(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,042 posts
  • 429 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Peer
  • Topic is favorited by 155 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2590 (resized).jpeg
56792a12-d9e6-4eb5-8120-90cf43539721 (resized).jpeg
17092502734479174720410168802459 (resized).jpg
p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg
dm3 (resized).jpg
dm2 (resized).jpg
dm (resized).jpg
20240130_123819 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DemoManLaunchThumb (resized).jpg
DemoManLaunch04 (resized).jpg
DemoManLaunch03 (resized).jpg
DemoManLaunchThread (resized).jpg
PDC04580.JPG

There are 3,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 61.
#1501 4 years ago

Unfortunately having to leave this fine club. I just listed mine in the marketplace. If anyone is in, or near Cali, and is wanting a beautiful example of this title go ahead an PM me.

1 week later
#1502 4 years ago

I have had this for over a month and enjoying it tremendously. Does this pin require a steeper incline than most other pins? I can’t have it any less than 7.5 degrees or it gets mad airballs.

1FCC1476-F824-4BC1-A29C-A990D743A6FE (resized).jpeg1FCC1476-F824-4BC1-A29C-A990D743A6FE (resized).jpeg
#1503 4 years ago

Nice looking Demo!

#1504 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I have had this for over a month and enjoying it tremendously. Does this pin require a steeper incline than most other pins? I can’t have it any less than 7.5 degrees or it gets mad airballs.[quoted image]

Where are the airballs happening?

#1505 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Where are the airballs happening?

I'm going to guess they are coming off the yellow stand up targets, particularly the ones closest to the flippers.

#1506 4 years ago

Translite done and at the final testing phase. If anyone wants to get in on the run, the pre orders are open:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/demolition-man-hand-drawn-alternate-pinball-translite/

demolition man alternate translite 2 (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite 2 (resized).jpg

demolition man alternate translite 3 (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite 3 (resized).jpg

#1507 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm going to guess they are coming off the yellow stand up targets, particularly the ones closest to the flippers.

Yes, mainly from the stand ups. I have replaced the foam behind them and it has helped. I still am at over 7 degrees which seems to play fine.

1 week later
#1508 4 years ago

Has anybody attempted to inject new fluid into the floating eyeball? And what to use? Water?

#1509 4 years ago

Still got mine up for sale if you’re interested. She’s a beaut! PM me with offers

#1510 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Has anybody attempted to inject new fluid into the floating eyeball? And what to use? Water?

Yes there is someone that restored the eyeball. They used alcohol to refill. I was able to purchase new eyeballs for fairly cheap. Not worth the effort in my opinion. I can’t remember the website but it was recent and they are gettable.

#1511 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Yes there is someone that restored the eyeball. They used alcohol to refill. I was able to purchase new eyeballs for fairly cheap. Not worth the effort in my opinion. I can’t remember the website but it was recent and they are gettable.

They are out there I know. But the same size. Even if you find a contact email of these websites, they dont have a clue what the measurements are.

#1512 4 years ago

I believe it was Mr Pinball. An Australian website. They have them in different colors. They are same as original.

1 week later
#1513 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can get new graphics and or art files for Demo man? I'm mostly interested in new front main cabinet and top cabinet side art?

#1515 4 years ago

If anybody in the club ordered the alternative translite, you wont be disappointed. I received mine today and it displays great when backlit...

20190926_213940 (resized).jpg20190926_213940 (resized).jpg20190926_213947 (resized).jpg20190926_213947 (resized).jpg20190926_214555 (resized).jpg20190926_214555 (resized).jpg
#1516 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

If anybody in the club ordered the alternative translite, you wont be disappointed. I received mine today and it displays great when backlit...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, you have leds or the regular bulbs behind it. My tracking says still crossing the boarder sense 9/21.

#1517 4 years ago

Cool white LEDs

#1518 4 years ago

Still have my gorgeous DM listed on the marketplace. Price lowered to $3100. Located in Southern California.

1 week later
#1519 4 years ago

I bought a Demolition Man on Monday. Spent Monday night shopping it and installed LEDs and then Tuesday morning replacing BR3 on the driver board because F112 was blowing (secondary coils).

Man, this is a fun game! I have to update the ROMs because it's running an older version. I'm waiting for my order of chips to arrive so I can burn them and update to the "swearing" sounds ROMs. Do most of you run the custom Demolition Time ROM? I plan to install that when my chips arrive, but wanted to get feedback on that versus the latest home ROM + swearing ROMs.

#1520 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I bought a Demolition Man on Monday. Spent Monday night shopping it and installed LEDs and then Tuesday morning replacing BR3 on the driver board because F112 was blowing (secondary coils).
Man, this is a fun game! I have to update the ROMs because it's running an older version. I'm waiting for my order of chips to arrive so I can burn them and update to the "swearing" sounds ROMs. Do most of you run the custom Demolition Time ROM? I plan to install that when my chips arrive, but wanted to get feedback on that versus the latest home ROM + swearing ROMs.

The coder never finished Demo Time. It's buggy. Weird things happen at weird times. It plays for the most part, but if you do find it and install it, expect crazy things to happen from time to time during your games.

#1521 4 years ago

Ok, that's what I was thinking, that it was never finished. Found the coder's site, but didn't see further updates after a certain point. Thanks for saving me some time!

#1522 4 years ago

I don't have any custom roms and I still have demolition time mode. Not sure why people add those roms.

#1523 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I don't have any custom roms and I still have demolition time mode. Not sure why people add those roms.

The new software was named "Demolition Time". Added a few video modes, new rules, etc.

#1524 4 years ago

Anyone installed the lighted eye mod on eBay?

#1526 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Get the Soren roms!

Trying to find what exactly that version does? Can you elaborate?

#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It's a small mod, just makes it so you can't use 'lock freeze' from the claw repeatedly. Makes the game a lot more balanced, imo. Play more of the field

#1528 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Mainly used for tournaments. Typically tournaments that have Demo Man, disable the claw so that the players can't pick the lock freeze over and over and over. This ROM just blocks that tactic and forces the player to pick another option. However if they DO pick lock freeze a second time, the software will trigger "super pops" instead.

#1529 4 years ago

Oh OK I did see that mentioned. That makes sense to do, I’ll add that with the non-ghosting patch as well. Thanks

#1530 4 years ago

Got my chips in the mail today and updated to the H-6 home and swearing roms a little while ago. Much better!

1 week later
#1531 4 years ago

Got some time on a Demo Man at the York show for the first time since I was a little kid. All I have to say is that this machine makes me feel like no other pin has ever made me feel while playing it... comfortable! I'm 6'4" and this is the only pin I havn't had to lean over to play. I love the trigger handles. Not now, but I see one of these in my future.

#1532 4 years ago

Soren is best by far. Demo time isn't that good. Worth it for the variety though. I played for a couple weeks.

#1533 4 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

Just got in some new blank chips. If anyone needs a burn just let me know

Demolition Time Custom code back in stock if anyone wants a copy.

#1534 4 years ago

Made led light strips for Demo Man tonight. I usually play in a dark room and the additional lighting is nice when playing. Since it’s a wide body, it’s nice to have some More lighting towards the middle.

A2BCFC8E-1E81-401D-BC53-2F79DD99C883 (resized).jpegA2BCFC8E-1E81-401D-BC53-2F79DD99C883 (resized).jpegC2221D5E-1ABC-4230-A140-39D663892A76 (resized).jpegC2221D5E-1ABC-4230-A140-39D663892A76 (resized).jpegE78F1E04-2BBF-470C-87A4-7FAD5923EB7E (resized).jpegE78F1E04-2BBF-470C-87A4-7FAD5923EB7E (resized).jpeg
#1535 4 years ago

Hello!
Been offered a demolition man pinball for €1250 as I'm in Portugal.
Seems to work fine and needs shopping but it's missing the handles which I am told are a requirement for bonus points etc.

Looked everywhere on the net for replacement handles but no luck, has anyone got any ideas as to whether I definitely need them or where to get a set from.

Many thanks.

#1536 4 years ago

Got two pins, demolition man and world cup 94 for €1850 !!!!

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakemate:

Hello!
Been offered a demolition man pinball for €1250 as I'm in Portugal.
Seems to work fine and needs shopping but it's missing the handles which I am told are a requirement for bonus points etc.

Looked everywhere on the net for replacement handles but no luck, has anyone got any ideas as to whether I definitely need them or where to get a set from.

Many thanks.

Fortunately, you can still play the game fully without the handles. The only things you will not be able to do is take advantage of the trigger combos and access the secret jackpots and other hidden bonuses / Easter eggs. It's going to be very difficult to find those handles. Your best bet is if someone is parting out a game, but they will go quick, so you better watch the market like a hawk! I'd definitely recommend placing a WTB add for them on Pinside in case someone has a set lying around.

#1538 4 years ago

I am missing the oldsmobile hot-wheels but I found this at a swap meet. It had some dragonballs-zed stickers on it and a red windscreen. Should not be too hard to repaint. Forming a new wind-screen should be a lill more difficult.

20190923_160548 (resized).jpg20190923_160548 (resized).jpg
#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Fortunately, you can still play the game fully without the handles. The only things you will not be able to do is take advantage of the trigger combos and access the secret jackpots and other hidden bonuses / Easter eggs. It's going to be very difficult to find those handles. Your best bet is if someone is parting out a game, but they will go quick, so you better watch the market like a hawk! I'd definitely recommend placing a WTB add for them on Pinside in case someone has a set lying around.

Thank you, yes I'll put an add on. Thank you for getting back to me.

I've played the game, like it very much and is still lots of fun as it is so if I don't get the handles it's not a massive loss as I got the two pins at a good price with not much to do but general cleaning, replacing rubbers etc and the odd switch not registering.

2 weeks later
#1540 4 years ago

Anyone have an extra pair of anodized red aluminum triggers they wish to part with?

#1541 4 years ago

In the middle of a tear down and reassemble. Dispite my pictures need some help with where this piece goes.

20191107_205527 (resized).jpg20191107_205527 (resized).jpg20191107_205543 (resized).jpg20191107_205543 (resized).jpg
#1542 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

In the middle of a tear down and reassemble. Dispite my pictures need some help with where this piece goes.[quoted image][quoted image]

I think it goes next to the launch ball kicker?

Also I just joined the club!

7FC5981F-B555-4B5B-94A7-53E00E724FCB (resized).jpeg7FC5981F-B555-4B5B-94A7-53E00E724FCB (resized).jpeg
#1543 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

I think it goes next to the launch ball kicker?
Also I just joined the club![quoted image]

Thanks.
Welcome to the club.

#1544 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I am missing the oldsmobile hot-wheels but I found this at a swap meet. It had some dragonballs-zed stickers on it and a red windscreen. Should not be too hard to repaint. Forming a new wind-screen should be a lill more difficult.[quoted image]

Pretty cheap on eBay

ebay.com link: 0

#1545 4 years ago

Messing with a demo man that won’t boot unless j202 is unplugged. Looks to have some new ribbon cables and boards already. What should I be checking first?
328E1158-EDFF-42DC-8EE4-A3F8C7913981 (resized).jpeg328E1158-EDFF-42DC-8EE4-A3F8C7913981 (resized).jpeg69BF3A99-F6D8-4915-99E4-F8B8C812F0BF (resized).jpeg69BF3A99-F6D8-4915-99E4-F8B8C812F0BF (resized).jpeg

#1546 4 years ago

I need to buy new flippers bats ahead of my future cleaning/restoration. Any recommendation about a color other than white? I was thinking about going black.

Also, can you confirm the two posts circled on the picture shouldn't be there? I've looked at pictures in this thread and I couldn't see them.

Thanks!

IMG_3466 (resized).JPGIMG_3466 (resized).JPG
#1547 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

I need to buy new flippers bats ahead of my future cleaning/restoration. Any recommendation about a color other than white? I was thinking about going black.
Also, can you confirm the two posts circled on the picture shouldn't be there? I've looked at pictures in this thread and I couldn't see them.
Thanks![quoted image]

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/images/products/PPS-DMD.JPG

#1548 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

Those posts definitely shouldn't be there. I can't even fathom why someone would have installed them.

#1549 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Those posts definitely shouldn't be there. I can't even fathom why someone would have installed them.

Same here. Could it have been to raise the slingshots plastics a little bit and avoid them damaging?

Anyway, I’ll get rid of them. Thanks! Any recommendations for flipper color?

#1550 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Probably to prevent balls getting stuck behind the rubber

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
4,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 11.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
There are 3,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.