(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,089 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Steveboos
  • Topic is favorited by 156 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
022455A9-C713-482A-9C89-103AC9DD30C9 (resized).jpeg
B3E31273-9F7A-4318-8A74-EFC5D5ED0D92 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2590 (resized).jpeg
56792a12-d9e6-4eb5-8120-90cf43539721 (resized).jpeg
17092502734479174720410168802459 (resized).jpg
p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg
dm3 (resized).jpg
dm2 (resized).jpg

There are 3,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 62.
#2801 11 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

This should help
[quoted image]

Thank you so much! That's kinda where I thought it went, just seemed weird.

#2802 11 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Does anyone else have a Pinsound in their DM?
I've been working on a custom audio pack that is shaping up very well. I've been meticuously extracting original audio from the movie/soundtrack (stereo) and replacing the original mono files. I'm customizing a lot of things, new callouts, sfx, got over 20 hours into it at this point. Anyone want to give it a run? It is not quite finished but I am almost at the point where I could use some feedback/testers.
FYA: It is adult mode only, even if you turn swears off in the settings.

I am probably going to create a new thread once I finish all edits but until then I am comfortable releasing this test version and would appreciate some feedback. If you have a PinSound in your DM, try this

Laithan's Demolition Man PinSound Audio Pack Test v1
-------------------------------------------------------------
Upgrade your Demolition Man audio experience to the next level.
Take full advantage of your PinSound stereo and high fidelity capabilities.
A great way to breath some fresh life into Demolition Man.

Note: <<Adult Mode only>> Vulgar language will play even if the game setting is turned off.
Vulgar language must be enabled in game adjustments for the full audio pack experience.

Audio Pack Contents
-------------------
* Complete pack compatible only with PinSound Audio boards (2.1 stereo not required but recommended).
* Project dedication. Countless hours of sourcing, editing, mixing and testing.
* Movie appropriate content. ALL audio sourced from the movie/soundtrack (1 small surprise exception).
* New functionality added.

Audio Pack Features
-------------------
* Improved HD audio and game immersion.
Modified 2-channel stereo, high bitrate music, almost all game music has been upgraded.
Modified 2-channel stereo, high bitrate sfx/voice callouts.
* New feature, added voice to some sound effects.
* New feature, randomized start sequence and ending sequences.
* New feature, randomized callouts for ball drains and other events.
* 19 unique ball drain callouts.
* Some unused/never heard callouts restored/added.
* New Easter Eggs, you might even hear from Denis Leary.

INSTRUCTIONS:
(1) Start with a blank USB drive with at least 1GB capacity. Format it to FAT32. It should be blank.

(2) Download the custom Audio pack. Extract the audio pack to the root of your USB drive.
The path should be: <your_usb_drive>:\audio\Demolition_Man_Test_v1

Download here (no registration needed): https://ufile.io/c2pn4a88

(3) Insert the drive into your PinSound board and turn on the game.

[[NOTE:]] The first time you load this it will scan the files and it takes a LONG time to cache all the files, much longer than with the stock audio pack. It is normal to wait 10-15m for it to finish.

KNOWN ISSUES:
* If you have a really small end of ball bonus, some of the ball drain callouts may not have enough time to complete playback because the bonus sequence ended too fast.
* Not all audio is properly balanced (not tested with headphones yet).
* End game callouts need work (occurs @ match sequence).
* Not all sfx/audio/callouts have been implemented. I am working on adding several more.
* Shaker motor support not yet implemented.

File size comparison, original:220MB / This audio pack:416MB as of 4/11/23

#2803 11 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I am probably going to create a new thread once I finish all edits but until then I am comfortable releasing this test version and would appreciate some feedback. If you have a PinSound in your DM, try this
Note: <<Adult Mode only>> Vulgar language will play even if the game setting is turned off.
Vulgar language must be enabled in game adjustments for the full audio pack experience.
Audio Pack Contents
-------------------
* Complete pack compatible only with PinSound Audio boards (2.1 stereo not required but recommended).
* Movie appropriate content. ALL audio sourced from the movie/soundtrack (1 small surprise exception).
Audio Pack Features
-------------------
Modified 2-channel stereo, high bitrate music, almost all game music has been upgraded.
INSTRUCTIONS:
(1) Start with a blank USB drive with at least 1GB capacity. Format it to FAT32. It should be blank.
(2) Download the custom Audio pack. Extract the audio pack to the root of your USB drive.
[[NOTE:]] The first time you load this it will scan the files and it takes a LONG time to cache all the files, much longer than with the stock audio pack. It is normal to wait 10-15m for it to finish.
KNOWN ISSUES:
* If you have a really small end of ball bonus, some of the ball drain callouts may not have enough time to complete playback because the bonus sequence ended too fast.
* Not all sfx/audio/callouts have been implemented. I am working on adding several more.

I don't suppose this would work in a TiltAudio board?

#2804 11 months ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

I don't suppose this would work in a TiltAudio board?

The folder structure would most certainly be different but if that board can play .WAV files (or covert the .WAV to something else) then you can try manually placing the files in the correct locations.

#2805 11 months ago

Hey guys, joined the club a month or so ago, this was a major wishlist pin for me and I’m super happy to have it. I have a near-flawless example that was the result of a combining of two machines.
Looking at the pics in this thread, I noticed those beautiful glowing blue bridges in the back, and I had never even noticed them. As it turns out, mine aren’t lit! I looked back there and discovered the common wire going to them is red-white, so I searched for that one in the back box, and lo and behold, it’s cut!
Problem is, I can’t find it ANYWHERE in the manual. The only red/white I can find is the big one for the high voltage circuit. Could someone take a look at yours and let me know where this wire is supposed to connect? Thanks!

25E4A486-6AE7-46AF-9BF7-3A62EEC79A1D (resized).jpeg25E4A486-6AE7-46AF-9BF7-3A62EEC79A1D (resized).jpeg570AAD47-F6A6-4DD6-B6B9-A73D654E5AC5 (resized).jpeg570AAD47-F6A6-4DD6-B6B9-A73D654E5AC5 (resized).jpegF1BD1BE1-7C9E-4E20-B54C-2544977952A9 (resized).jpegF1BD1BE1-7C9E-4E20-B54C-2544977952A9 (resized).jpeg
#2806 11 months ago

I don't think they are permanently lit from the factory, its a mod, at least mine is. Those bulb holders are flashers.

#2807 11 months ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I don't think they are permanently lit from the factory, its a mod, at least mine is. Those bulb holders are flashers.

Ok, so I can tie into a GI circuit and put an LED strip back there, but I would still like to wire the flashers in where they were supposed to be… anyone know where that cut wire is supposed to lead?

#2808 11 months ago
Quoted from sidetrackedbrew:

Ok, so I can tie into a GI circuit and put an LED strip back there, but I would still like to wire the flashers in where they were supposed to be… anyone know where that cut wire is supposed to lead?

That might be J107-6, which is the supply side for the flashers but if it's missing you wouldn't have any of them working.

#2809 11 months ago

https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-pinball/D/Demolition_Man_OPS.pdf

Those flashers are "Elevator flashers 1 and 2". Mik-ReadingUK is correct, those connect to J107-6. You can always do a flasher test just and watch for the number that displays when nothing is lit.

flashers (resized).pngflashers (resized).pngj107 (resized).pngj107 (resized).png
#2810 11 months ago

That wire is a long way from home.. I wonder what happened there.. is there still a red/white coming out of the connector? It could have a short, might be why someone pulled it. Hopefully just an accidental cut.

#2811 11 months ago

Ebay has a nice plug and play kit ti light up those boxes. Zero cutting. Comes with a plug that connects directly to the board.
Look up Gantry light mod.

#2812 11 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Ebay has a nice plug and play kit ti light up those boxes. Zero cutting. Comes with a plug that connects directly to the board.
Look up Gantry light mod.

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered one.

#2813 11 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Audio Pack Contents
-------------------
Audio Pack Features
-------------------
INSTRUCTIONS:
KNOWN ISSUES:

I appreciate all the work you’ve done on this as I have also spent over 100 hours redoing a few games myself, so I know how tedious it is and how much effort it requires to get it playable for release. I’m also working on a DM pack myself, although I’m not using any of the movies music.

The one gripe I have with the original score is the timing. For whatever reason… especially in the main theme and “ball shooter lane” theme, it’s BPM is wayy off… I tried to clean it up myself in Logic… but it’s so choppy.. you can’t fix it to sound how it should the way it was originally released to us by the creator.

Nice to see some of these less expensive / less popular titles get some better music and sounds.

I did JM, TS, BSD, and am working on Congo, and DM now.

You should make a video doing a play through showcasing the sounds and music you have added.. Would be great for advertising on Pinsounds website where you can have it for download.

Here are a few of mine:

#2814 11 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I appreciate all the work you’ve done on this as I have also spent over 100 hours redoing a few games myself, so I know how tedious it is and how much effort it requires to get it playable for release. I’m also working on a DM pack myself, although I’m not using any of the movies music.
The one gripe I have with the original score is the timing. For whatever reason… especially in the main theme and “ball shooter lane” theme, it’s BPM is wayy off… I tried to clean it up myself in Logic… but it’s so choppy.. you can’t fix it to sound how it should the way it was originally released to us by the creator.
Nice to see some of these less expensive / less popular titles get some better music and sounds.
I did JM, TS, BSD, and am working on Congo, and DM now.
You should make a video doing a play through showcasing the sounds and music you have added.. Would be great for advertising on Pinsounds website where you can have it for download.
Here are a few of mine:

I appreciate you <fistbump>. I look forward to trying your audio pack. It is definitely tedious but it is also rewarding when you play the game and "nail" something that truly improves upon the game experience. Pinball is mostly visual but there is definitely an audio aspect (and even a physical "feel" sense with bass vibration and/or shaker motors) and although the playfield doesn't change with new audio, the gameplay experience certainly does. You can toy around with sound mehcanics and emphasize certain events. Adding high fidelity sound and true 2.1 stereo makes a remarkable difference compared to the original mono muffled sound (if you also have the upgraded speakers to hear the difference).

I watched all of those videos you posted, that is just awesome. Great work there. It sounds very clean! Good idea about making a video, I might just do that. I think you have to own the game to be able to truly appreciate the suddel differences, audio queues, new callouts, new music etc. but a video to the right person will help a lot. There are some ways to change the tempo without changing the pitch but I know exactly what you mean, there's only so much you can do before it starts to get weird.

DM is my first true pin and I've really put a lot of love into it recently (working on a custom topper too). This pin is unique in so many ways and although popularity has increased it is still a little bit under-rated. I think this is one that will just always stay in my collection so to me, it is worth investing time into making it the best it can be. I am just discovering the power of PinSound and although I'm late to the party I am diving in for a "full send" this time. I just spent another few hours yesterday and going back at it today. I am excited to share this with other DM owners!

#2815 11 months ago

My recent upgrade to my upgrade It is like having a rumble pack installed. These fit no problem (even with speaker light mod), no modifications needed. They are 4 Ohm speakers and pair nicely with a PinSound. You can see the difference to the Pro Pinball speakers.

PDC03233 (resized).JPGPDC03233 (resized).JPGPDC03240 (resized).JPGPDC03240 (resized).JPGPDC03247 (resized).JPGPDC03247 (resized).JPGPDC03254 (resized).JPGPDC03254 (resized).JPGPDC03261 (resized).JPGPDC03261 (resized).JPGPDC03262 (resized).JPGPDC03262 (resized).JPGPDC03266 (resized).JPGPDC03266 (resized).JPGPDC03273 (resized).JPGPDC03273 (resized).JPG
#2816 11 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

My recent upgrade to my upgrade It is like having a rumble pack installed. These fit no problem (even with speaker light mod), no modifications needed. They are 4 Ohm speakers and pair nicely with a PinSound. You can see the difference to the Pro Pinball speakers.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great man!

I’ve been really impressed with Pinsounds 2.1 speakers and sub honestly.. imo.. it blows flipper fidelity out of the river.

If you can buy a riser or shim to raise your sub off the floor of the cabinet a little bit and allow your cone to have the proper excursion.. I would imagine it would sound rediculously good and boomy.

Thank you also for the kind words! Us Pinsounders gotta stick together lol.

#2817 11 months ago

Anyone else have Air Balls off this Ramp? I Just added a piece to prevent. Wish me luck.

02CF3139-A5BD-4C0D-A658-A3B568487BE0 (resized).jpeg02CF3139-A5BD-4C0D-A658-A3B568487BE0 (resized).jpeg40B1A74C-4582-4979-A4A3-4284439F089D (resized).jpeg40B1A74C-4582-4979-A4A3-4284439F089D (resized).jpeg
#2818 11 months ago

Could it have the wrong coil? Too much power? I have had some wild balls from the main flippers but never from the upper flipper.

#2819 11 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Could it have the wrong coil? Too much power? I have had some wild balls from the main flippers but never from the upper flipper.

Mine is an 1129 and it's too powerful, not airball powerful but should be an 1130 like the other 2.

#2820 11 months ago

FYI : Here you can compare the quality of Pinballcenter plastics to the original.
I choose to keep the battered originals except where missing.
If anyone has a genuine set for sale I'm interested.

20230417_175305 (resized).jpg20230417_175305 (resized).jpg20230417_183011 (resized).jpg20230417_183011 (resized).jpg20230417_183856 (resized).jpg20230417_183856 (resized).jpg
#2821 11 months ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

FYI : Here you can compare the quality of Pinballcenter plastics to the original.
I choose to keep the battered originals except where missing.
If anyone has a genuine set for sale I'm interested.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The colors are off (very dull vs vibrant), the font used is not the same (and blurry).. I would personally not give them a pass either so don't blame you for not wanting to use them. What a bummer. Best of luck to you.

#2822 11 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Audio Pack Contents
-------------------
Audio Pack Features
-------------------
INSTRUCTIONS:
KNOWN ISSUES:

Hey all, the release candidate 1 is now live!
I went "full send" and ended up doing a total 100% re-master.

I created a new thread for it, check it out (see the new thread for more details).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laithan-s-demolition-man-pinsound-audio-pack-ltadult-onlygt#post-7541720

Here is the updated info:

Audio Pack Contents
   -----------------------
* Complete audio pack compatible only with PinSound Audio boards (2.1 stereo not required but recommended)
* Project dedication. Countless hours of sourcing, editing, mixing and testing
* Movie appropriate content. ALL audio sourced from the movie/soundtrack (1 small surprise exception)
* New functionality added

Audio Pack Features
   ----------------------
* 100% Re-master (no legacy audio files remain)
     ALL music replaced/upgraded
     ALL sound effects replaced/upgraded
     ALL jingles replaced/upgraded
     ALL voice callouts replaced/upgraded
* Improved HD audio and game immersion
     Updated 2-channel stereo music/jingles (stock is MONO)
     Updated 2-channel stereo sfx (stock is MONO)
     Updated 2-channel stereo voice callouts (stock is MONO)
* Headphone support (3D Spatial)
* New Music/Jingles added/updated
* New Sfx added/updated
* New Movie Callouts added/updated
* Added voice to some sound effects
* Unique "never play the same game twice" features
     Randomized start/ending sequences
     Randomized music in key areas
     Randomized sound effects in key areas
     Randomized end game DM music clips
     Randomized callouts for ball drains, game end and other events
     [25] unique ball drain callouts
     [8] unique end-game callouts
* Randomized attract mode music
* Some unused/never heard callouts restored/added
* New Easter Egg callouts
* Removed the dreaded "Ahhhhhh Jackpot" voice that many dislike (replaced with new sound effect)
* Buy-in music customized (if feature enabled)

PinSound owners, it is your time to shine  

#2823 11 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

That wire is a long way from home.. I wonder what happened there.. is there still a red/white coming out of the connector? It could have a short, might be why someone pulled it. Hopefully just an accidental cut.

This issue got a bit stranger; I replaced the bulbs in all those flasher circuits and they work now. But… that wire is still cut? And it’s still one side of the circuit for those flasher boards, so… I guess they’re powered through osmosis…

#2824 11 months ago

This issue got a bit stranger; I replaced the bulbs in all those flasher circuits and they work now. But… that wire is still cut? And it’s still one side of the circuit for those flasher boards, so… I guess they’re powered through osmosis…

So you must have a red/white wire already present in the connector to the PDB. Guessing the wire could have been for a flasher MOD that was removed from the game? If there's no other flashers that are not working that's all I can think of.

#2825 11 months ago

As I have gone through all the audio files of this game multiple times recently I noticed a few voice callouts that stood out as having to be secret flipper code files. These audio clips are not played through the well known flipper codes and easter eggs for this game.

There appears to be at least 6 additional secret flipper codes, possibly a couple more (depending if the same code alternated callouts).

There is a flipper code for each of the game designers:
"Hello Chad"
"Hello Dennis"
"Hello Bill"
"Hello Doug"

There is a flipper code(s) for Sly and Wesley.
"Hello Wesley" / "F*ck you Wesley"
"Hi Sly" / "F*ck you Sly"
Interestingly they all say hello except Sylvester Stallone is hi. Likely because of the ryhme.

The question is.. what are the flipper codes for the hidden callouts and how can we find them? Is there a way to look at the ROM and find it there? Has this topic already been visited?

#2826 11 months ago

My shaker motor kit arrived today. I am actually pretty impressed with this motor, it is very strong. It works right out of the box (with latest firmware). Adds a lot of "emphasis" on explosions, car crash, bumpers etc. Definitely noticeable and feels good/right. I read that some other shakers have some trouble with big/heavy widebody games but I will tell you that this shaker rocks this game! I only have it at 1/2 power atm also.

PDC03296 (resized).JPGPDC03296 (resized).JPG
#2827 11 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

As I have gone through all the audio files of this game multiple times recently I noticed a few voice callouts that stood out as having to be secret flipper code files. These audio clips are not played through the well known flipper codes and easter eggs for this game.
There appears to be at least 6 additional secret flipper codes, possibly a couple more (depending if the same code alternated callouts).
There is a flipper code for each of the game designers:
"Hello Chad"
"Hello Dennis"
"Hello Bill"
"Hello Doug"
There is a flipper code(s) for Sly and Wesley.
"Hello Wesley" / "F*ck you Wesley"
"Hi Sly" / "F*ck you Sly"
Interestingly they all say hello except Sylvester Stallone is hi. Likely because of the ryhme.
The question is.. what are the flipper codes for the hidden callouts and how can we find them? Is there a way to look at the ROM and find it there? Has this topic already been visited?

I get those “ hi” callouts just from hitting the triggers or flipper buttons during attract modes. When I have the selected audio chosen in the settings.

#2828 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I get those “ hi” callouts just from hitting the triggers or flipper buttons during attract modes. When I have the selected audio chosen in the settings.

Odd, I cannot reproduce that. I've been trying over the past several days leaving it running and every now and then pull the triggers.. I get the usual callouts but not the "hi" ones. Sometimes I get an electricity sound from the flipper button which is the only variation I found so far. I have the latest v7.0 vulgar rom. Do you mean pull a trigger when the attract music is actually playing? That I did not do..

#2829 10 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Odd, I cannot reproduce that. I've been trying over the past several days leaving it running and every now and then pull the triggers.. I get the usual callouts but not the "hi" ones. Sometimes I get an electricity sound from the flipper button which is the only variation I found so far. I have the latest v7.0 vulgar rom. Do you mean pull a trigger when the attract music is actually playing? That I did not do..

i will get the "Hi Dennis.... Ill fuck you up"

#2830 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

i will get the "Hi Dennis.... Ill fuck you up"

Odd.. never get that.
What ROM version are you running out of curiosity?

#2831 10 months ago

Sounds like swear roms..

#2832 10 months ago

FYA RC3 is now available. Pretty much final. Pinsound Owners, your time to shine

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laithan-s-demolition-man-pinsound-audio-pack-ltadult-onlygt#post-7541716

#2833 10 months ago

I recently bought what I thought was a partial NOS set of plastics.
When they arrived, one of them was different from the others.
The colors were off and the orange/black border was printed on top of the plastics - not underneath.
I contacted the seller and they told me this :

>They are 100% NOS plastics provided by WMS as an "easy break set" to operators. They were sourced from by the late Greg Berry at Chicago Expo early >2000's. These are the last two sets out of a dozen we have sold.

Would anyone be able to confirm that this is the case - did Williams make plastics with print on top and non-matching colors?

2023-05-08 18.55.37 (resized).jpg2023-05-08 18.55.37 (resized).jpg
#2834 10 months ago

I don't know.. I never went to Chicago Expo... but what I do know is that all the original parts I have seen were exactly as expected and the repro parts are known to sometimes have faded colors. That's not definitive but..

I also did notice before that the model #'s with original parts are printed on the plastic and the repros don't have that number. Not sure if that is consistent across ALL repros or not but at least the ones I have seen don't have the numbers.

See this post, not far back
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/57#post-7537192

#2835 10 months ago

I just wanted to mention that the sound pack is now final.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laithan-s-demolition-man-pinsound-audio-pack-ltadult-onlygt#post-7541716

PinSound owners, enjoy!

1 week later
#2836 10 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I am working on one of my own also (your awesome vidoes inspired me) but until then Pinsound made one for me lol.. I literally just found it, they made it 4 days ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laithan-s-demolition-man-pinsound-audio-pack-ltadult-onlygt#post-7589323

#2837 10 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

If anyone is looking for an alternate translite, i just got a few more in and will let them go cheaper here than my ebaystore. Dm if you are interested [quoted image]

Great guy to deal with and the translight looks damn awesome I just got mine , great quality blows the original out of the water thanks again
Buddy

#2838 10 months ago
Quoted from Weeedoggie:

Great guy to deal with and the translight looks damn awesome I just got mine , great quality blows the original out of the water thanks again
Buddy

Thanks for the high praise and patience in receiving it!

If members here are interested in one, I ship global, anywhere, so don’t hesitate to reach out to spice up ur demo man with an alternate translate!

#2839 10 months ago

In the club! 3rd Demo man I've owned... although this will be short term ownership as I picked it up for a buddy.... Ill end up getting it back down the road.

thumbnail_IMG_5187 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_5187 (resized).jpg
#2840 10 months ago

Ur buddy has excellent taste in alternate translites for demolition man

#2841 10 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Ur buddy has excellent taste in alternate translites for demolition man

Lol, That was my doing.. I cannot stand that original.. before I brought it in my house I swapped it.. left it in the truck.

#2842 10 months ago

Bahleeted

#2843 10 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:Lol, That was my doing.. I cannot stand that original.. before I brought it in my house I swapped it.. left it in the truck.

I did the same thing with last action hero.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#2844 10 months ago

Always loved this movie and always loved this game -- finally had an opportunity to get one, so now I'm in the club!

20230525_205558 (resized).jpg20230525_205558 (resized).jpg

Game came to me with a very dirty pop bumper area plus a broken rubber on that lower kicker up there, and I can see why -- pretty tough to get in there! So I had to do a little disassembly to get in there and clean it up, but with that out of the way I'm thrilled that the game plays like it's brand new! Flippers are super snappy and so much fun.

So far, I've slipped a sheet of rubylith in front of the DMD to make it a much nicer red (did the same on my T2) but I have several other mods in mind for down the road -- the first of which should be my usual 3D Start Button and Launch Button. Stay tuned for those!

I also have a gameplay question -- whichever multiball level I'm working up to, let's say it's Wasteland for example, when I'd need to freeze three balls ... if I hit the cryoclaw shot and use the lock up there, it gives me all the freezes I need and multiball is ready. This seems awfully easy, is this the standard behavior? I'm guessing there's probably a setting to control this difficulty but I haven't looked yet -- figured you guys would know. Let me know ... and Be Well, fellow DM owners!

#2845 10 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Always loved this movie and always loved this game -- finally had an opportunity to get one, so now I'm in the club!
[quoted image]
Game came to me with a very dirty pop bumper area plus a broken rubber on that lower kicker up there, and I can see why -- pretty tough to get in there! So I had to do a little disassembly to get in there and clean it up, but with that out of the way I'm thrilled that the game plays like it's brand new! Flippers are super snappy and so much fun.
So far, I've slipped a sheet of rubylith in front of the DMD to make it a much nicer red (did the same on my T2) but I have several other mods in mind for down the road -- the first of which should be my usual 3D Start Button and Launch Button. Stay tuned for those!
I also have a gameplay question -- whichever multiball level I'm working up to, let's sat it's Wasteland for example, when I'd need to freeze three balls ... if I hit the cryoclaw shot and use the lock up there, it gives me all the freezes I need and multiball is ready. This seems awfully easy, is this the standard behavior? I'm guessing there's probably a setting to control this difficulty but I haven't looked yet -- figured you guys would know. Let me know ... and Be Well, fellow DM owners!

I have my claw disabled for this reason, every tournament I have seen it in also has it disabled for this reason. Also I don’t want to rebuild it if it breaks.

#2846 10 months ago

I know I’ll get a ton of hate for this but… I’ve always hated the handles on DM… I’ve owned a few of these and I hated how it looked in my lineups… I NEVER use the handles ever… I’ve tried over and over and I cant stand not being able to slap save and perform other flipper tricks using those little buttons… So… I took mine off and I’m soooooo much happier… I’m going to get some flat push-in grommets to cover the outer holes from removing the handles and call it done.

I love the game… but hate the handles.

IMG_5213 (resized).jpegIMG_5213 (resized).jpegIMG_5215 (resized).jpegIMG_5215 (resized).jpeg

#2847 10 months ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

I have my claw disabled for this reason, every tournament I have seen it in also has it disabled for this reason. Also I don’t want to rebuild it if it breaks.

Soren tournament rom fixes this, limits reward collects to one item until demolition time. subsequent collects will only score points.

Totally configurable.. highly recommend this, as the claw is great.

Tournament rom also gives balanced settings for computer rewards etc.

#2848 10 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I know I’ll get a ton of hate for this but… I’ve always hated the handles on DM… I’ve owned a few of these and I hated how it looked in my lineups… I NEVER use the handles ever… I’ve tried over and over and I cant stand not being able to slap save and perform other flipper tricks using those little buttons… So… I took mine off and I’m soooooo much happier… I’m going to get some flat push-in grommets to cover the outer holes from removing the handles and call it done.
I love the game… but hate the handles.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Handles are great for nudging and tossing the cab into its Neighbor in the line up.

And casual players are curious to give them a shot.

They only look cool with led thumb buttons wired in.

#2849 10 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Handles are great for nudging and tossing the cab into its Neighbor in the line up.
And casual players are curious to give them a shot.
They only look cool with led thumb buttons wired in.

Yea… my girl was like wtf… it’s the only game she can actually move so she was disappointed I took them off and now she can’t lol.

#2850 10 months ago

I didn't like the original chrome so I powder coated both handles and changed to black legs. I've got the lighted buttons installed also.

PDC03424 (resized).JPGPDC03424 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 11.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
4,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Port Charlotte, FL
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 81.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels
Interactive
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
4,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.