!

13873278125_2827c24f80_o.jpg13873278125_2827c24f80_o.jpg 13873669184_bf327033ac_o.jpg13873669184_bf327033ac_o.jpg
#268 9 years ago

I'm back in the club. I just repurchased a machine I restored and sold in 2006. It basically just sat for the last six years. I've been on the hunt for one ever since and am psyched to get back my old machine. Check out the alternating blue and red lights on the cryo claw that make it easier to see and pick your mode and the yellow and red lights behind the ACMAG ramp that simulate flame. My upper flipper plastic was broken as usual so I fabricated a patch out of a lower slingshot plastic that featured the cool red Olds 442.
P1010002.JPGP1010002.JPGP1010004.JPGP1010004.JPGP1010008.JPGP1010008.JPG

#269 9 years ago

This is the second pic I have seen of that car configuration. ie...the cop car at the bottom, and the red Olds at the top.
However, I have always been led to believe the original configuration is the Olds at the bottom, being driven up to hit the cop car at the top.
Can anyone confirm?

Chaos

#270 9 years ago

Cop car should be on top and 442 on the bottom. In the movie Spartan and Huxley chase Simon Phoenix in the 442 while he's in the cop car.

#271 9 years ago

If anyone is looking for backbox decals, alternate translights, plastics, spacies on here has just designed his own and look fantastic. Maybe PM him to see what you can do.

Alternatively you can go onto the pinball New Zealand page on facebook, like the page and ask on the newsfeed. They will be able to help

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

If anyone is looking for backbox decals, alternate translights, plastics, spacies on here has just designed his own and look fantastic. Maybe PM him to see what you can do.
Alternatively you can go onto the pinball New Zealand page on facebook, like the page and ask on the newsfeed. They will be able to help

I'd love to see some alternate translights. I don't hate the original, but it coulda been so much better.

#273 9 years ago

Got the chromed handles from Mike Chestnut yesterday. Look fantastic!

IMG_5954.JPGIMG_5954.JPG

#274 9 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have had my DM for a few months now, absolutely love it (first machine!) Put in some coin taker LED's, and I added a few of the official Demolition Man Matchbox cars around some of the ramps. (I can post some pics if anyone is interested, I just used a simple velcro that peels off easily)

I saw the 3 seashells, which look awesome, but I have no idea where I can find something similar. Any ideas on a source for those?

Any other good mods? I read something about a color changing LED in the eye out hole, and adding some LED's to the back inside the plastic?

#275 9 years ago

Yep another with nice shiny handles.

2014-03-28 17.11.56.jpg2014-03-28 17.11.56.jpg 2014-04-09 17.35.30.jpg2014-04-09 17.35.30.jpg 2014-04-10 15.08.14.jpg2014-04-10 15.08.14.jpg 2014-03-28 17.09.37.jpg2014-03-28 17.09.37.jpg
#276 9 years ago

Hey can someone tell me the part number for the left hand ramp guard, on the left hand ramp, in this picture. I'm missing one.

http://img-f.pinside.com/201404/1592468/219624-i.jpg

Cheers.

1 week later
#277 9 years ago

Hi Guys,

Loving the Demo Man, question about hitting the ball up the right ramp to the claw. Sometimes the ball does not make it to the elevator - looks like it bounces off the back left wall and gets stuck just to the right of the elevator. Then the game goes into search mode and the elevator goes up and once back down and the ball then falls into place. Any mod's you guys have used to fix this issue. Thanks! Matt

2 weeks later
#278 9 years ago

I'm in! Wanted it for a long time. Paid too much for it. Happy.

#279 9 years ago

Finally got mine completed and done and did a bunch of photos of the progress. Really love it. What's a good score? I racked up 2 billion but I can't imagine that's all that great. Factory settings...

From this:
IMG_5879.JPGIMG_5879.JPG
DSCN1987.JPGDSCN1987.JPG
DSCN2024.JPGDSCN2024.JPG
DSCN2027.JPGDSCN2027.JPG

To this:
IMG_6398.JPGIMG_6398.JPG
IMG_6372.JPGIMG_6372.JPG
IMG_6399.JPGIMG_6399.JPG

#280 9 years ago

Awesome job dmacy!

Those chromed handles look amazing. I've got some stuff I want to have done. DM handles, DH gun, STTNG gun... Maybe a few other things. How do I get a hold of Mike?

#281 9 years ago

I have joined the club as of a few hours ago super excited great game

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Awesome job dmacy!
Those chromed handles look amazing. I've got some stuff I want to have done. DM handles, DH gun, STTNG gun... Maybe a few other things. How do I get a hold of Mike?

Thanks Rascal! Mike's email: [email protected]

#283 9 years ago

Few videos with the profanity ROM's in no particular order:

#284 9 years ago

I like the look of lighting up the crane in the back, but wanted to avoid seeing the lights. I had some LED strips and thought I'd give them a try. I wired them together, stuck them to the top of the inside of the crane pieces and then connected them to the 12v at the front of the cabinet. I think it looks pretty sharp.

IMG_4369.JPGIMG_4369.JPGIMG_4368.JPGIMG_4368.JPG

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

I like the look of lighting up the crane in the back, but wanted to avoid seeing the lights. I had some LED strips and thought I'd give them a try. I wired them together, stuck them to the top of the inside of the crane pieces and then connected them to the 12v at the front of the cabinet. I think it looks pretty sharp.

IMG_4369.JPG 224 KB

IMG_4368.JPG 261 KB

That looks great and the look I'm going for. May have to get some strips!

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

May have to get some strips!

After taking those pictures, the adhesive on the strips softened from the heat of the LEDs and the strip fell to the bottom of the crane. I'm going to have to find a better way to attach the strips. Let me know if you come up with any ideas.

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

After taking those pictures, the adhesive on the strips softened from the heat of the LEDs and the strip fell to the bottom of the crane. I'm going to have to find a better way to attach the strips. Let me know if you come up with any ideas.

That always happens it seems. Most LED strip kits come with little metal brackets that the strips click in to. Look for those little brackets or find some that will work. You can also use fence staples, cable staples or any other wiring staple sold in the electrical department. Just change the extra long nails out for 3/8" long #4 wood screws.

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

You can also use fence staples

The strips are inside the plastic crane piece. I can't use staple or brackets without putting holes in the plastic. I may try to rig something up that holds the lights in place on the board and then put the plastic over them. Thanks for the suggestion.

#289 9 years ago

Was trying to hit 4 bill haha, the game just kept flowing, set up on hard with claw disabled. Totally ruined the spaghetti I was making. Had 13 access claws, 2 demo times, bunch of supers in cryo prison (think one was 500 million). Couldn't believe it as it was happening. Its definitely becoming one of my favorites solely on how well it can flow at times.
unnamed-1.jpgunnamed-1.jpg

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from Philk:

Was trying to hit 4 bill haha, the game just kept flowing, set up on hard with claw disabled. Totally ruined the spaghetti I was making. Had 13 access claws, 2 demo times, bunch of supers in cryo prison (think one was 500 million). Couldn't believe it as it was happening. Its definitely becoming one of my favorites solely on how well it can flow at times.

unnamed-1.jpg 43 KB

"Nice; Very nice!" Wow! I guess I need some more time in on mine. That's fantastic! I have the Demo Time ROM but haven't tried it yet as I wanted to play the machine with its original ROM's and looks like I have a long way to go for a nice score!

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

I need to come up with something. Still have the same frosted blue's in it for now. I did notice that the incandescent flashers in there are barely noticeable so may need to get some LED's in there too. The adding of the GI lights in there really wash out the flasher effects now in those.

#292 9 years ago

I just added some color changing LED's to the four multi ball inserts. Multi ball, multicolor, made sense to me. I think they look pretty good, a lot better than four white inserts with no color at all.

#293 9 years ago

I recently picked up a DM with some bad water damage on the head box door. I painted some 1/2 inch MDF and made a new one. I thought I'd share some photos of the project.

IMG_4451-783.JPGIMG_4451-783.JPGIMG_4455-523.JPGIMG_4455-523.JPGIMG_4459-467.JPGIMG_4459-467.JPGIMG_4460-682.JPGIMG_4460-682.JPGIMG_4462-968.JPGIMG_4462-968.JPG
I also scanned and recreated the CAUTION label.
IMG_4465-59.JPGIMG_4465-59.JPG

#294 9 years ago

Nice!

Nice.jpgNice.jpg

#295 9 years ago

Ok I'm in!

Just picked mine up a few days ago, so I will post pics soon as it is a unique one with powder, Pinballbulbs and custom translight!

Unfortunately however, the claw stopped working in the move, and I need to know what would cause this.
Test mode in auto, left/right won't move it ,but it moves left and right on start up.
Gate acts like the claw should move as it lets the ball to the elevator,but the claw wont react, and am not getting the count down either. Did check back panel and connections appear ok. Want to know what other tests would help narrow it down. Any suggestions would be great.

#296 9 years ago

Yeah buddy! I am driving to Portland to pick up my DM on Friday! Snagged it for a great price too and it only has one issue.
It is currently playing blind (DMD is not working). Any chance any of you who have had some time with this title can give me a quick checklist of things to try to get the DMD back working again. I am slowly getting better at the tech side of pinball but I can use all of the help I can get.
Cheers, thank you and I am happy to be joining the club!

#297 9 years ago

Damn, good job on the door!

#298 9 years ago

Just picked up a project machine, nice playfield and stuff, just a lot of grime and switch errors. First thing I'm working on is unsticking the thumb triggers, any hints? They're stuck down..or where I might pick some new ones up? .

#299 9 years ago

I think Bay Area Amusements has them in stock again. Of course, that happened after I found some for way over their price. D'oh

#300 9 years ago

Not the triggers, the top buttons...but I'll look again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Wheaton-glenmont, MD
There are 3,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.