(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 63.
#2101 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Are the profanity Roms worth it?

Not in my opinion.

#2102 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Very Very Very much so

#2103 2 years ago

I prefer it without the profanity roms. They seem more like a joke. Funny for five minutes or to show your friends, but

#2104 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I prefer it without the profanity roms. They seem more like a joke. Funny for five minutes or to show your friends, but

Another owner that feels the same way ... its too novelty esp when the rest of the sound package is kinda meh to make it worth while.

#2105 2 years ago

Having actual Wesley Snipes tell you to go fuck yourself when you get a tilt warning is pretty funny...

But yeah, other than that, more of a novelty that loses it's pizazz after a few minutes.

#2106 2 years ago

Well., looks likes it quickly reversible.

So taking other peoples’ word for it, where I can’t vouch for the accuracy, basically the only difference between H5 and H6 is the profanity….

H5 is just the upgraded audio sample quality without profanity

H6 is the upgraded audio with profanity.

They use the same sound roms to perform the “audio upgrade”, but instead of it being a selectable thing in the options, H5 just never calls the profanity.

So if you decided down the road to remove the profanity, you could buy just the H5 CPU and not have to buy the huge set again next time.

Quoted from a fairly reliable source that wishes to be anonymous in case this is bullshit. LOL

#2107 2 years ago

Finally put a pin2dmd in mine,

I brought this machine back and did the restore as my first dmd. Hv section was out and i put in a 5v red stern display for a couple years and it developed a couple lines for a yr or so after that.. been wanting to go pin2dmd for a while and just got it installed tonight.
20211004_200954_1_1 (resized).png20211004_200954_1_1 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211004-215355_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211004-215355_Gallery (resized).jpg

Dots are a bit more interesting to look at now lol

#2108 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Finally put a pin2dmd in mine,
I brought this machine back and did the restore as my first dmd. Hv section was out and i put in a 5v red stern display for a couple years and it developed a couple lines for a yr or so after that.. been wanting to go pin2dmd for a while and just got it installed tonight.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Dots are a bit more interesting to look at now lol

Look good.

#2109 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Well., looks likes it quickly reversible.
So taking other peoples’ word for it, where I can’t vouch for the accuracy, basically the only difference between H5 and H6 is the profanity….
H5 is just the upgraded audio sample quality without profanity
H6 is the upgraded audio with profanity.
They use the same sound roms to perform the “audio upgrade”, but instead of it being a selectable thing in the options, H5 just never calls the profanity.
So if you decided down the road to remove the profanity, you could buy just the H5 CPU and not have to buy the huge set again next time.
Quoted from a fairly reliable source that wishes to be anonymous in case this is bullshit. LOL

There is an option to turn it off in the menu....there is also the "FUCK YOU" on the display, which I guess is built into the game rom...I like it...but its pricey if you don't have a burner... I think 9 roms altogether when you're done...

#2110 2 years ago

Yah if its going all 9 roms, id want more background music as well and more call outs.

Blows me away they actually flew out to meet sly and snipes and record this stuff in person, feels like less than 10 call outs made it into the game and they cribbed everything else from the movie....

#2111 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Yah if its going all 9 roms, id want more background music as well and more call outs.
Blows me away they actually flew out to meet sly and snipes and record this stuff in person, feels like less than 10 call outs made it into the game and they cribbed everything else from the movie....

Someone needs to do a Pinsound mix for this machine....right now not worth it for the stock sounds...

Btw...anyone know how many machines were given away by William's to the producers?...I picked this one up last year from a pinsider

20211005_095616 (resized).jpg20211005_095616 (resized).jpg
#2112 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Someone needs to do a Pinsound mix for this machine....right now not worth it for the stock sounds...
Btw...anyone know how many machines were given away by William's to the producers?...I picked this one up last year from a pinsider[quoted image]

Saundra Bullock is still waiting to get hers lol

#2113 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Saundra Bullock is still waiting to get hers lol

Yeah I saw that video clip...too funny

#2114 2 years ago

Hey, I just joined the Demolition Man Pin club.

I’m expect you to laugh. I was highest bidder at the Museum of Pinball auction. I spent the last two weeks cleaning up the game, and fixing small problems. Took a picture of it set up today.

I loved this game since college. Every day in between classes I would be on the game trying to get a guy name Ben off the top score list and of course he would try to remove mine. I believe by the end we were up near 200 Billion. We also played 2 player when we had the same off period.

I’m not as good as I used to be. My best score in the last 2 weeks is only 5 billion.

I still have one issue. The dmd keeps freezing up on me. Any ideas where to look?

FF5E084B-A334-4419-9F07-2FDF1EF80793 (resized).jpegFF5E084B-A334-4419-9F07-2FDF1EF80793 (resized).jpeg
#2115 2 years ago
Quoted from westcoastbrian:

Hey, I just joined the Demolition Man Pin club.
I’m expect you to laugh. I was highest bidder at the Museum of Pinball auction. I spent the last two weeks cleaning up the game, and fixing small problems. Took a picture of it set up today.
I loved this game since college. Every day in between classes I would be on the game trying to get a guy name Ben off the top score list and of course he would try to remove mine. I believe by the end we were up near 200 Billion. We also played 2 player when we had the same off period.
I’m not as good as I used to be. My best score in the last 2 weeks is only 5 billion.
I still have one issue. The dmd keeps freezing up on me. Any ideas where to look?[quoted image]

Not gonna laugh at you. I will say, get connected with some local collectors and you will find some deals. I have had many issues that I worked through but I am not qualified to help out. If no one chimes in with some help go here and read through the sections that pertain to your issue. This site has helped me many times.

https://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wpc/index3.htm

#2116 2 years ago

Handles look good.. and hey - you bought it for the right reasons/memories.

2 weeks later
#2117 2 years ago

Joined this fine establishment over the weekend and I am STOKED! Game is filthy (just the way I like em'!) had a ground row short (found the source), ultimately needed a new U20 (thankfully socketed), multiple broken connections and well - the usual. I've taken care of all the operational issues except one...

The cryoclaw *was* working fine initially, then developed a magnet broken error. Basically everything checks out in test, except the magnet fails both at start up and in test. I suspect another continuity fault but want to better understand how to troubleshoot this.

I'm getting what looks to be no power at the coil lugs when in test - something like .431 vdc. From what I can tell the magnet is driven off the Fliptronics II board so my next step is to look for any connection breaks between the board and the magnet. Voltages seem to be correct coming off the fliptronics II as I get 60.2 vdc @ J907-6.

I disconnected the terminals from the coil magnet and buzzed the resistance and it checked out at 92 ohms; 20+ years I have yet to run across a bad magnet so that streak continues..

Question, because I don't have the Cryo assy apart and can't really tell: Is there a stop between the Fliptronics board and the magnet?

Any of you run ever run into this? westcoastbrian are you in the Seattle area?

Sorry in advance if I am missing the obvious, really appreciate any insights or at least if I am on the right track.

Pete Hoerber - Seattle

#2118 2 years ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

Joined this fine establishment over the weekend and I am STOKED! Game is filthy (just the way I like em'!) had a ground row short (found the source), ultimately needed a new U20 (thankfully socketed), multiple broken connections and well - the usual. I've taken care of all the operational issues except one...
The cryoclaw *was* working fine initially, then developed a magnet broken error. Basically everything checks out in test, except the magnet fails both at start up and in test. I suspect another continuity fault but want to better understand how to troubleshoot this.
I'm getting what looks to be no power at the coil lugs when in test - something like .431 vdc. From what I can tell the magnet is driven off the Fliptronics II board so my next step is to look for any connection breaks between the board and the magnet. Voltages seem to be correct coming off the fliptronics II as I get 60.2 vdc @ J907-6.
I disconnected the terminals from the coil magnet and buzzed the resistance and it checked out at 92 ohms; 20+ years I have yet to run across a bad magnet so that streak continues..
Question, because I don't have the Cryo assy apart and can't really tell: Is there a stop between the Fliptronics board and the magnet?
Sorry in advance if I am missing the obvious, really appreciate any insights or at least if I am on the right track.
Pete Hoerber - Seattle

welcome

#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

Pete Hoerber - Seattle

UPDATE: So the after checking continuity being good from the board to the magnet, for gits and shiggles I decided to throw a ball in the elevator cradle and fire the game back up. On the second pass, the magnet picked the ball up and dropped it at the completion of the left arm swing. The claw kept going though and after 6 passes, called it quits and threw the magnet broken dot. So, obviously whatever indicates the magnet is good isn't registering. I'll update more as I eliminate possibilities. Any advice on taking the Cryo assy off the PF or has anyone had this issue?

#2120 2 years ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

UPDATE: So the after checking continuity being good from the board to the magnet, for gits and shiggles I decided to throw a ball in the elevator cradle and fire the game back up. On the second pass, the magnet picked the ball up and dropped it at the completion of the left arm swing. The claw kept going though and after 6 passes, called it quits and threw the magnet broken dot. So, obviously whatever indicates the magnet is good isn't registering. I'll update more as I eliminate possibilities. Any advice on taking the Cryo assy off the PF or has anyone had this issue?

Take alot of pictures.

#2121 2 years ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

UPDATE 2 AND SOLUTION:

Ok, the ultimate culprit was the Elevator Hold opto pair. I did take the elevator assy off (piece of cake/4 screws), with the hardest thing being getting the opto pair connector back through the playfield. What made this quite bizarre was that particular switch was error'ing intermittently, and not knowing the logic of how this mech worked made it less obvious than someone who owned the game previously. Bottom line, if you have a bad opto at SW. 74 (ELEVATOR HOLD) the game will throw a Magnet Broken error. Bottom line the magnet was fine, and now everything works as it should. I also highly recommend reflowing all the connections on the board at the bottom of the Elevator assembly. And while your at it, get rid of the Z connector.

#2122 2 years ago

Got mine in yesterday. Did some cleaning, some LED upgrades and small fixes and it's 95% ok now.
Have 43 pages of post to read to get all possible LED setups and mods.

Got Fortress multiball but I didn't get extra balls (stayed at 1), next I got museum multiball and got 4 balls.

Any ideas why no extra 3 balls at Fortress ?

#2123 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Got mine in yesterday. Did some cleaning, some LED upgrades and small fixes and it's 95% ok now.
Have 43 pages of post to read to get all possible LED setups and mods.
Got Fortress multiball but I didn't get extra balls (stayed at 1), next I got museum multiball and got 4 balls.
Any ideas why no extra 3 balls at Fortress ?

Multi-ball depends on how many balls you have frozen (the inserts in the playfield)

#2124 2 years ago

Yup. Depending how many times u hit the right inlane and left ramp combo, will determine how many ball freeze you get.

The game is punishing in multiball. I can juggle in nascar until the cows come home, but with dm, its like 4 ball mb and then 1 ball pretty quick.

Never mind demotime...

#2125 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Multi-ball depends on how many balls you have frozen (the inserts in the playfield)

Fortress multi-ball needs at least one freeze just to qualify it. So definately a problem there.

#2126 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Thx, will read manual as well... might be usefull...

#2127 2 years ago

Hello fellow Demolition men and women,

Wondering if anyone can confirm if this machine should have a MOV (metal oxide varistor) anywhere?

I did not see one in the power box, I noted that the line filter is located at the rear of the machine, but did not see anything resembling a MOV... but now I'm wondering if I missed it somewhere?

Anyway, just wondering if anyone can confirm. Thank you-

#2128 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Makes you snicker every time.. SO ya...

#2129 2 years ago

Gets old fast, as with most call outs... and u gotta replace a lot of roms...

#2130 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Gets old fast, as with most call outs... and u gotta replace a lot of roms...

If it starts getting old I’ll move to another.

AE002A67-D2A0-479A-BAEA-13719CCD31E1 (resized).jpegAE002A67-D2A0-479A-BAEA-13719CCD31E1 (resized).jpeg
#2131 2 years ago

When I got my DM it had 4 balls installed, sticker with number of balls was gone.

I noticed in the manual it should have 5... So i put in a fifth one but it now launches 2 balls at every new ball .

Already added a WPC ball through protection plastic.

Suggestions?

#2132 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

When I got my DM it had 4 balls installed, sticker with number of balls was gone.
I noticed in the manual it should have 5... So i put in a fifth one but it now launches 2 balls at every new ball .
Already added a WPC ball through protection plastic.
Suggestions?

Check the ball through opto and its connectors, that's where such problems often stem from.

#2133 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

If it starts getting old I’ll move to another.
[quoted image]

You wont be disappointed. The callouts are fun for sure. And there is a setting that you can easily switch back to normal.

#2134 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

You wont be disappointed. The callouts are fun for sure. And there is a setting that you can easily switch back to normal.

Woohoo!

#2135 2 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Check the ball through opto and its connectors, that's where such problems often stem from.

Cleaned optos, in test : switch edges all through optos are closed when balls are in and all are open when they are out of the game.
Did a reseat of the connectors. All cables are tightly connected...

anything else I could check ?

#2136 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Cleaned optos, in test : switch edges all though optos are closed when balls are in and all are open when they are out of the game.

Check that each opto turns off correctly while you eject balls one at a time

#2137 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Cleaned optos, in test : switch edges all through optos are closed when balls are in and all are open when they are out of the game.

Reseat any associated connectors.

#2138 2 years ago

As far as I can see there are only 2 connectors which I reseated : no effect

Also checked the optos :

We start at : all optos open 5 balls loaded in game

Ball 1 lifted (not shot out) : through 5 closed
Through jam closed ???
Ball 1 out : Through 5 closed
Ball 2 out : Through 4 closed
Ball 3 out : Through 3 closed
Ball 4 out : Through 2 closed
Ball 5 out : Through 1 closed

All balls back in

Through jam closed ??

What is this 'through jam' and what should be the status?

#2139 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Trough jam really is "trough kickout". It supposed to only register when a ball is kicked up to the shooter lane. Sounds like where you problem is. With power off, unscrew the transmitter opto board and let it hang and turn the game back on. See if the transmitter opto is lit up when the game is on through your camera phone or any other digital camera should work. If it is out, replace it.

#2140 2 years ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

westcoastbrian are you in the Seattle area?

Pete Hoerber - Seattle

No I am in Los Angeles, but I grew up in Seattle. I haven't lived there in 15 years.

#2141 2 years ago

I’m getting my skills back at this game.

The below score comes from 3 balls, 6 earned extra ball, 1 paid extra ball, over 50 combos, 5 multi balls and 2 demolition time.

C0C9F173-A0F3-4BBD-B771-6B84D5BCE6C4 (resized).jpegC0C9F173-A0F3-4BBD-B771-6B84D5BCE6C4 (resized).jpeg
#2142 2 years ago

DM was one of those he first BW pins I got last year. Now I have about 28 or so and DM is criminally under rated.

Quoted from rvermeire:

As far as I can see there are only 2 connectors which I reseated : no effect
Also checked the optos :
We start at : all optos open 5 balls loaded in game
Ball 1 lifted (not shot out) : through 5 closed
Through jam closed ???
Ball 1 out : Through 5 closed
Ball 2 out : Through 4 closed
Ball 3 out : Through 3 closed
Ball 4 out : Through 2 closed
Ball 5 out : Through 1 closed
All balls back in
Through jam closed ??

Trough jam opto is slightly above opto #1 on your trough boards.

Eject one hall and then gently drop it back in to the trough from the shooter lane so that it sits on top of the ball in position one. The jam opto should register

#2143 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Trough jam really is "trough kickout". It supposed to only register when a ball is kicked up to the shooter lane. Sounds like where you problem is. With power off, unscrew the transmitter opto board and let it hang and turn the game back on. See if the transmitter opto is lit up when the game is on through your camera phone or any other digital camera should work. If it is out, replace it.

Many newer phones have IR filters so it won’t work

#2144 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Many newer phones have IR filters so it won’t work

On iphones, the forward facing view would be the one to use, at least on the older ones. This is also why I mentioned digital cameras. I don't know of any new Androids having that issue. Android for me.

#2145 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

DM was one of those he first BW pins I got last year. Now I have about 28 or so and DM is criminally under rated.

Trough jam opto is slightly above opto #1 on your trough boards.
Eject one hall and then gently drop it back in to the trough from the shooter lane so that it sits on top of the ball in position one. The jam opto should register

Removed the transmitter board, more optos than expected ! (7) Cleaned it up and everything works now ! thx

1 week later
#2146 2 years ago

Looking for a NOS Playfield if anyone has or knows of one.

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “If you have one I would be very interested thank you!”
2021-11-24
Walnut Creek, CA
Wanted
Archived after: 230 days
Viewed: 94 times

#2147 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Looking for a NOS Playfield if anyone has or knows of one.

Same.. I've been looking for a while myself.

#2148 2 years ago

Anybody have used plastics, looking for no cracks/chips. Picture shows the 5 that I need circled in red. thanks -A

65828_1 (resized).jpg65828_1 (resized).jpg
#2149 2 years ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Anybody have used plastics, looking for no cracks/chips. Picture shows the 5 that I need circled in red. thanks -A
[quoted image]

That big peice is available Planetary Pinball. Sling Little Shop of Games.

#2150 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

That big peice is available Planetary Pinball. Sling Little Shop of Games.

Thanks, looking for used if possible

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 81.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 72.95
$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/43?hl=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.