(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 63.
#101 11 years ago

I've owned it for just over a year now. The game just continues to be fun. I added the home roms about a month or two ago and really like them. It just added a new twist to it. The outlanes are now open all the way with no lower rubber, just to make it a bit tougher.

I had thought about moving it out when WOZ comes in, but I'll probably find another spot in the house to put DM so I can keep playing it. Just a solid fun game.

#102 11 years ago

I installed this mod today!

dm_mod.jpegdm_mod.jpeg

#103 11 years ago

Picked one up Sunday. Playfield is in great shape. One little wear spot wear the pops drain into the right loop. Really fun game!

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Picked one up Sunday. Playfield is in great shape. One little wear spot wear the pops drain into the right loop. Really fun game!

Awesome to hear! I love mine. I think I scored it for $1200ish about two years ago. It had some major operator hacks (taped on pop bumper bracket, wires soldered directly to the board, battery damage), but the PF was in great shape with no visible wear (the typical ball trail wear on the right loop and behind the ACMAG, but not down to the paint).

It really is a great game!

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

I installed this mod today!

Um, that's a pretty serious mod!

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Um, that's a pretty serious mod!

It was either that or LEDs

#107 11 years ago

I actually don't know what I'm looking at in the photo. I don't see the DMD or speakers. What does the mod do specifically?

#108 11 years ago

One mod i would like to see is Doug Watson's version of the translite. I'd buy one.

#109 11 years ago

After paying my admission, I am now a proud new member to the club! Really nice specimen thanks to EABUNDY.. Nice guy, nice prices, nice machine..

IMG_4545.JPGIMG_4545.JPG

#110 11 years ago

Looking great, Pat! A very nice specimen! I always thought DM looked great with LEDs, it really adds to the "cold industriousness" of the game.

Enjoy it

#111 11 years ago

Well Compy... I see your magnificent P2K mod and raise you 2 toys and 3 shell screw covers. Check and mate. im going to hang onto this machine til you get those directions out into the wild. Maybe I can play the accordion too.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

After paying my admission, I am now a proud new member to the club! Really nice specimen thanks to EABUNDY.. Nice guy, nice prices, nice machine..

Conrats Pat, enjoy. MrBundy is good peeps. You guys should keep DM down low, you're just pushing prices up. Hang on to it. I miss mine.

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Welcome to the club! I got a few machines from Eric (T2, DH, X-Files). He's s good guy. He's got a couple I want right now, hah.

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from Dnt00s:

Well Compy... I see your magnificent P2K mod and raise you 2 toys and 3 shell screw covers. Check and mate. im going to hang onto this machine til you get those directions out into the wild. Maybe I can play the accordion too.

Haha! I stand here defeated! I love the look of those action figures. Where'd you end up snagging them? Very nice!

I also like the three sea shells! Tiz a mode in my game, they should've implemented something like that in the original game.

Bravo! Great looking machine you've got there!

#115 11 years ago

I plan on keeping this one for a looooong time. I get way to attached to my pins. Last one I sold I owned for close to 20 years. Lost a bit of sleep last night playing it.

It already has profanity roms, that got enabled before I put a second game on it.

#116 11 years ago

My friend finally cracked last week and let go of his really nice DM that I have been eyeing since last November. I am glad to have it back in my line up again second time around and it is not leaving anytime soon.

DM_is_back.jpgDM_is_back.jpg

#117 11 years ago

Any of you live in the Chicago area? If so, please PM me. We're trying to make some arrangements with DM for this year's Expo.

Thanks.
- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

1 month later
#118 10 years ago

New member of the club! Love the game.. About to shop mine put - just picked up some lightly used ramps to replace my cracked up ones!

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

New member of the club! Love the game.. About to shop mine put - just picked up some lightly used ramps to replace my cracked up ones!

Awesome! I hope you enjoy it! Its a lot of fun

#120 10 years ago

I really like the game.. currently have it ripped apart getting new ramps and plastics in it. as well as adding some protection to the far rear of the playfield.

my handles could use a re-chrome any advice there?

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

I really like the game.. currently have it ripped apart getting new ramps and plastics in it. as well as adding some protection to the far rear of the playfield.
my handles could use a re-chrome any advice there?

Contact Mike Chestnut....his work is great. also you can try looking up plating in your area in the yellow pages or the web..Here is Mike's info:

615 - 824 - 6116, or [email protected].
Mike Chestnut

#122 10 years ago

Anyone got a lead on a dm in jersey?

3 weeks later
#123 10 years ago

Ok, fellow DM owners, I have a question regarding Demolition Time. My GI stays on for the whole intro and I was wondering if this is normal, or if it is supposed to shut off? I think it would look a lot better if it shut off while everything was flashing, but I don't know how the machine was programmed.

I have all LEDs and turned my dimming to off. So I'd like to know if there is a problem, if I need to remove my LEDs and put lamps back in, something else? I had to replace a transistor in my Sorcerer to solve a GI issue which made me think about this.

So, how does your intro look?

Thanks!

#124 10 years ago

Bump for my questions above about the GI and Demolition Time.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Ok, fellow DM owners, I have a question regarding Demolition Time. My GI stays on for the whole intro and I was wondering if this is normal, or if it is supposed to shut off? I think it would look a lot better if it shut off while everything was flashing, but I don't know how the machine was programmed.
I have all LEDs and turned my dimming to off. So I'd like to know if there is a problem, if I need to remove my LEDs and put lamps back in, something else? I had to replace a transistor in my Sorcerer to solve a GI issue which made me think about this.
So, how does your intro look?
Thanks!

I havent put LEDs in yet, but definitely goes dark for Demo Time .. i do have my dimmers set to the lowest possible intensity ...see video enclosed

Also, I am planning a teardown/cleaning/led-ification soon, does anyone have any recommendations in regards to order of removal of playfield elements?

Cheers

#126 10 years ago

I didn't have to do any teardown. Just work from underneath the playfield. Unscrew the sockets from the playfield, switch it the lamp, screw it back down.

Thanks for the video.

I'm suspecting the LEDs are why my lights aren't shutting down. But I haven't switched back to incandescents to check yet.

#127 10 years ago

Were your flashers going off? I didn't notice them in the video. Mine do, that's one thing that does work.

#128 10 years ago

no my flashers work, but the bulbs are out, was going to do a full swap to LED this summer but have been busy ... the teardown is really more for cleaning, than leds, as i picked this up a few months ago and it needs a good bit of love

#129 10 years ago

Just as a heads up: Demolition Man owners may be interested in Pinball Magazine No.2. The magazine (actually more a book than a magazine) features a career covering interview with pinball designer Dennis Nordman. All of Dennis' designs are discussed, including DM. Artist Doug Watson wrote a special contibution about working with Dennis on that game. The story of Doug's artwork getting turned down may be familiar to some. Pinball Magazine is proud that we we're able to publish 5 early, turned down, sketches of the DM backglass art and a selfportrait by Doug Watson as well. Thought DM owners might be interested

More info on the magazine: www.pinball-magazine.com

Cheers!

Jonathan

#130 10 years ago

Few more pics of my Demo Man.

Before I got it it already had;
Most LEDS done.
Chrome flipper bats.
Chrome firing handles (supposedly by Mark C).

Since originally getting it from Eabundy, I've;

Added chrome head hinges
Added a coinless chrome door
Added new chrome legs
Added plastics protector kit
Added Cliffy's to all ramps
Added Cointaker blue flipper button kit
Added a red flex led to the left retina saucer
Added leg protectors, chrome bolts and nylon washers
Played with the LED's a bit
Replaced lower slingshot plastics

Result looks like this....

And a few pics to follow.

#131 10 years ago

And some pics.

DSC01016.JPGDSC01016.JPG DSC01017.JPGDSC01017.JPG DSC01018.JPGDSC01018.JPG

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Few more pics of my Demo Man. Since originally getting it from Eabundy, I've;
Added chrome head hinges
Added a coinless chrome door
Added plastics protector kit.
Added Cliffy's to all ramps.
Added a red flex led to the left retina saucer
Added leg protectors, chrome bolts and nylon washers
Played with the LED's a bit.
Result looks like this....
» YouTube video
And a few pics to follow.

That looks really good. I like the chrome door especially. Where did you get that?

Since you have all LEDs in your GI like I do, could you shoot a quick vid of your Demo Time intro? My lights don't shut off like in Fishkill's vid above. I'm leaning toward a board issue, but if I see someone else's with LEDs intro, that could help me verify that.

#133 10 years ago

Oh, and what brand LEDs did you use? I noticed that your freeze lights act like incandescents with there on/Off state.

#134 10 years ago

I got the door from Jeffspinballpalace. Only thing I still need to do is make up a new 4 switch harness out of parts I have to be able to do maintenance without plugging in the old door.

I saw your other thread, I'll have to pull the glass and fake a Demo Time so I can film it. I will try to get to that later today. Packing to move to the lake for a bit so if I don't do it today it will be a while.

#135 10 years ago

The insert LEDs were there when I got the machine. They are odd looking, I'll take a pic.

I do know that they are NOT Cointaker, Pinball Life or Pinballbulbs.

#136 10 years ago

Here is what the LED's look like.

And I checked, my DM does NOT dim GI when going into Demo Time. My guess is because I have GI dimming disabled. No time right now to enable dimming as I'd have to plug in my coin door.

DSC01022.JPGDSC01022.JPG DSC01021.JPGDSC01021.JPG

#137 10 years ago

Thank you for checking and the info.

#138 10 years ago

And some pics.

Nice machine, that coindoor really tops it off.

Here are some pics of mine. Playfield is clearcoated but it doesn't really show on the pictures. I am also toying around with the led lighting, i haven't quit found the setup i am looking for.

P1020798_zps89597462.jpgP1020798_zps89597462.jpg P1020804_zpsba8587f4.jpgP1020804_zpsba8587f4.jpg P1020803_zpsb320291e.jpgP1020803_zpsb320291e.jpg

#139 10 years ago

Nice! I see you added the led mod in the elevator. Thats on my todo list.

Colors look good, I'd go cool white down under the slings. )

#140 10 years ago

Has anyone ever had to remove the head? Is it hard?

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Nice! I see you added the led mod in the elevator. Thats on my todo list.
Colors look good, I'd go cool white down under the slings. )

Yea, you are totally right with the cool whites under the slings. But that's where the strobe effect makes it really hard to play the lower playfield, kinda sucks. I'm still looking for a solution that fits the rest of the playfield but doesn't have the strobing effect. Maybe a combo of warm and cold whites? Since there are 3 sockets under each slingshot anyway.

And yea, that elevator led mod is an easy install actually, i highly recommend it. Alltough i am thinking of changing the blue plastic filter to red. Cause the top playfield is allready heavy on blue.

I also intalled a color changing led under the plastic outhole of the retina scan. I had a spare socket and tied it up to the GI under there. Another easy install, even for an electrician noob like me.

Edit: And no, i never removed the head so far. But I cant imagine it being more difficult than other pins of that same era. Just label your wires and connectors, and make sure you have someone to help lifting the head up.

#142 10 years ago

Well the time has come for me to leave this group as I am swapping for TSPP. I just know how much I'm going to miss DM having played it almost every day. No doubt it will end up back in my collection in the near future.

#143 10 years ago

Well have fun in your future endeavors. But since you are leaving, you are now dead to us.

Hahaha

2 weeks later
#144 10 years ago

I'm IN!!!!

So, what's the secret handshake, anyway???

#145 10 years ago

The secret password is 'Let's blow this guy'.

Or 'They unfroze you just so you can chase down my piddley ass?!'

Or 'Wonder if I can play the accordion too?'

#146 10 years ago

NEW DM MEMBER

Just got my DM, $1000 with a few small issues.

LOVE the gameplay and shooters. Would like an alternate translite.

#147 10 years ago

$1k is cheap, good job! Welcome to the club.

#148 10 years ago

Welcome, show us some pics if you like!

#149 10 years ago

Here's a bad iPad picture of my Demoman....

Came from Sarge on the forums here.....

Demo.jpgDemo.jpg

#150 10 years ago

Welcome! Mine is down for the count right now. Have my board in for repair because I messed it up slightly. Whoops!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
$ 81.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.