(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 63.
#951 6 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Instructions worked perfectly.
Youtube vid to follow soon with a little trik to make them a.little more.interactive.
» YouTube video

Aliexpress has some.very nicely finished buttons and the resistor is built in with a 5-24v tolerance. $5 each, shipped.

Relay off start button pulses?

#952 6 years ago

Nope, even simpler. Just wire it inline with the leads for the start button light.

Its flashy in attract and non distracting when game has started at the same time.

#953 6 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Nope, even simpler. Just wire it inline with the leads for the start button light.
Its flashy in attract and non distracting when game has started at the same time.

oo because your buttons are 5-24vdc led's?

#954 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Bingo, all led circuit flexibility, pin-friendly.

#955 6 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Bingo, all led circuit flexibility, pin-friendly.

can you provide a link?

#956 6 years ago

Sure man, they rock, solid build quality and great polish.

Quoted from Langless28:

can you provide a link?

1pcs 12mm Waterproof Momentary Latching Stainless Steel Metal Push Button Switch Circular Light Power Supply LED Auto Reset Lock
http://s.aliexpress.com/ba2ABzma?fromSns=Copy to clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)

NOTE: THE PLASTIC IS ORANGE, BUT DOES NOT INDICATE LED COLOR.

SO FOR ANYONE ORDERING, 5 STAR BUILD QUALITY, BUT THEY ALL HAVE ORANGE PLASTIC ON THE REAR.

Screenshot_20180402-105537 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180402-105537 (resized).png

1 month later
#957 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me how tall the spacers from the claw ramp (A-18057) to the lamp pcb (A-18056) are supposed to be?

First time doing a teardown and I'm trying to revert some of the jank previous owners did on this pin. They put harsh burn your eyes out blue LEDs everywhere, including the claw. I'm wondering if they used longer spacers there to fit the LEDs as they sit under the clear plastic of the ramp piece. All the pictures of the claw I've seen, the lights stick up above that plastic.

1 week later
#958 5 years ago

New proud owner here! Does anyone make the plastic ramps? Mine are all in need of replacement!

#959 5 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

New proud owner here! Does anyone make the plastic ramps? Mine are all in need of replacement!

Unfortunately no, but I'd like a set too.

#960 5 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

I saw them at the Golden State show for sale in Starship Fantasy's booth...

#961 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I saw them at the Golden State show for sale in Starship Fantasy's booth...

Are you positive they were Demo Man ramps?? Starship don't have them listed on their website.

Mark Freeplay40 said he has them on his to do list, but will have to wait until his new larger machine is up and running. There has been numerous requests in Freeplay40's ramp thread for Demo Man ramps, nobody has commented to say they are available elsewhere.

#962 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Are you positive they were Demo Man ramps?? Starship don't have them listed on their website.
Mark Freeplay40 said he has them on his to do list, but will have to wait until his new larger machine is up and running. There has been numerous requests in Freeplay40's ramp thread for Demo Man ramps, nobody has commented to say they are available elsewhere.

Mark is a great guy, and his products are awesome, but he's been talking about getting that "larger machine up and running" for 2 years now. Even if this machine actually exists and ever is up and running, he's got about 200 ramps on "the to-do list" before Demo Man. Keep an eye on ebay, they pop up now and then.

Here's one, if you really need it, i'd jump on it... ebay.com link: Demolition Man Pinball Left Plastic Ramp RARE

#963 5 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Ok was redoing my handles and in tightening them down I seem to have shorted something... its taken out or continued to short against my lighting for the cab switches... it started with the switches for the handles and the leds... but now the cab lights and the center gate lights are not sequencing and just sorta on all the time. Even the start button light doesn't appear to be flashig normally.

#964 5 years ago

I should also mention it seems I shorted the switch matrix against the light matrix... it took out fuse f114 8A but I'm hoping no board damage... help?

Replacing the fuse doesn't fix the odd cab light issue.

Also, the pf light access claw on the left is flashing when the start button light flashes.... among other crossed light matrix issues that seem to be happening

#965 5 years ago

Joined the club again and the game isn't as nice as the one I did before. I plan on doing a similar treatment as before(posts, plastics, less, etc). Also thinking hard about the siderails and lockdownbar.

#966 5 years ago

Hey all, I'm new to the club and am excited to play some demo man! Question for the group, are you using a 3amp slow blo in F116 that the manual states or 5 amp? Mine came with 5 installed, but I have an opto issue that blew that fuse, so am wondering.

623137C6-A521-4837-BEBC-D0CF80000B42 (resized).jpeg623137C6-A521-4837-BEBC-D0CF80000B42 (resized).jpeg
#967 5 years ago

Apparently Snipes and Stallone got free ones from Warner Brothers, she didn't. She still feels like she's owed one

#968 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Hey all, I'm new to the club and am excited to play some demo man! Question for the group, are you using a 3amp slow blo in F116 that the manual states or 5 amp? Mine came with 5 installed, but I have an opto issue that blew that fuse, so am wondering.

Always use the factory fuse. Bigger fuses are installed usually to cover a problem right before a pin gets sold. If it's blowing your 5AMP, you need to isolate what is causing the issue and repair/replace.

#969 5 years ago

Thanks WhiskeyTango since I fixed the issue, it hasn't blow the 3 amp fuse.

#970 5 years ago

I’m back in the club i had to drive 7h one way, it’s not pristine like the one I had before, but is decent looking and working 100% and the price was right.

1 week later
#971 5 years ago

If anyone has a line on a playfield, reach out. Thanks.

#972 5 years ago

Joined the club yesterday! 1st pinside purchase with delivery by STI. So far its a great game.

IMG_0464 (resized).jpgIMG_0464 (resized).jpg
#973 5 years ago

I've been learning the game over the last few days and I hope someone here can help with a couple of issues/questions.

1) When the ball is launched, its 50/50 for if it will make it around the back and to the upper flipper for a skill shot try. Is this normal? There is a small playfield plastic missing by the lane just below the pops. It appears to me the ball is hitting the rubber around that post and causing it to loose momentum. Will adding this plastic help? thoughts?

2) The police car does not return to the initial position after being hit. It will eventually return after additional gameplay (pops, flippers, nudging etc.). Is this normal?

3) After a drain and during the bonus add up, the speakers crackle a lot. It is almost like the volume is to loud (it isn't) but sounds are fine during gameplay. Is this typical? What can I look at to try to fix it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

#974 5 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

1) When the ball is launched, its 50/50 for if it will make it around the back and to the upper flipper for a skill shot try. Is this normal? There is a small playfield plastic missing by the lane just below the pops. It appears to me the ball is hitting the rubber around that post and causing it to loose momentum.

Technically it should go around 100%, but sadly that doesn't happen. That plastic is usually missing because the ball shatters it. You can try to reaim your shooter mech to get the ball to go around more, but I think somewhat it's just a badly designed area. I'm experimenting with removing the one way gate in front of the upper kickout hole as I see the ball hit it sometimes, but other times the ball just comes in low enough it hits the lower guide (behind the center ramp)

Quoted from Walamab:

2) The police car does not return to the initial position after being hit. It will eventually return after additional gameplay (pops, flippers, nudging etc.). Is this normal?

No. It's possible its wheels have come off or something else is getting it stuck. Both my cars return to their rest point immediately.

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You can try to reaim your shooter mech

Ok thanks. I have a replacement plastic. I think I'll just leave it off .

Quoted from zacaj:

It's possible its wheels have come off

Good to know. I'll have to take it apart and check. in the mean time I'll order a newone.

Thanks for the feedback!

#976 5 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

When the ball is launched, its 50/50 for if it will make it around the back and to the upper flipper for a skill shot try. Is this normal?

Unfortunately, that's just par for the course. Mine is probably closer to 70/30, but it definitely gets hung up quite often.

#977 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Unfortunately, that's just par for the course. Mine is probably closer to 70/30, but it definitely gets hung up quite often.

I made sure to adjust everything on mine when I had it torn down, and I was able to get probably like 95/5, but over time it's been worsening. Now back to maybe 60/40, so I guess I'll have to go play with it again. Really aggravating when it fails

Quoted from Walamab:

Ok thanks. I have a replacement plastic. I think I'll just leave it off .

That's what I did too. I even ordered a plastic protector set, but sadly it didn't include one for this piece

#978 5 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

Ok thanks. I have a replacement plastic.

Is that piece of plastic a clear small rectangle with two small holes that look to be for rivets? I put a new plastic set on mine and have one like that left. I'll put a pic up tomorrow - can you please post a pic of this plastic in place?

#979 5 years ago

Amassing parts for my current project machine and I'm on the fence about new rails. I stumbled across these and I'm seriously considering it.

http://pinballsidemirrors.com/product/williams-side-rails/

The game currently has black legs, standard trim and I want to do something a little different. Since this will be a keeper, I want to powder coat and am leaning towards Sterling Charcoal Gunmetal throughout(rails, lockdown bar, legs, door, gun handles).

https://www.thepowdercoatstore.com/products/sterling-charcoal-gunmetal-powder-coating

Thoughts?

#980 5 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

There is a small playfield plastic missing by the lane just below the pops. It appears to me the ball is hitting the rubber around that post and causing it to loose momentum. Will adding this plastic help?

Is this the plastic that is missing? I have this left over after installing a new set and I don't know where it goes. Any input?

IMG_4685 (resized).jpgIMG_4685 (resized).jpg

#981 5 years ago

Walamab - The cars are just Hotwheels and can be found on e-bay ( may have to look for a while ) . So they should roll easy and return fast. As for the ball going all the way around - mine has been 100% and never not make it all the way around .

#982 5 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Walamab - The cars are just Hotwheels and can be found on e-bay ( may have to look for a while ) . So they should roll easy and return fast. As for the ball going all the way around - mine has been 100% and never not make it all the way around .

I’m on my third demolition man. The first one was a wreck. I had to replace the cabinet due to termite damage. The inserts were trashed. The plastics and ramps were broken. But it made the opening loop shot 100% of the time. The second and third are maybe 60-75%. It’s on my list of little things to fix on my machines. But the little thing list is right behind the big things list so...... lol.

#983 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I have this left over after installing a new set and I don't know where it goes. Any input?

I just looked over my whole game and can't find that plastic anywhere.

#984 5 years ago

For the ones with DM that don't make the loop 100 % . When you make a right loop shot from the flippers does the ball make it cleanly around ? Or is the Auto - plunge weak ?

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

For the ones with DM that don't make the loop 100 % . When you make a right loop shot from the flippers does the ball make it cleanly around ? Or is the Auto - plunge weak ?

I don't make the right loop too often but I've never noticed an issue. My auto plunge isn't weak, when it does make it around it's fast enough that it's a challenge to hit the computer hole. The problem is that the ball seems to deflect sometimes into the lower guide. I'm not sure where the variance is coming from.

#986 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't make the right loop too often but I've never noticed an issue. My auto plunge isn't weak, when it does make it around it's fast enough that it's a challenge to hit the computer hole. The problem is that the ball seems to deflect sometimes into the lower guide. I'm not sure where the variance is coming from.

Same here. No problem at all on a right orbit shot. The only issue is with the auto-plunge.

#987 5 years ago

On my first DM I pulled all my ball guides, re-grained, polished and the problem went away.

#988 5 years ago

thanks for all of the feedback...

I was able to work on my new-to-me DM this weekend and got a lot of things worked out.

New police car fixed the problem with that area. It works perfectly now.

I adjusted the launcher assembly and now get the ball to complete the orbit nearly every time (99%). Rotating it very slightly clockwise within the "slop" in the screw holes did the trick.

As for the cracking speakers...I found a variable resistor (or maybe its a capacitor) alligator clipped across a resistor on the sound board. When I adjust it, it appears to adjust the balance between the sub in the bottom of the cabinet and the panel speakers. When I remove it completely, there's no cracking but not much low end from the sub. I've adjusted it to give a bit of bass with cracking in the panel speaker.

has anyone else seen something like this?

Thanks again!

#989 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

This was the same issue on the last two I have had. Just the auto plunge

#990 5 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

thanks for all of the feedback...
I was able to work on my new-to-me DM this weekend and got a lot of things worked out.
New police car fixed the problem with that area. It works perfectly now.
I adjusted the launcher assembly and now get the ball to complete the orbit nearly every time (99%). Rotating it very slightly clockwise within the "slop" in the screw holes did the trick.
As for the cracking speakers...I found a variable resistor (or maybe its a capacitor) alligator clipped across a resistor on the sound board. When I adjust it, it appears to adjust the balance between the sub in the bottom of the cabinet and the panel speakers. When I remove it completely, there's no cracking but not much low end from the sub. I've adjusted it to give a bit of bass with cracking in the panel speaker.
has anyone else seen something like this?
Thanks again!

They could be using it as a "rheostat" which changes the impedance of the speakers which can help adjust the power between cabinet speaker and head speakers.

#991 5 years ago

I have a complete set of wireforms in perfect shape if anyone is interested. Make me an offer.

#992 5 years ago
Quoted from Demoman1:

I have a complete set of wireforms in perfect shape if anyone is interested. Make me an offer.

I don't suppose you have any extra ramps in perfect shape?

#993 5 years ago

Now that I've had a week or so to tweak things and learn the game, I can say this is a great pin! Difficult but not too difficult. Fast smooth play when I don't screw up the ramp shots.

Sooooo glad I joined the club!

1 week later
#994 5 years ago

Hey guys new to the group, i have an issue with my acmag ramp gate, due to the age the back piece that keeps the gate from spinning all the way around and getting stuck has deteriorated, and i was hoping that someone had an idea on how to fix it so the gate dosent get stuck on the wire ramp above. Thanks gents

#995 5 years ago

Hmm, there should be a bolt that sticks out from the left side of the center gate chute. Usually the wire gate can jam on it and stay open or the gate can br improved and recreated from piano wire.

#996 5 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Hmm, there should be a bolt that sticks out from the left side of the center gate chute. Usually the wire gate can jam on it and stay open or the gate can br improved and recreated from piano wire.

I was able to buy a new gate from marco recently to replace my custom one

#997 5 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Hmm, there should be a bolt that sticks out from the left side of the center gate chute. Usually the wire gate can jam on it and stay open ...

Mine does this occasionally. It gets stuck up on the bolt. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

#998 5 years ago

So I got this machine for almost nothing.

26214253227446 (resized).jpeg26214253227446 (resized).jpeg
#999 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

So I got this machine for almost nothing.

After a weeks work I got it going and did a straight trade for this!!!

20180711_160738 (resized).jpg20180711_160738 (resized).jpg
#1000 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

After a weeks work I got it going and did a straight trade for this!!!

After a few days of work it looks like this! I'm in the club and love it.

20180714_082930 (resized).jpg20180714_082930 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 72.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
$ 81.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/20?hl=trueno92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.