(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,481 posts
  • 387 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 135 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20220522_195443126 (resized).jpg
20220507_215126 (resized).jpg
20220507_174728 (resized).jpg
F9602852-6257-4D93-922E-73167ECBEEDF (resized).png
demomandplastic (resized).png
1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220414_201554 (resized).jpg
A0827A1C-1332-45C7-B718-2F4AC0AA69A8 (resized).jpeg
D3A03DE8-15A1-43AC-AF8B-07D367234274 (resized).jpeg
B44E07DC-9A18-4ABD-AC2A-468C5F1A999E (resized).jpeg
6D743E3B-9A62-4DB2-B44A-1014B5A79DC1 (resized).jpeg
51B69C15-0155-444D-A4BB-91049E76CD13 (resized).jpeg
04944FA4-DB27-492F-A2DD-0630ABC6511B (resized).jpeg
439750A4-3168-4B8C-9474-D88BD91835BF (resized).png
IMG_20220409_165011 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220409_165022 (resized).jpg

There are 2,481 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 50.
#2201 4 months ago

My game can make both ramps from both flippers . Can even back hand both ramps . Williams games had some of the best flippers ever . Your game set up to steep ?

#2202 4 months ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

My game can make both ramps from both flippers . Can even back hand both ramps . Williams games had some of the best flippers ever . Your game set up to steep ?

I did some testing and it seems ok. I must have been slightly off target yesterday.

#2203 4 months ago

Does anyone have the plastic to the right of the cars they'd like to sell? The game I just purchased has a clear plastic halfway down where it cracked. Thanks

IMG_20220119_202945059 (resized).jpg
#2204 4 months ago
Quoted from billsgto:

Does anyone have the plastic to the right of the cars they'd like to sell? The game I just purchased has a clear plastic halfway down where it cracked. Thanks
[quoted image]

Can buy it from PPS.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1919-16&Category_Code=GS-662

#2207 4 months ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Can you guys make the ramps from a hold, especially the right ramp? See like even with a clean shot it doesn't make it. Need momentum coming in. I rebuilt the flippers but not the coils, no change.

You should be able to make each of the ramps from hold easily on DM. My DM is cranked to the highest possible angle and the ball flies up both ramps no issue.

Check the manual to be sure you have stock coils. If someone swapped in weaker coils, that would be the issue.

The most common issues after a rebuild:

1. The flippers are not gapped correctly and mounted too tight to the playfield

2. There is a misalignment of the plunger and coil/sleeve. This happens when the coil stop plate and/or coil mounting plate has play and is not mounted perpendicular to the plunger. You can check your old coil sleeves (maybe even the new ones) to see if there are wear points inside. You can also flick the flippers with the PF up to see if there is any resistance. I always flick them and activate them with the PF up after any adjustments.

3. Possible weak solder connections. This is far less common, but be sure the wires connected to the coils are freshly cut and stripped. Sometimes parts of the braid break off and you're only soldering half the wire. If you over-solder the connections, they are often weak connections, where the large chunks of solder "pancake" together. A good tug will pull these joints apart.

You can also check here: https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Common_Flipper_Troubleshooting#Weak_flipper

#2208 4 months ago
Quoted from westcoastbrian:

I'm laughing because I just bought this plastic from them.

I also bought this recently. The first one was shipped broken. They sent another. Very common to break. Plastic protector is available for this peice. Good luck!

35024D22-E80D-4A38-8BA4-97C9A01F1774 (resized).jpeg
#2209 4 months ago

Just got a Demolition Man table. Pumped, its my first pin. glad to be a part of the club

#2210 4 months ago
Quoted from pensacolapinball:

Just got a Demolition Man table. Pumped, its my first pin. glad to be a part of the club

Amazing first pin to get. Congratulations and enjoy! Great first pin, since it is one you can learn with, and one that many very experienced players enjoy playing as well.

#2211 3 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I also bought this recently. The first one was shipped broken. They sent another. Very common to break. Plastic protector is available for this peice. Good luck!
[quoted image]

I left the nut off at the back so I dont need to remove all the ramps to get it off if I need to.

#2212 3 months ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I left the nut off at the back so I dont need to remove all the ramps to get it off if I need to.

Nicely done.

#2213 3 months ago

All solenoids quit on my game. Game starts but no ball will dislodge, ran solenoid test and nothing from any of them. Replaced all fuses and still nothing. any one have a clue to why its happening?

#2214 3 months ago

Is your coin door closed when you're testing?, If so and you've changed ALL the fuses, I would specifically check the fuse associated with the solenoids themselves...are you sure the fuse didn't blow again when you put a new one in? use a meter to check continunity...Do you have all your led's lit on the Power driver board? (except that one-can't recall what number it is 3?)Check all your main voltages...

#2215 3 months ago

thanks, it was the coin door switch, disables all high power if not pushed in when door is shut. Thanks

#2216 3 months ago

New translite AMA

37B5C732-8250-4F8A-BFA2-BEA3653B1683 (resized).jpeg
#2217 3 months ago
Quoted from swayzewaters:

New translite AMA
[quoted image]

Nice! Mine attached.

16433341547183215632195888674933 (resized).jpg
#2218 3 months ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Nice! Mine attached.
[quoted image]

Nice. You design it or buy it somewhere? I wish I had a good illustrator.

#2219 3 months ago
Quoted from swayzewaters:

Nice. You design it or buy it somewhere? I wish I had a good illustrator.

Ebay I think.

#2220 3 months ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Nice! Mine attached.
[quoted image]

Looks great! I ordered the same one a few days ago on eBay, I can't wait to get it.

#2221 3 months ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Nice! Mine attached.
[quoted image]

I want this.

1 week later
#2222 3 months ago

How many degrees of pitch do you have your playfield set at? Have mine at 7.2 at the flippers but feels a bit floaty.

#2223 3 months ago

Anyone want to see this alternate translite happen?

Including shipping to usa would be $120.. same solid quality as my other translites.

20220209_103627 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220131-215206_Photos (resized).jpg
#2224 3 months ago

Cool, Gotta have Williams Logo. I understand It’s a License issue. Nice.

#2225 3 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Including shipping to usa would be $120.. same solid quality as my other translites. [quoted image][quoted image]

Put me in for one that looks fantastic.

I had your LAH alt translight and the quality was top notch.

#2226 3 months ago

…add me for the Translite shipped to Texas. Thanks.

#2227 3 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Including shipping to usa would be $120.. same solid quality as my other translites. [quoted image][quoted image]

I just bought another translite last week, I wish I would have seen this first. Great work!

#2228 3 months ago

Thanks for the feedback, gents. I'm still massaging it a bit and ill incorporate the logo! It definitely suits the highlights of the game and i think you seasoned vets would approve!

#2229 3 months ago

Thanks for the feedback, gents. I'm still massaging it a bit and ill incorporate the logo! It definitely suits the highlights of the game and i think you seasoned vets would approve!<

Nice!

#2231 3 months ago

No buy-in's, 3 ball, factory settings, LX-4. Ima go take a nap now.... Sorry for the crap photo, btw.

demohs (resized).jpg
#2232 3 months ago

Sensei : I never was able to find a way to use the profanity option on anything but the home free-play ROM. LX-4 does not have the vulgarity setting...

#2233 3 months ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

Sensei : I never was able to find a way to use the profanity option on anything but the home free-play ROM. LX-4 does not have the vulgarity setting...

Hmmm, pretty sure I have the LX-4 Rom, and I have it...had to replace all the sound roms mind you...9 in total as I recall...

#2234 3 months ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

No buy-in's, 3 ball, factory settings, LX-4. Ima go take a nap now.... Sorry for the crap photo, btw.
[quoted image]

Crap photo.

BUT THAT SCORE!!!! OMG!

#2235 3 months ago

Ok, the order has gone to the printer for the alternative translite. If you are interested, please send me a pm with your shipping address details.

#2236 3 months ago

Anyone add some blue lighting to the back of their DM?

Whats the best way to do this? I want to keep the flashers and I like the look of the backlight.

Demolition man mods (resized).jpeg
#2237 3 months ago

I added Comet matrix strip LED's in the back and also in the trough...it makes a huge difference.

IMG_20220131_173836271 (resized).jpg
#2238 3 months ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I added Comet matrix strip LED's in the back and also in the trough...it makes a huge difference.
[quoted image]

Any problems with keeping all that lit? I added the topper and undercarriage lighting and the fuse kept blowing. So now I just run the topper.

#2239 3 months ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Any problems with keeping all that lit? I added the topper and undercarriage lighting and the fuse kept blowing. So now I just run the topper.

So far, so good. I have added auxillary power supplies to machines in the past, mostly Data East (Star Wars and Last Action Hero). You might want to look into one of those to help take some of the load off the main power supply.

#2240 3 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Anyone add some blue lighting to the back of their DM?
Whats the best way to do this? I want to keep the flashers and I like the look of the backlight.
[quoted image]

I ran a strip of blue leds in the girder itself. It keeps the flashers in there.

Lemme see if i have a video of the nonsense i did...

Ah ok this was from 3 yrs ago!

#2241 3 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

I ran a strip of blue leds in the girder itself. It keeps the flashers in there.
Lemme see if i have a video of the nonsense i did...
Ah ok this was from 3 yrs ago!

Wow that looks fantastic! Love the illuminated scoops too.

#2242 3 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Wow that looks fantastic! Love the illuminated scoops too.

Quoted from billsgto:

[quoted image]

Lookin sweet

CashMoney, lemme know if u have questions on the led strip. U can tap it into the gi bulbs on the opposite side of the claw

#2243 3 months ago

Went to a buddies house and saw it for real

20220218_162646 (resized).jpg
#2244 3 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Went to a buddies house and saw it for real
[quoted image]

Looks amazing, can't wait for mine.

#2245 3 months ago

Can anyone confirm if the Capture Simon hole by the claw has an arm on the switch (the switch in the hole).

I had 2 switch errors (it was just a connector issue I believe) but noticed there's no arm on the switch....maybe since it's too tight and the ball hits the yellow switch button directly? Seems to register fine when playing but let me know if I need to attach an arm to the switch please! Thanks

20220219_131749 (resized).jpg

#2246 3 months ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Can anyone confirm if the Capture Simon hole by the claw has an arm on the switch (the switch in the hole).
I had 2 switch errors (it was just a connector issue I believe) but noticed there's no arm on the switch....maybe since it's too tight and the ball hits the yellow switch button directly? Seems to register fine when playing but let me know if I need to attach an arm to the switch please! Thanks
[quoted image]

Definitely should have arm.

#2247 3 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Definitely should have arm.

Thank you. I had added one to an order this morning assuming thats the case. Strange it registers unless it starts that mode another way or its still hitting it? Doubt it's hitting it but I guess whi cares lol... I'll throw one on . Thanks again

#2248 3 months ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

[quoted image]

Definitely suppose to have an arm. Probably laying in the subway or the bottom of the cabinet.

#2249 89 days ago
8F6DFF32-3F5A-4B06-B2B9-2CF7D0C85E57 (resized).jpeg
#2250 87 days ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Definitely suppose to have an arm. Probably laying in the subway or the bottom of the cabinet.

I checked all over lol. Stuck a magnetic tool in there too. Just bent and cut an arm to match the original and stuck it on. Thanks for the input though

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 447.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
There are 2,481 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!