(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 63.
#2451 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Would be curious to see how it plays.
I have a protector on my pinbot.. definitely a different experience...I could see demo man bring pretty crazy!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3498499426859515/

I’ll Steam Live tomorrow. I’m not a good player. Lol. But it will give you a look of the game with a PF Protector installed…. I have heard people say that the ball is really not rolling, that it is actually sliding which appears to make it go faster.

#2452 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I’m very Happy with my Playfield Protector. Speeds up the Game and the Shine is amazing to look at.

Might be a dumb question, but did you leave the factory mylar on there under the playfield protector?

#2453 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Might be a dumb question, but did you leave the factory mylar on there under the playfield protector?

yep. looks fine.

#2454 1 year ago

It has beginning signs of planking, original reason why I wanted it PF protected. I'm very happy with it. Completely reversible. Also did BSD for the same reason.

#2455 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

It has beginning signs of planking, original reason why I wanted it PF protected. I'm very happy with it. Completely reversible. Also did BSD for the same reason.

Yeah put one on my TAF due to some planking and insert wear. My Demo man playfield is fine so no need.

#2456 1 year ago

I can understand both sides when it comes to playfield protectors. However, its not for all games imo. Ive seen too often in tournaments that balls get stuck between end of protector and ramp.

Thankfully my dm has a very nice pf and shiny balls.

#2457 1 year ago

I have tried adding the new U6 revision chip to my vulgar setup and my machine just keeps resetting whenever I press a button inside the coin door. If I put my U6 home chip back in I have no problems
Is the chip I’ve received at fault here? Can someone send me a chip they know works in their machine?

#2458 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have tried adding the new U6 revision chip to my vulgar setup and my machine just keeps resetting whenever I press a button inside the coin door. If I put my U6 home chip back in I have no problems
Is the chip I’ve received at fault here? Can someone send me a chip they know works in their machine?

If you are going from production to home, there are a whole bunch of extra sound roms to go in as well.. not sure if you have the complete set?

#2459 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

If you are going from production to home, there are a whole bunch of extra sound roms to go in as well.. not sure if you have the complete set?

I have a complete set of vulgar speech roms I’ve been using for a while. Wanted to update to the Soren code U6 chip only which changes the claw awards in particular but keeps the vulgar speech sounds I already have

#2460 1 year ago

Anyone know where to find part numbers A-18001-2 (the flat spring inside of the handles) and 02-4546 (the button head screws for the handles)?

#2461 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have a complete set of vulgar speech roms I’ve been using for a while. Wanted to update to the Soren code U6 chip only which changes the claw awards in particular but keeps the vulgar speech sounds I already have

Hmm. Yeah that is odd then.
All I can think of is to factory reset and clear memory.
Maybe the rom is faulty?

#2462 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Hmm. Yeah that is odd then.
All I can think of is to factory reset and clear memory.
Maybe the rom is faulty?

I think the rom is faulty - hence asking if anyone can send me one

#2463 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I think the rom is faulty - hence asking if anyone can send me one

Oh yeah.. Must have missed that.

Yeah assuming your pinside location, hopefully someone near you can help... Or if you have access to a programmer maybe you could dump the rom for someone to verify?

#2464 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

When I ordered my updated ROM (version 7.0), I recall I had to specifically ask for the vulgar speach vs the stardard...did you order that one?

#2465 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

When I ordered my updated ROM (version 7.0), I recall I had to specifically ask for the vulgar speach vs the stardard...did you order that one?

Yes I did order the vulgar speech one

#2466 1 year ago

Anyone know a source for a floating eyeball? Everywhere I'm looking is out of stock.

#2468 1 year ago

Need help. My demoman left lower flipper doesn’t stay up when the button is pressed. It flickers up and down a few times and then drops. Any advice would be appreciated as I am new to this hobby. Thanks

#2469 1 year ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Need help. My demoman left lower flipper doesn’t stay up when the button is pressed. It flickers up and down a few times and then drops. Any advice would be appreciated as I am new to this hobby. Thanks

Could be a few things. You need to lift the playfield and check the mechanism. Can take pics and report back here.

#2470 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Could be a few things. You need to lift the playfield and check the mechanism. Can take pics and report back here.

Will do. Thanks

#2471 1 year ago

Does it do it from the trigger handles or only the cab button?

Im gonna say its the opto on the cab button.

#2472 1 year ago

I'd bet you a warm cup of coffee that your diode on that flipper coil needs to be reflowed!
I route mostly B/W pins and that happens!

#2473 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Does it do it from the trigger handles or only the cab button?
Im gonna say its the opto on the cab button.

Both button and handles.

#2474 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

I'd bet you a warm cup of coffee that your diode on that flipper coil needs to be reflowed!
I route mostly B/W pins and that happens!

Ok ill check that. Thanks

#2475 1 year ago
Quoted from epichoff:

I had this on the upper left flipper. Turned out to be a broken pin on the ribbon cable connector on the fliptronics board.

#2476 1 year ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Wire came unsoldered on the coil for the low power..

#2477 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Wire came unsoldered on the coil for the low power..

Wow, you hit the nail on the head. That is exactly what happened. I put the wire back and wrapped
it in electrical tape to test the flipper and it works as it should. I have someone coming to solder it back
next week and check the rest of the solder joints. Thanks again for your help.

#2478 1 year ago

Sometimes I get this.Sound Board Interface Error

I have the latest ROMS with vulgar speech. Seems to be no problem. But I have the credit dot.

#2479 1 year ago

Home made topper...lol.

PXL_20220522_195443126 (resized).jpgPXL_20220522_195443126 (resized).jpg
#2480 1 year ago
Quoted from Sensei:

Home made topper...lol.
[quoted image]

love it.

#2481 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

These are awesome!
Few questions.....
Any chance to do them in Blue?
Also..... does the back side of the top of them leave room for the Williams "W" on the flipper bats? Would be worried they wouldnt sit flat on the bats with the raised letter.

I would do them in any color you like.

Yes, I design all of my Williams flipper toppers (and other brands with raised logos/letter like Data East) with a pocket in them to accommodate the flipper bat logo.

#2482 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I would do them in any color you like.
Yes, I design all of my Williams flipper toppers (and other brands with raised logos/letter like Data East) with a pocket in them to accommodate the flipper bat logo.

Id be interested in a set of blue ones for sure

#2483 1 year ago

Demo Man Ramp Update.

I have completed all 6 molds needed to replace all the vacuum formed pieces on Demo Man. Today I successfully formed 5 of the 6 pieces, the only exception being the large right diverter ramp. I will need to form this one on my larger machine which is currently set up to run the Comet Center ramps. I hope to form the Comet ramps tomorrow and then form the last Demo Man ramp next.

Some of the ramps were quite challenging to make molds for due to the elevation changes and the Cryo-Claw was the most difficult.

Once I have all the pieces formed, I will hand finish all pieces to test fit in my friend's game.

I was given pretty decent original pieces to make my molds from, however I found that virtually all of the pieces were cracked and quite fragile. I will make all 6 pieces with plastic thicker than the originals and I do not anticipate any fitment problems.

Will post photos soon. Had someone request a transparent blue for the Cryo-Claw and will be dying some Space Station ramps in the next couple days, so I'll slip one in.

Thanks to all for your patience!....Mark

#2484 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Demo Man Ramp Update.
I have completed all 6 molds needed to replace all the vacuum formed pieces on Demo Man. Today I successfully formed 5 of the 6 pieces, the only exception being the large right diverter ramp. I will need to form this one on my larger machine which is currently set up to run the Comet Center ramps. I hope to form the Comet ramps tomorrow and then form the last Demo Man ramp next.
Some of the ramps were quit challenging to make molds for due to the elevation changes and the Cryo-Claw was the most difficult.
Once I have all the pieces formed, I will hand finish all pieces to test fit in my friend's game.
I was given pretty decent original pieces to make my molds from, however I found that virtually all of the pieces were cracked and quite fragile. I will make all 6 pieces with plastic thicker than the originals and I do not anticipate any fitment problems.
Will post photos soon. Had someone request a transparent blue for the Cryo-Claw and will be dying some Space Station ramps in the next couple days, so I'll slip one in.
Thanks to all for your patience!....Mark

Exciting update! Thank you for the great products!

#2485 1 year ago

In need of the right side longer metal side wall ramp entrance protector for the upper flipper ramp A-17785. (circled in red)

Or may buy your used entire ramp set-up

fgfgf (resized).jpgfgfgf (resized).jpg
#2486 1 year ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

In need of the right side longer metal side wall ramp entrance protector for the upper flipper ramp A-17785. (circled in red)
[quoted image]

Wow, is yours missing completely?

#2487 1 year ago

If you don’t ever use the 2 regular flipper buttons you may get a Credit Dot. Just learned this myself. Jajajaja.

#2489 1 year ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

[quoted image]

Those protectors are not hard to fabricate. They are generally made from 24 gauge stainless. While my donor for the ramps sent me fully populated ramps, he did not give me the entrance protectors. I'll be a little distracted for this week as the NW Pinball Show is this coming weekend.

I am hand finishing the Car tunnel, left ramp, the center ramp, the subway piece and the Cryo-Claw ramp today. I still need to form and finish the large right diverter ramp. Not sure if I will have time this week to test fit the ramps or if my friend will be available.

But, that said, when I do visit him for the test fittings, if he has the protector you (@GraniteStatePin) need, I will borrow it and make you one.

#2490 1 year ago

Question....

I am hand finishing the car tunnel piece today and discovered something. I was given two car tunnels to use for the molds and just discovered a difference in the two. See attached photo. One tunnel piece has 3 cut-outs in the top and one has four (Fourth circled in red). Not uncommon to see variances in ramps, but given the visibility of this piece, I do not want to cut and extra hole if not necessary.

IMG_1791 (resized).JPGIMG_1791 (resized).JPG
#2491 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Question....
I am hand finishing the car tunnel piece today and discovered something. I was given two car tunnels to use for the molds and just discovered a difference in the two. See attached photo. One tunnel piece has 3 cut-outs in the top and one has four (Fourth circled in red). Not uncommon to see variances in ramps, but given the visibility of this piece, I do not want to cut and extra hole if not necessary.[quoted image]

Weird. I can't see any use for that unless it was a prototype where they had something else in mind?

20220531_151619 (resized).jpg20220531_151619 (resized).jpg
#2492 1 year ago

Thanks... I do not have the actual game here, but are any of the slots in the top of the car tunnel necessary? If not, would sure look cleaner without them.

#2493 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks... I do not have the actual game here, but are any of the slots in the top of the car tunnel necessary? If not, would sure look cleaner without them.

Quoted from Freeplay40:

Only reason I can see would be to test the optos. There is one opto for each car front, and then a standup target at the end of the tunnel. You could sort of test without the slots in front of the cars from the sides.. Top one might be a little tricky from that angle. .

20220531_165446 (resized).jpg20220531_165446 (resized).jpg20220531_165452 (resized).jpg20220531_165452 (resized).jpg
#2494 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Only reason I can see would be to test the optos. There is one opto for each car front, and then a standup target at the end of the tunnel. You could sort of test without the slots in front of the cars from the sides.. Top one might be a little tricky from that angle. . [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks!...Knew there had to be a good reason!

#2495 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

But, that said, when I do visit him for the test fittings, if he has the protector you (GraniteStatePin) need, I will borrow it and make you one.

Thanks so much!

#2496 1 year ago

Just a teaser....Hand finished 5 of the 6 pieces today. Just need to form the large right Diverter ramp which I will do tonight or tomorrow. Once I have all the pieces ready, I will go to a friends to test fit, but that likely won't be until early next week as everyone local is in Pinball Show mode!

IMG_1793 (resized).JPGIMG_1793 (resized).JPG
#2497 1 year ago

2 quick questions for anyone that wants to help. I'm almost totally done reassembling my machine, but for the life of me I can't find where one of the plugs goes! I even labeled the darn thing, but can't find the match. It is made up of 2 green and one white wires coming off of the claw assembly ending in a 2 pin connector. Where does it go?! Any photos would be of great help. Other question is where does the "black rubber bumper grommet" listed as part 23-6535 in the manual go? The diagram gives it label A, but doesn't actually show it anywhere.

20220601_081722 (resized).jpg20220601_081722 (resized).jpg
#2498 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Just a teaser....Hand finished 5 of the 6 pieces today. Just need to form the large right Diverter ramp which I will do tonight or tomorrow. Once I have all the pieces ready, I will go to a friends to test fit, but that likely won't be until early next week as everyone local is in Pinball Show mode!
[quoted image]

Just awesome!

#2499 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

2 quick questions for anyone that wants to help. I'm almost totally done reassembling my machine, but for the life of me I can't find where one of the plugs goes! I even labeled the darn thing, but can't find the match. It is made up of 2 green and one white wires coming off of the claw assembly ending in a 2 pin connector. Where does it go?! Any photos would be of great help. Other question is where does the "black rubber bumper grommet" listed as part 23-6535 in the manual go? The diagram gives it label A, but doesn't actually show it anywhere.[quoted image]

you can determine which switch it goes to by the color wires...look up the switch matrix in the manual and where those two color wires intersect, thats the switch it goes to..most likely a ramp switch on the upper playfield is my guess based on the fact its in a molex connector...Not sure about that bumper you've listed...that part is just a regular metal post bumper no? which diagram are you looking at?

#2500 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

you can determine which switch it goes to by the color wires...look up the switch matrix in the manual and where those two color wires intersect, thats the switch it goes to..most likely a ramp switch on the upper playfield is my guess based on the fact its in a molex connector...Not sure about that bumper you've listed...that part is just a regular metal post bumper no? which diagram are you looking at?

The wires are for the Capture Simon switch, but I can't find where they connect to for the life of me. I actually labeled all of the connections before I took it apart, so it is there somewhere! Really don't want to have to take the whole claw area to pieces.

The diagram I'm looking at is from the manual on page 2-41. Interestingly, there is a seller on ebay with a different diagram that seems to show where the part goes. It looks like an oem diagram, but I can't find it anywhere else. If it a post bumper, why does it only call for 1 when there are 2 metal posts? 30 year old manual typo?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 81.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.