(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,122 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
022455A9-C713-482A-9C89-103AC9DD30C9 (resized).jpeg
B3E31273-9F7A-4318-8A74-EFC5D5ED0D92 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 63.
#851 6 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

If optos... from the elevator?

Correct. The claw itself is only a magnet.

#852 6 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Correct. The claw itself is only a magnet.

But it has left/right optos?

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

But it has left/right optos?

I gotta bow out here. My knowledge has come to an end! Anyone else got ideas?

#854 6 years ago

Looking at the schematics, there appears to be a pair of stacked optos which track the position of the claw ...

Cryo Claw Schematics (resized).JPGCryo Claw Schematics (resized).JPG

#855 6 years ago

The position "tracking" is very primitive.

There is a sensor for max left and a sensor for max right.

They are all in the claw test and you should see only the position left closed on switch levels

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

The position "tracking" is very primitive.
There is a sensor for max left and a sensor for max right.
They are all in the claw test and you should see only the position left closed on switch levels

If the left one was slightly flaky and dipped out while the claw was all the way to right over the elevator, that would put the claw out of range for a second, maybe that's enough to screw up the logic and just get it stuck?

1 week later
#857 6 years ago

My dm has this thing where it throws a credit dot probably 70% of the time I turn it on. The strange thing is that there's never anything wrong. I most commonly see fault reports for the switches up in the claw (ie capture Simon) or for the R2 flipper button. I always activate each switch during game play and the dot clears. Any ideas why this is happening?

#858 6 years ago

Do you use the cabinet flipper button once in a while ?

#859 6 years ago

If a switch hasn't been used in so many games, it will report as an error. On my DM, i tend to click the flipper buttons once each before the multi-ball starts so I don't have to see the error intermittently. Likewise, if you haven't selected one of the modes in so many games it will show up as an error.

#860 6 years ago

Good info, thanks! Never knew that.

#861 6 years ago

I am proud to be a Demo man owner.

IMG_1259 (resized).JPGIMG_1259 (resized).JPG

#862 6 years ago

Congratulations, welcome to the club!

1 week later
#863 6 years ago

May be joining the demo man club this week going to look at one. Appears to be in decent shape... needs plastics, rubbers, and lights. Anyone omknow a good source for plastics. They seem to be hard to find especially the one for the slings

#864 6 years ago

Creek and Cave in NYC

23831 (resized).jpeg23831 (resized).jpeg

#865 6 years ago

Joined and got my machine running yesterday.

20171223_072815 (resized).jpg20171223_072815 (resized).jpg

#866 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

May be joining the demo man club this week going to look at one. Appears to be in decent shape... needs plastics, rubbers, and lights. Anyone omknow a good source for plastics. They seem to be hard to find especially the one for the slings

Hard to find? The largest parts supplier in the country has the sets in stock! Marco.

#867 6 years ago

TheOnlyest now, now, no need to be smart, my bad I guess I didn’t look there. Thank you!

#868 6 years ago

If you don't want to shell out for the whole set, let me know what plastics you need. We may be able to work something out.

#869 6 years ago

Hi
Anyone breaking a DM or has spare parts for it that they are looking to move on?

Specifically the crypto claw plastic and the plastic car tunnel

Thanks

#870 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi
Anyone breaking a DM or has spare parts for it that they are looking to move on?
Specifically the crypto claw plastic and the plastic car tunnel
Thanks

PM sent.

#871 6 years ago

Happy 2018 DM fans!! Here is my barn find. Its all working 100% and all lamps have been led with no flicker! Managed to make a dot fade effect with mixing colors along the pf and its really pretty during some of the explosion lamp animation.
Thanks guys for all the help in 2017 to get this running!

20180101_101903 (resized).jpg20180101_101903 (resized).jpg

#872 6 years ago

Newest member here! DM is a game always kind of on my wish list but I never got too excited about. I probably judged a book by its cover, sadly. But I started seeing some of these lit up with LED's like above & suddenly the game became much more visually appealing to what I already thought was a pretty badass layout. So I got a pretty nice example, just needed shopped & had old dirty incandescents in it. MAN what a difference some novus polishes & SMD led's makes on this game! As well as cleaning & tuning the flipper assemblies. & I want to thank you guys for the ideas I've stolen off you for lighting! Mostly cool, splashes of blue ice. I think I'm gonna colorize some of the clear inserts too.

A couple questions I have...
1) I'm using the home rom that has the swearing option. Seems good to me, but I'm aware of James Cordana's custom rom as well. I thought about using it but I wanted to get some opinions on it. Or maybe I should stick with the home rom until I get bored of it? Or is Cardona's clearly the way to go?
2) Looking for the plastic that goes above the upper flipper if anyone has a spare, mine is pretty cracked.
3) Any tips on how to optimize the game is appreciated. Physically or in the code. I did try disabling the claw as others have mentioned, but I didn't really like that I was losing control over which modes to play, which I like to switch up from game to game.

#873 6 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

3) Any tips on how to optimize the game is appreciated. Physically or in the code. I did try disabling the claw as others have mentioned, but I didn't really like that I was losing control over which modes to play, which I like to switch up from game to game.

I set my computer down to 8 combos, and changed the claw settings so "Access Claw" is lit on the inlane, instead of the claw itself being lit from the start, that way you can use the right ramp to get a quick freeze in before using the claw

#874 6 years ago

Howdy, 2nd time Demo Man owner for about two months now - last time around it was 5 to 6 years. At any rate, nice playfield and have it working 100% now. Game has re-chromed handles, lockdown bar, hinges and legs and a color DMD.

However, I am in need of a plastics set. I just checked Marco, bay area and a few other places but am coming up a big zero. Any place or anyone have a set???
Thanks!!

#875 6 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

Howdy, 2nd time Demo Man owner for about two months now - last time around it was 5 to 6 years. At any rate, nice playfield and have it working 100% now. Game has re-chromed handles, lockdown bar, hinges and legs and a color DMD.
However, I am in need of a plastics set. I just checked Marco, bay area and a few other places but am coming up a big zero. Any place or anyone have a set???
Thanks!!

LSoG... http://littleshopofgames.com/product/demolition-man-plastic-set-31-1919/

#876 6 years ago

TheOnlyest - Link worked and looked like in stock, so I ordered them. Much appreciated.

I have a decent used translight for Demo Man if anyone interested = send me a PM.

#877 6 years ago

Hello fellow demo man owners. Mine does not give the ball into the trough for multi ball. Any thoughts as to what might be the problem? Any help is appreciated.

#878 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Hello fellow demo man owners. Mine does not give the ball into the trough for multi ball. Any thoughts as to what might be the problem? Any help is appreciated.

Have the balls rolled all the way to the right where the kicker is?

#879 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Balls can sometimes get hung up if the trough becomes magnetized. Pinbits sells a plastic shim that slides into the bottom of the trough and prevents this ...

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=449

This may or may not be the cause of your problem. It also could be a bad trough switch.

#880 6 years ago

I believe the balls are all the way down the trough in there proper position and my trough opto switches are newish (2009). I thought about re flowing the pins on them but wanted to touch base with the group first to see if this is a common problem. Also would reset the molex wires. I had the very common resetting issue that the wpc systems have and was thinking ,hoping that installing the KHAR daughter board would fix both but it has not. Reset issue is gone but the lack of multi ball persists. Is it possible that the 5 volt issue is still effecting the multi ball and therefore it is a board issue? Plays very well otherwise.

#881 6 years ago

Anyone put wire form lighting on their dm?

#882 6 years ago

Finally got my DM running again (and it's neighbor, JD) after a long battle with bad cables and boards. I do have a questin.
While troubleshooting, I started a game with the soundboard and the top right board (opto?) disconnected and it seemed to play fine. What the heck does that thing even do!?

#883 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Finally got my DM running again (and it's neighbor, JD) after a long battle with bad cables and boards. I do have a questin.
While troubleshooting, I started a game with the soundboard and the top right board (opto?) disconnected and it seemed to play fine. What the heck does that thing even do!?

That small board just drives flashers. Opto is mounted under the playfield

#884 6 years ago

Ok. Thank you!
My top popper is starting to get phantom presses. I cleaned it and it seems to have calmed down. Wondering if it was related.

1 week later
#885 6 years ago

Is there a better way to attach the guide for the Cryo Claw? Mine's really floppy and if I tighten it down, balls will get stuck. I might be missing something.

1 week later
#886 6 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some of the metal ramp guards for the left ramp (left side) and the right ramp (left side)? Pictures attached for the specific spots I'm looking for.....Wouldn't mind getting my hands on an uncracked set of ramps too....

IMG_3462 (resized).JPGIMG_3462 (resized).JPG
IMG_3463 (resized).JPGIMG_3463 (resized).JPG

#888 6 years ago

I checked Marco and I don't think that's the one I need. That looks like its for the right ramp I need the side ramp (inner ramp that leads to retina scan) and the left ramp left side metal guard. Thanks for checking!

#889 6 years ago
Quoted from RockBass14:

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some of the metal ramp guards for the left ramp (left side) and the right ramp (left side)?

Begs the question... What dipshit decided to remove and apparently discard those ramp guards??! Is this some new pin-hack trend??

This is the one you need for the left ramp.. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-12589, but I think you're going to be SOL on the left-center ramp guard, Marco doesn't even have it listed... And all the plastic ramps themselves are currently unobtainium.

#890 6 years ago
Quoted from RockBass14:

Wouldn't mind getting my hands on an uncracked set of ramps too....

You and everyone else, unfortunately.

#891 6 years ago

Great question about who would remove them. Best guess is that back in the day it was on a route and was snagged for some reason or another? I'm going to see if I can find a sheet metal worker to start pumping out some of these bad boys after market....Otherwise I might end up doing some fiberglass work.....bastards.....

Also, WTF to these shipping charges for that steel plastic piece over the upper flipper?

IMG_3468 (resized).JPGIMG_3468 (resized).JPG

#892 6 years ago

Thats a default shipping fee for anything, because they do not ship to the US anymore.

#893 6 years ago

Yeah, I just saw a thread about that. Too bad. The forwarding service looks like a PITA and too expensive, that’s a shame.

Anyone have that metal cutout to replace the plastic over the upper flipper they want to sell?

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Thats a default shipping fee for anything, because they do not ship to the US anymore.

Wait, I'm confused. Marco doesn't ship to the US anymore? I thought they were in the US?

#895 6 years ago

No, http://pinball.center doesn't. They make those slick metal replacement pieces to go in place of that ever cracking plastic over the upper flipper.

#896 6 years ago

Ah. I got confused. There were a bunch of Marco links flying around so I assumed that was who stopped shipping to the US.

#897 6 years ago

2 weeks later
#898 6 years ago

Ok maybe a long shot but I’m looking at DM that is missing the diverter. Does anyone have one they’d sell or know where I could buy one? I found it weird someone would remove the diverter. Even more so than ramp guards lol

#899 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Ok maybe a long shot but I’m looking at DM that is missing the diverter. Does anyone have one they’d sell or know where I could buy one? I found it weird someone would remove the diverter. Even more so than ramp guards lol

Good luck on that one! If this is a machine you're considering buying, always check inside the cabinet for missing parts before walking away... It never surprises me when I see a game with a cabinet full of dirt, garbage, broken rubbers, burned out bulbs, misc screws and hardware and malfunctioning PF assemblies.

#900 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Good luck on that one! If this is a machine you're considering buying, always check inside the cabinet for missing parts before walking away... It never surprises me when I see a game with a cabinet full of dirt, garbage, broken rubbers, burned out bulbs, misc screws and hardware and malfunctioning PF assemblies.

That’s what I thought but alas it is no where. I was just hoping that given how many times I’ve seen demo man parted out that someone may have one. No diverter would kill the entire flow of the game which is one of its strong suits. I don’t see why taking it out would have ever been an option.

Anyone have one?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 81.95
$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/18?hl=mymalibu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.