(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 63.
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All
My "eye" in DemoMan has dried out! No fluid at all, this causes it not to roll.
Can anyone suggest/know where I can get a new one
Thanks

There's fluid in them?!

Guess I need one too. Although mine hits the switch just fine.

#652 6 years ago

Yes. There is supposed to be fluid in them.

#653 6 years ago

Just joined the club today.

IMG_1508 (resized).JPGIMG_1508 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#654 6 years ago

Is there enough blue GI? Maybe camera lies, but it looks in that picture way too much bluish for me...

#655 6 years ago

Doesn't seem too blue in person to me. However I agree it looks awfully blue in this pic. This is how the game was when I bought it. It plays ok now but I intend to do a full tear down after we have a chance to enjoy it for awhile. I will prob change a few things.

#656 6 years ago

I replaced all the crazy GI colors in my DM with white. I like to see everything going on.

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Just joined the club today.

Nice chrome!

3 weeks later
#658 6 years ago

Hi fellow demolition.... men!
A question regarding ROMS:

Our DM has CPU PX-5, sound L-2 eproms.

We suspect that this cpu rom version is outdated, due to the following:
1. There is no ball save on car crash (which is a setting, to enable it, but dont work)
2. When in MB and super jackpot is lit and right ramp hit, it does not give a superjackpot but instead start a mode.
So in theory it works in its own way, that you get modes easier instead of superjackpot, but its not the way its supposed to be. A tech looked it over and nothing wrong with switches apparently.

Does anyone know something about this? And also, where to buy the newest functioning CPU eprom and also the swear sound roms?

Cheers,
Morten

#659 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

1. There is no ball save on car crash (which is a setting, to enable it, but dont work)
2. When in MB and super jackpot is lit and right ramp hit, it does not give a superjackpot but instead start a mode.
So in theory it works in its own way, that you get modes easier instead of superjackpot, but its not the way its supposed to be. A tech looked it over and nothing wrong with switches apparently.
Does anyone know something about this? And also, where to buy the newest functioning CPU eprom and also the swear sound roms?
Cheers,
Morten

Bump Bump. No owners who can chime in ?

#660 6 years ago

Prototype translite art

IMG_20161103_181754 (resized).jpgIMG_20161103_181754 (resized).jpg

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Cheers,
Morten

If i remember it right PX-5 should have car crash ball save, but those multiballs were weird and especially lack of Demolition Jackpot. Check revision history and i give my recommends to profanity roms. (http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/roms/demoman.html)

I bought mine from Ministry of Pinball.
(http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/spareparts/electronic-parts/game-sound-and-display-roms/games-d/demolition-man-profanity-home-rom-set.html)

#662 6 years ago

So we burnt the newest softwar L-4 to an eprom and updated our DM, now the super jackpot is awarded as it should! But, the car crash ball save is not working...it is set to easy in the settings. What is the rule for this ball save? Or is it a bug that was never fixed?

1 week later
#663 6 years ago

Hello fellow Demolition man owners. I stumbled upon this thread a week ago or so and was pleasantly surprised. Nice to see the exchange of info and problem solving that goes on. Relatively new to pinball, as like a lot of us I played extensively in my youth but then life and video games happened ...you all know the rest. So here we are now able to enjoy a resurgence and maybe start a small collection. Was going to get a pool table for the basement then the wife suggested a pinball machine. So we went to play some on route (thanks to the pinside map) and that's where I found Demo man in two locations (love the flow) and we never looked back.

We bought an ACDC LE, then I found Demo man and bought it as well . Have had Demo man since March and bought from an area collector that had done a pretty good restore job on it. Some new boards, remote battery,shopped, LED's... Since then I have had a few minor hiccups, needed to have the gun triggers 3D printed as mine were worn and one was broke.( Not available on any parts sites that I could find) that turned out very nice and now have a few extras just in case.

My rubbers are all orange and had to get one from my seller as one broke on the upper sling across from the computer. Have read that Titan rubbers are good and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them.Would like to get a complete replacement set to have on hand. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also just the other day the upper left flipper started to stick out part way after a flip and it took a few hits of the flipper button to get it to go all the way back to its proper resting position. All the flippers were rebuilt by the seller, so hoping its just an adjustment or a cleaning issue. Again any input or experience would be appreciated.

Look forward to further post....

IMG_20170803_113006 (resized).jpgIMG_20170803_113006 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170803_112910 (resized).jpgIMG_20170803_112910 (resized).jpg

#664 6 years ago

New member here!

IMG_2212 (resized).JPGIMG_2212 (resized).JPG

#665 6 years ago

Had a question. Wanted to make a "house rule" so that the ball freeze can only be selected once from the cryo-claw. My question was, while going through the settings I noticed quick freeze is defaulted to medium, but it can be lowered to Easy. Does anyone know what the difference is?

#666 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogdiesel:

Had a question. Wanted to make a "house rule" so that the ball freeze can only be selected once from the cryo-claw. My question was, while going through the settings I noticed quick freeze is defaulted to medium, but it can be lowered to Easy. Does anyone know what the difference is?

I'm sure it has to do with how you relight the quick freeze in the left inlane. I can check when I'm off work later.

#667 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So we burnt the newest softwar L-4 to an eprom and updated our DM, now the super jackpot is awarded as it should! But, the car crash ball save is not working...it is set to easy in the settings. What is the rule for this ball save? Or is it a bug that was never fixed?

Not a bug, my ball save works. I have profanity ROMs. Have you checked that the switch is registering in switch test?

#668 6 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

I'm sure it has to do with how you relight the quick freeze in the left inlane. I can check when I'm off work later.

The manual has an explanation

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Hello fellow Demolition man owners. I stumbled upon this thread a week ago or so and was pleasantly surprised. Nice to see the exchange of info and problem solving that goes on. Relatively new to pinball, as like a lot of us I played extensively in my youth but then life and video games happened ...you all know the rest. So here we are now able to enjoy a resurgence and maybe start a small collection. Was going to get a pool table for the basement then the wife suggested a pinball machine. So we went to play some on route (thanks to the pinside map) and that's where I found Demo man in two locations (love the flow) and we never looked back.
We bought an ACDC LE, then I found Demo man and bought it as well . Have had Demo man since March and bought from an area collector that had done a pretty good restore job on it. Some new boards, remote battery,shopped, LED's... Since then I have had a few minor hiccups, needed to have the gun triggers 3D printed as mine were worn and one was broke.( Not available on any parts sites that I could find) that turned out very nice and now have a few extras just in case.
My rubbers are all orange and had to get one from my seller as one broke on the upper sling across from the computer. Have read that Titan rubbers are good and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them.Would like to get a complete replacement set to have on hand. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Also just the other day the upper left flipper started to stick out part way after a flip and it took a few hits of the flipper button to get it to go all the way back to its proper resting position. All the flippers were rebuilt by the seller, so hoping its just an adjustment or a cleaning issue. Again any input or experience would be appreciated.
Look forward to further post....

If you want a rubber kit I ordered a set from nitro for my demo man. Great service although I don't think it's a Titan set. The flipper sticking is prob just a dirty sleeve or possibly the bushing pretty easy and cheap to replace. Looks like it's in great shape. Is that Scott's that was in the trap and grill?

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

If you want a rubber kit I ordered a set from nitro for my demo man. Great service although I don't think it's a Titan set. The flipper sticking is prob just a dirty sleeve or possibly the bushing pretty easy and cheap to replace. Looks like it's in great shape. Is that Scott's that was in the trap and grill?

Yes it was Scott's from the trap. Thanks for the tip about the upper flipper being dirty , I will clean it up and see how it goes from there. So is the rubber kit silicone ? Cheers.

#671 6 years ago

So... I (finally) have my first DM, woohoo! while playing without the glass (testing switches) I noticed on how loud is the sound every time the ball gets into the "computer" (or tunnel) is there a way to muffle the sound? I know that with the glass on the sound is minimized, but also, I think that having some type of dampening material will also absorb a bit the force of the ball getting into, keeping the welding spots of the "tunnel" for a bit longer.

Does it make sense?

Thanks to all!

~ja

#672 6 years ago

I'm in the process of bringing a beat up re-import DM back to life. Can someone please take a picture of their 7-opto board under the playfield by the left flipper? I am curious to see how the board is attached to the brackets - mine is using zip ties. See pic... Thank you!

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 12.57.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-08-12 at 12.57.37 PM (resized).png

#673 6 years ago

I believe those are somekind of rivets. Maybbe bolt and nut is better than zip tie.

IMG_0114 (resized).JPGIMG_0114 (resized).JPG

IMG_0115 (resized).JPGIMG_0115 (resized).JPG

#674 6 years ago

Thank you for the pics. Those are indeed roll-over rivets, my favorite (not!) to install.

#675 6 years ago

I have noticed that the three lights for the car crash are different on some tables, mine are just yellow lights but I have seen others that are labeled 10 million, 6 million , 3 million ,from bottom to top. Maybe the later production models have the labels? Any thoughts out there? Just curious....

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

I have noticed that the three lights for the car crash are different on some tables, mine are just yellow lights but I have seen others that are labeled 10 million, 6 million , 3 million ,from bottom to top. Maybe the later production models have the labels? Any thoughts out there? Just curious....

http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=662

#677 6 years ago

Question... I'm putting together a Demolition Man that was neglected for years, among the pieces I'm replacing, I need to to replace the eyeball, the current one is completely dry, any leads of who can have one on stock? the usual suspects don't have any.

Thanks for your input!

~ja

#678 6 years ago

That eyeball is hard to find. You can restore it.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/ij2/shop/Eyeball.htm

....or buy it from from Florida.
http://littleshopofgames.com/product/demolition-man-eyeball-20-9935/

#679 6 years ago

Thanks Zacaj, now I know...

#680 6 years ago

Awesome...! Thanks much for the info!

#681 6 years ago

Need some advise please from my fellow pinsiders, this is a follow up to free play dot question.My demo man resets to factory settings on every power up. I have changed the batteries and it still does it. Have to go into the menu every time to set it to free and the free play dot is still there. It seems to play fine and I ran through every test in the menu and everything seems to be fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

#682 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Need some advise please from my fellow pinsiders, this is a follow up to free play dot question.My demo man resets to factory settings on every power up. I have changed the batteries and it still does it. Have to go into the menu every time to set it to free and the free play dot is still there. It seems to play fine and I ran through every test in the menu and everything seems to be fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Whatever is causing the dot should show up in the test report. When you enter the menu the first thing it should say is press enter for test report.

Any corrosion on the batteries? You'll have to check how the battery holder connects to the board too. Probably the battery voltage isn't actually reaching the ram

#683 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Whatever is causing the dot should show up in the test report. When you enter the menu the first thing it should say is press enter for test report.
Any corrosion on the batteries? You'll have to check how the battery holder connects to the board too. Probably the battery voltage isn't actually reaching the ram

No corrosion on the batteries, I will check the connection to the board as its a remote battery holder. The only thing the test report says is set the date and time....weird

#684 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

No corrosion on the batteries, I will check the connection to the board as its a remote battery holder. The only thing the test report says is set the date and time....weird

And you've tried using the buttons (+ or enter, can't remember exactly) to page to other possible errors (there might be more than one). does the dot go away if you set the time?

#685 6 years ago

If set time and date shows up at start - the batteries are not right . Credit dot will also show up if you only use the handles . The game will think something is wrong with the flipper buttons .

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

If set time and date shows up at start - the batteries are not right . Credit dot will also show up if you only use the handles . The game will think something is wrong with the flipper buttons .

I thought of the trigger only scenario and tried a few games with the flippers to no avail.....upon power up the first thing that comes up is " factory settings restored " and "Book keeping totals cleared"...when i press enter for test results the only thing that comes up is that date and time are not set.using the plus or minus buttons do nothing. Also ,when I set the date and time the dot does not go away...I have gone through and cycled through every switch and they all register and say functioning....

Just so I'm clear ,I am assuming that the batteries are holding all the memory for date/ time / high score etc...Yes....Trying to eliminate things as I go..At this point I am going to check the battery supply to the board and ensure its good. Assuming that it is, where would I go from there?

#687 6 years ago

Update, the dot does go away when I set the clock but there is still the resetting issue upon power up. Have checked the connections and checked voltage getting to the board and it seems its getting 8 volts which seems high but my meter is old and may not be accurate....Hmmm.

#688 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Update, the dot does go away when I set the clock but there is still the resetting issue upon power up. Have checked the connections and checked voltage getting to the board and it seems its getting 8 volts which seems high but my meter is old and may not be accurate....Hmmm.

Should definitely be getting 5vdc or less where the battery pack connects to the board. Also check pin 28 of U8 (the ram), should be <5V there when powered off.

#689 6 years ago

Will do , thanks zacaj.

1 week later
#690 6 years ago

Turns out that my batteries were not giving the proper voltage...changed them out and seems to be good.Thanks to all that helped out..

#691 6 years ago

Hey guys!

Question, I'm shopping a DM with new plastics and I have a plastic which I cannot find where it belongs, any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

~ja

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Turns out that my batteries were not giving the proper voltage...changed them out and seems to be good.Thanks to all that helped out..

Update, thought I had it covered with new batteries and it worked for a few days now back to factory resets every time. Need to check where battery holder connects to the board... and pin 28 of u8 as suggested by Zacaj....

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Update, thought I had it covered with new batteries and it worked for a few days now back to factory resets every time. Need to check where battery holder connects to the board... and pin 28 of u8 as suggested by Zacaj....

Oh forgot to ask what does pin 28 of u8 do?

#694 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Oh forgot to ask what does pin 28 of u8 do?

That's where the battery enters the ram. If it's not getting there the data won't be saved.

#695 6 years ago

gotya, thanks man...

#696 6 years ago

Balls seem to get trapped under the right sling plastic. The rubber is where it should be. Anyone have any ideas?

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Balls seem to get trapped under the right sling plastic. The rubber is where it should be. Anyone have any ideas?

Got a pic?

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

Hey guys!
Question, I'm shopping a DM with new plastics and I have a plastic which I cannot find where it belongs, any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
~ja

I think it goes in the very back on top of the back plastics underneath the ramp. It's vertical and riveted in. My memory is not the most reliable thing.

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Balls seem to get trapped under the right sling plastic.

do you have the right size rubber? one size too big would allow that.

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from supermoot:

I think it goes in the very back on top of the back plastics underneath the ramp. It's vertical and riveted in. My memory is not the most reliable thing.

I can't find a pic of it, I may be confused with sttng.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 72.95
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 81.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/14?hl=amperage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.