(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 63.
#1051 5 years ago

What playfield angle does everyone play your demo man at?

#1052 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I’ll take it if he passes.

If he does not take it, I will send you a pm.

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

What playfield angle does everyone play your demo man at?

7.6 iirc

#1054 5 years ago

Whoa Nellie. That's steep. Super fast and unforgiving I imagine? No issues getting up ramps?

#1055 5 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Whoa Nellie. That's steep. Super fast and unforgiving I imagine? No issues getting up ramps?

No issues with the ramps. I tried it at 6.5 and it was just so slow and boring. Could go make dinner while waiting for the ball to come to a flipper.

#1056 5 years ago

The faster the better.

1 week later
#1058 5 years ago

Hi pinside,
I just picked up a demo man couple weeks ago, I brought it straight to the shop to have it cleaned and fixed up a bit, but I got a message today from the shop and I need a replacement trigger button, Trigger Control Button 03-9015.
As I am now finding out these are pretty much unavailable. so as a new member to the club I'm asking does anyone have an extra trigger button they would be willing to sell me or even an entire handle assembly? Or does anyone know of another part that would work in it's place until the correct ones are available? I'm really excited for this game and of course, you want to be able use the triggers. Thank you in advance for any help or advice, also excited to be a member of the owners Club

#1059 5 years ago
Quoted from robd222:

Hi pinside,
I just picked up a demo man couple weeks ago, I brought it straight to the shop to have it cleaned and fixed up a bit, but I got a message today from the shop and I need a replacement trigger button, Trigger Control Button 03-9015.
As I am now finding out these are pretty much unavailable. so as a new member to the club I'm asking does anyone have an extra trigger button they would be willing to sell me or even an entire handle assembly? Or does anyone know of another part that would work in it's place until the correct ones are available? I'm really excited for this game and of course, you want to be able use the triggers. Thank you in advance for any help or advice, also excited to be a member of the owners Club

Pinsider arakissun had some demo man parts. I do not remember which parts though.

#1060 5 years ago
Quoted from robd222:

Hi pinside,

There are some writeups in above posts on using lighted buttons to replace the originals. Best bet is to do that probably.

#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Pinsider ARAKISSUN had some demo man parts. I do not remember which parts though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-pinball-parts

No triggers, though:

Demolition Man parts
Motor EMI board A-15542-17$
Tilt mechanism assy-10$
Outhole through assy-50$
Ball eject assy B-9361-R-15$
Incline ramp A-17291-18$
All Lamp boards-30$
EYE Gate assy-15$
Left ramp enter assy-12$
Left ramp exit assy-12$
Right ramp enter assy-10$
Right ramp exit assy-10$
Side ramp enter assy-12$
Side ramp exit assy-10$
Super jackpot assy-16$
Demolition time assy-16$
2xFeed ramp-2x25$
2xBall trough assy A-16765(without the boards)-2x35$
Ball popper assy rear A-17215-30$

#1062 5 years ago

Triggers are unobtainium.. I'd like to take my set to someone to have them duplicated, but I haven't found anyone to do it.

I fell like there is a market for at least 100 which is the minimum I believe you would need to break even. Unfortunately, they would not be injection molded as that makes the startup cost way out of reach.

#1063 5 years ago
Quoted from robd222:

Does anyone have an extra trigger button they would be willing to sell me?

Is this what you are looking for? If so, I have two of them. One seems good, and the other has one of the tabs broken ...

Trigger #1 (resized).jpgTrigger #1 (resized).jpgTrigger #2 (resized).jpgTrigger #2 (resized).jpg
#1064 5 years ago

Hi pinside,
As I am now finding out these are pretty much unavailable. so as a new member to the club I'm asking does anyone have an extra trigger button they would be willing to sell me or even an entire handle assembly? Or does anyone know of another part that would work in it's place until the correct ones are available? I'm really excited for this game and of course, you want to be able use the triggers. Thank you in advance for any help or advice, also excited to be a member of the owners Club</blockquo

I had the same problem and I took my good one to a shop and they 3D scanned and printed me 4 for $40 bucks plus they sent me the file.Hard drive has sense crashed so no file. Go to a local shop and they can do it for you.They turned out very nice.

3D printing worked great for mine. Simple to scan and print .Cost me $40 for 4.

#1065 5 years ago

3D printing worked great for mine.$40 bucks for 4.

#1066 5 years ago

Let me know I need to buy a couple of you print any please

#1067 5 years ago

Take your good one to a print shop and they can do it real easy. Cheers.

#1068 5 years ago

3D printing is such an amazing technology and perfectly suited for situations like this. I'm curious about how the finished product looks. Is it the same shiny look that you have on the original molded part?

#1069 5 years ago

All the 3D printed stuff I've used hasn't been terribly strong. What printer and filament did they use?

#1070 5 years ago

Any interest in a complete cabinet decal set?

I picked these up a little while ago and never used them. https://pinballpt.com/blog/2014/10/demo-man-cabinet-decal-set/

It looks like I'm selling my DM and have some other extra parts as well.

#1071 5 years ago
Quoted from robd222:

Hi pinside,

This is what I've found in local market (new ad, for sale at local guy):

DM1 (resized).JPGDM1 (resized).JPGDM2 (resized).JPGDM2 (resized).JPG
#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This is what I've found in local market (new ad, for sale at local guy):[quoted image][quoted image]

I'd buy these myself if I was there. How much does he want for them?

#1073 5 years ago

I'd buy these myself if I was there. How much does he want for them?

About ~$95.
In case you are interested, I can help to check availability, and to find out shipping cost to US. PM me in this case.

#1074 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

3D printing worked great for mine.$40 bucks for 4.

Hi mymalibu,
thanks everyone for responding so fast.
I think I will try to find a 3d print shop to reproduce a few, by chance do you or the printer you used to make yours still have the 3d file for the printer?

#1075 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This is what I've found in local market (new ad, for sale at local guy):[quoted image][quoted image]

I wish these were stateside, i'd buy em' too. but i don't want to wait for international shipping.

#1076 5 years ago

Any interest in a complete cabinet decal set?
I picked these up a little while ago and never used them. https://pinballpt.com/blog/2014/10/demo-man-cabinet-decal-set/
It looks like I'm selling my DM and have some other extra parts as well.

No, my decals are fine, at least for now. but if you have any other parts that are hard to find let me know and i may pick them up to have on hand

#1077 5 years ago

Just got a DM and loving it!

But, I have an issue that I need help. At Gameover, Simon Phoenix keeps asking me if I want him to play the F’ng accordion? I changed the Adult mode language and music to NO, but he keeps asking.....lol. What am I missing?

By the way, I find this comment funny, but not sure it’s appropriate for the little ones that visit our Gameroom.

#1078 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

Just got a DM and loving it!
But, I have an issue that I need help. At Gameover, Simon Phoenix keeps asking me if I want him to play the F’ng accordion? I changed the Adult mode language and music to NO, but he keeps asking.....lol. What am I missing?
By the way, I find this comment funny, but not sure it’s appropriate for the little ones that visit our Gameroom.

You could probably just turn off the match.

#1079 5 years ago

My bad—-A-Mode Sound is attract....lol. Not used to these Williams games obviously.

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

Turn off the Match feature and that goes away. I thought he was saying the F word too, but he's not. He's actually saying, "Wonder if I can play the accordion, too?". Here's the movie clip:

http://www.tzr.io/yarn-clip/32440ddc-e557-41f8-bf6c-ddbc1cf273af

#1081 5 years ago
Quoted from robd222:

Hi mymalibu,
thanks everyone for responding so fast.
I think I will try to find a 3d print shop to reproduce a few, by chance do you or the printer you used to make yours still have the 3d file for the printer?

Unfortunately I no longer have the file as my hard drive crashed. However here are the pic's of the old and new for comparison, the replacements are not shiny, they do have a little bit of a roughness on them but very little and you don't really feel it when you play. Cannot remember what kind of filament was used but it was a strong one,and to date (almost 2 years)no problems with them. Good luck.Oh he printed one as a tester that I put in the game to make sure it fit and worked properly before he made the rest of them,thought that was a good move.

20181020_121115 (resized).jpg20181020_121115 (resized).jpg20181020_121157_001 (resized).jpg20181020_121157_001 (resized).jpg20181020_121157_002 (resized).jpg20181020_121157_002 (resized).jpg
#1082 5 years ago

I used the best ones for the game and these were the ones that had a few flaws.

#1083 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Unfortunately I no longer have the file as my hard drive crashed. However here are the pic's of the old and new for comparison, the replacements are not shiny, they do have a little bit of a roughness on them but very little and you don't really feel it when you play. Cannot remember what kind of filament was used but it was a strong one,and to date (almost 2 years)no problems with them. Good luck.Oh he printed one as a tester that I put in the game to make sure it fit and worked properly before he made the rest of them,thought that was a good move. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Darn, that file is probably worth at least 60 bucks. I've put calls into a couple print shops and am waiting for a reply. I picked up one from fellow owner gweempose in the meantime. I think i will call a machine shop as well and see what it's gonna take to make some metal ones. If i have a batch of either made I'll make some available for other owners. Thanks again everyone

#1084 5 years ago
Quoted from robd222:

Darn, that file is probably worth at least 60 bucks. I've put calls into a couple print shops and am waiting for a reply. I picked up one from fellow owner gweempose in the meantime. I think i will call a machine shop as well and see what it's gonna take to make some metal ones. If i have a batch of either made I'll make some available for other owners. Thanks again everyone

The quotes I was getting from injection mold shops are $100 each plus mold creation fees. Yikes.

#1085 5 years ago

If anyone knew someone with a 3D printer, those probably cost like $0.50 of actual material each.

#1086 5 years ago

I can reach out to my printer guy and see if he still has the file....long shot but ya never know..

#1087 5 years ago

Does someone have the file? If not I can take my triggers out and reverse engineer them into a file anyone can use.

#1088 5 years ago

The quotes I was getting from injection mold shops are $100 each plus mold creation fees. Yikes.

Youtube has great videos on mold making and casting. Particularly from a company BJB that sells the materials too. I started going down this rabbit hole to make a replacement baby T-rex egg for Lost World Jurrasic Park but never acquired the machine. Maybe I'll look at this again with the DM triggers in mind. Anyone else out there have any experience with this? How much would one expect to pay for a pair of triggers? Here is one of BJB's videos showing a kit of recommended/required accessories $118):

#1089 5 years ago

Joined the club today. My first Superpin. Needs a good shop job to clean it up but otherwise is in good shape. Couple switch errors in the test report but not too worried there.
Main issue is when starting any multiball extra balls get ejected, sometimes all 5. Ball 4 in the trough doesn’t register so I need to check that and I’m guessing they’re related. Haven’t had a chance to work through this thread yet but I’m happy to join.

#1090 5 years ago

I’m about to join the club with a machine in transit. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to buy the Swear Roms? Is it just 1 rom to change over?

#1091 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to buy the Swear Roms? Is it just 1 rom to change over?

Unfortunately, I think you'll need eight new ROMs. I have the files if you have a way to burn them.

#1092 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Unfortunately, I think you'll need eight new ROMs. I have the files if you have a way to burn them.

I don’t I’m afraid. I’ll need to buy the rims already done if anyone can help?

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

Joined the club today. My first Superpin. Needs a good shop job to clean it up but otherwise is in good shape. Couple switch errors in the test report but not too worried there.
Main issue is when starting any multiball extra balls get ejected, sometimes all 5. Ball 4 in the trough doesn’t register so I need to check that and I’m guessing they’re related. Haven’t had a chance to work through this thread yet but I’m happy to join.

Are you sure you don't have an extra ball in the game?

#1095 5 years ago

I’m surprised that someone hasn’t made these of cast aluminum. I would pay a hefty sum for an unbreakable set.

#1096 5 years ago

Thanks for the link GogoJohnny—-now I hear it correctly.....lol

Played this pin a ton this past weekend and really loving it! It reminded me I haven’t watched the movie in a few years, so going to have to find a dvd

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Are you sure you don't have an extra ball in the game?

There are 5 balls. Checking the optos with a camera I saw led5, which is ball4, was dim. Led7 was bright and as far as I could tell was unused since it would be for a sixth ball. So I swapped them. All were bright after swap so could have been poor solder but either way it’s good. All balls sensed now and multiball was the correct amounts the couple times I’ve tried it since but I’ll keep testing.
Switch errors I had were upper sling which ended up being the rubber was old and had ended up on the wrong side of things and was closing one of the switches. Replaced the rubber and good.
Second was car 2 opto. The plastic over the cars was so dirty the opto wasn’t getting through. Cleaned it and all good.
Gave it all a quick novus cleaning to get the grime off and waxed so I’m ready to go at it tonight and see how well she plays.

#1098 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Youtube has great videos on mold making and casting

I tried my hand at this with blue crescent inserts. The shape worked out great but I could never get the bubbles out of them. Given the fact that the triggers are opaque, this should be easier to do. I used the materials (mold and resin) and processes recommended by this site https://makezine.com/2014/03/21/resin-casting-going-from-cad-to-engineering-grade-plastic-parts/ for the inserts. A google search for resin casting will return lots of help .

#1099 5 years ago

so my buttons wont drop the ball. no errors and the switch test show good. the buttons will launch the ball, the ball will drop from the magnet when the time runs out. not sure what to make of this. anyone have any ideas

#1100 5 years ago

I have to press both of mine hard for it to drop

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 72.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Boards
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/22?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.