(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Steveboos
  • Topic is favorited by 156 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
022455A9-C713-482A-9C89-103AC9DD30C9 (resized).jpeg
B3E31273-9F7A-4318-8A74-EFC5D5ED0D92 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2590 (resized).jpeg
56792a12-d9e6-4eb5-8120-90cf43539721 (resized).jpeg
17092502734479174720410168802459 (resized).jpg
p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg

There are 3,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 62.
#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

It’s fossmin

Gotcha thanks!

1 week later
#1202 5 years ago

Anybody know where I can get the left handle inside metal flat spring? Part number A-18001-2

I just replaced my trigger buttons with the new red aluminum ones on here and found that I’m missing the spring. I love the new trigger buttons! Thanks in advance!

#1203 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does anyone have this key fob plastic available for sale?
Pictured below[quoted image]

Still looking for this plastic and not
Keen to buy an entire plastic set just to get it. Can anyone help? I don’t want to pay $100 for 1 plastic

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Keen to buy an entire plastic set just to get it. Can anyone help? I don’t want to pay $100 for 1 plastic

I have a new set of plastic en route. They should be here in the next few days. If it has the key fob, I'll let you know, though given shipping to the AU it may just cost $100

#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

good things arnt cheap . cheap thimgs arnt good

#1206 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Still looking for this plastic

Looks like I'm a little late to the party, but I have this plastic key fob if you still need it...

#1207 5 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Anybody know where I can get the left handle inside metal flat spring? Part number A-18001-2
I just replaced my trigger buttons with the new red aluminum ones on here and found that I’m missing the spring. I love the new trigger buttons! Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

#1208 5 years ago

My Demo Man, after my amateur shop job. The tear down and cleaning of the ramps was hell, lol. Only thing I wasn't able to do was the handles. Chrome worn through - I am sure this is common. Not sure if I should just spray paint a matte black, or go through the trouble to have the handles rechromed.

What did y'all do?

20181209_123815 (resized).jpg20181209_123815 (resized).jpg
#1209 5 years ago

djxealot pinballplating.com

#1210 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

djxealot pinballplating.com

I agree, planning to do mine.

#1211 5 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

That part number is not coming up anywhere. I would take the one out of the right side, measure and head down to your local hardware store. My guess is you'll find one close enough. You can always check the big williams books that they have posted on PPS, it may be there under a diff part number.

#1212 5 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

That part number is not coming up anywhere. I would take the one out of the right side, measure and head down to your local hardware store. My guess is you'll find one close enough. You can always check the big williams books that they have posted on PPS, it may be there under a diff part number.

I could get a flat blade spring at the hardware store?

#1213 5 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

If it's a good enough hardware store.

#1214 5 years ago

Excellent. Will do the exchange with pinballplating.com. Thanks for the tip.

I bought this machine 6 years for almost nothing, and it was a toilet. Was originally in a German arcade and somehow made its way back to the states. Did a partial cleaning and wax job when I got it, rigged some stuff to get it working because I was pretty broke at the time (one funny example: the triple wire gate in the center ramp was missing - I used solder and two paperclips to make one).

Then a few months ago, I decided to spend the money and time to do a full shop job of it. Replaced main power cable (which was missing ground). Replaced the DMD, DMD driver board, trough boards (the #4 opto was screwed up and I could never get it to work right), replaced one of the lamp boards that was damaged... did a full LED conversion, touched up the cabinet with wood filler and black automotive touch-up paint, touched up the playfield a bit here and there. Bought some new wire gates and plastics (the plastic over the cryo claw was broken, along with some others). New hot wheels car for the car crash, new eyeball for the retina scan. Complete tear down of the playfield to clean all ramps (the underside of some of them was still toilet-ish). Did a flipper rebuild kit and pop bumper rebuild kit. New coin door - the old one was all kinds of messed up. New top buttons for the handles - the old ones would periodically stick. Replaced start and launch buttons. Added two new reflector lamps to top of the playfield, added a lamp underneath for the eject shield (don't know why they never put one there). Added illuminated flipper buttons. Added an LED light strip to the gantry assembly (not pictured - I did that after taking the pic).

All warning/test errors are now gone. The machine looks nice now.

Only things that are left:
1. Handle chrome
2. Handle is missing a couple of the star screws and the things they screw into on the other end. Enough remain to keep them on solidly, but I need to get more so there aren't unsightly holes here. Do y'all know which ones they are? Marco Specialties isn't very clear on this.
3. The backbox side decals look a little crappy, even after touching up the cabinet. I should probably replace them. No idea where to get those.

#1215 5 years ago

I just picked up a Demo man last week, enjoying it so far! It’s kinda easy, but I’m ok with that... trigger handles with 2 buttons on each and no video mode? Seems like a missed opportunity there. Unless I haven’t found it yet?

#1216 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I just picked up a Demo man last week, enjoying it so far! It’s kinda easy, but I’m ok with that...

You can make some adjustments in the settings that will make the game much harder.

#1217 5 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Here is what Bay Area is showing. Out of stock, but it provides different numbers for you. If it's just the gold leaf, that looks pretty standard.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-DMA-18761-P

Quoted from djxealot:

1. Handle chrome
2. Handle is missing a couple of the star screws and the things they screw into on the other end. Enough remain to keep them on solidly, but I need to get more so there aren't unsightly holes here. Do y'all know which ones they are? Marco Specialties isn't very clear on this.
3. The backbox side decals look a little crappy, even after touching up the cabinet. I should probably replace them. No idea where to get those.

2. I'll look at mine tomorrow, IIRC these are just run of the mill security screws. Remove one, measure, and call fastenal.

3. I got my DM decals here. Solid, for the price. They and PPS had a pissing match so the Williams stuff is off their site https://www.retrorefurbs.com

#1218 5 years ago

Yep that’s the part 10-460.1 thank you! I did research online and that part seems to be out of stock everywhere I look. Figures, just my luck stuck again

#1219 5 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Yep that’s the part 10-460.1 thank you! I did research online and that part seems to be out of stock everywhere I look. Figures, just my luck stuck again

I don't think it's all that unique though. If it's just the brass leaf switch, measure and then either head to your local hardware store, compare size to other available leaf switches or make your own using the other you have as a trace. I am sure the steel sheeting that is used for ramps flaps and is easily had is a fine alternative for time being.

Since you have the part number call Steve at Pinball resource. Tell him you have this DM, this is the part number, but you can't find it anywhere. If you give him the measurements he maybe able to source an alternative. If I wasn't elbow deep in full shops on my DM and SST I would take my handle apart and look for you.

#1220 5 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I don't think it's all that unique though. If it's just the brass leaf switch, measure and then either head to your local hardware store, compare size to other available leaf switches or make your own using the other you have as a trace. I am sure the steel sheeting that is used for ramps flaps and is easily had is a fine alternative for time being.
Since you have the part number call Steve at Pinball resource. Tell him you have this DM, this is the part number, but you can't find it anywhere. If you give him the measurements he maybe able to source an alternative. If I wasn't elbow deep in full shops on my DM and SST I would take my handle apart and look for you.

Mine is not brass. Looks to be a harder metal maybe stainless? I have taken mine apart and can confirm this. I will try steve. It’s definarely not a standard size leaf. It’s also pretty narrow.

#1221 5 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Does this kit contain what you need?

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/williams-parts/demolition-man/a-18762-2-p.html

#1222 5 years ago

Yes it does. But $22 for the kit and $20 shipping to US for a $1.80 part ouch!!!!!!! Anywhere in the US still carry these? this is ridiculous!

#1224 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I just picked up a Demo man last week, enjoying it so far! It’s kinda easy, but I’m ok with that... trigger handles with 2 buttons on each and no video mode? Seems like a missed opportunity there. Unless I haven’t found it yet?

As stated, adjust the settings. My DM is one of my most difficult games. What I've done:

- Jacked up the angle to max
- Claw memory off
- Increased xball requirements
- house rule: you can never choose the same claw award twice. Wish this was in the code.

#1225 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

As stated, adjust the settings. My DM is one of my most difficult games. What I've done:
- Jacked up the angle to max
- Claw memory off
- Increased xball requirements
- house rule: you can never choose the same claw award twice. Wish this was in the code.

Soren has a rom to prevent repeating the lock freezes.

#1226 5 years ago

I just have my claw disabled. Yes, it stinks that a cool toy doesn't get used, but the game is much more challenging this way.

#1227 5 years ago

I have owned over 20 demo mans throughout the years and it’s by far one of the coolest games out there and best shooting wide body ever made; very hard to get through all the mballs too and get the final jackpot

#1228 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I just have my claw disabled. Yes, it stinks that a cool toy doesn't get used, but the game is much more challenging this way.

I hate how it removes the strategy from the game. DM with sorens rom had a great risk reward for when you want to use your lock freeze, as well as stuff like situationally choosing which other mode to use based on what else is going on.

Without the claw you either just stop thinking about that stuff or you have to try not to hit the right ramp for as long as possible which sucks on a flowy game.

DM with claw is one of my top modern games. Without it I don't even find it worth playing.

#1229 5 years ago

Just joined up! Picked up a dirty but (mostly) playing example yesterday from a local pin buddy!

IMG_4824 (resized).JPGIMG_4824 (resized).JPG

Needs a DMD, and a couple plastics, but besides that it's all here.

Of course the Claw is a little fiddly. Usually it works, but sometimes it just keeps dropping the ball back into the elevator.

Anyways, pretty excited and looking forward to shopping this badboy out.

#1230 5 years ago

Yeah I saw you can bipass the crane, may be a good idea. No video mode though, so strange. Anyone P-ROC a DM yet? Change up the rules a bit

#1231 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Yeah I saw you can bipass the crane, may be a good idea. No video mode though, so strange. Anyone P-ROC a DM yet? Change up the rules a bit

Yup! Look up Demolition Man on Steroids.

#1232 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yup! Look up Demolition Man on Steroids.

Ah thanks. Very cool, yeah P-ROC is pretty damn easy to install. It’s the whole recoding it that takes the time. Could even change it to an LCD, but now you are in for redoing the graphics as well.. in high def

#1233 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Also jamescardona did custom DM code.

#1234 5 years ago

Yup, there is a complete re-code available for free, although i highly suggest supporting James with a donation if you like it:

http://www.jamescardona.com/DM.html (Download link at the bottom of the page)

#1235 5 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Yup, there is a complete re-code available for free, although i highly suggest supporting James with a donation if you like it:
http://www.jamescardona.com/DM.html (Download link at the bottom of the page)

Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to installing it. It will be interesting to see how my colordmd works with it.

#1236 5 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Thanks for posting this. Looking forward to installing it. It will be interesting to see how my colordmd works with it.

Your ColorDMD will show one of 49 colors in the base 'Sigma Mode'. You can change the color in the menu of the ColorDMD.

#1237 5 years ago

Does anyone know if any of the Cliffy scoop protectors will fit the underground scoop on Demolition Man. There are a lot of them ad I wondered if any other pins scoops would fit DM? Thanks

#1238 5 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

Does anyone know if any of the Cliffy scoop protectors will fit the underground scoop on Demolition Man. There are a lot of them ad I wondered if any other pins scoops would fit DM? Thanks

Just drop him a line. He's pretty good at responding.

#1239 5 years ago

Anyone have a fix for rejects on the left loop mb/xball shot? The scoop rejects about 20% of the time on my machine.

#1240 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Anyone have a fix for rejects on the left loop mb/xball shot? The scoop rejects about 20% of the time on my machine.

That happens to me too but then sometimes the ball goes into the scoop when I hit the Acmag so I take the good with the bad. I think it’s just the design of the machine. The same thing happens on Papa Pinball’s tutorial (which is hilarious by the way)

#1241 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I put some deadening foam from Marco on the right side of the scoop, helped a lot

#1242 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I hate how it removes the strategy from the game. DM with sorens rom had a great risk reward for when you want to use your lock freeze, as well as stuff like situationally choosing which other mode to use based on what else is going on.
Without the claw you either just stop thinking about that stuff or you have to try not to hit the right ramp for as long as possible which sucks on a flowy game.
DM with claw is one of my top modern games. Without it I don't even find it worth playing.

I agree. I enjoy DM with the claw far more than without it. I also like how it gives me a second or two to sip my beer while I'm playing. Very rewarding to nail that shot, take a sip of a beer, and pick a feature to play out.

Edit: part of this is probably because my other pin is Avatar, and getting to the wizard mode in that game is a chore. If I want a challenging machine I have to fight, I play my Avatar. I play my Demo Man because I just want to drink and bullshit around on a table I don't have to fight like crazy.

#1243 5 years ago

Is everything changed in Soren's version? I really like the original music that comes on the game.

#1244 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is everything changed in Soren's version? I really like the original music that comes on the game.

The only thing that's changed in Soren's version is the lock freeze claw award rule.

#1245 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The only thing that's changed in Soren's version is the lock freeze claw award rule.

Where can one readily/easily obtain one of these ROMS already burned?

#1246 5 years ago

Does anyone have a link to Soren's file?

#1247 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/four-new-pinball-software-mods-dm-sttng-hs2-jy#post-3931025-parent

I don't know whether any rom burning places will do it, I just burn my own. If someone wants to mail me a blank rom and a return shipping sticker I can burn you one

1 week later
#1248 5 years ago

Made my own stainless steel ramp flaps. Tired of rusty flaps.

17882871-2303-459F-BFDD-92BB5D32FE56 (resized).jpeg17882871-2303-459F-BFDD-92BB5D32FE56 (resized).jpeg5E990DB2-DE3C-4BB6-A6AD-D4B478C4A383 (resized).jpeg5E990DB2-DE3C-4BB6-A6AD-D4B478C4A383 (resized).jpeg799602DB-4082-40BC-ABA3-9D2B5EE1C6D3 (resized).jpeg799602DB-4082-40BC-ABA3-9D2B5EE1C6D3 (resized).jpeg80E873F2-0251-428A-9B3F-4DC561ADD180 (resized).jpeg80E873F2-0251-428A-9B3F-4DC561ADD180 (resized).jpegB103A815-8A34-4846-AEE1-9623FA70C100 (resized).jpegB103A815-8A34-4846-AEE1-9623FA70C100 (resized).jpeg
#1249 5 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

ade my own stainless steel ramp flaps. Tired of rusty flaps.

Very nice! Did you do that by hand, or do you have some kind of laser cutter?

#1250 5 years ago

By hand. I used a hand metal shear and a drill for the holes. Then I polished it to a mirror.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Wheaton-glenmont, MD
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels
Interactive
$ 11.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 62.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/25?hl=trumpy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.