(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,721 posts
  • 301 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 500 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2303 (resized).jpg
IMG_2302 (resized).jpg
IMG_2304 (resized).jpg
IMG_2305 (resized).jpg
IMG_2306 (resized).jpg
IMG_2307 (resized).jpg
IMG_4718 (resized).jpg
IMG_4717 (resized).jpg
IMG_4706 (resized).jpg
IMG_4712 (resized).jpg
img-0158_orig (resized).jpg
PPS-BAA (resized).jpg
Shipping To USA Verboten (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
83521937_171656880715512_8709819730665406464_n (resized).jpg
0-1 (resized).jpeg

There are 1721 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 35.
#501 3 years ago

I finally joined the club, and pretty much got this game completely working accept one issue. The ball gets stuck under the claw when I choose ACMAG. The claw operates fine, but just seems like it needs to move a little bit more to the left. I am not sure what I need to adjust. Sometimes I can hit the shot if the ball gathers some momentum and release it early.

Any suggestions?

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from troxel:

I finally joined the club, and pretty much got this game completely working accept one issue. The ball gets stuck under the claw when I choose ACMAG. The claw operates fine, but just seems like it needs to move a little bit more to the left. I am not sure what I need to adjust. Sometimes I can hit the shot if the ball gathers some momentum and release it early.
Any suggestions?

Mine did that as well when I got it. It was getting stuck between the switch and the underside of the claw arm. All I did was loosen the set screws on the back and lift the claw up a tiny bit and it stopped happening, so give that a try. At the same time, you can try to shift the whole arm to the left a bit, but I found that the flat side of the shaft made the set screws tightened against made it difficult to adjust. Tightening it up just moved it back to the right.

#503 3 years ago

I'm not quite sure which screw. Can you point it out for me?

1_(resized).JPG

2_(resized).JPG

#504 3 years ago

It's actually two screws, #15 on the first picture. You have to slide the playfield out and take the cover off the crane to get at them.

#505 3 years ago

redundo-thank you! That did the trick. I had to move it up and to the left a little bit, but now it's working fine.

#506 3 years ago
Quoted from troxel:

redundo-thank you! That did the trick. I had to move it up and to the left a little bit, but now it's working fine.

Awesome, glad I was able to help!

#507 3 years ago

repost. Please Help!!!

quick question club members!! I have 2 balls stuck way in the back of the playfield to the right as you face the game. Under the ramp. they don't effect gameplay, but I would like to get them out. What would be the easiest way? Thanks for the help!!

Brian

#508 3 years ago

Look at the manual, I understand that there is a methodical way to remove the ramps, otherwise get a child with small arms and hands?

#509 3 years ago

Try lifting the playfield to vertical and see if you can them to fall out?

#510 3 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

2 balls stuck way in the back of the playfield to the right as you face the game. Under the ramp.

can't you just pull the small backboard off behind the pf? i haven't shopped mine out in yrs, but this would be easiest method i would assume. you would have to disconnect the flashers i'd assume, then pull the 8? wood screws out. sorry if this machine isn't applicable, but most WPC machines are.

#511 3 years ago

Thanks guys Will try those ideas

3 weeks later
#512 3 years ago

Now that I have finally fixed my Demo man, I want to now clean it up with some new parts. The cryoclaw plastic is in really bad shape. I was able to find the claw base but I cant find the actual claw arm plastic. The couple places I know of are sold out, does anyone know a place that sells them?

#513 3 years ago

I can't seem to find switch 54 the upper rebound. Can someone post a picture of it or explain where it's at for me? Thanks

#514 3 years ago

I just had a switch 54 error recently were the wire came disconnected.

P1130324_(resized).JPG

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from troxel:

I just had a switch 54 error recently were the wire came disconnected.

You are the man trowel! Thank you so much.

#516 3 years ago

Hey all,
I have a claw related question. Maybe you could help me.

The claw will swing over to pick up the ball, the elevator will raise the ball, the magnet will grab the ball, the elevator will go back down but then it won't move again. The magnet releases the ball 4-5 seconds after nothing happens and then I have shut the game off to get the ball out.

The funny thing is after I restart the game I will go into the test mode and the claw, elevator, all of it works fine.

It just gets hung up sometimes during play.

Any ideas on what that might be?

I'd like to try fixing it before I sell it.

-also-

Anybody looking for a DM near Milwaukee? I'm asking $2200.

#517 3 years ago

When I bought my demo man about six months ago, someone told me that you need to upgrade to stronger flipper coils to get better action on the ramps and fully enjoy the game. In this thread, I learned which coils to buy and bought them at a show earlier this year. Here is the issue though. When I bought the higher strength coils (10% stronger), the guy I bought them from said that when you get stronger flipper coils, plastics tend to break easier from the additional force. Since I just replaced some plastics when I bought the machine, I have held off on replacing the coils out of fear that I will ruin my new plastics. Just wanted to see if any pinsiders had thoughts/experience on this issue. Thanks

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

When I bought my demo man about six months ago, someone told me that you need to upgrade to stronger flipper coils to get better action on the ramps and fully enjoy the game. In this thread, I learned which coils to buy and bought them at a show earlier this year. Here is the issue though. When I bought the higher strength coils (10% stronger), the guy I bought them from said that when you get stronger flipper coils, plastics tend to break easier from the additional force. Since I just replaced some plastics when I bought the machine, I have held off on replacing the coils out of fear that I will ruin my new plastics. Just wanted to see if any pinsiders had thoughts/experience on this issue. Thanks

Pinbits sells a plastic protector set I believe, I got them for mine when I had it, installed them, never looked back

#519 3 years ago

Here i am! Got my DM yesterday! Really happy of my new pin
It has some problems that I have to repair though..all the coils seems to be weak..balls hardly come out from the holes, the launch button is very weak and things like this! You know where should i have to look? Is this a common problem on this game?
Which are those stronger coils that tomh52722 is talking about? Someone else is using them succesfully?

PS I have a ball stuck in the upper-right hole just like happened to BBC..probably because the coil is too week to pull it out :/

#520 3 years ago

I added diamond plate "blades" and it turned out awesome!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#521 3 years ago

Just put some coin takered strips in the back on my ramps. It lights up the back nicely in my opinion.

image_(resized).jpeg

#522 3 years ago

Anyone have the small plastic that goes on top of the 2 posts by the pop bumpers (under the right ramp)? My cab is missing it... :0(

Capture_(resized).JPG

#523 3 years ago

Still have the same demo man I started the club with years ago.

It's the first game I've had to shop twice! In the process of that now. Can't wait to fix the messed up pops.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#524 3 years ago

Been playing my DM a lot lately and wanted to drop in with a couple comments. Love the game's flow, and if you set it up nasty it's just great.

As for the rules, it is my wish for someone to update the software, but with only one minor tweak - if the light is lit (aka you already did that claw drop), you can't redo it. It eliminates the strategy of Lock Freeze Lock Freeze Lock Freeze that otherwise gets you through the multi balls thus making it much harder to do, and forces you to play the other modes, most of which are actually pretty good, just waaaaaaaay too undervalued in points.

Do that one tweak, and it solves the only issue I have with it.

Also, my DM had a lock thing to the left of the lock down bar. I've seen a few pics of one's that have this... What is it there for?

#525 3 years ago

Has anyone replaced they pop bumper caps with something other than yellow? Have a photo you could share? I'm thinking this might look good with the blue LED ring type caps, or maybe something else...

Thanks!

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

Has anyone replaced they pop bumper caps with something other than yellow? Have a photo you could share? I'm thinking this might look good with the blue LED ring type caps, or maybe something else...
Thanks!

I don't have a pic offhand, but I used red skirts, white bodies and clear blue tops. Not led lit, I'm not a fan of overly bright games. Looks great. I'll try to take a pic soon.

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

It eliminates the strategy of Lock Freeze Lock Freeze Lock Freeze that otherwise gets you through the multi balls thus making it much harder to do, and forces you to play the other modes, most of which are actually pretty good, just waaaaaaaay too undervalued in points.

I'm pretty sure if you disable the claw, the modes at random and don't duplicate until you've cleared them all.

I played DM in a tournament, the claw was disabled and it automatically picked the mode when I shot the claw.

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm pretty sure if you disable the claw, the modes at random and don't duplicate until you've cleared them all.
I played DM in a tournament, the claw was disabled and it automatically picked the mode when I shot the claw.

I believe that is correct, but then it doesn't use the claw at all.

At least on my game, if you don't drop the Super Pops choice at the exact right spot, it rolls to Prison Breakout. Having that become no reward if you drop it in the wrong spot would still use the game's toy, but could make errors and can't just lock Freeze forever would make it a lot more interesting. Would you save your lock Freeze to try to start some multi balls first? Blow it right away for big points?

It solves my only annoyance with the game. Someone out there do it like the Tommy tweak that made me soooooo happy!

#529 3 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

At least on my game, if you don't drop the Super Pops choice at the exact right spot, it rolls to Prison Breakout.

Mine is like that too... So annoying. Gonna try to bend the super jets switch down a little to make it super easy for the ball to roll over. Right now if I don't get the ball coming off the crane with a little speed it rolls over to breakout.

#530 3 years ago

Here's mine with blue Angel Eyes. No LEDs otherwise. Looks awesome.

Cheers
N.

WP_20160501_13_13_55_Pro_(resized).jpg

WP_20160501_17_08_52_Pro_(resized).jpg

#531 3 years ago

Check out the demolition time rom by James Cardona. I have it somewhere but still am really enjoying the original game, so haven't checked it out yet. Here is a decent wrote up about it http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/demolition-time-by-cardona.1357/

#532 3 years ago

New Member of the club.

Anyone purchase the plastic set from Bay Area? Just wondering what people's thoughts are of the Planetary products. I've only had experiences with the CPR plastics.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-DM31-1919-COMP

Thanks for the insight

#533 3 years ago

Just got demo man a week ago and it's now on location so everybody can enjoy it.

20160814_143121_(resized).jpg

24752_(resized).jpeg

#534 3 years ago

My DemoMan came with some added spotlights. I put in pinball life 4 light purples to make all the flourscents pop.

I'm really happy with this one. The flow is great.

image_(resized).jpeg

IMG_9948_(resized).JPG

#535 3 years ago

I started a poll a few days ago about rubbers on DM's outlane posts, and almost no one noticed!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demo-man-poll-rubber-on-outlane-posts

Would appreciate some input!

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Mine is like that too... So annoying. Gonna try to bend the super jets switch down a little to make it super easy for the ball to roll over. Right now if I don't get the ball coming off the crane with a little speed it rolls over to breakout.

The switch isn't the problem, it's the plastic trough the ball rolls on.

I used a heat gun to reshape mine in that spot so it drops down now.

Be careful and don't use too much heat.

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

New Member of the club.
Anyone purchase the plastic set from Bay Area? Just wondering what people's thoughts are of the Planetary products. I've only had experiences with the CPR plastics.
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-DM31-1919-COMP
Thanks for the insight

I am sure that's the same as the set from planetary pinball. I got it and for the most part it's pretty awesome. So nice to have clear plastics that aren't all yellowed! There were several issues with the decal peeling off with the paper which sucks. Apparently that was just a bad batch of material though. They sent me a new set which was better, but I am still waiting to hear back about the last couple issues I have had. Also, the plastic is a bit thinner than the original, so I'd recommend getting a protector set, of your weren't already planning on doing so.

#538 3 years ago

Got an elevator error this weekend. Can anyone hold my hand on how to troubleshoot it?

Added over 4 years ago: Had a chance to look at the elevator this weekend, and turned out one of the ribbon cables was disconnected. Plugged it back in and everything is working fine. Got 6.9B on it, which is a new HS for me.

1 week later
#539 3 years ago

I think a pop rebuild was long overdue.

image (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#540 3 years ago

Is a Demo Man for $2k a good deal? Now I know that price depends on condition and all that stuff, but it looks like it's in really nice shape and not a beater or anything.

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Is a Demo Man for $2k a good deal? Now I know that price depends on condition and all that stuff, but it looks like it's in really nice shape and not a beater or anything.

I'd say 2k is a fair deal. A good deal would be players condition for 1800-1900. Demo Man in players condition is 2k all day. In newly shopped, led, and above average condition can get 2300-2500. It's a great pin. Hope it works out for you. Cheers

#542 3 years ago

I have bought a dirt cheap Demo man last friday. I am not sure if the translite is faded or not so I would like to ask for your opinion on that matter. I ve took a picture of it outside on a sunny day:

IMG_2548.JPG

3 weeks later
#543 3 years ago

Good evening, I've been lurking for about oh, 8 months now but thought I'd come out of the woodwork to ask a question.

There seems to be an elusive, never mentioned, only spoken of in hushed whispers piece of playfield plastic for this game. The only time I ever even see it is in the complete Demo Man plastics set over at Planetary Pinball. Does anyone know what the hell this is actually called, and is there some secret hidden corner of the net where you can buy JUST this piece and not the entire $160 dollar kit? It's very rare that I see a game with this piece, but it goes in the top right of the playfield adjacent to the pop bumpers and just above the slingshot (as I am sure you all know very well).

I've searched high and low but I absolutely cannot find it. It's the only piece my game is missing and is highlighted below by a haphazardly drawn red arrow. Thanks!!!

P.S. - I had to include the gratuitous picture of my machine, I was lucky enough to have Dennis Nordman sign the translight on this one right across Stalone's face

P.S.S. I have learned so much from the Pinside community in the past 8 months....thanks to all of you! I love this place!

unobtainium demoman (resized).PNGDemoman2 (resized).jpg

#544 3 years ago

If you scroll up to post 522 I was missing that piece too. I found it on ebay a few weeks ago for $10. Good luck.

#545 3 years ago

Damn! I have been checking every day by searching "demolition man pinball". Did you find it listed under some other crazy name?

#546 3 years ago

I think I just got really lucky.

2 weeks later
#547 3 years ago

Oo Oo oo!!! I want in!!!20161025_215002 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#548 3 years ago

I played a DM in a tournament yesterday, and it seemed like the handles were more in the way of using the normal flipper buttons than on my own DM, which is a sample. Could someone measure the distance from the top edge of the lockdown bar to the bottom edge of the handle assembly on their own DM for me? Thanks in advance!

2 weeks later
#550 3 years ago

Hello to all!

So I finally was able to get my hands on a DemoMan (in parts) and I'm trying to put the ramps/playfield together, I've read that there's only one way on how you should put the ramps back (their order) can someone be kind enough to point me on how to make this, I tried but I'm sure I wasn't make it correctly.

Thanks in advance!

~j

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
There are 1721 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside