(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 63.
#2151 2 years ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Thanks, looking for used if possible

I was looking all over a few months ago, good luck!

#2152 2 years ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Anybody have used plastics, looking for no cracks/chips. Picture shows the 5 that I need circled in red. thanks -A

I may have one or more of those. I'll have to check.

#2153 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I may have one or more of those. I'll have to check.

Where where you 2 months ago!! lol.

#2154 2 years ago

I just joined the club! The game came really dirty and a few plastics broken. It cleaned up nicely but I'm having trouble finding any plastics. Does anybody have these two plastics I can buy?

demo_man (resized).jpegdemo_man (resized).jpeg
#2155 2 years ago

Is it normal the right ramp when not shot over the top in 98% leads to STDM ? or is there an adjustment to make?

#2156 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Is it normal the right ramp when not shot over the top in 98% leads to STDM ? or is there an adjustment to make?

Mine is the same.

#2157 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

I've developed a 'shimmy' I do back and forth as the ball rolls back down which can often get it to the tip of a flipper, but, yeah, it's deadly

#2158 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've developed a 'shimmy' I do back and forth as the ball rolls back down which can often get it to the tip of a flipper, but, yeah, it's deadly

As Simon says... "too bad". lol

#2159 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

As Simon says... "too bad". lol

Mine he says..... "OH NO OH NO!!! " lol

#2160 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

It means you will need to work on your nudgeing skills.

#2161 2 years ago

Can't imagine it was designed that way with this intention. Had similar issues on my Whirlwind but there were some screws helping out to fix it

#2162 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Weak flipper coils.

#2163 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Removed the transmitter board, more optos than expected ! (7) Cleaned it up and everything works now ! thx

I only just learned this myself because my IJPA is as doing something similar and I think it may even use the same trough opto boards

#2164 2 years ago

is anyone in need of an elevator motor (part no. 14-7993)? I was helping a guy clear out a bunch of flyers, manuals and other assorted odds-n-ends and found a box of 19 NOS motors.

these sell for $112 on marco's specialties, but I'd be willing to let them go for $50 ea (plus shipping)

pm me if you're interested

#2165 2 years ago

(Update: Spoken For) XMAS Gift: Free DM Playfield Plastic

Hi all,
I had a hard time finding this small playfield part and frankly didn't even know it was missing on my DM for quite a while. Well I lucked into two of them in a bigger package deal.

If you are missing this playfield plastic as well then this one is yours. First pm will get it and I'll mail it to you as a little Xmas gift.

Thanks to the kind pinsiders that have helped me numerous times.

Merry XMAS,
Chris

20211212_142116 (resized).jpg20211212_142116 (resized).jpg20211212_142132 (resized).jpg20211212_142132 (resized).jpg

#2166 2 years ago

Just a mention for this new Pinsound mix, though I can't seem to be able to download it for some reason
https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/topic/922-demolition-man-all-music-redone/

#2167 2 years ago

Incase anyone wants to join the club...

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Demolition Man Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Good Day Everyone, Looking to move on from my Demo Man. Everything works, game is LED'd. Far left 'Freeze' insert is lifted a little, the plastic by the car is broken at the end...”
2022-01-24
Boston, MA
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 778 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 week later
#2169 2 years ago

I know it’s a long shot but is there any chance at getting the “Demo man on Steroids” software upgrade package?

I already reached out to the people that originally made it and never heard anything back. Checking here, thanks!

#2170 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I know it’s a long shot but is there any chance at getting the “Demo man on Steroids” software upgrade package?
I already reached out to the people that originally made it and never heard anything back. Checking here, thanks!

I doubt you can find it BUT I believe there’s a Demo on Steroids for sale at Little Shop of Games in Lutz, FL

#2171 2 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I doubt you can find it BUT I believe there’s a Demo on Steroids for sale at Little Shop of Games in Lutz, FL

Thanks I’ll reach out to them.

#2173 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I've worked on a couple of these and it's a lot of parts and wiring to make it work.

#2174 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/127139

Quoted from CashMoney:

It would appear you have good timing!

#2175 2 years ago

Ha! I guess I’ll have to see if he’s willing to ship it. That’s a long drive from VA to CA.

#2177 2 years ago

Interesting Cryo Claw problem:

So a couple years ago the claw started to give me intermittent problems. The machine would boot up and throw a claw motor error. The Claw was very very slow on startup.

Note that this machine has a 1 year old Rottendog power driver board that has eliminated a lot of problems on this machine (the old board was a mess) so I am pretty certain that is not the problem. The problem existed on the old board, and the new (though it was a little better under the new one).

HOWEVER, I quickly found a workaround. I would go into the Cryo Claw test menu, move it left, then right, a few times. Eventually it would "unstick" and move at the appropriate speed. Then I could turn the machine off, back on again, and BAM no claw problems until I turned the machine off again for a long enough time.

Eventually, though, this stopped working well.

So I ordered a replacement motor board (the one that goes under the playfield). Installed that.

Now I have similar problem... but it goes like this:

The claw moves just a little slower than it ought to, but not slow enough to fail the test. I don't have to do the left/right thing in test (that doesn't help or hurt). But because it's just *slightly* slower than it should be, when I play the game and hit the claw shot, the claw takes slightly too long to get over to the elevator area, the elevator never trips, and the game goes into an infinite ball search loop. Then on reboot, throws a claw motor test error.

I am curious if anyone else has had the claw move just a hair too slow - enough to cause timing issues with it - and what the solution might have been?

#2178 2 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

Interesting Cryo Claw problem:
So a couple years ago the claw started to give me intermittent problems. The machine would boot up and throw a claw motor error. The Claw was very very slow on startup.
Note that this machine has a 1 year old Rottendog power driver board that has eliminated a lot of problems on this machine (the old board was a mess) so I am pretty certain that is not the problem. The problem existed on the old board, and the new (though it was a little better under the new one).
HOWEVER, I quickly found a workaround. I would go into the Cryo Claw test menu, move it left, then right, a few times. Eventually it would "unstick" and move at the appropriate speed. Then I could turn the machine off, back on again, and BAM no claw problems until I turned the machine off again for a long enough time.
Eventually, though, this stopped working well.
So I ordered a replacement motor board (the one that goes under the playfield). Installed that.
Now I have similar problem... but it goes like this:
The claw moves just a little slower than it ought to, but not slow enough to fail the test. I don't have to do the left/right thing in test (that doesn't help or hurt). But because it's just *slightly* slower than it should be, when I play the game and hit the claw shot, the claw takes slightly too long to get over to the elevator area, the elevator never trips, and the game goes into an infinite ball search loop. Then on reboot, throws a claw motor test error.
I am curious if anyone else has had the claw move just a hair too slow - enough to cause timing issues with it - and what the solution might have been?

Not sure but maybe needs cleaning at this point. Could try taking it apart and cleaning everything. Or he'll at that point just replace the hardware. It's pretty old now.

#2179 2 years ago

Got my buttons in today. They look and feel great in my hand at least before I put them in. Going to do a shop job on my DM over the next week or so and I'll get them installed then.

20220103_103309_HDR (resized).jpg20220103_103309_HDR (resized).jpg20220103_103311 (resized).jpg20220103_103311 (resized).jpg
#2180 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Got my buttons in today. They look and feel great in my hand at least before I put them in. Going to do a shop job on my DM over the next week or so and I'll get them installed then.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love mine! They look so good installed.

2C93DBAF-FF69-44A2-BCA9-5D3B6F13956F (resized).jpeg2C93DBAF-FF69-44A2-BCA9-5D3B6F13956F (resized).jpeg47D0AF33-ECB5-46EC-AA61-914364294DF8 (resized).jpeg47D0AF33-ECB5-46EC-AA61-914364294DF8 (resized).jpeg6BE3B6B9-EE66-450D-BBDF-338A3AE0D5E2 (resized).jpeg6BE3B6B9-EE66-450D-BBDF-338A3AE0D5E2 (resized).jpeg
#2181 2 years ago

I just chromed my handles and they should add a nice touch. Lockdown bar as well Chrome.

#2182 2 years ago

Agreed, this is one of a handful of mods that look like it should have been there from the start!

#2183 2 years ago

She’s coming along.

0B273925-0726-41A3-B099-A003BEB0FB71 (resized).jpeg0B273925-0726-41A3-B099-A003BEB0FB71 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2184 2 years ago

Got New buttons installed in the triggers, did a test play and game has a strange problem where the left flippers are strong with the trigger, but they are laggy and lethargic with the cabinet flipper button. I blew a transistor for the start button lights while investigating the flipper button so I have some tip107 transistors coming to fix that, I need to investigate the flipper issue more to determine the cause of sluggishness. Any Ideas?

#2185 2 years ago

Hi all, replacing a switch arm, this yellow wire broke loose. I'm guessing it goes to the end switch, middle position but can anyone confirm? This is the switches under the claw for the ball drop.

20220115_135319 (resized).jpg20220115_135319 (resized).jpg20220115_135330 (resized).jpg20220115_135330 (resized).jpg20220115_135342 (resized).jpg20220115_135342 (resized).jpg
#2186 2 years ago

I've wanted this machine for a while, I finally got one and I'm happy to be in this club! I ordered the Lasserific topper and gameblades from Tilt Graphics. Are there any other recommended mods?

IMG_20220114_193526369 (resized).jpgIMG_20220114_193526369 (resized).jpg
#2187 2 years ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I've wanted this machine for a while, I finally got one and I'm happy to be in this club! I ordered the Lasserific topper and gameblades from Tilt Graphics. Are there any other recommended mods?
[quoted image]

Don't go nuts on LED add on mods or you could end up blowing fuses. At least I did with topper and under cab lights. But button lights for handles and flipper leds are nice. Pingulp. Alternate translite. Invisiglass. Chrome the handles.

#2188 2 years ago
Quoted from billsgto:

[quoted image]

ColorDMD & Profanity ROMS

#2189 2 years ago

billsgoto - now find out why you have a credit dot ?

#2190 2 years ago

I picked up a nice DM but am having an aggravating problem with the right ramp diverter not staying open to access the claw. The diverter opens but closes after about 10 seconds. If I move it manually back to the open position it will stay there for another 10 seconds or so before closing again.

I'm not sure about the logic of the game. Is the diverter suppose to close if the claw isn't accessed and reopen when the lower ramp entry switch is activated?

The diverter coil voltages, windings and wiring to the power driver board are all good, and the diverter moves freely. The ramp switches also register fine. When I ground the tab of the hold power transistor it sounds like the coil is pulsing but the diverter doesn't move. The diverter moves slightly when activating hold power in test mode.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

#2191 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Yeah. I was pretty happy with the home roms. Not just profanity, quite a few extra little sound clips.

Also Soren patch is good to have on it as well, if you like a more balanced competition etc.

#2192 2 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

billsgoto - now find out why you have a credit dot ?

Credit dot?

#2193 2 years ago

Only us old Bally / Willams guys know what a Credit Dot is . And it's right in front of your face and I can see it from here !

#2194 2 years ago

The period after free play. If you go to reports in the menu system it will tell you why. However for demo man If you don't use the flipper buttons because why would you it will show up after like 50 balls. Useless to keep clearing that one. But could be something else as well. I had 4 switches I had to fix recently.

#2195 2 years ago

Prob eye ball target or thumb buttons on the triggers.

#2196 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I have a set of profanity roms as well as the home U6 CPU rom, not my cup o' tea.

$50 shipped. PM me. 9 chips total. 10% to pinside.

dm (resized).jpgdm (resized).jpg
#2197 2 years ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

I have a set of profanity roms as well as the home U6 CPU rom, not my cup o' tea.
$50 shipped. PM me. 9 chips total. 10% to pinside.
[quoted image]

I already have them, can’t the profanity be switched off in settings?

#2198 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I already have them, can’t the profanity be switched off in settings?

Yes, that is true. I just went back to bone stock as a personal preference. My set is spoken for, thanks to all who responded.

#2199 2 years ago

Can you guys make the ramps from a hold, especially the right ramp? See like even with a clean shot it doesn't make it. Need momentum coming in. I rebuilt the flippers but not the coils, no change.

#2200 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Can you guys make the ramps from a hold, especially the right ramp? See like even with a clean shot it doesn't make it. Need momentum coming in. I rebuilt the flippers but not the coils, no change.

Yes, mine is set up so I can make the ramps with good power from a clean shot when held. Definitely easiest actually. Although getting control is the tricky part on this title, so most shots are off the fly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 81.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 72.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.