(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 63.
#1801 3 years ago

Help please! I love my demo man (by far my favorite game) but I'm having ground short issues suddenly. I wrote a tech post about it but not sure how to directly link it here.

#1802 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Help please! I love my demo man (by far my favorite game) but I'm having ground short issues suddenly. I wrote a tech post about it but not sure how to directly link it here.

This is the link to your tech question.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-ground-short

#1803 3 years ago

Thank you DaveH is it just copy and paste web link? Didn't know if there was a built in forum topic link function on pinside forums.

#1804 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Thank you DaveH is it just copy and paste web link? Didn't know if there was a built in forum topic link function on pinside forums.

Yup, just copy and paste. Marketplace ads can be embedded.

1 week later
#1805 3 years ago

Thumb buttons, can they be taken apart and cleaned?? I have a sticky one.

#1806 3 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

Thumb buttons, can they be taken apart and cleaned?? I have a sticky one.

Yes they can, fairly easy job

2 weeks later
#1807 3 years ago

ok i have a demolition man pinball and im getting these problems
claw moves all the way to the left and just stays there
elevator just keeps moving up and down nonstop

when i close the coin door the right sling locks on and some of the flashers on the backbox just stay lit

#1808 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademan1:

ok i have a demolition man pinball and im getting these problems
claw moves all the way to the left and just stays there
elevator just keeps moving up and down nonstop
when i close the coin door the right sling locks on and some of the flashers on the backbox just stay lit

Claw sounds like a bad (or dirty) opto not reading its in the home poistion.

Sling and flashers maybe a bad transistor on the driver board.

#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Sling and flashers maybe a bad transistor on the driver board.

Depending on what column/row, I agree with this. Sling could also be a leaf switch adjustment (if it's bent closed with the rubber on it).

#1810 3 years ago

Try repining your connectors first for the Claw issues. It's much easier to do than removing everything. I purchased a DM about 3 months ago that worked perfectly, but was INCREDIBLY dirty. I tore it down completely, cleaned everything, put it back together, and then had nothing but nightmares with claw issues for about 3 weeks. It turns out that many of the pins in those old connectors go bad. I even had 3 or 4 instances where connectors with 2 wires going out of them (in the same pin) had a short in only one of the wires. All in all, I ended up replacing or repining about 7 connectors, before everything was back to 100%.

1 week later
#1811 3 years ago

I need to replace a broken trigger. Does anyone have one available, or can you point me in the direction of where I can find a 3D printed or metal one? TIA

1 week later
#1812 3 years ago

Took some 60fps of Demolition Time multiball mode.
Sorry it was cut short, had to play.

#1813 3 years ago

Hey all. thinking about picking one of these up and want to make sure I have the right vehicle to pick it up in. What his the height of the cab with the head folded down? Wondering if it will fit in a newer Jeep Grand Cherokee.

#1814 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Hey all. thinking about picking one of these up and want to make sure I have the right vehicle to pick it up in. What his the height of the cab with the head folded down? Wondering if it will fit in a newer Jeep Grand Cherokee.

If I remember, I will try and measure for you this evening. We load them in the back of our H2 hummer and have plenty of spare room, but not sure what the headroom in new grand cherokee's are like (will also need to watch width if the roofline tapers at all).

#1815 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

If I remember, I will try and measure for you this evening. We load them in the back of our H2 hummer and have plenty of spare room, but not sure what the headroom in new grand cherokee's are like (will also need to watch width if the roofline tapers at all).

I appreciate it. Need to figure out if I need to go borrow a truck or if I should be ok.

#1816 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Wouldn’t it be the same height as most other games?

#1817 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Wouldn’t it be the same height as most other games?

Same as other WPC games yes.

#1818 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Same as other WPC games yes.

wasn't sure due to it being a wide body.

#1819 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

wasn't sure due to it being a wide body.

Wide body doesn’t change the backbox dimensions. Just the machine itself is a little wider.

#1820 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I appreciate it. Need to figure out if I need to go borrow a truck or if I should be ok.

Sorry, forgot to do this last night. Head folded down and legs off it is 29" wide at top (head is wider than body) by 53" long by 29.5 (30)" tall. Hope that helps

#1821 3 years ago

New keychain for the game. What do ya think?

7968F90C-F696-41A9-BE0B-DCBEDCFA13EE (resized).jpeg7968F90C-F696-41A9-BE0B-DCBEDCFA13EE (resized).jpegF2DAE726-351B-4AF6-B85F-65601158994E (resized).jpegF2DAE726-351B-4AF6-B85F-65601158994E (resized).jpeg
#1822 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

[quoted image][quoted image]

What are you gonna do with only one seashell man?!?

#1823 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

What are you gonna do with only one seashell man?!?

It’s not like anyone knows what to do with 3 of them?!?!‍♂️lol

#1824 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Sorry, forgot to do this last night. Head folded down and legs off it is 29" wide at top (head is wider than body) by 53" long by 29.5 (30)" tall. Hope that helps

Thank you very much. Helps a ton!

#1825 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

That's a clever idea with the seashell! I looked for a keychain for my game, but I couldn't find anything I was happy with. I ended up making this one ...
Demo Man (resized).jpgDemo Man (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1826 3 years ago

Just joined the club today. So far I like it, plan to do some maintenance, but wanted to play it for a week or so to see if there are any other quirks.

Only issue I have is flipper buttons feel too soft, I'm used to stern spike 2 era. I will be ordering some buttons is there a certain kind these games work well with?
16058169392626304681205917548799 (resized).jpg16058169392626304681205917548799 (resized).jpg

#1827 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Just joined the club today. So far I like it, plan to do some maintenance, but wanted to play it for a week or so to see if there are any other quirks.
Only issue I have is flipper buttons feel too soft, I'm used to stern spike 2 era. I will be ordering some buttons is there a certain kind these games work well with?
[quoted image]

Use the handles!

#1828 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

[quoted image]

You can try some new plastic interruptors for the optos, they're much stiffer than the 25 year old ones these games come with

#1829 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Use the handles!

2nded! I put blue chrome buttons on, but I only hit them each once when I first turn it on for first game so I stop getting the service check flipper button messages

#1830 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

2nded! I put blue chrome buttons on, but I only hit them each once when I first turn it on for first game so I stop getting the service check flipper button messages

Handles it is

#1831 3 years ago

Plus you get the extra bonus using the handles.

#1832 3 years ago

Got demo time 2x in the same game. Wasnt quite good enough to get the add a ball from the stand ups tho.

My best score ever, took me around 30mins to get it...

Screenshot_20201120-081051_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201120-081051_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1833 3 years ago

Hello. I just joined the club but I have to do some repairs first. I want to replace all flipper mechanisms and flipper bats but my game have the upper left flipper a zipper flipper. Is this like it is suppose to be? The 2 lower flippers are normal size. Also where did you found those 2 cars? I have some common cars in there.

#1834 3 years ago
Quoted from DrChrys:

Hello. I just joined the club but I have to do some repairs first. I want to replace all flipper mechanisms and flipper bats but my game have the upper left flipper a zipper flipper. Is this like it is suppose to be? The 2 lower flippers are normal size. Also where did you found those 2 cars? I have some common cars in there.

I think you mean a lightning flipper right? Zipper is the style that physically move much more common on older games. The upper is a standard sized flipper by default. The cars pop up on ebay from time to time.

#1835 3 years ago

Yes I have a lightning bolt flipper there like the ones used on fish tales. So that is not original and all 3 flippers are normal flippers if I got it right. Thanks.

#1836 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Got demo time 2x in the same game. Wasnt quite good enough to get the add a ball from the stand ups tho.
My best score ever, took me around 30mins to get it...[quoted image]

We both use the same color combo for our 4 multiball inserts LOL. I change it up now and then to keep it interesting.

#1837 3 years ago
Quoted from DrChrys:

ebay.com link: Hot Wheels Hall of Fame Greatest Rides Olds 442

#1838 3 years ago

Nevermind - figured it out.

#1839 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

ebay.com link » Hot Wheels Hall Of Fame Greatest Rides Olds 442

I have that same Cutlass in my game. Picked it up at a flea market. Although its not the "correct" one for the game. The proper one should have black stripes.

#1840 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I have that same Cutlass in my game. Picked it up at a flea market. Although its not the "correct" one for the game. The proper one should have black stripes.

Yeah, I debated painting them black (I paint boardgame minis), but was like "nah, no one ever gonna see that"

#1841 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Yeah, I debated painting them black (I paint boardgame minis), but was like "nah, no one ever gonna see that"

Mine had a yellow sportscar when I got it. I found a oldsmobile and painted it red but the frame was plastic, not pot-metal like yellow car. Its almost like it was too light and did not have the mass to propell it hard enough to activate the switch at the very back.

#1842 3 years ago

I found another problem with my demo man.It does not have the secret jackpot... then I discover it have the LX-3 ROM... so probably that one did not have that feature. I saw there are 2 newer version... the family friendly one H5 and the adult version H6. I want to buy one of these but I see the sound ROM also have different numbers. Do I have to buy some new sound ROMs too that match the game ROM H5 that I want to buy or I can use the od sound ROMs?

#1843 3 years ago

After fixing up this machine and putting in a standard LED kit, I'm a bit disappointed with the look and over-brightness of the playfield. Any recommendation for using coloured GI in places to tone it down a bit? So far all I have done is put colours in the multiball inserts instead of white. thanks...

dm (resized).jpgdm (resized).jpg
#1844 3 years ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

Any recommendation for using coloured GI in places to tone it down a bit?

My recommendation is to NOT use color in any GI. You should look at different options for white, like single SMD bulbs instead of 2-SMD, frosted instead of clear domes, etc.

#1845 3 years ago

I have Comets frosted cold white in mine, and very happy with that.

#1846 3 years ago

I have 2smd frosted cool white in my gi and it looks great

#1847 3 years ago

After fixing up this machine and putting in a standard LED kit, I'm a bit disappointed with the look and over-brightness of the playfield. Any recommendation for using coloured GI in places to tone it down a bit? So far all I have done is put colours in the multiball inserts instead of white. thanks...
[quoted image]

Cant help with briteness but " ice blue" look good under the freeze locks.

20201126_121042 (resized).jpg20201126_121042 (resized).jpg
#1848 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Cant help with briteness but " ice blue" look good under the freeze locks.[quoted image]

That's what I had in mind for the GI as it happens, though I expected to hear a preference for keeping it white. One problem is that nobody seems to sell ice blue/cyan LEDs over here (and shipping is extortionate from the US!). I think I might just take a few GIs out and also try the bendy LEDs to minimise glare....

#1849 3 years ago

That's what I had in mind for the GI as it happens, though I expected to hear a preference for keeping it white. One problem is that nobody seems to sell ice blue/cyan LEDs over here (and shipping is extortionate from the US!). I think I might just take a few GIs out and also try the bendy LEDs to minimise glare....

If you want to do GI in colors other than white, do it! Its your machine. Its only a problem when people start scattering blue red and green etc etc all over the place in no particular reason.

#1850 3 years ago

I did Ice Blue GI in my demo man and it does come out quite good as the ones I have aren't too far variant from white GI

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.95
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 81.95
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/37?hl=bertodrink1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.