(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 63.
#151 10 years ago

My brother picked up a DM at PAGG in May. He's not really "in" the hobby, so I'm in charge of making sure it's running properly, clean, etc.

Like many DM owners, he is in need of the plastic over the upper flipper. If anyone has a broken one they're willing to give up, please PM me. His is completely missing.

Thanks.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

NEW DM MEMBER
Just got my DM, $1000 with a few small issues.
LOVE the gameplay and shooters. Would like an alternate translite.

Awesome score!

#153 10 years ago

Thanks guys! Waiting for my tech friend to come fix diagnostic buttons and one switch and then I am 100%! Course, was dirty as all heck but with a little elbow grease (or a lot)....

2 weeks later
#154 10 years ago

Joining the club !! On the way to Indiana tomorrow to pick up my LED'd Demo Man - my favorite game. 550 miles each way.. Of course has the Adult Roms

photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG

3 weeks later
#155 10 years ago

Add me to the list!

I was mostly interested in this game because I saw it played on a PAPA tournament and thought the combos and everything that the players were doing looked particularly rewarding on this machine. I haven't played it much before purchasing it, but it seemed like it was a fun game and I couldn't pass up the deal.

WOW - I'm amazed by the game! I don't give a **** about how terrible people say the the art package is on this, it plays so smooth and the shots are set up perfect. If you want to PLAY pinball, there's not much beating DM!

I completely tore mine apart and cleaned everything to my standards - looks amazing!

#156 10 years ago

Anyone make a alt. Back glass?

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from Galdaien:

Add me to the list!
I was mostly interested in this game because I saw it played on a PAPA tournament and thought the combos and everything that the players were doing looked particularly rewarding on this machine. I haven't played it much before purchasing it, but it seemed like it was a fun game and I couldn't pass up the deal.
WOW - I'm amazed by the game! I don't give a **** about how terrible people say the the art package is on this, it plays so smooth and the shots are set up perfect. If you want to PLAY pinball, there's not much beating DM!
I completely tore mine apart and cleaned everything to my standards - looks amazing!

watch the movie it gives understanding of the game and keep three sea shells handy! LOL

#158 10 years ago

Led's make all the difference

demo2.jpgdemo2.jpg image3.jpgimage3.jpg image4.jpgimage4.jpg image5.jpgimage5.jpg

#159 10 years ago

nice avatar MN!

#160 10 years ago

Im in.
Just got DM as my first pin.
Early Bday gift to myself and I'm loving it!
Today is my Bday so everybody play a game of DM and have a drink with me!

Cheers
PCE

1239732_10151882329854874_713088726_n.jpg1239732_10151882329854874_713088726_n.jpg

#161 10 years ago

I'll join the club. Had to do a little restore to the cab and stripped and cleaned it up. Looks good as new

Little vid of the repair/LED's etc

First ever pin I've had to do anything to. Really enjoyed it but well scary to start with

#162 10 years ago

hey rooky, what color/spray/texture did you use to paint your backbox? I've been holding out on my decal replacement. thanks!

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

hey rooky, what color/spray/texture did you use to paint your backbox? I've been holding out on my decal replacement. thanks!

Hey mate, being this was my first ever do up I looked to many of my mates on the best way to do it. So here's what I did.
Took decals off with a razor scraper not a hot gun as I was too worried about burning the wood.
Used a citrus based solvent called desolve it in the glue. Decals and glue came off like butter.

Used wood filler for holes, rebuilt corners and sanded. Kept going until smooth.

Got told to spray the back box but didn't fancy carting the machine out each coat so another mate said to use a gloss satin black with a roller. Worked a peach with three coats.

Put the decals on using the wet method. Means you can move it around to get it in the right spot te squeegee from the middle out. For this I used a credit card wrapped in a sponge cloth which again worked a peach.

Big note/tip I received, don't screw the bolts back in too hard else it pinches the vinyl and puckers it.

Voila!

3 weeks later
#164 10 years ago

I'm finding I have to have a perfect shot to make it up the left ramp, and anything less than that perfect shot results in a SDTM drain.

Is this typical for you guys? I've been told by a trusted friend that I should get the STTNG orange coil for at least the right flipper to aid in making the shot, but the flipper seems otherwise strong enough.

What say you, fellow owners of the DM?

#165 10 years ago

All of the ramps are pretty easy to get up on my DM. I can't even think of a time where I didn't make it up the left ramp. I have had it drop back down on the right ramp a few times on softer shots.

I do have the proto coils on my STTNG though, and the difference is minimal. It feels the same, but a slightly slower shot will make it up the ramps.

#166 10 years ago

The flippers on mine aren't as strong as they could be but it gets up the left ramp fine. I do have to make a clean shot though else it rolls back down but I reckon it's a reasonably steep one anyway so a clean shot to keep the flow would always be necessary I reckon

1 week later
#167 10 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Got told to spray the back box but didn't fancy carting the machine out each coat so another mate said to use a gloss satin black with a roller. Worked a peach with three coats.

so you used a roller? that's news to me. no texture resulting from that method?

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I'm finding I have to have a perfect shot to make it up the left ramp, and anything less than that perfect shot results in a SDTM drain.

just adjust the metal ball guide that sits inside of the left ramp. this will let it roll out more left or right. hope that helps

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Is this typical for you guys? I've been told by a trusted friend that I should get the STTNG orange coil for at least the right flipper to aid in making the shot, but the flipper seems otherwise strong enough.
What say you, fellow owners of the DM?

Yeah I agree that left ramp is tough. I like that coil idea.. I am sure that would only help by adding that coil.

2 weeks later
#170 10 years ago

Bumping just cause DM rules.

#171 10 years ago

Agreed.

#172 10 years ago

Just had my top handles done by Mike Chestnut a few weeks ago and installed these chrome buttons from PBL. I've also been testing and playing Demolition Time written by Cardona.

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1772

DM1.jpgDM1.jpg DM2.jpgDM2.jpg DM3.jpgDM3.jpg
#173 10 years ago

Any know who makes a Alt back glass

#174 10 years ago

How can I get ahold of Mike Chestnut ?
I have a set of handles I need to get replated as well

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from TM462:

How can I get ahold of Mike Chestnut ?
I have a set of handles I need to get replated as well

[email protected] or 615-824-6116

#176 10 years ago

Sweet! Thanks!

#177 10 years ago

It takes a maniac to catch a maniac!

DSCN1389.JPGDSCN1389.JPG

#178 10 years ago

Hey just picked up dm awesome I just need a new translight any ideas were I can get one thanks

#179 10 years ago

Hardly seems worth creating a new thread so I thought I'd ask here, could someone measure the height and width of the back of the cabinet? Trying to figure out if it would fit up my staircase, thanks!

#180 10 years ago

28.75" x 28.75"

you did mean the backbox right? or the actual lower cabinet?

#181 10 years ago

The cabinet itself, I behead machines to take them upstairs.

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from Spies:

The cabinet itself, I behead machines to take them upstairs.

It's a standard wide-body, but you have to either account for the handles, or take them off. You ever get a standard wide upstairs before?

#183 10 years ago

Got a Getaway upstairs with room either side. I never realised DM was a widebody until I read it on IPDB though. My staircase is 29 inches max and theres a 90 degree corner to contend with.

#184 10 years ago

I think wide body pins are

Quoted from Spies:Got a Getaway upstairs with room either side. I never realised DM was a widebody until I read it on IPDB though. My staircase is 29 inches max and theres a 90 degree corner to contend with.

Plan on a wide-body being 2-3/4" wider than a standard pin...

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from Spies:

Hardly seems worth creating a new thread so I thought I'd ask here, could someone measure the height and width of the back of the cabinet? Trying to figure out if it would fit up my staircase, thanks!

If it fit going down the stairs then up should be the same except gravity is not on your side DM being a widebody is the exact same width as a standard pin folded. I leave the heads on when I move my games down but coming up it is much easier to remove the head. You can even go one step further and pull the playfield out and move in 3 seperate trips.

#186 10 years ago

Exactly what I did with The Getaway, took 3 hours as it was my first!

1 week later
#187 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

so you used a roller? that's news to me. no texture resulting from that method?

Na used one of the artist rollers that have a weird sort of feel. I want to say foam but it isnt. No texture, just came up super smooth and glossy

#188 10 years ago

What are the mods for DM.

I got the 3 seashells.

#189 10 years ago

Cool where did you get the sea shells? I saw the mod on a fellow pinsider's DM about a year ago but never asked...

Edit to answer your question one of the best mods for this game is the LED strip in the back instead of those flashers behind the blue lens.

#190 10 years ago

Member of the club!

Still fine tuning the LEDs, but I am happy with them so far. Gonna tone down some of the ones I can see the bulbs of in the middle where it doesn't need to be so bright. I will add a red bulb in the left rear where the second car winds up after a sweet double crash. Probably going to LED the cryo-claw lights and computer as well maybe losing the bulb condoms. Gonna put some GI lights behind that blue lens in the back and LED the back box.

I took it all apart and cleaned it and replaced rubbers etc. Fun game!

IMG_0033.JPGIMG_0033.JPG
1 week later
#191 10 years ago

Hoping to pick a Demo man (small project) up saturday! I guess the left sling plastic is busted pretty badly. Does anyone have a spare they would sell me?

#192 10 years ago

Just joined the club!image.jpgimage.jpg

#193 10 years ago

New translite shows available at Illinois pinball for 100

Jdoz. I might have one, I have restored at least 10 demo mans, I will check and let you know if I do.

#194 10 years ago

That would be great. I actually need both slings. The guy I bought it from has a nos plastic set but wants $200 for it. Sounds like a fair price, but I can't get myself to pay that

#195 10 years ago

I swear DM plastics just blowout all the time. I think I've replaced more on this machine than all my others combined. and I can't find certain ones anymore ; (

#196 10 years ago

MAD Amusements sells the slings for $25/set. I replaced mine from them. Get the plastics protector set also so you only have to do it once.

#197 10 years ago

Looks like the went up to $30, but that's not terrible. I didn't see the protector set, but I wa thinking about buying those plastic washers for them. I'm really considering getting that nos plastic set.

#198 10 years ago

200 for the set.. better get them before it becomes 400 for a set if you can find them..

#199 10 years ago

By the way, on every Demo I have done.. and there have been quite a few, I always put a different color bulb under each of the multi ball modes, really looks great when you see it, usually did purple, green, blue and yellow.. then under the retina scan, I put a red.. Tried a lot of different colors, but was happiest with that combo.

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

By the way, on every Demo I have done.. and there have been quite a few, I always put a different color bulb under each of the multi ball modes, really looks great when you see it, usually did purple, green, blue and yellow.. then under the retina scan, I put a red.. Tried a lot of different colors, but was happiest with that combo.

About how much does it cost to LED DM? Not buying a kit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 81.95
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 72.95
$ 85.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.