(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 63.
#601 7 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

do you have any tips or tricks for us specific to a Demo Man refurb?

Novus 2, and elbow grease. Its a pretty easy tear down actually, I take pictures as I go and label everything by number as it comes off for an easy reassemble, thats the most important step.

#602 7 years ago

do you have any tips or tricks for us specific to a Demo Man refurb?

WhiskeyTango is working on a very detailed teardown thread, with most everything off the top of the playfield last time I checked.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-resto

Quoted from Hazoff:Did an overhaul on this one, was super dirty

Wow, that really is a night and day difference there... Looks way better!

#603 7 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Has anyone run into an issue where the elevator come up, the claw grabs the ball and then the claw just sits there until ball search? Is there a sensor that tells the claw that it successfully grabbed the ball? Mine doesn't this on a completey random basis.

Mine did this until I updated the ROMs, I had really old proto ROMs (as it was an actual proto DM, I had to switch out the development WPC-S before the new ROMs would even work) but I imagine samples or early games may have shipped with code that still did that on occasion. There is no such sensor... So if you're not on a later release I'd try that.

#604 7 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Has anyone run into an issue where the elevator come up, the claw grabs the ball and then the claw just sits there until ball search? Is there a sensor that tells the claw that it successfully grabbed the ball? Mine doesn't this on a completey random basis.

I encountered a similar issue during the teardown recently.

To check the GI I powered on the game and the claw/elevator wants a bit haywire. While both systems had power, the optometrist sensors had yet to be reconnected. Given this, I would double check all your connections.

#605 7 years ago

I'll be picking up my DM next week. My friend insists that the first order of business will be flipper and pop rebuilds as well as a shop out. I've been thinking of doing some Titan bands on the game. Anybody done these? What color scheme did you use? Got pics?

#606 7 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I'll be picking up my DM next week. My friend insists that the first order of business will be flipper and pop rebuilds as well as a shop out. I've been thinking of doing some Titan bands on the game. Anybody done these? What color scheme did you use? Got pics?

glow in the dark would be epic imo, or orange, or white, but mostly gitd

#607 7 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I did the semi translucent titans and they look great, even though they do disappear a bit more than the other colors. Not photos though, sorry.

#608 7 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I just did the Titan bands in white and light blue for the flippers. I really like the bands throughout the game, but I'm not in love with the flippers.

#609 7 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I'm looking forward to picking this one up.

#610 7 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Titan bands on the game.

I like plain old black, the one I just shopped is for a friend and he wanted whites I'll try to find a pic of my old one with all black, for me this is the best color for all games, works well with the art and cab plus I prefer the bounce they deliver.

#611 7 years ago

In the club! Sound on mine is anemic. Explosions and other effects need some oomph. Thinking of getting an internal sub to replace original cabinet speaker. Can anyone weigh in whether this results in significant improvement? Should I consider back box speaker upgrades also? Not looking to spend money unnecessarily.

#612 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

In the club! Sound on mine is anemic. Explosions and other effects need some oomph. Thinking of getting an internal sub to replace original cabinet speaker. Can anyone weigh in whether this results in significant improvement? Should I consider back box speaker upgrades also? Not looking to spend money unnecessarily.

You definitely want to go with a self powered amp. Anything that isn't self powered will be just as lacking in oomph as what you have.

#613 7 years ago

Thanks for the Titan tips guys. I am torn between glow in the dark or clear. Now I must also decide clear star posts or blue....

#614 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

I had pinball pro in mine and didn't like it... if I was to do it again: I'd put a powered sub under it and a full stereo system externally around it... Dcs is supposed to be amazing, why on demo man is it lacking??

#615 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Dcs is supposed to be amazing, why on demo man is it lacking??

Did you have the home ROM?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dm-questions#post-1433065

#616 7 years ago

No, I don't believe so, my friend across town bought it from me though, so I can't check the version just yet, but yes... it sounded very compressed, the sound quality was kind of underwhelming.

#617 7 years ago

Has anyone had any luck finding replacement ramp flaps for this game? I need the one that goes on the ramp you hit with the upper flipper.

#618 7 years ago

Hi Friends,

I did not take quite the detailed pics that I thought I did when moving my machine. I have a blue and white lead with a manufacture tag of IJ104, however I wrote IJ105 on the connector. I remember having a similar issue with my BSD where the manufacture tag was wrong and I was correct.

Can anyone tell me what they have in those two locations? Thanks in advance.

#619 7 years ago

I just ordered both the special demo time roms and the lx4 rom with something for leds I believe. Can anyone chime in on which version they use and why? Also what's the difference? Thanks in advance.

#620 7 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Hi Friends,
I did not take quite the detailed pics that I thought I did when moving my machine. I have a blue and white lead with a manufacture tag of IJ104, however I wrote IJ105 on the connector. I remember having a similar issue with my BSD where the manufacture tag was wrong and I was correct.
Can anyone tell me what they have in those two locations? Thanks in advance.

Page 3-32 in the manual I believe shows that only J104 is used, not J105. See attached...

Williams_1994_Demolition_Man_Operations_Manual_English_OCR_searchable.pdfWilliams_1994_Demolition_Man_Operations_Manual_English_OCR_searchable.pdf

#621 7 years ago

Page 3-32 in the manual I believe shows that only J104 is used, not J105. See attached...

Thanks! I have the manual, but...after Rollergames I have decided not to put my trust in them. Turns out they are a parallel circuit so either is correct.

#622 7 years ago

Ready to shop a Demo Man I have had about a year now, and I had a few questions. I need to make the clear plastic in the upper left of the playfield that rest on top of the car tube. I wonder if someone can give me the dimensions of that plastic. Second, there is a hex spacer that is supposed to be attached to the top of one of the M E L lane guides. I have seen this hex post in all sorts of position on the lane guides from pictures, mostly 3rd lane guide from the right and post closest to the front of the machine. Does someone know WHERE this post Should go, how long it is, and does it attach at the top to something or just sits under a ramp for support . Mine is missing.

Many Thanks
Mark

1 week later
#623 7 years ago

Hi - I bought the home swear ROMs - do I just pull out the 9 ROMs (8 sound/speech; 1 CPU) on the boards and put in the new ones or is there anything I need to do on the menus of the game to "set them up"? Do I need a special tool to pull the chips or can I pull by hand or lift up with a flat head screwdriver? Anything else I need to do?

Thanks a lot - I am a newbie when it comes to working on games so I am sure this is very elementary to many of you awesome tech guys - learning a lot on this and other threads - really appreciate everyone posting so I can learn! Thank you!

#624 7 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Hi - I bought the home swear ROMs

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-Insulated-Vinyl-Puller/dp/B0002JEZ2I/ref=pd_lpo_236_lp_img_4

You can use a small flat tip screwdriver but the chip puller is much better.
Make sure the game is off.
Make note of the semi circle indent on the old chip. the new one must be put in the same way.
Pry slowly on either side of the chip you are removing. Make sure you are prying between chip and socket. Pull straight out.
Place the new chip so one side the legs on side are aligned. Gently push the chip in making sure the legs line up.
You will lose all settings and need to put in the time and date, set free play and any other changes you want.
A2-26 vulgar speech must be turned on. You can turn it off when you don't want to offend anyone.

#625 7 years ago

Awesome! Thank you so much Smiley!!

#626 7 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Where did you buy your mirror blades? I bought a pair from cointaker last week and the holes that are pre-cut for the hinges did not line up with the demo man hinges. After doing some research on pinside, I learned that the hinges on demo man are in a slightly different place than on the other Williams games. When you buy the blades (from cointaker at least), they say "Williams", "Stern"' etc versus the name of the specific game. I ended up putting the blades that I bought on my getaway instead, but still would like to put them on DM. Does anyone know where to buy mirror blades that are made to fit DM?
By the way, since I am in the club thread, I should mention that I have had this game for a year and it is one of my favorite games!

Just following up to see if anyone knows where to buy mirror blades that fit demo man. Thanks

#627 7 years ago

Hi Smiley - I carefully replaced all the chips and I have no sound - I get "Sound Error SYS 3.48" - any ideas what this is and how I can correct? Thank you!

#628 7 years ago

Got Sound! - ummm got so excited toward the end the new ROMs were going in well I switched #s U2 & U3 - duh!!!....sadly I'm an accountant you think I would know how to count!! Then still had Error but saw U7 on screen error report so re-seated that and now good. Thanks a lot Smiley for the guidance (and to all who post their awesome knowledge on here - love this site!!)

#629 7 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Just following up to see if anyone knows where to buy mirror blades that fit demo man. Thanks

There is only one mirror blades company. They do not sell Demo Man specific blades. Their WPC blades are easy to modify to fit a DM.

#630 7 years ago

I am glad you are up and running.

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

There is only one mirror blades company. They do not sell Demo Man specific blades. Their WPC blades are easy to modify to fit a DM.

I couldn't figure out how to do this without putting them over the bolt and leaving the factory-drilled hole (where the bolts should go) visible. Do you have any tips that might help me figure this out? Thanks for responding by the way.

#632 7 years ago

I don't, I had read about the problems here and reached out to the company and asked them. They weren't aware of the deiscrepencies. They recommended drilling out the original hole a bit more. I hadn't realized measurements were that off that they modification wouldn't be covered by the hardware.

It might be worth taking a picture and sending it to them. Maybe they could send you a set that was not drilled out. I planned on ordering a set when I finish with my restoration.

#633 7 years ago

Has anyone purchased the repro plastics from PPS, how is the artwork? Is it true to the original?

#634 7 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Has anyone purchased the repro plastics from PPS, how is the artwork? Is it true to the original?

I got them. The plastic is a it thinner, and the colors didn't seem as dark at first, but then I realized that my original plastics were super yellowed, so the colors were darker. Also, I can't say I was overly impressed by how the graphics were aligned with the cutout shapes. Not any worse than the original, but I was expecting them to clean up the alignment and to make sure the borders were equal all the way around. I think they just took the original files as they were and hit print/cut.

All that being said, it was a really nice upgrade and the difference having new clear plastics instead of old yellowed ones is huge!

#635 7 years ago

Thanks, it sounds like they just scanned these and didn't bother to vectorize and fix the art. This is what I was afraid of. *sigh*

#636 7 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Thanks, it sounds like hey just scanned these and didn't bother to vectorize and fix the art. This is what I was afraid of. *sigh*

The set I got from Bay Area looks real nice to me.

#637 7 years ago

Anybody have any interest in a NOS Cleared PF? I picked this up when I grabbed my game for $750. Sadly I did not notice some slight inserts raise. One looks like a hairline crack the other looks like decal lines. The perfectionist in me can't install it as is knowing that it can be fixed and I don't have the skills or the fund to repair. It doesn't appear the clear is cracked, it is just cosmetic. One could repair, or simply glue the inserts in place and leave as it.

I plan on posting in the market place tomorrow, but wanted to give other DM owners here first crack. Aside form the freeze inserts the PF is STUNNING.

unnamed-14 (resized).jpgunnamed-14 (resized).jpg

unnamed-10 (resized).jpgunnamed-10 (resized).jpg

unnamed-9 (resized).jpgunnamed-9 (resized).jpg

unnamed-11 (resized).jpgunnamed-11 (resized).jpg

#638 7 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Anybody have any interest in a NOS Cleared PF?

I'm interested. How much are you asking? I have one coming in a container group buy that I know has wear down in front of the flippers that I don't have the skills to fix. But I can't afford much and I've never done a playfield swap!

#639 7 years ago

I am hoping to get the $750 that I paid for it back

#640 7 years ago

I have one coming in a container group buy that I know has wear down in front of the flippers that I don't have the skills to fix.

I'm interested in your playfield if you buy a better one for yourself.

1 month later
#641 7 years ago

Hello guys, do anyone have some nice custom instruction card for Demo man to share?? Thank you!!

#642 7 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Hello guys, do anyone have some nice custom instruction card for Demo man to share?? Thank you!!

Check these out:

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/
http://www.pinballcards.com/Pinball-Cards/Demolition-Man

3 weeks later
#643 6 years ago

Joined the club recently, my MPU has a rom labeled PX-3? It doesn't seem to match the roms on ipdb, does anyone know how old it is? I assume it's not the newest, which means I'll have to burn a copy of the newest (L-4?) rom or the home roms. I don't care about swearing, is there any other notable differences for the home rom?

Anyone got a spare translite?

#644 6 years ago

Joins the DM Club Needs a new plastic set, and a good clean, but other than that...

#645 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Joined the club recently, my MPU has a rom labeled PX-3? It doesn't seem to match the roms on ipdb, does anyone know how old it is? I assume it's not the newest, which means I'll have to burn a copy of the newest (L-4?) rom or the home roms. I don't care about swearing, is there any other notable differences for the home rom?
Anyone got a spare translite?

Congrats! I think one of the best games for the $ currently.

I added the swear ROMs and think I noticed a couple things other than the swearing but nothing huge or that I can specifically recall. I enjoy the swearing so for me that part was worth it alone - but if you don't care about that not sure there is that much to gain but if anyone else has a different opinion they will chime in.

I got an alternative translite for mine so have the original to sell - PM me if interested.

#646 6 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

not sure there is that much to gain

I'm pretty sure line has a fairly old copy, so I need to burn a ROM either way... Interested in the little Gameplay differences, if any...

#647 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'm pretty sure line has a fairly old copy, so I need to burn a ROM either way... Interested in the little Gameplay differences, if any...

I didn't have that many plays on the game before I decided to get the home ROMs so can't pinpoint any specific game play or non-swear call outs. I just remember thinking "that seems new" as I played but there was nothing earth shattering.

What I did was read all the threads on this and the consensus seemed to be it was worth it but that was more for the swearing. There were some that said it was not. Here are a couple quotes from a thread:

"also forgot, the sound quality is better with the profanity set, as they are bigger, and the audio is less compressed. It is somewhat noticeable."

"I actually have installed them since my post. Definitely quotes directly from the movie. Sound good and definitely fitting to what happens during the game. I like the violation animation that happens sometimes too. I upgraded from P3 ROMs so there is a large difference for me upgrading to these ROMs so it was very worth it."

I did try and search for any specific game play differences listing but could not find one.

2 weeks later
#648 6 years ago

Hi fellow Pinsiders! I don't post really post that often, but I was hoping you guys could help me figure out where I could find the following part for my Demo Man (specifically the bracket with the screws). I recently shopped it myself, but noticed there were a few parts missing. This one is a bit of a head scratcher.

DM Part? (resized).pngDM Part? (resized).png

#649 6 years ago

Hi All
My "eye" in DemoMan has dried out! No fluid at all, this causes it not to roll.

Can anyone suggest/know where I can get a new one

Thanks

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All
My "eye" in DemoMan has dried out! No fluid at all, this causes it not to roll.
Can anyone suggest/know where I can get a new one
Thanks

I bought mine from Marco, but it appears as though they are out of stock. I didn't see them for sale anywhere else when I was shopping for a new one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 81.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.