(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 63.
#2351 2 years ago

Its the coil stops.

When you are setting up your flippers, pull them all the way in from under the pf, not from holding the bat, but from pushing in the plunger back against the stop - that will tell you the true stop point.

I would typically say check the linkages, but u listed new ones.

Btw sent you a dm.

#2352 2 years ago

Post pass should be pretty straight forward like any game..? Unless im missing something?

#2353 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Post pass should be pretty straight forward like any game..? Unless im missing something?

So since the right flippers fully extended point is shorter than the left. I can only post pass from left to right, not right to left. That's the issue I'm talking about. I check rubber stoppers, they're good. I check linkage length, they're good. I checked bracket for bending or difference in length, it checks out. Tomorrow or the next day I'm gonna take both coil stops out to check to make sure the wrong stop didn't get put in a kit, I did pick them up at TPF and I noticed a kit I didn't buy was missing the Allen screws so possible a mix up in stops? But I'll also try alignmentml up position, but I feel
Like that would cause ball issued

#2354 2 years ago

Maybe try swapping coil stops if ur taken them out?

#2355 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

I just got the 7.0 ROMs and also the profanity sound. Do you need to go into the menus to activate it? I've noticed some call outs but not a lot.
Thanks!

Yes, there should be a vulgar speech option in the menu. If you get an F-bomb on tilts, you are in the right place

My favourite are the additional callouts during the car chase.

#2356 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I personally think the one that trueno92 made is fantastic. Very happy with how it looks on the game:
[quoted image]

Agreed

#2357 2 years ago

Ok, Who’s Demo Man was at TPF?

#2358 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

So since the right flippers fully extended point is shorter than the left. I can only post pass from left to right, not right to left. That's the issue I'm talking about. I check rubber stoppers, they're good. I check linkage length, they're good. I checked bracket for bending or difference in length, it checks out. Tomorrow or the next day I'm gonna take both coil stops out to check to make sure the wrong stop didn't get put in a kit, I did pick them up at TPF and I noticed a kit I didn't buy was missing the Allen screws so possible a mix up in stops? But I'll also try alignmentml up position, but I feel
Like that would cause ball issued

I'd put my money on the wrong coil stop ...as that determines the stroke of the bat

#2359 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Ok, Who’s Demo Man was at TPF?

Im pretty sure it was cricrow

#2360 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Im pretty sure it was cricrow

It was.

#2361 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I'd put my money on the wrong coil stop ...as that determines the stroke of the bat

I swapped coil stops, same thing persisted so I just re aligned the flipper and got it pretty good. They both have same angle now and both post pass.

#2362 2 years ago

Color dmd lcd installed yesterday. Set it on scan because I thought that looks pretty good. Curious on what other owners have theirs sat at for style, contrast, and backlight.

#2363 2 years ago

Wow BubbaPin this sounds like it's coming together really nice. Get that demotime wizard mode!!

#2364 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Wow BubbaPin this sounds like it's coming together really nice. Get that demotime wizard mode!!

Thanks boss, can't wait for your translites to get in. LAH next to Demo Man with both new translites is gonna look like 90's action movie gold.

#2365 2 years ago

Yes sir!! 90s b-roll! And i thought only i had these two stinkers in the same line in a home line up!

#2366 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Yes sir!! 90s b-roll! And i thought only i had these two stinkers in the same line in a home line up!

Have to disagree.... Neither the Demo Man movie or game are stinkers.

#2367 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Have to disagree.... Neither the Demo Man movie or game are stinkers.

My biggest problem with them is they are... thinking movies pretending to be action movies, or action movies going for a deeply intellectual plot.

Both were so far ahead of their time, the directors couldnt do the respective stories, justice.

#2368 2 years ago

I ended up being bugged by how dirty the orbit was so today I took the ramps out and cleaned them and cleaned the orbit. Grueling process and after I put it back together, they were too fast, the ball would bounce out of the vuk if you hit the left loop shot. So I added alittle adhesive pad and god-damn that vuk shot works great now, no more hitting the extra ball shot and it bouncing out. This game is so fun. After I traded in Spiderman for a new iron maiden I felt like i was missing flow in my line up, but this scratches that itch.

#2369 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

I just got the 7.0 ROMs and also the profanity sound. Do you need to go into the menus to activate it? I've noticed some call outs but not a lot.
Thanks!

Yes you have to turn "Vulgarity" ON in the Adjustments Menu.

#2370 2 years ago

Moved demo man in the house tonight, waiting on the translites for it and Lah. Will post pick when they arrive.

IMG_20220406_000325 (resized).jpgIMG_20220406_000325 (resized).jpg

#2371 2 years ago

This might interest anyone that has a pinsound board in their demo man.

Today I have started making a mix for demoman for pinsound. I'm starting with songs from 93, and I'll see where I end up after. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

#2372 2 years ago

Duran Duran /ordinary world,l my kravits are you gonna go my way,nirvana heart shaped box,all apologies,speech ,depeche mode I feel you,Mr Jones counting crows,soul to squeeze Red Hot Chili Peppers,who am I Snoop dog,Aerosmith livin on the edge ,

Quoted from BubbaPin:This might interest anyone that has a pinsound board in their demo man.
Today I have started making a mix for demoman for pinsound. I'm starting with songs from 93, and I'll see where I end up after. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

#2373 2 years ago

What's your preference for the cryo-claw? I usually go capture Simon first then acmag, then freezelock, though 3 cryo-claws in a game is rare for me...

#2374 2 years ago
Quoted from superjet:

What's your preference for the cryo-claw? I usually go capture Simon first then acmag, then freezelock, though 3 cryo-claws in a game is rare for me...

If I don't have my groove yet, it's Simon or acmag. If I have my groove it's super jets. And I kinda hold on to lock freeze till later. Still trying to figure prison break out, not quite sure what's going on in it

#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from superjet:

With the default rules there is a bit of an exploit with competative play which is going for freeze every time. Def the best strategy on default rules.

If playing with Soren rules enforced, then I think as you do, save the freeze for a later multiball.

Other modes are pretty balanced.. Guess it depends how the particular game is shooting.

#2376 2 years ago

Got the new translites in.

IMG_20220409_165011 (resized).jpgIMG_20220409_165011 (resized).jpgIMG_20220409_165022 (resized).jpgIMG_20220409_165022 (resized).jpg
#2377 2 years ago
Quoted from superjet:

ACMAG, SIMON, LOCK, SUPER JETS, THEN Prison Break for the double AND Demo Time!

#2378 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Noticed the Taco Bell detail, here's a weird fact, in Europe Taco Bell was badly dubbed into Pizza Hut and the logos were all changed in the Europe version of the film... I guess Taco Bell just isn't as popular over here...

#2379 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like thats how they should have come from the factory.

Im biased.

#2380 2 years ago
Quoted from superjet:

Nice! Noticed the Taco Bell detail, here's a weird fact, in Europe Taco Bell was badly dubbed into Pizza Hut and the logos were all changed in the Europe version of the film... I guess Taco Bell just isn't as popular over here...

My thinking about it is tacos are more Mexican (Americas) and pizza is Italian (Europe) to make things relatable to the audience.

#2381 2 years ago

And change of plans y'all. First pinsound package for demoman will be rage against the machine, with bombtrack as the main theme (bombtrack-demolition theme...bombs...demolition...maybe I am the only one that seems the link.) So far it is coming along, got shooter lane music, main theme music, and end of game Easter egg music put in. Will hopefully be done in a weeks time but no guarantees.

#2382 2 years ago

Made alot of progress today, got fortress and museum multiball done, main theme, shooter lane, multiball ready shooter lane, multiball ready, claw, acmag, and maybe something else done.

#2383 2 years ago

Will be uploading a video tonight. If anyone who has a pinsound card is interested, please let me know, and I can maybe use y'all for testing, aswell for ideas for a different mix.

#2385 2 years ago

It is age restricted, and don't know how copyright flagging works, so that may be a issue. It is done on a crap phone, pinsound plus board, going into a sub. We have been drinking. I know I need to add more main themes, and there are music and sfx that need to be done, this is just where I am 'currently.

#2386 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimid34:

Hey,
I just got a DM last week for my first at home pinball purchase!! It is a great game. Have a few newbie questions for anyone out there who has worked on this game before.
1) The MTL lanes at the top of the game. I think the M and L lane wiring is backwards. When you go through the "M" lane, the "L" letter lights up (and visa versa). I looked under the playfield to switch the wires to the MLT lights, but they don't seem long enough to switch. Any other ideas?
2) My leg levelers are REALLY rusty. Put WD40 on them a couple of times, and still can't wrench them free. Any other ideas? I am about to just say screw it, and buy new legs and levelers. Any suggestions so I don't have to lift up this heavy ass game to level it....
3) A couple of the narrow yellow targets (not the round ones), lean over in the holes they are in after some game play. I moved and straightened them up, but they just keep going back. How do you keep these "Centered" in the holes?
4) Above the "Computer" hole, there appears to be some piece missing. Right now there is a clear piece of plastic wedged in there to keep balls from getting stuck in this area. Also, have a couple of cracked plastics (right side above the "Car Chase") and the right side of the playfield before the right loop. Is there a good online place to get spare plastic parts for this game?
5) My cryo-claw does not go all the way to the ATMAG slot, sometimes. I have moved it over to the left a couple of times. Is there a way I should be adjusting this under the playfield so this works 100% of the time, instead of physically moving it into place when this happens?
6) Man, I make a perfect, hard shoot up the left loop for an extra ball or multiball, and sometimes it goes through to the MTL lanes or back down the left loop. Is this normal? Is there something to "adjust" to help this issue?
7) My lockdown bar seems "loose". If you look at the holes and then slide the yellow lever in the coin door area to the closed position, the left bar is nice and long in the hole, but the right one doesn't go in as far. Is there a way to adjust this so the right one works the same as the left bar?
PM me or write here for any advise you may have.
Thanks,
JD

Saw this post and it has a lot of the same issues mine had when I purchased a few weeks ago so I thought I would put in what I did for future people with these issues.

Problem 2: I ended up having to blow torch all of my leg bases and leg levelers to get them out to put new ones in. Thermal expansion will help free these up. One leg base ended up being so bent that the threads were torn and chewed up. So in order to install a new leg levelers I had to go to home Depot and buy a tap bit and a tap handle, then was able to easily rethread it in under a minute. Works great.

Problem 5: my claw would only go barely into the acmag slot, but the ball when dropped would roll in to the lock freeze. Took the claw mech out after doing the diagnostics, the optos were behaving correctly, and everything appeared to be okay, so after screwing with it for hours, I put it back together. Took the claw arm cover off ( two screws) and slightly bent the thin metal arm to the left by hand. Added a washer under the middle screw to the claw award selection bay area. Now it will go down every selection correctly.

Problem 6: had this issue with left loop and center jump ramp shot. Ball going up left loop hard would actually hit the back of the scoop and bounce out going to the pops. Went to hobby lobby they sell these inch/ inch and a half circles with adhesive on the back that are made out of like a rubber/foam material. Put one on the back of the scoop, zero bounce outs coming out of that scoop. As well as my middle shot, balls would bounce out of there going straight down the middle about 50 percent of the time, added two of those pads, now it only happens about 20 percent of the time.

Problem 7: lockdown bar receivers have adjustment screws, screw around with them until it feels right. As well as make sure your two metal tabs under your lock down bar are both straight, one of mine was bent, causing issues.

I'm sure this particular person figured this out years ago, but this is just for anyone that has these same issues. Thanks y'all.

#2387 2 years ago
439750A4-3168-4B8C-9474-D88BD91835BF (resized).png439750A4-3168-4B8C-9474-D88BD91835BF (resized).png
#2388 2 years ago
Quoted from superjet:

Always......... ACMAG, Simon, SuperJets, Freeze, And then that sets up a double before Demolition Time.

Quoted from Phoerber:

ACMAG, SIMON, LOCK, SUPER JETS, THEN Prison Break for the double AND Demo Time!

Same except swap the lock/jets.

#2389 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Always......... ACMAG, Simon, SuperJets, Freeze, And then that sets up a double before Demolition Time.

Same except swap the lock/jets.

Sets up a double what? I'm confused here sorry

#2390 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Sets up a double what? I'm confused here sorry

Upon dropping the ball from the cryo-claw into the Prison Break mode start, if you shoot the ball directly from the upper flipper into the hole just above the u-turn ramp entrance: You double the mode value! "You really licked his ass!!!" ...gotta love Sandy. Hit me up if you need a set of profanity chips!

#2391 2 years ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

Upon dropping the ball from the cryo-claw into the Prison Break mode start, if you shoot the ball directly from the upper flipper into the hole just above the u-turn ramp entrance: You double the mode value! "You really licked his ass!!!" ...gotta love Sandy. Hit me up if you need a set of profanity chips!

Or hit the side ramp for triple

#2392 2 years ago

Hi guys! Just joined the club today!
Im looking for a set of inlane plastics that lead to the flippers… this pin is missing them for some reason.
Im not picky of condition at the moment, just want to get it back to stock look.
Shoot me a pm if you have any, i will buy them.

Thx!

04944FA4-DB27-492F-A2DD-0630ABC6511B (resized).jpeg04944FA4-DB27-492F-A2DD-0630ABC6511B (resized).jpeg
#2393 2 years ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

Did not know that thanks! I have the profanity chips

#2394 2 years ago

I have a demo man with white borders around the inserts instead of the orange, (see pic).
Anyone know why this pin would have this?

51B69C15-0155-444D-A4BB-91049E76CD13 (resized).jpeg51B69C15-0155-444D-A4BB-91049E76CD13 (resized).jpeg
#2395 2 years ago

Sun fade.

Dont worry about it.
I have only seen 1 dm where the inserts were a deep lush magenta red... most were kinda magenta pink from subtle sun fade.

#2396 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I have a demo man with white borders around the inserts instead of the orange, (see pic).
[quoted image]

I have no idea.... have never seen one...... but I want it!!!!!! Looks pretty cool.

#2397 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

[quoted image]

Early production games did not have numbers on the inserts under the matchbox cars. So maybe a prototype or a printing error. If it was faded, it would be more consistent and the orange colors adjacent to those rings would also be faded.

#2398 2 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Early production games did not have numbers on the inserts under the matchbox cars. So maybe a prototype or a printing error. If it was faded, it would be more consistent and the orange colors adjacent to those rings would also be faded.

Looks like a proto then…

6D743E3B-9A62-4DB2-B44A-1014B5A79DC1 (resized).jpeg6D743E3B-9A62-4DB2-B44A-1014B5A79DC1 (resized).jpeg
#2399 2 years ago

Glad its NOT FADE!!!

#2400 1 year ago

Ordered a set of pinsound speakers and sub to put in my IM, hated how they sounded in there. So popped the sub in DM and replaced the little 2 inch tweeter in the head with one of the pinsound four inch. Left the 5 inch stock speaker because I can't retrofit the other 4 inch in there. Turned it on with pinsound. Sounds fantastic, that pinsound cabinet speaker with the pinsound board almost eliminates the need for a external sub it's that juicy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 81.95
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.95
$ 85.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.