(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 63.
#2651 1 year ago

Is there a place in the states to order the playfield decals for the game?
Are there good apron cards that don't cost $30?

#2652 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Too expensive. Unpopular opinion, can be found in Germany for $150 shipped. No license but look great. Wait time is about a month. I have some stuck in Customs New York. I’m Confidential they will arrive.

#2653 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Too expensive. Unpopular opinion, can be found in Germany for $150 shipped. No license but look great. Wait time is about a month. I have some stuck in Customs New York. I’m Confidential they will arrive.

Oh shit, you said Playfield Decals…

#2654 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I was afraid that was the only option.

I have one of the demos that does not have the millions marked on my machine and it kind of bugs me. Just wanted to add it.

20221102_072134 (resized).jpg20221102_072134 (resized).jpg
#2655 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

There are plenty of free apron cards out there. I know the guy that makes the lenticular apron cards (me, lol)rumor has it that he runs Black Friday deals on them for $25 a set. Still a lot of money for some apron cards, but the materials to create them aren’t exactly cheap, and are actually getting more expensive every time I have to replenish.

#2656 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I have one of the demos that does not have the millions marked on my machine and it kind of bugs me. Just wanted to add it.[quoted image]

Do you have the recently updated code and Vulgar Roms? Must have. IMO.

#2657 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Do you have the recently updated code and Vulgar Roms? Must have. IMO.

Already installed..lol

Looking to get the led OCD board and install leds and Titans, Trigger buttons with LED's already shipped. Tied it into my external subwoofer_Big difference-

#2658 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I have one of the demos that does not have the millions marked on my machine and it kind of bugs me. Just wanted to add it.[quoted image]

These slight differences in production are great. It's not like they wore off, the PF shipped like that. To me, this is a feature that makes it more interesting.. and it's not like the labels there are needed.

1 week later
#2659 1 year ago

So, still haven't finished the pinsound soundtrack for demoman, will be done before Christmas.

But I am thinking about putting my demo man in at tpf for "best of". My demo man is absolutely beautiful on the playfeild and the cabinet. Got a color dmd lcd, mirror blades, spot lights, fresh glass, lights in the catwalk in the back, add on LEDs in holes and kick outs, pinsound plus plus their speakers and sub, plus my beta of my mix which is killer. And alt translite.

Handles are worn back box decal looks shrunken.

I was wanting to get new back box decals. Re chrome the handles and see about chroming the legs, side rails, lock down bar, hinge, etc. Chrome or powder coat? Aswell as wanted to maybe get the mirrored OG back glass and alternate the alt and the mirrored OG.

Anything else I should do to have a shot at best of, game is already the nicest example I've seen.

#2660 1 year ago

Tbh worn handles and wrinkled backbox decals are on all dms as far as i have seen.

I like the chrome idea and wrapped my handles as chroming pot metal is crazy expensive in canada.

Id do the lit handle thumb buttons if u hadn't done that yet.

Also a small light strip above the claw that ties into the leds for each mode is kinda cool cuz it will flash over the claw making it stand out more.

And also try to light the underground vuk.

1 week later
#2661 1 year ago

...looking for a gently used left sling plastic...trade for Blue LED thumb buttons...

#2662 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Tbh worn handles and wrinkled backbox decals are on all dms as far as i have seen.
I like the chrome idea and wrapped my handles as chroming pot metal is crazy expensive in canada.
Id do the lit handle thumb buttons if u hadn't done that yet.
Also a small light strip above the claw that ties into the leds for each mode is kinda cool cuz it will flash over the claw making it stand out more.
And also try to light the underground vuk.

I am about to chrome spray paint my handles and then use max2k to seal them. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

paint (resized).JPGpaint (resized).JPG
#2663 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am about to chrome spray paint my handles and then use max2k to seal them. I will let you guys know how it turns out.[quoted image]

Good luck… I love how mine turned out, especially for the price.

#2664 1 year ago

Hey guys, just joined the club. While I was shopping out the game I noticed I couldn’t see the Claw modes that well. I decided to attach a red plastic sheet to the back. I think it turned out nice and looks like it should be there. I thought I’d pass it on.

024A9F04-948E-4C46-B88B-BE6B4D9CFEE6 (resized).jpeg024A9F04-948E-4C46-B88B-BE6B4D9CFEE6 (resized).jpeg8A0CC484-20C5-45C3-9D38-00FA52B9DD8C (resized).jpeg8A0CC484-20C5-45C3-9D38-00FA52B9DD8C (resized).jpeg
#2665 1 year ago

Wow! That is nice. I might copy it. Any advice? What did you make it out of?

#2666 1 year ago

Got myself a new DM. I know there were some things with work and fixed most of them. But 2 remain open.

1) claw doesn’t go fully left… where to adjust that?

2) balls remain stuck on cryo claw disc when dropped off by the crane. Removed habitrails and playing around but can’t find right setup..

It either remains stuck on the 2 left ones or 2nd one from the right. And if it doesn't stay there it rolls to the middle and back down in the game, demolition time impossible to achieve....

IMG_5323 (resized).jpgIMG_5323 (resized).jpg
#2667 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Got myself a new DM. I know there were some things with work and fixed most of them. But 2 remain open.
2) balls remain stuck on cryo claw disc when dropped off by the crane. Removed habitrails and playing around but can’t find right setup..
It either remains stuck on the 2 left ones or 2nd one from the right. And if it doesn't stay there it rolls to the middle and back down in the game, demolition time impossible to achieve....[quoted image]

Not sure what might be causing the claw to stop short of the left position - try the claw test routines in the test menu to see if you can move it fully to the left (hold flipper button in to override the opto detection). If it goes further this way then possibly the opto PCB has shifted slightly, otherwise it might be a mechanical issue.

I had the second problem and fixed it by just flattening the switch lever a bit, so the ball has less force to overcome and roll over it.

#2668 1 year ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

Not sure what might be causing the claw to stop short of the left position - try the claw test routines in the test menu to see if you can move it fully to the left (hold flipper button in to override the opto detection). If it goes further this way then possibly the opto PCB has shifted slightly, otherwise it might be a mechanical issue.
I had the second problem and fixed it by just flattening the switch lever a bit, so the ball has less force to overcome and roll over it.

Thx ! gonna try flattening..

Claw don't move completely to the left (not even with flipper button pressed). In fact it also goes a bit over the elevator on the right. So how do you move this completely to the left 'mechanically' ?

#2669 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Thx ! gonna try flattening..
Claw don't move completely to the left (not even with flipper button pressed). In fact it also goes a bit over the elevator on the right. So how do you move this completely to the left 'mechanically' ?

I can't remember how the arm is mounted to the spindle but it could just need loosening off and refastened further round - the manual shows a pair of grub screws on the side of the arm assembly so maybe look at those

#2670 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

It either remains stuck on the 2 left ones or 2nd one from the right. And if it doesn't stay there it rolls to the middle and back down in the game, demolition time impossible to achieve....[quoted image]

What does the position show in the cryo claw test? There are two optos for position. If one isn’t working, you will have all sorts of weird issues.

#2671 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Wow! That is nice. I might copy it. Any advice? What did you make it out of?

I have some left over colored sheets I purchased for other mods. 15.00 You can also use them under white/clear inserts that you would rather have colored (Deadpool)

EBay-
SAKOLLA 8 Pieces Transparent Color Correction Lighting Filter - Colored Light...

I cut to size and attached with double sided tape. Easy

205B82BF-020D-4D0A-A907-D72B7B311EB0 (resized).jpeg205B82BF-020D-4D0A-A907-D72B7B311EB0 (resized).jpeg
#2672 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I have some left over colored sheets I purchased for other mods. 15.00 You can also use them under white/clear inserts that you would rather have colored (Deadpool)
EBay-
SAKOLLA 8 Pieces Transparent Color Correction Lighting Filter - Colored Light...
[quoted image]

Looks great brother! How is it attached?

#2673 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Looks great brother! How is it attached?

I used 6 small strips of double sided tape.

#2674 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Your 442 car is in the wrong spot. In the movie the 442 with Sly was chasing the stolen police car with
Wesley Snipes.

#2675 1 year ago

I have a cryo chamber assembly if anyone needs...DM me. And cabinet handle bracket plates.

#2676 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Your 442 car is in the wrong spot. In the movie the 442 with Sly was chasing the stolen police car with
Wesley Snipes.

I know, still have to swap it but a lot of things to unmount to be able to access it...

#2677 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

What does the position show in the cryo claw test? There are two optos for position. If one isn’t working, you will have all sorts of weird issues.

both are detected and active when moving the crane to the left or right....

#2678 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

both are detected and active when moving the crane to the left or right....

Can you take a picture of the claw underneath where each opto is? There really isn’t much adjustment to the claw left/right. It kind of sounds like your opto is triggering a little bit before it should.

#2679 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Can you take a picture of the claw underneath where each opto is? There really isn’t much adjustment to the claw left/right. It kind of sounds like your opto is triggering a little bit before it should.

It's moving and seems like stopping when it should, when metal part enters opto... 2nd Pic is front opto, left
What should i do now, test? how?
IMG_5422 (resized).jpgIMG_5422 (resized).jpgIMG_5424 (resized).jpgIMG_5424 (resized).jpg

#2680 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

It's moving and seems like stopping when it should, when metal part enters opto... 2nd Pic is front opto, left
What should i do now, test? how?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Have you checked where the arm fastens to the spindle? As I mentioned, there should be two securing screws which might be loose.

#2681 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

EBay-
[quoted image]

I have "Blued" out most of my DM. I might have to try this with a blue or light blue film. Great idea. Looks good.

#2682 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I have "Blued" out most of my DM. I might have to try this with a blue or light blue film. Great idea. Looks good.

Originally, I tried the cool white bulbs in the upper play field, but it was to bright for my liking. I switched to ice blue with purple flashers. I put a couple led strips in the back blue windows and added blue flipper bats with translucent rubbers. Hopefully my mirror blades get delivered today. Killer game!

#2683 1 year ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

Have you checked where the arm fastens to the spindle? As I mentioned, there should be two securing screws which might be loose.

Fixed, unscrewed these 2, used dremel to make extra flat area as motor spindle was kind of not aligned (flat area) towards cryo platform. As I have no idea how to adjust this in the motor it was easiest way to move on...

Still didn't figure out why the platform is not bending down to the playfield. Used Zipties and 3D print to fix it temporarly. No idea if new (very expensive !) platform would solve the issue... anyone had to swap that cryo platform ?

#2684 1 year ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Anybody have a spare grey scaffolding plastic with trans blue window (the larger one) ? Let me know! Thanks
[quoted image]

Still need one

826861fefc564184de55ad8488268bc2076b20cc (resized).jpg826861fefc564184de55ad8488268bc2076b20cc (resized).jpg
#2685 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Originally, I tried the cool white bulbs in the upper play field, but it was to bright for my liking. I switched to ice blue with purple flashers. I put a couple led strips in the back blue windows and added blue flipper bats with translucent rubbers. Hopefully my mirror blades get delivered today. Killer game!

I have been thinking of doing the LEDs in back windows also. AND Im sure mirror blades would be perfect for this game. I might have to look into that also.

Post pics of the blades once you get them in.

#2686 1 year ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Still need one
[quoted image]

I had this 3d-printed at JLCPCB : https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/demolition-man-pinball-long-bridge
They didn't have any silver printing options at the time, so I had it printed in black.
The blue inserts you can probably use any blue color gel for lighting.

#2687 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I have been thinking of doing the LEDs in back windows also. AND Im sure mirror blades would be perfect for this game. I might have to look into that also.

I installed the mirror blades and they look great. However, I couldn’t get them to fit correctly. The hole wouldn’t fit over the hinge bolt, therefore leaving a bump in the blades. This would be ok, except it’ll scratch the blades when I lift the play field. I’m going to take a Dremel and make the hole bigger.

I also bought two led strips from Comet and Y them together. Probably cost 15 dollars.
0964A91D-5254-49A9-ACB0-D0B47E2A39B2 (resized).jpeg0964A91D-5254-49A9-ACB0-D0B47E2A39B2 (resized).jpeg11C06787-1D5A-45A5-AE58-B24E21CEB9F4 (resized).jpeg11C06787-1D5A-45A5-AE58-B24E21CEB9F4 (resized).jpeg19CEB63E-621B-474A-B3D8-6EE811E8FCAB (resized).jpeg19CEB63E-621B-474A-B3D8-6EE811E8FCAB (resized).jpeg

199DDFF0-EEE7-475A-9C26-BD8FB638E884 (resized).jpeg199DDFF0-EEE7-475A-9C26-BD8FB638E884 (resized).jpeg

#2688 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Ceckitti Or you could go the cheap route like I did.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/42#post-6455279

#2689 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I installed the mirror blades and they look great. However, I couldn’t get them to fit correctly. The hole wouldn’t fit over the hinge bolt, therefore leaving a bump in the blades. This would be ok, except it’ll scratch the blades when I lift the play field. I’m going to take a Dremel and make the hole bigger.
I also bought two led strips from Comet and Y them together. Probably cost 15 dollars.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

looks solid - get some led thumb trigger buttons and u'll be rocking:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2690 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

looks solid - get some led thumb trigger buttons and u'll be rocking:[quoted image]

I actually got a extra set of those said LED thumb buttons. Trade for left plastic sling

#2691 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I actually got a extra set of those said LED thumb buttons. Trade for left plastic sling

There's a left sling plastic for sale on eBay for 21.00.

#2692 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

There's a left sling plastic for sale on eBay for 21.00.

WooHoo!!

#2694 1 year ago

Check these protectors!!

4E168112-0E90-4252-BB21-7916E5F3B720 (resized).jpeg4E168112-0E90-4252-BB21-7916E5F3B720 (resized).jpeg82406442-DF83-4C17-BA5E-07C77450EC1B (resized).jpeg82406442-DF83-4C17-BA5E-07C77450EC1B (resized).jpeg
#2695 1 year ago

Hi all,
I have just joined the club,
what mods do you all recommend for this game?
does anyone have any sling shot plastics available for sale? both of mine are cracked.

cheers
Trevor

90729844-5CF9-4552-AFD1-40242717A2CA (resized).png90729844-5CF9-4552-AFD1-40242717A2CA (resized).pngEF47BB94-ABF3-4FDF-BAD2-05E00AE40948 (resized).pngEF47BB94-ABF3-4FDF-BAD2-05E00AE40948 (resized).png
#2696 1 year ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Hi all,
does anyone have any sling shot plastics available for sale? both of mine are cracked.
cheers
Trevor[quoted image][quoted image]

I might have the right side. I will look later.

#2697 1 year ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Hi all,
cheers

I'd recommend the latest Soren rom on home rom edition.

#2698 1 year ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Hi all,
cheers

Protectors for the new slings once you replace them. Or they will just get cracked again.

#2699 1 year ago

Just joined the club! How hard is it to get to the GI under the ramps? Do I need to remove all the ramps? My new game has some serious blue/red LED action that I'd like to change. Any tips/tricks would be appreciated!!

#2700 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Just joined the club! How hard is it to get to the GI under the ramps? Do I need to remove all the ramps? My new game has some serious blue/red LED action that I'd like to change. Any tips/tricks would be appreciated!!

If u dont want to pull ramps change the gi from under the pf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 81.95
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.