(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 63.
#1551 4 years ago

Finally, finished cleaning mine up. Mirror blades, new plastics, new eyeball, led lighting, pinshaker, and led buttons. Messed up one of the buttons had to order a new one. Thanks Gweempose for convince me to buy the eyeball from eBay. One issue need a new trigger. Mine works but the dog took a bit out of it. I dropped it changing out the botton and didn't even know she swooped in to get it. That darn trigger is sold out everywhere.

20191120_170217 (resized).jpg20191120_170217 (resized).jpg
#1552 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Finally, finished cleaning mine up. Mirror blades, new plastics, new eyeball, led lighting, pinshaker, and led buttons. Messed up one of the buttons had to order a new one. Thanks Gweempose for convince me to buy the eyeball from eBay. One issue need a new trigger. Mine works but the dog took a bit out of it. I dropped it changing out the botton and didn't even know she swooped in to get it. That darn trigger is sold out everywhere.[quoted image]

New eyeballs on.ebay ?!!

#1553 4 years ago

What are those blue led strips on the sides of the machine?

#1554 4 years ago

Ok, I have a weird issue. Durring multiball, when the first ball drains, it ends multiball despite there being more balls on the PF.

I think Im running outdated roms, think that could be the issue? Im at a loss on what else it could be.

#1555 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

New eyeballs on.ebay ?!!

I was looking for a new floating eyeball and he happen to spot on a few months back. I almost passed, glad I didn't. I haven't seen one since.

#1556 4 years ago

Linkage could be dirty optos in the ball trough. It’s pretty easy to clean them.

#1557 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

What are those blue led strips on the sides of the machine?

If you take a look at the edges of the play field, the wood rails have been moved in leaving about a 1/4 inch on both sides. This is perfect for LED stripping. I ordered a roll from Amazon and used the Aux output of the ColorDMD for the 12v. Looks great with the mirror blades. I'll try and post a few more pictures.

#1558 4 years ago

Count me in the club!!

Game is in great shape aside from the handles. If anyone has a spare set or knows where they can be purchased (I know they are hard to find) I would love to obtian a better condition set.

Mine are too rough to chrome or anything. Bondo and paint all over them.

20191111_165520 (resized).jpg20191111_165520 (resized).jpg
#1559 4 years ago

I was able to get eyeballs easily. I have a couple with different color retinas even. I’ll post the source when I get home.

#1560 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I was able to get eyeballs easily. I have a couple with different color retinas even. I’ll post the source when I get home.

Nice love to grab an extra. When I was looking for them I couldn't find the correct size.

#1561 4 years ago

I guess I'd buy an eyeball if it is only a few bucks. Otherwise the pinball I placed in there works just fine.

#1562 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Count me in the club!!
Game is in great shape aside from the handles. If anyone has a spare set or knows where they can be purchased (I know they are hard to find) I would love to obtian a better condition set.
Mine are too rough to chrome or anything. Bondo and paint all over them.[quoted image]

For chromed handles: Chris from pinballplating.com sc93cobra

He does exchanges and consult of yours likely won’t matter.

#1563 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

For chromed handles: Chris from pinballplating.com sc93cobra
He does exchanges and consult of yours likely won’t matter.

He has been contacted about them before. Said he could not do it in the condition they were in.

#1564 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

He has been contacted about them before. Said he could not do it in the condition they were in.

If they are fulla bondo, might as well add more bondo , sand it smoith and paint them. You got nothing to lose.

#1565 4 years ago

Dammit man, reveal your source!

#1566 4 years ago

From my recent restoration I always horde extras and spares because I’m crazy. The one on the left came with the game. Wrong eyeball. I believe I got this from an Australia website but I haven’t found it yet. I will post when I find it.

532F411B-52F3-4E31-BCB0-747F8D9D5A22 (resized).jpeg532F411B-52F3-4E31-BCB0-747F8D9D5A22 (resized).jpeg908AD6C8-06C9-4DD5-9630-F868419900AF (resized).jpeg908AD6C8-06C9-4DD5-9630-F868419900AF (resized).jpeg
#1567 4 years ago

From my recent restoration I always horde extras and spares because I’m crazy. The one on the left came with the game. Wrong eyeball. I believe I got this from an Australia website but I haven’t found it yet. I will post when I find it.[quoted image][quoted image]

Hopefully these will not dry out over time. Good idea having spares but if the one in the machine dries up, your spares might have dried up by that time too.

#1569 4 years ago

I bought 4 of them and stuck one in the game.

#1570 4 years ago

From my recent restoration I always horde extras and spares because I’m crazy. The one on the left came with the game. Wrong eyeball. I believe I got this from an Australia website but I haven’t found it yet. I will post when I find it.[quoted image][quoted image]

My original ball from Austria looked just like the one on the left.

#1571 4 years ago

Mine looks like the one on the left and I thought it was stock. I am going to try and fill mine back up. Should I inject it with mineral oil? Silicon oil?

#1572 4 years ago

I guess I don’t know what the stock one is suppose to look like then. I saw a website that shows a restoration of a stock one and it looked more like the ones on the right to me. That guy said it was filled with alcohol. He spent about 100 man hours getting it back to normal.

#1573 4 years ago

I stand corrected here is the article from 2003. Eyeball looks like the one on the left. I’m not going through that for this eyeball though. I’ll use the mr. pinball ones. Shipping is expensive but if you get enough people together you can split the shipping.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/ij2/shop/Eyeball.htm

#1574 4 years ago

Anyone have a lead on a Trigger button? One of mine is functional but has issues.

#1575 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Anyone have a lead on a Trigger button? One of mine is functional but has issues.

waldo34 robd222 made metal trigger buttons about a year ago. Not sure if he has any left. I bought a set. I'd sell you my plastic ones, but I'm at least two projects away from messing with my demoman.

#1576 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

I have some original trigger buttons in perfect condition I will be happy to just give you, or maybe trade something for.

20191122_140225 (resized).jpg20191122_140225 (resized).jpg
#1577 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I have some original trigger buttons in perfect condition I will be happy to just give you, or maybe trade something for.[quoted image]

Sending a PM now.

#1578 4 years ago

As I can't really do anything on the pin while waiting for parts to be delivered, I started fiddling around on Photoshop for custom instruction cards and almost accidentally ended up working on a draft of a potential alternate translite. It's still miles away from being ready for printing but I like the composition.

Instruction cards based on the same artworks are ready. I will print them tomorrow and see how they look.

Untitled-1 (resized).pngUntitled-1 (resized).png
#1579 4 years ago

I stand corrected here is the article from 2003. Eyeball looks like the one on the left. I’m not going through that for this eyeball though. I’ll use the mr. pinball ones. Shipping is expensive but if you get enough people together you can split the shipping.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/ij2/shop/Eyeball.htm

I read this. I think this guy over-thought the process. Take out the bead, fill it with water or something else and glue the bead back in. Hardest part is getting the bead out. So what if theres a few air bubbles. Not going to see them after its installed.

#1580 4 years ago

Not sure how these parts got broken, but I'm sure they are unobtainium huh? The claw drop is whatever, but it would be neat to be able to see the car.

BA28F20D-0EE0-46B8-8042-CD882CE63B58 (resized).jpegBA28F20D-0EE0-46B8-8042-CD882CE63B58 (resized).jpegBD1A656B-D789-4ABB-82AF-C4EF89276824 (resized).jpegBD1A656B-D789-4ABB-82AF-C4EF89276824 (resized).jpeg
#1581 4 years ago

The white car is common. Red one not so much. You might find something close at a flea market.

#1582 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

The white car is common. Red one not so much. You might find something close at a flea market.

Sorry I should have elaborated. The tunnel the car goes through was broken and someone fixed it with fiberglass that you can’t see through.

It does have a black car in it though, not the red one.

#1583 4 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

Sorry I should have elaborated. The tunnel the car goes through was broken and someone fixed it with fiberglass that you can’t see through.
It does have a black car in it though, not the red one.

I would just remove it until you find a replacement. The ball may get stuck from time to time but it would look a lot better than it does now.

#1584 4 years ago

Not sure thats a good idea. That tube also prevents the cars from smashing into optos and gi bulbs.

#1585 4 years ago

Anyone have any information about an elevator mod discussed in Post 139 and Post 141?

#1586 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

You can get them 3d printed for cheap if you have at least one decent one for scanning.

#1587 4 years ago

Eyeballs from Aussie are sold out. I got an unfortunate refund. Sad day...

#1588 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Eyeballs from Aussie are sold out. I got an unfortunate refund. Sad day...

Aw bummer, I was going to order today... I have a mint HUO Demo Man, the only flaw is a dry eyeball replaced by this temporary that I got from Marco about a year ago... https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-EYE And even it's out of stock now!

#1589 4 years ago

I'm in the process of cleaning up my Demolition Man and I'm stuck with the plastic claw removal: I cannot move the claw by hand all the way behind the playfield and the 3 metal posts in front of it are preventing me from removing the plastic cover. Any idea? I didn't force the claw too much out of fear of breaking it :/

I attached some pics. I couldn't get a good look at the cryo claw board, but from what I can tell from behind the plastic, it's filled with hacks... I reached out to to GLM for a replacement one but they never replied.

IMG_4157 (resized).jpgIMG_4157 (resized).jpgIMG_4191 (resized).jpgIMG_4191 (resized).jpgIMG_4140 (resized).jpgIMG_4140 (resized).jpgIMG_8761 (resized).JPGIMG_8761 (resized).JPG
#1591 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

I'm in the process of cleaning up my Demolition Man and I'm stuck with the plastic claw removal: I cannot move the claw by hand all the way behind the playfield and the 3 metal posts in front of it are preventing me from removing the plastic cover. Any idea? I didn't force the claw too much out of fear of breaking it :/
I attached some pics. I couldn't get a good look at the cryo claw board, but from what I can tell from behind the plastic, it's filled with hacks... I reached out to to GLM for a replacement one but they never replied.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can't you remove the three posts from under the playfield? When I removed mine, I was able to swivel the crane out of the way. Try it again or look to see if there is an obstruction somewhere. You should be able to turn it all the way.

#1592 4 years ago

Forgot to mention I tried removing the three posts. I removed the nuts below the playfield but couldn’t unscrew them. I’ll give it another try tomorrow! Thanks for the replies.

#1593 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

Forgot to mention I tried removing the three posts. I removed the nuts below the playfield but couldn’t unscrew them. I’ll give it another try tomorrow! Thanks for the replies.

They dont screw in. I had to unscrew the nuts to the end and then tap the nut with a hammer to get them out.

#1594 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

They dont screw in. I had to unscrew the nuts to the end and then tap the nut with a hammer to get them out.

Ah good to know, thanks! Will try that tomorrow.

Also I noticed a loose wire on the cryo claw ramp. Seems to be yellow-black (or yellow-blue, not sure). Any idea where it's supposed to go?

IMG_2245 (resized).jpgIMG_2245 (resized).jpg
#1595 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

Also I noticed a loose wire on the cryo claw ramp. Seems to be yellow-black (or yellow-blue, not sure). Any idea where it's supposed to go?[quoted image]

What wasn',t working before you pulled it? I would assume for the lamp sockets. It looks like it broke. Look for a solder pad with wire strands embedded in it.

#1596 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

Also I noticed a loose wire on the cryo claw ramp. Seems to be yellow-black (or yellow-blue, not sure). Any idea where it's supposed to go?[quoted image]

It looks like it goes there.

20191128_222845 (resized).jpg20191128_222845 (resized).jpg
#1597 4 years ago

Does anyone have either just this plastic or a full set for sale? Or can anyone reproduce it? Mine is cracked in half. I could also use the car tube if that's available anywhere.

Screenshot_20191128-225522_Chrome~01 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191128-225522_Chrome~01 (resized).jpg
#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from DorkInAbox:

Does anyone have either just this plastic or a full set for sale? Or can anyone reproduce it? Mine is cracked in half. I could also use the car tube if that's available anywhere.[quoted image]

I think they’re unobtainium. I couldn’t find one and I’ve looked everywhere. But when I see the quality of the other plastic repros I bought, I’m thinking I’m better off with the broken originals..

Quoted from yellowghost:

Worked like a charm, thanks! Turns out my cryo claw board seems to be working fine in spite of the hacks. My issue is with the elevator opto.

#1599 4 years ago
Quoted from DorkInAbox:

Does anyone have either just this plastic or a full set for sale? Or can anyone reproduce it? Mine is cracked in half. I could also use the car tube if that's available anywhere.[quoted image]

Good luck. Somebody should reproduce this piece. Its broken on just about every demolition man i've seen. Problem is that you need to bend it back to remove the nuts underneath holding down the ramps. I recommend adding two more stand-offs , one. drilling two holes in the two broken pieces and walk away. A new plastic will break eventually just like the old one.

#1600 4 years ago

I purchased a Demo Man a while back with a few issues, all of them resolved except for one. I have a locked on flasher #40 center ramp. Looking for the problem, I have checked everything thoroughly with no luck. I then focused on the Rottendog Supplemental Williams Driver Board that was powering it. I was considering replacing it, but took a close inspection of the board and found something curious. there is writing on the board that says: Demolition Man SW4 Out. Does this mean that the area SW4 should not have a resistor there? Can someone verify that this should be the case? Maybe this is the reason for my problem. I circled the area in a photo. If there is no resister there please let me know.

Scoot.

20191129_172522 (resized).jpg20191129_172522 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 81.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 72.95
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 40.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.