(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 63.
#1601 4 years ago

Sorry if this was already covered here, but what’s a good fix that doesn’t involve solder arc for this broken side on the chute bracket? Epoxy glue? Metal plate?
BCE37D5B-A4E5-43BC-BF29-00188CF9D54B (resized).jpegBCE37D5B-A4E5-43BC-BF29-00188CF9D54B (resized).jpeg

#1602 4 years ago

Replace the whole thing (available). Or have a buddy who can weld this thin cheap metal without blowing a hole in it. Very common failure.

#1603 4 years ago

If that's the scoop across from the middle flipper - it needs to be mig or tig welded . Because with that flipper so close it takes a pounding . Who ever fabed thoes up just tac welded them all and never went back and welded them up .

#1604 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

Sorry if this was already covered here, but what’s a good fix that doesn’t involve solder arc for this broken side on the chute bracket? Epoxy glue? Metal plate?
[quoted image]

I welded mine. I believe Marco has these presently in stock. And they were only barely tacked from supplier back in the day.

#1605 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I purchased a Demo Man a while back with a few issues, all of them resolved except for one. I have a locked on flasher #40 center ramp. Looking for the problem, I have checked everything thoroughly with no luck. I then focused on the Rottendog Supplemental Williams Driver Board that was powering it. I was considering replacing it, but took a close inspection of the board and found something curious. there is writing on the board that says: Demolition Man SW4 Out. Does this mean that the area SW4 should not have a resistor there? Can someone verify that this should be the case? Maybe this is the reason for my problem. I circled the area in a photo. If there is no resister there please let me know.
Scoot.[quoted image]

Not sure if related, but yes, resistor in SW4 should be cut in DM.

#1606 4 years ago

Does anyone have a set of triggers for the guns they would sell me? Mine are beat up and I would like to chrome my guns. Would look horrible with raunchy triggers.

#1607 4 years ago

I have a row of lamps that are always on, looked in the manual and it’s the red/gray line. What does this mean when it’s always on rather than off?

#1608 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have a row of lamps that are always on, looked in the manual and it’s the red/gray line. What does this mean when it’s always on rather than off?

A shorted transistor?

#1609 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

A shorted transistor?

Thats where I would look first. Other than that, maybe a bad diode on that row perhaps.

#1610 4 years ago

The corresponding transistors Q83, how on earth do you find the part number?

#1611 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

The corresponding transistors Q83, how on earth do you find the part number?

The transistor type is printed on it, so you could look them up online to find where to get one.

#1612 4 years ago

Shaker time folks!

There is a new universal shaker in town. Announcement below.

Pinshakers would like to welcome Pinball Life as our exclusive online retailer for our universal shaker motor kits. We are extremely excited to work with Pinball Life and are looking forward to serving the pinball community along side them.
Visit http://www.pinballlife.com and order your kit today! They have the Standard and Premium versions in stock, ready to arrive by Christmas!

Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

#1613 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Shaker time folks!
There is a new universal shaker in town. Announcement below.
Pinshakers would like to welcome Pinball Life as our exclusive online retailer for our universal shaker motor kits. We are extremely excited to work with Pinball Life and are looking forward to serving the pinball community along side them.
Visit http://www.pinballlife.com and order your kit today! They have the Standard and Premium versions in stock, ready to arrive by Christmas!
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers
www.pinshakers.com

I bought one of these shakers at the same time I bought my Demo Man @ the York show. It's awesome! I have to dial it almost all the way down so it doesn't shake things off the shelves in my daughter's room above the pinball room. I bought a 2nd one for my Space Shuttle.

#1614 4 years ago

I’m almost done with my DM restoration. I thought my claw would be working after I fixed the elevator opto. Turns out that once it picked the ball, the claw somehow freezes halfway through. I read it was a common issue that could be fixed by installing 370ohms resistors. They’re on their way.

Anyway, I’m starting to look at the « nice to have » stuff. Would one of you be kind enough to share a picture of the under playfield setup of an additional lamp under the saucer? It’s my first time adding lamp so I don’t want to mess it up. I’m also considering adding lamps behind the rear playfield plastics, so I’d also be interested in pictures of that as well

Next step, replacing FL-11630 coils by FL-11629 but this thing already plays great!

Thanks!

#1615 4 years ago

Ramps & plastic sets available anywhere?

#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Ramps & plastic sets available anywhere?

No

#1617 4 years ago

I’m very surprised that ramps and plastics haven’t been made ? I’m sure
These are in demand?

#1618 4 years ago

They had plastics a while ago, are they just out of stock? I got a new set last year

#1619 4 years ago
Quoted from DorkInAbox:

I bought one of these shakers at the same time I bought my Demo Man @ the York show. It's awesome! I have to dial it almost all the way down so it doesn't shake things off the shelves in my daughter's room above the pinball room. I bought a 2nd one for my Space Shuttle.

How is the shaker for demo man? Do you have examples of when it goes off? Seeing if it’s worth the money. Appreciate your time!

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

How is the shaker for demo man? Do you have examples of when it goes off? Seeing if it’s worth the money. Appreciate your time!

The Pinshaker brand one uses dipswitches and can be set to go off whenever you want pretty much. I like mine going off when the pops fire, the slingshots fire, the crane moves and a few other switches trigger. Pinshakers has a PDF on their website that shows all the possible dipswitch settings for all the games they support. I whole heatedly recommend them. I wish I could have mine turned up more but it literally shakes my daughter's Nick backs and make up and things off her shelves in her bedroom a floor above where I have my machine.

#1621 4 years ago

I have some leftover used plastics from my DM shop out and restoration. Not great, but may be one or two in there that are better than what you have. Totes free, just pay shipping to whomever can use them. I would prefer that you take them all.

0 (resized).jpeg0 (resized).jpeg0-1 (resized).jpeg0-1 (resized).jpeg
Added over 4 years ago:

CLAIMED

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’m very surprised that ramps and plastics haven’t been made ? I’m sure
These are in demand?

Freeplay might someday reproduce the ramps.

2 weeks later
#1623 4 years ago

PinballCenter seems to have stock for the unobtainium 31-1919-16 plastic: https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/demolition-man/3967/plastic-for-demolition-man-31-1919-16?number=43622

Lower your expectations as PinballCenter plastic quality is far from great, but it’s still better than no plastic at all.

2 weeks later
#1624 4 years ago

Hey there,

I’m looking for all 8 sound ROMs and the cpu rom!! Machine came with profanity ROMs installed and owner doesn’t have the old ones.. trying to put this machine on location!!

If anyone out there can help me or point me in the right direction?!

Thanks

#1625 4 years ago

I believe the profanity rom is only one chip. Also, you can turn it off in the menus. Custom menu, I believe.

#1626 4 years ago

New Soren Custom ROM is out for this game.

Better implementation of the no re-pick rule of the previous patch released.
With fixed Computer award sequence added.
Special thanks to Ron Hallett.

Demolition Man
Rev. LX-4 patch c83f
Download link: https://tinyurl.com/uhxp7dq 4
Please read the Readme and follow the patch guide carefully.

Demolition Man
Rev. LH-6 patch 9a16
Download link: https://tinyurl.com/vzqeg94 1
Enables coin play. Otherwise identical to the LX-4 patch.

Release note

Changes

New feature adjustment A.2 26 “Claw re-picks”. Options: “Points” and “Award”.
“Points”: Selecting a Claw exit which is already lit will award 10M points only.
“Award”: As rev. LX-4. Claw exits are always awarding its mode/progress.

Default: “Points”.

New feature adjustment A.2 27 “T-play Computer awards”. Options: “Fixed” and “Random”.
“Fixed”: When Tournament play selected, the Computer will do awards in the following sequence (player individual).
Light explode.
Collect standups.
Collect bonus.
Maximize freezes.
3x car crash.
Light arrows.
2x retina scan.
“Random”: As rev. LX-4. When Tournament play selected, the Computer will do awards in a random sequence. But same for all players.

Default: “Fixed”.

New DMD sequence for when Claw re-pick awards points only. Based on the skill shot one.

Adjustment A.1 21 “Language” is limited to “English”.

Adjustment A.1 28 “Min. vol override” defaults to “Yes”.

Why it rocks

Great shame to see the Claw, as the major mechanical feature of the game, disabled in competition setup.
Better strategic control over when to spend the light multiball/start multiball trumph.
Modes selection according to player preference.

Less randomisation game to game.
Fixed Computer award sequence allowing for strategic play.

Note

Claw awards un-light when the fifth one has been selected.
No requirement to play Demolition time first.

The Computer award sequence is carefully chosen: points, multiball progress, more points, better multiball progress, …

#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

profanity ROMs

go to menu, I believe A2 there is a "vulgar speech" set to off. no need to change ROMs

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

go to menu, I believe A2 there is a "vulgar speech" set to off. no need to change ROMs

Just turned it to off.. still says FREE ONLY. even when I set it to free play!

#1629 4 years ago

You might need just a new mpu rom then, some home roms only allow free play.

#1630 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

Just turned it to off.. still says FREE ONLY. even when I set it to free play!

Pricing is in A3, that's where you turn off free play and set it to the coins you want.

#1631 4 years ago

Joined the other week!!

Play this game a lot in tournaments so wanted to get my hands on it to learn better.

Players condition but I'll spruce it up as best as I can. I usually strip the topside and clean it up as best I can. Tumble a few parts and Novus then Wax!

Few little errors but I'll wait till I've stripped and cleaned before I bug you guys!!

83521937_171656880715512_8709819730665406464_n (resized).jpg83521937_171656880715512_8709819730665406464_n (resized).jpg
#1632 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

PinballCenter seems to have stock for the unobtainium 31-1919-16 plastic: https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/demolition-man/3967/plastic-for-demolition-man-31-1919-16?number=43622
Lower your expectations as PinballCenter plastic quality is far from great, but it’s still better than no plastic at all.

Went there, checkout is greyed out, shopping cart says "We do not ship to your country!". What happens for you after selecting USA as your country?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Shipping To USA Verboten (resized).jpgShipping To USA Verboten (resized).jpg
#1633 4 years ago
Quoted from DFitz:

Went there, checkout is greyed out, shopping cart says "We do not ship to your country!". What happens for you after selecting USA as your country?

Pinball Center stopped shipping to the US 2-3 years ago... Even though their main landing page says they ship worldwide! Before they stopped all together, they were trying to charge like $400 shipping for a set of sling plastics!

#1634 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

The "unobtanium" (31-1919-16 plastic) is also in stock here as of 1/26/2020:
At www.planetarypinball.com, which merged with Bay Area Amusements 1/1/2020, so you can come at this from www.bayareaamusements.com and also hit the merged website via redirect if your credentials are BAA and they should work.

PPS-BAA (resized).jpgPPS-BAA (resized).jpg
#1635 4 years ago

Does anyone know what part number this might be?!?

Struggling to find it or know what it may be called.

Thanks guys

img-0158_orig (resized).jpgimg-0158_orig (resized).jpg
#1636 4 years ago

double post

#1637 4 years ago

Hi, you can ask at WWW.SOS-PINBALL.COM 8 euros worldwide shipping

#1638 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Pinball Center stopped shipping to the US 2-3 years ago... Even though their main landing page says they ship worldwide! Before they stopped all together, they were trying to charge like $400 shipping for a set of sling plastics!

Interestingly Pinball Center GmbH themselves replied this via email to my newbie user inquiry at their service desk:
for USA read this on Pinside how you can order from us
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/german-mail-forwarding-workaround-for-pinball-center

#1639 4 years ago

I have never heard a good thing about that place. Ask for a picture of the plastic installed with lights on in comparrison with an original.

#1640 4 years ago

Are the diamond/parallelogram shaped trigger side plates, the parts that are on the insides of the cabinet right and left, made of aluminum or steel? I found a broken off threaded standoff/stud in the bottom of the cabinet that goes to the RH plate and that stud seems to be made of aluminum. But maybe aluminum studs were pressed into the steel plate. I'm unsure if maybe both materials were used in production and what I'd receive if ordering a new one.

#1641 4 years ago

I have a DemoMan playfield if anyone is interested? Send me a DM.

1 week later
#1642 4 years ago

Price drop

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Demolition Man Archived
Fully restored (full original status) - “I’m reposting my very clean Demo Man. Every piece of this game has been disassembled cleaned repaired or replaced as necessary. Game comes with playfield protector installed. La...”
2020-01-29
Groton, CT
3,800 (Firm)
Archived after: 24 days
Viewed: 1711 times
Contributed to Pinside

#1643 4 years ago

Is Ksarcade the last part supplier still selling the Cryo Opto Board? I need a
new one but $55 + $50 shipping to Europe for such a small board is a hard pill to swallow.

I have emailed GLM but doubt I will ever get an answer.

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

Is Ksarcade the last part supplier still selling the Cryo Opto Board? I need a
new one but $55 + $50 shipping to Europe for such a small board is a hard pill to swallow.
I have emailed GLM but doubt I will ever get an answer.

You can give up on GLM. Have you tried pinball spare parts Australia?

#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You can give up on GLM. Have you tried pinball spare parts Australia?

Thanks. I just had a look, couldn't find the board there :/

#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

They had plastics a while ago, are they just out of stock? I got a new set last year

Just wondering who you were refering to?

#1647 4 years ago

Hi All

New here and new to owning a pinni. A demolition man (obviously) slowly upgrading it.

Anyway Hi All and talk soon

Geoff

#1648 4 years ago
Quoted from gtsgeoff:

Just wondering who you were refering to?

Marco

#1649 4 years ago

I finally got around to swapping the FL-11630 coils for FL-11629 and also added a piece of foam in the left scoop assembly to reduce bounce backs. It's a completely different game now! I just clocked a new 9.7B highscore.

Still no luck on the claw though. Everything registers fine in test mode but during a game, the claw picks up the ball, goes to the left and just stays there. Triggers buttons don't make it move one inch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#1650 4 years ago

Hi All

Has anyone got any plastics from that german website the pinball center? Because i got some and they look nothing like the pictures on the site. and thats only the start. they were 4 different colours. One of them was cut way off centre.

If they actually sent me one like the picture on the website i would be really happy. that's what i wanted but its not what i got.

Im so disappointed. then i send an email back to the company and got completely dismissed. I give them a second chance to address my concerns and they dismissed me again.

If you are gong to order from these people get them to send you photos of the actual product before you commit to paying them because their pictures on their website are not the same as the product they send you.

has anyone else ordered form these guys? What was your experience?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 81.95
$ 37.50
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 72.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/33?hl=yellowghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.