(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,030 posts
  • 346 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by PURPLEBAT
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E42D678B-5976-4F8F-8E9B-012B0FA7D9BD (resized).jpeg
4FFFC275-64D9-4725-846E-1A43E7113B6C (resized).jpeg
A774F0AA-C675-486C-91CB-33CCEC916B10 (resized).jpeg
314B0F1C-8072-45E6-B5ED-84A95A678E21 (resized).jpeg
09944450-A7B5-4BB2-9DC3-736CA70EFA9A (resized).jpeg
1791D324-4A06-4B56-BF1D-FCCF46997D41 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
8326BEA8-D703-4C7C-A3C3-4E5DC58A6685 (resized).jpeg
C36065C8-3CF7-44A8-8A6E-4EC95CB5DB49 (resized).jpeg
DSC_0291 (resized).JPG
DSC_0289 (resized).JPG
DSC_0282 (resized).JPG
DSC_0254 (resized).JPG
DSC_0263 (resized).JPG
DSC_0251 (resized).JPG
DemolitionMan.gif

There are 2030 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 41.
#2001 59 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Has anyone had to adjust the swing of the claw? The arm doesn't seem to travel enough to reach the ACMAG drop at the far left, just short...pulling off the plastic's on top of it...looks like a PITA just wondered if there is a simpler way I'm not seeing before I get into removing ramps and such...

After I shopped mine it did a similar thing. When i lifted my playfield when it was half apart the claw arm got wedged in the cabinet and bent it a bit. After putting the game back together it wouldn't drop the ball in the right spots. After bending and straightening the metal arm I was able to get it to work perfectly again.

#2002 59 days ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

After I shopped mine it did a similar thing. When i lifted my playfield when it was half apart the claw arm got wedged in the cabinet and bent it a bit. After putting the game back together it wouldn't drop the ball in the right spots. After bending and straightening the metal arm I was able to get it to work perfectly again.

gotcha...for now I'm going to let it ride as it seems to work good for now...If I ever have to go that deep I'll take another look at it...

#2003 53 days ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Hey guys, a 15 min gameplay video!
Did more led mods including, shooter lane that's only.active when Launch ball is active. A nicer Vuk light, and BLUE for the girder, but it comes up purple ish due to IR. They also do some fade effect that I don't know how I accidentally made happen!
1080p, 60fps!
I think its a pretty nice demoman and I get thru a few modes so you can see the lighting effects and gi dimming with LEDs including multiball modes, claw modes and what has to be one of the nicest light shows in WPC era machines: Demolition Time Multiball at about the 11 min mark.
Lemme know what you think!!

[quoted image][quoted image]

Anyone put mirror blades on their machine? Apologize if it is in this thread, I haven't caught up to all the posts.

#2004 52 days ago
Quoted from Docta_J:

Anyone put mirror blades on their machine? Apologize if it is in this thread, I haven't caught up to all the posts.

I have a set ready to go for mine when I start the teardown process on it.... If there arent any pictures around, I will take some when I do it.

#2005 52 days ago
Quoted from Docta_J:

Mine arnt blades but just that foil tape ppl use to wrap their cars with ...

#2007 52 days ago

My buddy has played a lot on games with mirror blades and likes this texture a lot more. Says its less distracting because mirror images in the pin are too similar to whats actually on the pf..

I just know its hella lot cheaper to install...

You can see a similar tape on my rocky and bullwinkle in the video here.

#2008 51 days ago

Joined the Demo Man club recently, fun flowing game! Doing playfield teardown to replace a couple broken plastics so may as well clean and replace the rubbers, put in the correct cars and replace the eyeball.

#2009 51 days ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Joined the Demo Man club recently, fun flowing game! Doing playfield teardown to replace a couple broken plastics so may as well clean and replace the rubbers, put in the correct cars and replace the eyeball.

Not the deepest game, but awesome flow and a good game in a line up.

1 week later
#2010 39 days ago

So....... I installed the "Angel Eye" LED thumb buttons over the weekend. Everything was checking out fine outside the machine. I tested them with my meter after all my steps. Soldered the switch wires directly to the buttons, and ran new wires through the handles and cabinet and tapped off the start button (So they stay lit after starting a game, and blink during attract).

Then after reinstalling the handles.... the blue lights in the buttons got very dim. Then the game went apeshit. I powered down. Checked connections and powered back up and got the dreaded...... check f114 & f115 .

So I checked and the fuses were blown. Replaced them.... and the error went away. But.... in switch test... when I activated the thumb buttons... it grounded out the entire rows for each.

unlugged the connectors to the handles and the ground issue went away. Game plays fine without the handles.

Anyone run into this after installing yours?
I havent taken the handles back off yet to check for any shorts. Hope to do that later in the week.

#2011 39 days ago

Damn, thats some bad news, but at least you nailed it down to the last thing u opened up. Pretty sure its the switch grounding to the LED power, maybe a break in how you had insulated it.

#2012 33 days ago

Antoine have a line on where I can get a couple replacement trigger buttons for the handles?

Thanks!

#2013 33 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Antoine have a line on where I can get a couple replacement trigger buttons for the handles?
Thanks!

the triggers? or the thumb buttons?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9015

Im sure you have looked there already. They have been sold out for a while now. I keep waiting for them to restock so I can get some spares.

#2014 33 days ago

Triggers. . Thanks for the help, looks like I’ll just have to get lucky to find some.

#2015 33 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Triggers. . Thanks for the help, looks like I’ll just have to get lucky to find some.

A guy made metals ones a ways back. I got a set, but haven’t done the swap. There should be information in here about the metal ones.

#2016 33 days ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

A guy made metals ones a ways back. I got a set, but haven’t done the swap. There should be information in here about the metal ones.

He is no longer making them

#2017 29 days ago

Well.......figured out why my switch lines were shorting out after installing my Angel eye LED buttons.

Found a few things......
1) I pinched one of the wires pretty good on the left handle.
2) I soldered the LEDs wire with a hair too much solder and it bridged from the button tab to the edge of the metal handle.

Fixed both and they work 100% now!

Great looking mod. So much better than those boring red factory buttons.

Best part....the buttons cost maybe 1.00! Lol

09944450-A7B5-4BB2-9DC3-736CA70EFA9A (resized).jpeg1791D324-4A06-4B56-BF1D-FCCF46997D41 (resized).jpeg314B0F1C-8072-45E6-B5ED-84A95A678E21 (resized).jpegA774F0AA-C675-486C-91CB-33CCEC916B10 (resized).jpeg
#2019 26 days ago

New club member. Picked up a DM last Tuesday, and the entire family is loving it... "Send a maniac to catch a maniac!"

#2020 23 days ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Well.......figured out why my switch lines were shorting out after installing my Angel eye LED buttons.
Found a few things......
1) I pinched one of the wires pretty good on the left handle.
2) I soldered the LEDs wire with a hair too much solder and it bridged from the button tab to the edge of the metal handle.
Fixed both and they work 100% now!
Great looking mod. So much better than those boring red factory buttons.
Best part....the buttons cost maybe 1.00! Lol
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Solid job! Yeah its tight in there. Glsd u got it sorted!!! Love this mod cuz it makes it look so sharp and its so cheap.

#2021 22 days ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Solid job! Yeah its tight in there. Glsd u got it sorted!!! Love this mod cuz it makes it look so sharp and its so cheap.

its ridiculous cheap!!! Might be the best mod for the buck of all time LOL

#2022 20 days ago

Have long sold my DM but still have a couple trigger buttons left over. Plastic and metal.

#2023 20 days ago

All I have left of Demo man parts. The darker ones are unused anodized aluminum. The lighter ones are used original plastic.

4FFFC275-64D9-4725-846E-1A43E7113B6C (resized).jpeg
#2024 20 days ago

Scratch that also found a few floating eyeballs and the Cardona roms for the alternate software.

E42D678B-5976-4F8F-8E9B-012B0FA7D9BD (resized).jpeg
#2025 20 days ago

Ive been up and down amazon looking for floating eyeballs. Do they still have fluid in them? What a find!!

#2026 20 days ago

I got them from over seas years ago. Australia I think. When I did my DM restore.

#2027 20 days ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

All I have left of Demo man parts. The darker ones are unused anodized aluminum. The lighter ones are used original plastic.
[quoted image]

I would love the anodized aluminum triggers if you were willing to part with them. PM sent!

#2028 20 days ago

PM sent a couple hours ago for a couple triggers and an eyeball

#2029 20 days ago

Sorry for the slow reply got a flurry of PM’s and had some stuff I had to do.

1 week later
#2030 9 days ago

Hi guys, a friend has just had his Demolition Man rebuilt, he had torn it down a few years ago, and its been discovered that the stainless ramp in the shooter lane has gone missing. If anyone has a spare or replacement ramp from a parted out machine, please throw me a P.M.
Cheers, Terry.

There are 2030 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 41.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside