(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Steveboos
  • Topic is favorited by 156 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
022455A9-C713-482A-9C89-103AC9DD30C9 (resized).jpeg
B3E31273-9F7A-4318-8A74-EFC5D5ED0D92 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2590 (resized).jpeg
56792a12-d9e6-4eb5-8120-90cf43539721 (resized).jpeg
17092502734479174720410168802459 (resized).jpg
p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg

There are 3,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 62.
#1451 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Would it be possible to extend the floor where the plastic subway enters to avoid further damage to it?

I'm not sure, you should drop Kerry a line and ask [email protected]

#1452 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Still looking for a plastic set. Would take a partial or lightly used set at this point.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80102

#1453 4 years ago

Thanks for the heads up, I can stop pestering everyone about it now!

1 week later
#1454 4 years ago

Does someone make inserts decals for Demo man? I was told classic arcade but they don't show anything.. thanks in advance

1 week later
#1455 4 years ago

I see new translites available on ebay. Available with and without guns.

dm V1 NG wg pst (resized).jpgdm V1 NG wg pst (resized).jpgdm V1 wg pst (resized).jpgdm V1 wg pst (resized).jpgdm V2  ng pst (resized).jpgdm V2 ng pst (resized).jpgdm V2  wg pst (resized).jpgdm V2 wg pst (resized).jpg
#1456 4 years ago

I like it but what is that scene at the bottom? Man hitting another man with a stick?

#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

what is that scene at the bottom

5A1522DE-DDF3-4A52-8F83-552063AEA921.gif5A1522DE-DDF3-4A52-8F83-552063AEA921.gif
#1458 4 years ago

Thank you sir

#1459 4 years ago

Looks like my Demo Man isn't quite finished. I wonder what the quality is like.

#1460 4 years ago

Anyone have a recommendation on adjustments if the ball isn't making it around to the upper left flipper from the shooter lane (looks like it curls in too much and then bounces into pops)? Seems to be fine from the right orbit shot though. Coil angle/power adjustment?

#1461 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Anyone have a recommendation on adjustments if the ball isn't making it around to the upper left flipper from the shooter lane (looks like it curls in too much and then bounces into pops)? Seems to be fine from the right orbit shot though. Coil angle/power adjustment?

Go in ball trough test and then start loosening the coil bracket and playing with it.

#1462 4 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Looks like my Demo Man isn't quite finished. I wonder what the quality is like.

I like it too but would have to redo my flashers (nbd)

#1463 4 years ago

First saw the movie last night. Fun and much better than I thought it would be. I can see why it has a culty following.

#1464 4 years ago

Another alternate translite from retro refurbs

demolition-man-action-alternate-pinball-translite-backglass-flipper-display (resized).jpgdemolition-man-action-alternate-pinball-translite-backglass-flipper-display (resized).jpg
#1465 4 years ago

I think that translite is the best of what I've seen yet. Really like it.

#1466 4 years ago

I need some help and maybe everyone else could chime in and tell me how their game plays? I find it nearly impossible to relight the M-T-L lights during gameplay. As a result, it's impossible to relight the claw during a single ball. On ball launch, the ball travels all the way around to the upper flipper 99.9% of the time. I can shoot the left orbit consistently back into the multiball lock in the rear, but when it ejects, it nearly always bounces off the rollover lane post rubber and shoots back down the right orbit.
Occasionally a shot up the middle will kick to the right 10% of the time, and as long as it doesn't have too much velocity, the ball will make it into the rollovers.
Is the ball supposed to enter the pops after ejecting from the rear? A right orbit full speed shot always travels all the way around also. I've had some luck right-flipper shooting up the middle to kick to the right, but still not consistently.
I've owned this game for 7 years and it did the same thing even with the old original rubber before I shopped it.
I did a factory reset a while back, and lost my demolition time high score of 1 billion something, and the few times I've gotten back to the wizard mode since, I've failed to beat the factory 500,000,000 to get my initials back up there and it's making me insane.

#1467 4 years ago
Quoted from majorrager:

I need some help and maybe everyone else could chime in and tell me how their game plays? I find it nearly impossible to relight the M-T-L lights during gameplay. As a result, it's impossible to relight the claw during a single ball. On ball launch, the ball travels all the way around to the upper flipper 99.9% of the time. I can shoot the left orbit consistently back into the multiball lock in the rear, but when it ejects, it nearly always bounces off the rollover lane post rubber and shoots back down the right orbit.
Occasionally a shot up the middle will kick to the right 10% of the time, and as long as it doesn't have too much velocity, the ball will make it into the rollovers.
Is the ball supposed to enter the pops after ejecting from the rear? A right orbit full speed shot always travels all the way around also. I've had some luck right-flipper shooting up the middle to kick to the right, but still not consistently.
I've owned this game for 7 years and it did the same thing even with the old original rubber before I shopped it.
I did a factory reset a while back, and lost my demolition time high score of 1 billion something, and the few times I've gotten back to the wizard mode since, I've failed to beat the factory 500,000,000 to get my initials back up there and it's making me insane.

Seems about 50 50 for me as far as the plunge making it around. When I hit the scoop for multiball it usually goes through the mtl lanes. Also hitting the center ramp is about 50/50 on which way it goes.
The right orbit should spot an unlit letter when the first switch is hit.

#1468 4 years ago

I don't think the plunge should ever go into the pops, but my scoop always does. Also my pops will push the ball back up a lot, so I can sometimes get two full completions

#1469 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't think the plunge should ever go into the pops, but my scoop always does. Also my pops will push the ball back up a lot, so I can sometimes get two full completions

I agree but I have not battled that piece yet.

#1470 4 years ago

Backhanding the centre ramp with the right flipper will send the ball to the MTL lanes almost every time. Tough at first, but you'll get it with practice. Also, adjust the switch on the upper sling to be ultra sensitive so bounce ups from the pops at least happen once in a while.

1 week later
#1471 4 years ago

Anyone have a scan of the key dob for demo man? Would love to make a key fob

#1472 4 years ago

Mine claw is randomly going off during game play. Based on the switch test, it’s the Elevator Hold Switch which appears to be an opto.

It also goes off when you smack the playfield, which is weird since it’s an opto.

Neither side connection is loose under the playfield and I tried unplugging both and plugging them back in again with no change.

I’m not sure how you nail down the culprit.

F28154C8-4DA5-43E0-AB33-D370CB0F4AE8 (resized).jpegF28154C8-4DA5-43E0-AB33-D370CB0F4AE8 (resized).jpeg

#1474 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Repin and reflow anyway

Any idea how to get them out? It looks like half the machine needs to come apart to get to them.

#1475 4 years ago

Can probably get at them from the side if you remove the claw first? Won't be fun either way

#1476 4 years ago

Pull the playfield forward and the screws are on the back plate at the top of the playfield. Renove the assembly and the board is on the bottom.

#1477 4 years ago

Also my bracket bent down and the opto was not seeing the piece. You could even bliw canned air into it before removing anything ad that has worked on optos for me. Depends what the fault is.

#1478 4 years ago

Mine was random for a while when I first got it. Sometimes elevator and claw would start up without a ball there and other times wouldn’t move when a ball was hit into it. Slid the playfield out and you can get to things from the backside to remove it. Once I cleaned the optos and reflowed the boards it has worked perfectly since. It was a pain but not the hardest thing I’ve done.

#1479 4 years ago

If I could find a 442 body I could have a pretty cool topper.

IMG_20190710_094047.jpgIMG_20190710_094047.jpg
1 week later
#1480 4 years ago

Does anyone have the special bolts that go in the Handles. Or any sources for ordering. Bought a DM with 3 missing on each handle, total 6. Buy em one at a time if need be. HELP!!! and a big Thanks

#1481 4 years ago

Which ones? The bolts that hold the handles together or the bolts that hold the handle to the cabinet?

#1482 4 years ago

Hey Demoman 1 - Any chance that the location you live you own a Whitewater pinball ?

#1483 4 years ago

The other half of this is a security screw. This piece holds the handle together.

83CD78FB-E674-4860-8DF1-D3E8A69BDB36 (resized).jpeg83CD78FB-E674-4860-8DF1-D3E8A69BDB36 (resized).jpeg
#1484 4 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

Does anyone have the special bolts that go in the Handles. Or any sources for ordering. Bought a DM with 3 missing on each handle, total 6. Buy em one at a time if need be. HELP!!! and a big Thanks

I would like to replace my set with a set of stainless. Had my handles re chromed and the originals look like crap. Guess I need to take them out and get the correct sizes.

#1485 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I would like to replace my set with a set of stainless. Had my handles re chromed and the originals look like crap. Guess I need to take them out and get the correct sizes.

These might work for the barrels and the just buy regular button head cap screws at the correct length for the other side.

https://www.mcmaster.com/98975a253

#1486 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

These might work for the barrels and the just buy regular button head cap screws at the correct length for the other side.
https://www.mcmaster.com/98975a253

If I remember stock is 8/32. 10/32 might not fit the hole. Maybe if you hogged out the holes more? McMaster also has the stainless security head screws so people don’t steal them.

#1487 4 years ago

If I remember stock is 8/32. 10/32 might not fit the hole. Maybe if you hogged out the holes more? McMaster also has the stainless security head screws so people don’t steal them.

I can check when I get home. coulda swore they looked like #10's

#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I would like to replace my set with a set of stainless.

I tried to go with stainless and it looks a little odd against the bright chrome of newly plated handles. I ended up taking increasing grit wet dry sand paper and polishing pads from Hoybby Lobby and polishing the heads of the original barrel nuts and screws. It turned out nicely. I'll post a picture this evening when I get home if you care to see how it looks.

#1489 4 years ago

Can anybody tell me anything about these spacers. Ive seen two with these spacers. I dont have them. Not sure if they went missing over the years but the manuel says the ramps are screwed into the playfield. One leg of my left ramp hovers bout a half inch over the playfield so I must need at least one of them.

20190723_221517 (resized).jpg20190723_221517 (resized).jpg
#1490 4 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

I tried to go with stainless and it looks a little odd against the bright chrome of newly plated handles. I ended up taking increasing grit wet dry sand paper and polishing pads from Hoybby Lobby and polishing the heads of the original barrel nuts and screws. It turned out nicely. I'll post a picture this evening when I get home if you care to see how it looks.

Stainless looks like fresh chrome when polished.

962E4030-325C-4977-B53F-DAF55300222F (resized).jpeg962E4030-325C-4977-B53F-DAF55300222F (resized).jpegA317CBF1-FA2D-4BA6-8ABA-B1C8631F296F (resized).jpegA317CBF1-FA2D-4BA6-8ABA-B1C8631F296F (resized).jpegEB0381ED-DC4D-44B4-BBCE-A333BF968F4B (resized).jpegEB0381ED-DC4D-44B4-BBCE-A333BF968F4B (resized).jpegD70DD3E8-83DB-4894-A9E4-C40B9AA6E5EF (resized).jpegD70DD3E8-83DB-4894-A9E4-C40B9AA6E5EF (resized).jpeg849AE7A3-C85D-4FF7-AC8B-3CA6852AC370 (resized).jpeg849AE7A3-C85D-4FF7-AC8B-3CA6852AC370 (resized).jpeg7DEC9F05-977D-47F7-8D4B-0F9654A6171F (resized).jpeg7DEC9F05-977D-47F7-8D4B-0F9654A6171F (resized).jpeg
#1491 4 years ago

There is a DM hand drawn alternate translite project in the works right now. I thought you guys would like to see it or follow the progress
Here is the topic: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-hand-drawn-alternative-translite-wip

demolition man alternate translite (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite (resized).jpg

#1492 4 years ago

Stainless looks like fresh chrome when polished.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great but you'll be forever wiping fingerprints off the handles lol

#1493 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Can anybody tell me anything about these spacers. Ive seen two with these spacers. I dont have them. Not sure if they went missing over the years but the manuel says the ramps are screwed into the playfield. One leg of my left ramp hovers bout a half inch over the playfield so I must need at least one of them.[quoted image]

steel ramps left and centre screw to them . cant imagine where yours screw to

#1494 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Looks great but you'll be forever wiping fingerprints off the handles lol

solved that with $3 heatshrink.

IMG_0985 (resized).JPGIMG_0985 (resized).JPG
#1495 4 years ago

Yeah I like the stainless look. Did we figure out what the exact sizes were?

1 week later
#1496 4 years ago

Anybody have A Demolition Man playfield for sale? PM me Thx Robert

#1497 4 years ago

If anyone's looking I just very begrudgingly listed my DM for sale

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/83152

#1498 4 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

steel ramps left and centre screw to them . cant imagine where yours screw to

The lower is screwed into the playfield. The top one just floats above about 1/2"

1 week later
#1499 4 years ago

Looking for apron cards anyone have a cool design they want to share?

#1500 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Looking for apron cards anyone have a cool design they want to share?

I'll share this one.

Cards.pngCards.png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 3,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/30?hl=phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.