(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 63.
#1401 5 years ago

So I have a idea. Going to grab a copy of demo man and stick it to a index card and put it on the apron. Snes versions of the game are fairly cheap and pretty low I think it will fit.

snes_demoltion_man_p_b07b9h (resized).jpgsnes_demoltion_man_p_b07b9h (resized).jpg
#1402 5 years ago

Why not a small LCD screen in the apron, hook up a PI or a Mini SNES and have it playable via a wireless controller? I believe that would be a first

#1403 4 years ago

Classic

IMG_20190421_225809 (resized).jpgIMG_20190421_225809 (resized).jpg
#1404 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Plays as it should, elevator works great. Flippers rebuilt, some LEDS. No error, Playfield cabinet and transliterates in very good condition. NVRAM installed No hack on boards. Hav...”
2019-04-22
, NH
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 396 times

#1405 4 years ago

Does anyone know how to deal with this Ball Trap area? Do you raise the metal ramp to allow the ball to pass under it?

20190426_225611 (resized).jpg20190426_225611 (resized).jpg
#1406 4 years ago

Have never seen the ball stuck there. I usually get it jammed behind the third flipper.

#1407 4 years ago

Picking up a demolition man pinball this week-end. It has Lx4 game rom. What is the difference between this and the p5 "homerom"?
Thanks.

#1408 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Why not a small LCD screen in the apron, hook up a PI or a Mini SNES and have it playable via a wireless controller? I believe that would be a first

Sorta did that with my T2.

Just plays the movie.

#1409 4 years ago

Damn thats nice!! Sweet mod!

#1410 4 years ago

Looking for this plastic to left of the top flipper. Maybe somebody has a spare to sell.
Thanks

20190506_124659 (resized).jpg20190506_124659 (resized).jpg
#1411 4 years ago

I just got my first pin, and it's a demolition man. It's in great shape but I was hoping people could help me with a few things:

When I first started playing it, whenever I hit the skill shot into retina scan, it would start the explode hurry up. After fishing some pinballs out and changing a couple light bulbs, it never starts the hurry up when hitting the retina scan anymore, but the sensor seems to work as far as I can tell, is there an opto or anything else involved in that check?

Is there anything specific that needs to happen in the left loop to award an extra ball(that youve unlocked) or start a multiball if you have balls frozen? It seems like half the time nothing happens going through it, but I don't know if it needs to go all the way around, or if it drops down in MTL is fine too.

What is the ideal angle for the machine? Mine is definitely a little too steep and the middle ramp almost always goes up 95% then falls back down(cryo claw ramp too but not as often cause it isn't as steep)

#1412 4 years ago
Quoted from piccolohl:

Is there anything specific that needs to happen in the left loop to award an extra ball(that youve unlocked) or start a multiball if you have balls frozen? It seems like half the time nothing happens going through it, but I don't know if it needs to go all the way around, or if it drops down in MTL is fine too.

It shouldn't start MB unless you go in the hole in the back

Quoted from piccolohl:

What is the ideal angle for the machine? Mine is definitely a little too steep and the middle ramp almost always goes up 95% then falls back down(cryo claw ramp too but not as often cause it isn't as steep)

I keep mine at about 7 degrees

#1413 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It shouldn't start MB unless you go in the hole in the back

Ok that makes sense.(also sometimes when I get that multiball it gives me 3 balls instead of 2 and then ends when I lose 1 of the 2 extra)
Does it need to do anything special to award the extra ball if it's lit?

#1414 4 years ago

Speaking of plastics, anyone have a full spare set or know where I can get one? Everyone seems to be out of stock right now.

Quoted from yellowghost:

Looking for this plastic to left of the top flipper. Maybe somebody has a spare to sell.
Thanks
[quoted image]

#1415 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-is-possessed

Piccolohl, not sure if the retina part of the thread helps but the loop part will. Problem is that the ball bounces out of the scoop in back when making left loop. Regarding not making the ramp shots, I know ramps were a bit of a problem on game I had until I rebuilt the flippers, makes a world of difference. Also if I remember right you can lock a different number of balls for each multiball, but the first one only requires one to be locked/frozen to start. You can can keep adding them, just starts when you hit that shot with the number you have frozen

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Speaking of plastics, anyone have a full spare set or know where I can get one? Everyone seems to be out of stock right now.

If somebody did a run at one point, they are probably long gone by now . Doubt that it is possible to reproduce a set now

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

If somebody did a run at one point, they are probably long gone by now . Doubt that it is possible to reproduce a set now

I know PPS has the rights to make them, were the ones they sold on their site new ones or old Williams stock?

#1418 4 years ago

The operator I bought mine from included a brand new set of plastics. Not sure where he got them or how long ago.

#1419 4 years ago

Planetary definitely ran repro plastics. I own a set.

#1420 4 years ago

When I wanted a set I placed an ad on the marketplace here and Mr Pin and got several replies. I bought an NOS set. If you go that route soak them in warm water first I had some ink peel

#1421 4 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

When I wanted a set I placed an ad on the marketplace here and Mr Pin and got several replies. I bought an NOS set. If you go that route soak them in warm water first I had some ink peel

I had ink loss on two new sets too

#1422 4 years ago
Quoted from piccolohl:

(also sometimes when I get that multiball it gives me 3 balls instead of 2 and then ends when I lose 1 of the 2 extra)

I had the same thing when I first got mine. Seemed to be a ball count issue. I cleaned all the optos and reflowed solder on the ooto boards and it has been correct since.

#1423 4 years ago

I found this picture on the interweb. Those 2 metal spacers for the wire ramps are missing on mine. The one closest the flipper is screwed right into the wood. The manual doesnt mention these. Anybody know a number for these?

img-0239_1_orig (resized).jpgimg-0239_1_orig (resized).jpg
#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from piccolohl:

I just got my first pin, and it's a demolition man. It's in great shape but I was hoping people could help me with a few things:
When I first started playing it, whenever I hit the skill shot into retina scan, it would start the explode hurry up. After fishing some pinballs out and changing a couple light bulbs, it never starts the hurry up when hitting the retina scan anymore, but the sensor seems to work as far as I can tell, is there an opto or anything else involved in that check?

The rules in this game are little confusing to me and I havent found a explanation yet. But I think the hurry only happens once per game. What starts car chase is still unknown to me still. "Laser millions " and "explode"s just seem to happen as well.

#1425 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

The rules in this game are little confusing to me and I havent found a explanation yet. But I think the hurry only happens once per game. What starts car chase is still unknown to me still. "Laser millions " and "explode"s just seem to happen as well.

Car chase is started when prison break is collected or times out

#1426 4 years ago

There's a Demo Man for sale near me. He's asking 1800 for a beat up machine that's not working. I've always enjoyed the game, so I might pick it up and try to fix it. Question- who makes the ice blue LED's)? They look nice. Are people choosing the frosted?

#1427 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

There's a Demo Man for sale near me. He's asking 1800 for a beat up machine that's not working. I've always enjoyed the game, so I might pick it up and try to fix it. Question- who makes the ice blue LED's)? They look nice. Are people choosing the frosted?

Comet, and I used a mixture of both frosted and non depending on location.

#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Yes, Comet makes the ice blue. I used them under the Freeze Lock inserts, color matched (pink for orange, warm white for yellow) under the rest of the inserts, and Sunlight for GI. I order everything frosted and simply remove the dome with pliers if I want clear.

#1429 4 years ago

Cool thx. Hopefully I can talk him down slightly. There's no keys, it keep powering off, the magnet doesn't work, warped ramps, rusted pistol grips and other issues. The cabinet and back glass look ok. I like a challenge. Can anybody guess what it's worth?

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Here's the listing
reno.craigslist.org link

That's a $1200 machine, IMO.

#1432 4 years ago

Still has the eyeball al least.

#1433 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

That's a $1200 machine, IMO.

I agree, but I don't think he'll come down that low.

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Cool thx. Hopefully I can talk him down slightly. There's no keys, it keep powering off, the magnet doesn't work, warped ramps, rusted pistol grips and other issues. The cabinet and back glass look ok. I like a challenge. Can anybody guess what it's worth?

Dude, that machine is a total turd... Its got WAY more issues than what's listed. Some asshole clearly left this sitting outside for a while, all the fluorescent colors on the playfield are washed-out faded! By the time you fix and replace everything to even make it playable, you'll have WAY more $ into it than its worth, even as a fully working game, and you'll still have a faded playfield.

This clown knows it will cost a ton and the ramps are nearly impossible to find, or he'd fix it himself! Not only that, but if it was a "bargain", it would never have lasted 17 days on CL!! Hand him $800 and tell him take it or leave it, then good luck finding new ramps!!! Or an even better idea... PASS!!

#1435 4 years ago

Thx. I offered him 1000.00 over the phone last week and he turned it down. Unfortunately, I have the pin fever and it's time to fix another one up, haha. We'll see what happens, I didn't know about the fade tho. Don't like that.

#1436 4 years ago

Dude, that machine is a total turd... Its got WAY more issues than what's listed. Some asshole clearly left this sitting outside for a while, all the fluorescent colors on the playfield are washed-out faded! By the time you fix and replace everything to even make it playable, you'll have WAY more $ into it than its worth, even as a fully working game, and you'll still have a faded playfield.
This clown knows it will cost a ton and the ramps are nearly impossible to find, or he'd fix it himself! Not only that, but if it was a "bargain", it would never have lasted 17 days on CL!! Hand him $800 and tell him take it or leave it, then good luck finding new ramps!!! Or an even better idea... PASS!!</bloc pinballspares AUS HAS LEFT RAMP NEW

#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thx. I offered him 1000.00 over the phone last week and he turned it down. Unfortunately, I have the pin fever and it's time to fix another one up, haha. We'll see what happens, I didn't know about the fade tho. Don't like that.

Could'hve hurt to go take a closer look.

#1438 4 years ago

I can't tell by the pictures if the play field is dirty or faded. I'm also hoping that the ramps only have warped top plastics and the main portion of the ramps are ok.

#1439 4 years ago

Ugh, that looks risky. I picked up a DM from a friend recently for $1500, just needed a lock bar, glass and driver board....well it was also missing mini driver, crane motor, ribbon cables, subway, broken plastics galore, and had a bunch poached off. I think I am close to $2400 in now. Sometimes it's not worth the risk.

#1440 4 years ago

Took my machine apart and everything looks very good except for the plastics, still on the look out if anyone finds a set.

#1441 4 years ago

so , I was thinking new chrome on my handles , until I got told the price . or 3' heatshrink . cant complain about that price mr chromer .

IMG_0871 (resized).JPGIMG_0871 (resized).JPG
#1442 4 years ago

Dennis Nordman selling demo man NOS cars ebay.com link: HOT WHEELS FACTORY CASE of GM ULTRALITE Demolition Man POLICE CARS 72 PIECES

Screenshot_20190523-172149 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190523-172149 (resized).png
#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

Dennis Nordman selling demo man NOS cars ebay.com link » Hot Wheels Factory Case Of Gm Ultralite Demolition Man Police Cars 72 Pieces[quoted image]

Perfect for somebody with 72 demolitionman machines.

#1444 4 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

Dennis Nordman selling demo man NOS cars ebay.com link » Hot Wheels Factory Case Of Gm Ultralite Demolition Man Police Cars 72 Pieces[quoted image]

Problem is it’s always the red Oldsmobile that’s broken, not so much the police car lol

#1445 4 years ago

You can get either car on eBay for $15 or less. They are really easy to find.

#1446 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

You can get either car on eBay for $15 or less. They are really easy to find.

The cutlass is more rarerer though,by far. Sometimes none on ebay.

#1447 4 years ago

A while back I shipped Kerry at Mantis my mangled subway chute thing. Last week, I got the prototype in the mail and I am beyond excited. It is flawless, and better than the original. Initial testing shows it's a drop in replacement with no playability issues. I am still testing it out, and hoping to play the heck out of it this week to test its durability. I think we may finally have an aftermarket product available.

61054700_10157066796051271_2313179801197740032_n (resized).jpg61054700_10157066796051271_2313179801197740032_n (resized).jpg
#1448 4 years ago

Would it be possible to extend the floor where the plastic subway enters to avoid further damage to it?

#1449 4 years ago

Still looking for a plastic set. Would take a partial or lightly used set at this point.

#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:A while back I shipped Kerry at Mantis my mangled subway chute thing. Last week, I got the prototype in the mail and I am beyond excited. It is flawless, and better than the original. Initial testing shows it's a drop in replacement with no playability issues. I am still testing it out, and hoping to play the heck out of it this week to test its durability. I think we may finally have an aftermarket product available.[quoted image]

This is awesome, I would snatch one up as a spare!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 72.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 85.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/29?hl=kmann and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.