Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders.

By Rascal_H

4 years ago

Stats

• Started 4 years ago
  • 622 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by OCD_pinball

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

Uploaded by Gogojohnnyquack (PDF preview)
Uploaded by Hazoff
Uploaded by Hazoff
Uploaded by Hazoff
Uploaded by Hazoff
Uploaded by Hazoff
Uploaded by Hazoff
Uploaded by Hazoff
Uploaded by Hazoff
Uploaded by Hazoff

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

There are 622 posts in topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
#601 14 days ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

do you have any tips or tricks for us specific to a Demo Man refurb?

Novus 2, and elbow grease. Its a pretty easy tear down actually, I take pictures as I go and label everything by number as it comes off for an easy reassemble, thats the most important step.

#602 13 days ago

do you have any tips or tricks for us specific to a Demo Man refurb?

WhiskeyTango is working on a very detailed teardown thread, with most everything off the top of the playfield last time I checked.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-resto

Quoted from Hazoff:
Did an overhaul on this one, was super dirty

Wow, that really is a night and day difference there... Looks way better!

#603 13 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Has anyone run into an issue where the elevator come up, the claw grabs the ball and then the claw just sits there until ball search? Is there a sensor that tells the claw that it successfully grabbed the ball? Mine doesn't this on a completey random basis.

Mine did this until I updated the ROMs, I had really old proto ROMs (as it was an actual proto DM, I had to switch out the development WPC-S before the new ROMs would even work) but I imagine samples or early games may have shipped with code that still did that on occasion. There is no such sensor... So if you're not on a later release I'd try that.

#604 13 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Has anyone run into an issue where the elevator come up, the claw grabs the ball and then the claw just sits there until ball search? Is there a sensor that tells the claw that it successfully grabbed the ball? Mine doesn't this on a completey random basis.

I encountered a similar issue during the teardown recently.

To check the GI I powered on the game and the claw/elevator wants a bit haywire. While both systems had power, the optometrist sensors had yet to be reconnected. Given this, I would double check all your connections.

#605 11 days ago

I'll be picking up my DM next week. My friend insists that the first order of business will be flipper and pop rebuilds as well as a shop out. I've been thinking of doing some Titan bands on the game. Anybody done these? What color scheme did you use? Got pics?

#606 11 days ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I'll be picking up my DM next week. My friend insists that the first order of business will be flipper and pop rebuilds as well as a shop out. I've been thinking of doing some Titan bands on the game. Anybody done these? What color scheme did you use? Got pics?

glow in the dark would be epic imo, or orange, or white, but mostly gitd

#607 10 days ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I did the semi translucent titans and they look great, even though they do disappear a bit more than the other colors. Not photos though, sorry.

#608 10 days ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I just did the Titan bands in white and light blue for the flippers. I really like the bands throughout the game, but I'm not in love with the flippers.

#609 10 days ago

Thanks for the input guys. I'm looking forward to picking this one up.

#610 10 days ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Titan bands on the game.

I like plain old black, the one I just shopped is for a friend and he wanted whites I'll try to find a pic of my old one with all black, for me this is the best color for all games, works well with the art and cab plus I prefer the bounce they deliver.

#611 8 days ago

In the club! Sound on mine is anemic. Explosions and other effects need some oomph. Thinking of getting an internal sub to replace original cabinet speaker. Can anyone weigh in whether this results in significant improvement? Should I consider back box speaker upgrades also? Not looking to spend money unnecessarily.

#612 8 days ago
Quoted from JeffA:

In the club! Sound on mine is anemic. Explosions and other effects need some oomph. Thinking of getting an internal sub to replace original cabinet speaker. Can anyone weigh in whether this results in significant improvement? Should I consider back box speaker upgrades also? Not looking to spend money unnecessarily.

You definitely want to go with a self powered amp. Anything that isn't self powered will be just as lacking in oomph as what you have.

#613 8 days ago

Thanks for the Titan tips guys. I am torn between glow in the dark or clear. Now I must also decide clear star posts or blue....

#614 6 days ago
Quoted from JeffA:

I had pinball pro in mine and didn't like it... if I was to do it again: I'd put a powered sub under it and a full stereo system externally around it... Dcs is supposed to be amazing, why on demo man is it lacking??

#615 6 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Dcs is supposed to be amazing, why on demo man is it lacking??

Did you have the home ROM?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dm-questions#post-1433065

#616 6 days ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Did you have the home ROM?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dm-questions#post-1433065

No, I don't believe so, my friend across town bought it from me though, so I can't check the version just yet, but yes... it sounded very compressed, the sound quality was kind of underwhelming.

#617 6 days ago

Has anyone had any luck finding replacement ramp flaps for this game? I need the one that goes on the ramp you hit with the upper flipper.

#618 4 days ago

Hi Friends,

I did not take quite the detailed pics that I thought I did when moving my machine. I have a blue and white lead with a manufacture tag of IJ104, however I wrote IJ105 on the connector. I remember having a similar issue with my BSD where the manufacture tag was wrong and I was correct.

Can anyone tell me what they have in those two locations? Thanks in advance.

#619 3 days ago

I just ordered both the special demo time roms and the lx4 rom with something for leds I believe. Can anyone chime in on which version they use and why? Also what's the difference? Thanks in advance.

#620 3 days ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Hi Friends,
I did not take quite the detailed pics that I thought I did when moving my machine. I have a blue and white lead with a manufacture tag of IJ104, however I wrote IJ105 on the connector. I remember having a similar issue with my BSD where the manufacture tag was wrong and I was correct.
Can anyone tell me what they have in those two locations? Thanks in advance.

Page 3-32 in the manual I believe shows that only J104 is used, not J105. See attached...

Williams_1994_Demolition_Man_Operations_Manual_English_OCR_searchable.pdf

#621 3 days ago

Page 3-32 in the manual I believe shows that only J104 is used, not J105. See attached...

Thanks! I have the manual, but...after Rollergames I have decided not to put my trust in them. Turns out they are a parallel circuit so either is correct.

#622 2 days ago

Ready to shop a Demo Man I have had about a year now, and I had a few questions. I need to make the clear plastic in the upper left of the playfield that rest on top of the car tube. I wonder if someone can give me the dimensions of that plastic. Second, there is a hex spacer that is supposed to be attached to the top of one of the M E L lane guides. I have seen this hex post in all sorts of position on the lane guides from pictures, mostly 3rd lane guide from the right and post closest to the front of the machine. Does someone know WHERE this post Should go, how long it is, and does it attach at the top to something or just sits under a ramp for support . Mine is missing.

Many Thanks
Mark

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, MO
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Boards
PinSound
$ 269.99
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 239.99
$ 45.00
Lighting - Other
PinballToys
$ 199.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 622 posts in topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.