(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 63.
#2601 1 year ago
Quoted from Sensei:

Not sure how I lucked out, but I think Marco Specialties had a complete NOS playfield plastics kit (even has the original sought after Williams DemoMan key chain plastic) that must have been sitting on a wrong shelf for years. It went in stock and I snagged it. All painted and clear plastics....brand new. Not reproduction.
[quoted image]

Wow. Nice.

#2602 1 year ago
Quoted from Sensei:

Not sure how I lucked out, but I think Marco Specialties had a complete NOS playfield plastics kit (even has the original sought after Williams DemoMan key chain plastic) that must have been sitting on a wrong shelf for years. It went in stock and I snagged it. All painted and clear plastics....brand new. Not reproduction.
[quoted image]

Lucky!

If you happen to not need/have an extra 31-1919-15 or 31-1919-10, I'd love to help you get rid of them and free up some space

1 month later
#2603 1 year ago

Can someone please give me a hand in identifying where this plastic goes?

100_0694 (resized).JPG100_0694 (resized).JPG
#2604 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

[quoted image]

It looks like the protector for the computer award scoop shot. Just above the upper ramp.

#2605 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Now you mention it I couldn’t find it in my game. And I know I have it somewhere. ?

#2606 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I want to say in the movie there is something that says..."medical thawing laser". I know it shows up on a monitor in the beginning credits for a few seconds just as MTL.
One of these days I want to redo the ones in my game to say MDK.

Magnesium thermite laser

#2607 1 year ago

A word on opto boards. Either trough or flipper.

The first thing I do is check the voltage at the opto board. If your 12v is sagging the transmitter may not be bright enough to consistently register.

This can show up as weak flippers. The opto may appear to pass in switch test but it’s actually fluttering to quickly too detect in switch test This can also show up as a random second ball in the shooter lane or a vuk randomly firing.

Checking the voltage at the opto board is the easiest first test but I rarely see it suggested as a first diagnosis step.

#2608 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

A word on opto boards. Either trough or flipper.
The first thing I do is check the voltage at the opto board. If your 12v is sagging the transmitter may not be bright enough to consistently register.
This can show up as weak flippers. The opto may appear to pass in switch test but it’s actually fluttering to quickly too detect in switch test This can also show up as a random second ball in the shooter lane or a vuk randomly firing.
Checking the voltage at the opto board is the easiest first test but I rarely see it suggested as a first diagnosis step.

When I first got my machine, I went through and replaced all the electrolitics just because...but I found one leaking on the underside of the playfield, I think it was the opto board but cant recall...so yes they are failing if you haven't changed them already, do so...

#2609 1 year ago

Not sure where to post this but selling my demolition man. I got the machine for a work trade ( I refinish floors ). Need the cash for a new vehicle, works great minus the elevator and claw. Out of my expertise to repair it. Machine has never been commercially used as far as I know, I got from a guy who had it in his bachelor pad for years, cabinet is in excellent condition.
Not sure how to price it? Replaced all play lights with LEDs and backsplash.
Running lights are out but have all LED bulbs to replace them.
Any help or offers feel free I am in Pensacola, Florida. Make an offer if interested.

#2610 1 year ago

Hi all, I have a problem with my Demolition man that hopefully someone can point me in the right direction with.

I just fitted the 86 Pixels gun trigger LED's (which look great by the way) and now my left flippers don't work, The trigger in the gun handle seems to work fine (tested with continuity setting on a multimeter) but neither flipper works and the switches (both gun trigger and button opto's) don't register in switch test.

Asking on here as the way the gun trigger piggy backs on the cabinet opto switch seems unique to DM.

Thanks

#2611 1 year ago
Quoted from pensacolapinball:

Not sure where to post this but selling my demolition man. I got the machine for a work trade ( I refinish floors ). Need the cash for a new vehicle, works great minus the elevator and claw. Out of my expertise to repair it. Machine has never been commercially used as far as I know, I got from a guy who had it in his bachelor pad for years, cabinet is in excellent condition.
Not sure how to price it? Replaced all play lights with LEDs and backsplash.
Running lights are out but have all LED bulbs to replace them.
Any help or offers feel free I am in Pensacola, Florida. Make an offer if interested.

The elevator and the claw not working could effect the sale price quite a bit. I would say assuming the cabinet and the rest of the game is in good shape..... 2500.00 as is. 3200/3500 with the claw working.

#2612 1 year ago

Hey all, I just got my demo man and love it! I have the new rom from Soren but I’m still a little fuzzy about whether I need more rims or different sound?
This is what I have:

A49A4F08-AE62-47C0-9291-CC992C22AE4C (resized).jpegA49A4F08-AE62-47C0-9291-CC992C22AE4C (resized).jpeg
#2613 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

The elevator and the claw not working could effect the sale price quite a bit. I would say assuming the cabinet and the rest of the game is in good shape..... 2500.00 as is. 3200/3500 with the claw working.

thanks for your reply, thats about what I was gonna ask for it. Wanna try here first to sell it, before putting it out to the public.

#2614 1 year ago

Custom Mode Start Bracket for Demolition Man pinball

#2615 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Just added a pin2dmd in my demo man, for this game I thought there weren’t enough animations to warrant the extra cost of a colordmd and this is a well priced alternative
[quoted image][quoted image]

What was the price difference?

#2616 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

All I have left of Demo man parts. The darker ones are unused anodized aluminum. The lighter ones are used original plastic.
[quoted image]

I'd be interested in a set of the aluminum ones.

#2617 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hey all, I just got my demo man and love it! I have the new rom from Soren but I’m still a little fuzzy about whether I need more rims or different sound?
This is what I have:
[quoted image]

Idk. Are the orange roms the production roms? I think so?

For the Soren, did you have it for home or production sound? If home, then you need the accompany home sound roms to enable profanity and additional callouts.

#2618 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

What was the price difference?

Pin2DMD was less than half the cost of a Colordmd

#2619 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

This is what I have:
[quoted image]

LX4 is what the soren code is based on, so your sound will not need to be upgraded. The only problem would be if you mixed vulgar CPU code with non-vulgar sound roms (or visa versa).

#2620 1 year ago
Quoted from pensacolapinball:

Not sure where to post this but selling my demolition man.

Marketplace. Then you can post a link in the club to the ad.

1 week later
#2621 1 year ago

So I installed the lighted buttons on the handles, turned on the machine, saw a puff of smoke and smelled something burning. I had pinched the wires from the lighted buttons in the handle causing a short, now my, start, extra ball and ball launch buttons no longer light up. Everything else seems ok, just those three buttons not lighting. I replaced the fuse, fixed the pinched wires, anything else I can do?

#2622 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

So I installed the lighted buttons on the handles, turned on the machine, saw a puff of smoke and smelled something burning. I had pinched the wires from the lighted buttons in the handle causing a short, now my, start, extra ball and ball launch buttons no longer light up. Everything else seems ok, just those three buttons not lighting. I replaced the fuse, fixed the pinched wires, anything else I can do?

Maybe change out the bulbs, they could of blown do to the power surge.

#2623 1 year ago

Bulbs are good.

#2624 1 year ago

Found it, coin door PCB got a little fried.

#2625 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Found it, coin door PCB got a little fried.

Nice job finding it! Is it repairable or toast?

#2626 1 year ago

It looks like all I need to do is solder in a jumper wire.

#2627 1 year ago

Can I ask those of you that have Pin2dmd's fitted to your DM who you brought the colour files from and is this a good game to fit it to? I have a couple of displays and am trying to decide which games to fit them to. Thanks.

#2628 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

i did the same thing when installing mine. But luckily I was able to catch it before any damage was done.

Check comment #2010 in this thread.

373fda5d1f02c03860769a5dbdb49dc9140cd1be (resized).jpg373fda5d1f02c03860769a5dbdb49dc9140cd1be (resized).jpg
#2629 1 year ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Can I ask those of you that have Pin2dmd's fitted to your DM who you brought the colour files from and is this a good game to fit it to? I have a couple of displays and am trying to decide which games to fit them to. Thanks.

I did the colour project for demo man. A few people have complimented it here in the past and said it's good, for which I am very grateful, but I think those people are being very generous There are definitely a few bugs and annoying transitions, but it is free!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x_ioCj-A9YMpRQNyEZKYD7AqYXmPYlGl/view?usp=sharing

Looking at your collection, I did projects for the following games and, in my opinion/if it was me and you were only using projects I made, I would install them in this order of preference:

CFTBL
Indianapolis 500
Flintstones
Demo Man

I also did STTNG, if you care. Very proud of CFTBL, I think it looks ace, if you only try one of my projects, please make it that one. There is half of a version 2 of demo man in progress to bring it up to the same standard as creech, but I kind of lost the will to work on these projects since the start of the year; I may return to it eventually, but my PIN2DMD is currently gathering dust.

All my other projects are available for free download on VPUniverse.com or else send me a DM and I can send you some links. Most of your DMD collection have got projects now which you will also inevitably find via vpuniverse (and may require a fee), though I think Stargate and Congo are still waiting to be picked up.

#2630 1 year ago

I have a NOS playfield that’s been clearcoated by Kruzman. Anyone in need of a new playfield?

#2631 1 year ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

I did the colour project for demo man. A few people have complimented it here in the past and said it's good, for which I am very grateful, but I think those people are being very generous There are definitely a few bugs and annoying transitions, but it is free!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x_ioCj-A9YMpRQNyEZKYD7AqYXmPYlGl/view?usp=sharing

Looking at your collection, I did projects for the following games and, in my opinion/if it was me and you were only using projects I made, I would install them in this order of preference:

CFTBL
Indianapolis 500
Flintstones
Demo Man

I also did STTNG, if you care. Very proud of CFTBL, I think it looks ace, if you only try one of my projects, please make it that one. There is half of a version 2 of demo man in progress to bring it up to the same standard as creech, but I kind of lost the will to work on these projects since the start of the year; I may return to it eventually, but my PIN2DMD is currently gathering dust.

All my other projects are available for free download on VPUniverse.com or else send me a DM and I can send you some links. Most of your DMD collection have got projects now which you will also inevitably find via vpuniverse (and may require a fee), though I think Stargate and Congo are still waiting to be picked up.

That's awesome, thank you. I already have your file in CFTBL and it looks great. We're coming to Belfast in a couple of weeks, be meaning to visit the Titanic museum for years

Thanks for your work.

#2632 1 year ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

CFTBL
Indianapolis 500
Flintstones
Demo Man

SLIPPI!! ITS BEEN A WHILE!!

Hope you are well! I had been leaving you some notes on vpuniverse but i think its been a while since either of us had logged in.

I was up for testing your 64 color effort if it ever got to WIP.

I also dropped interest like a rock after my 64 color movie scene edit of lah....

#2633 1 year ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Dm's graphics dmd dots are kinda sad, i will admit that and when i put in slippis efforts, they actually made the display worth looking up at every once in a while in-game. Some tasteful coloring he did on it and it still looks fresh now.

#2634 1 year ago

So I put the pin2dmd in along with the sd card liaded with Slippi's files and when I switch on it boots to a colour screen and then to this...
20221002_183054 (resized).jpg20221002_183054 (resized).jpg
Am I doing something stupid/wrong?

#2635 1 year ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

So I put the pin2dmd in along with the sd card liaded with Slippi's files and when I switch on it boots to a colour screen and then to this...
[quoted image]
Am I doing something stupid/wrong?

I managed to plug the ribbon in backwards when I first got my HD panel but I'm sure Tatty wouldn't make that mistake!
Can't remember if the files came with a different filename but there should be pin2dmd.fsq and pin2dmd.pal in the root of the micro SD.
Mike.

#2636 1 year ago

What sort of scores are people putting up with the new code that prevents the repeated lock
Freeze with the claw?
I’m struggling to crack 2 billion but I do love the new rules that makes you earn the Multiballs

#2637 1 year ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

I'm sure Tatty wouldn't make that mistake!

Don't fool yourself, I'm always messing up!

So by the "root of the micro SD" I literally formatted the card and then dropped the files on it, is that correct?

#2638 1 year ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Don't fool yourself, I'm always messing up!
So by the "root of the micro SD" I literally formatted the card and then dropped the files on it, is that correct?

That should be all it takes, yes. There should also be a key file from when you register the panel.
I've got the same setup at the club for my DM (albeit an HD panel) and that's all did. I think there is a setting for selecting where the PAL is (ram or flash?) but I can't remember which is correct. You might try Reset Config, as I think I had to do once when my panel locked up. If you don't have any luck going forward, I can look again at my panel when I next go the club.
mike.

#2639 1 year ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

...when I switch on it boots to a colour screen and then to this...

That's definitely the default palette file being loaded (light blues/whites), so that's a good sign, it's reading the SD correctly. The files are already supplied with the correct names so no need to rename them.

You mention that you formatted the card - this could well have removed the key file which will make the display think it is unactivated - I am sure there is a way to check in the config menu if its activated or not, but i'm not proficient in the hardware use on a physical machine so hopefully someone else can point you to that option. If you don't have a backup of that key file, then you might need to reach out to your hardware vendor if you bought it preactivated, or else you can try speaking with lucky1 and he may be able to recover the file for you, or else provide a new activation key.

#2640 1 year ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Hi. I got about 14 screen from Pin_Fandango All when in whiteout a problem. You should ask him About your problem. Good luck.
Pin_Fandango

#2641 1 year ago

Just letting the club know that I have another run of DM alternate translites.

I know some of you guys have supported me and had nice things to say about it.

If there is interest shoot me a DM, I should be able to get them out to you for $120 shipped.

See the gallery for how they look:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/kK9sQqS6cjkZaE6K7

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#2642 1 year ago

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is the correct order of the cars on the left side? Mine has the police car at the bottom, and the other one at the top.

But when I look at images of DM machines, I see examples of the police car at the top as well as the bottom.

#2643 1 year ago

Red Oldsmobile closer to the flippers and then Police car

#2644 1 year ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is the correct order of the cars on the left side? Mine has the police car at the bottom, and the other one at the top.
But when I look at images of DM machines, I see examples of the police car at the top as well as the bottom.

Just think about the movie. Stallone is in the red 442 chasing Snipes in the Police car.

#2645 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Thanks!
The backglass is a mirrored version from cpr.

How much of an improvement does it look? Much more polished look I would imagine. Colors better?

#2646 1 year ago

Thank you for clarifying the car order

I have another question, that maybe you can answer.

I would like to add lighted buttons (blue) to the top of the handles. Is there a writeup somewhere about this? Or does anyone have information about what buttons i need to order that will fit the handles?

Note: i am aware there are finished kits for sale, but as i live in Europe (Denmark) they are way too expensive when VAT and customs fees are added.

#2647 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Just letting the club know that I have another run of DM alternate translites.
I know some of you guys have supported me and had nice things to say about it.
If there is interest shoot me a DM, I should be able to get them out to you for $120 shipped.
See the gallery for how they look:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/kK9sQqS6cjkZaE6K7[quoted image]

Looks Amazing Man!!

#2648 1 year ago

Joined the club!

received_609426850959950 (resized).jpegreceived_609426850959950 (resized).jpegreceived_643685717140476 (resized).jpegreceived_643685717140476 (resized).jpeg
#2649 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Red Oldsmobile closer to the flippers and then Police car

Awesome!!! I thought I put them back together incorrectly after my last cleaning and have been kicking myself for being such a dope. Thank goodness that ‘correcting’ that was low on my pin-to-do list.

#2650 1 year ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Thank you for clarifying the car order
I have another question, that maybe you can answer.
I would like to add lighted buttons (blue) to the top of the handles. Is there a writeup somewhere about this? Or does anyone have information about what buttons i need to order that will fit the handles?
Note: i am aware there are finished kits for sale, but as i live in Europe (Denmark) they are way too expensive when VAT and customs fees are added.

There are a couple posts in this thread with a link to how to install them. I can’t remember how far back, but I used them on mine and it worked perfectly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 72.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 81.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.