(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,042 posts
  • 429 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Peer
  • Topic is favorited by 155 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2590 (resized).jpeg
56792a12-d9e6-4eb5-8120-90cf43539721 (resized).jpeg
17092502734479174720410168802459 (resized).jpg
p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg
dm3 (resized).jpg
dm2 (resized).jpg
dm (resized).jpg
20240130_123819 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DemoManLaunchThumb (resized).jpg
DemoManLaunch04 (resized).jpg
DemoManLaunch03 (resized).jpg
DemoManLaunchThread (resized).jpg
PDC04580.JPG

There are 3,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 61.
#451 8 years ago

Just joined the club this weekend! 2nd pin so having a blast with it. Now I need to read up on additional mods.

1 week later
#452 8 years ago

Joined club a couple weeks ago when i traded T2 for a DM a friend had. Love the flow on DM.

Highest score so far is 489M. I need to triple that to get high score on mine.

#453 8 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

Joined club a couple weeks ago when i traded T2 for a DM a friend had. Love the flow on DM.
Highest score so far is 489M. I need to triple that to get high score on mine.

if you focus on multiballs you should be able to get there pretty quick. Choose freeze locks everytime! check out

for some other tips

#454 8 years ago

I'm in. Great pin!

1 week later
#455 7 years ago

Joined too. One of the legs does not keep the bolts in tight. Think of just adding nuts in side to properly secure. Also need to fix 4 switches and one place the ball doesn't pop out correctly (left lower side above slot leading to flipper. Also need to find right clip to keep back securely in place. Will need to clean inside. Looks like I have a new hobby (it is my first pinball machine). Played 15 games tonight. Once leg is attached better will level again.

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from RabidBunny:

Looks like I have a new hobby (it is my first pinball machine).

Congratulations on your first machine. My first was also Demolition Man. That was in November 2014....Now I have 7 and I'm finishing my basement so I have room for more.

I not addicted. I can stop anytime I want.

#457 7 years ago
Quoted from RabidBunny:

Joined too. One of the legs does not keep the bolts in tight. Think of just adding nuts in side to properly secure. Also need to fix 4 switches and one place the ball doesn't pop out correctly (left lower side above slot leading to flipper. Also need to find right clip to keep back securely in place. Will need to clean inside. Looks like I have a new hobby (it is my first pinball machine). Played 15 games tonight. Once leg is attached better will level again.

You just need one of these.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=144

It's what the leg bolts screw into. Yours is stripped and it's really common. Easy to put in. Just 6 screws. No need to take out a play field or anything. It'll be better than new.

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

You just need one of these.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=144
It's what the leg bolts screw into. Yours is stripped and it's really common. Easy to put in. Just 6 screws. No need to take out a play field or anything. It'll be better than new.

Great. I will order these (going to just grab 4, one of the others is a little funny).

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Congratulations on your first machine. My first was also Demolition Man. That was in November 2014....Now I have 7 and I'm finishing my basement so I have room for more.
I not addicted. I can stop anytime I want.

Thank you. I have a finished basement just starting to creep into other spaces. Have darts, Foosball, 3 arcade machines. Have a feeling I will be adding another pin but don't think I can match your 7

#460 7 years ago

Ordered parts I needed. Also figured out I have some missing plastics . Bought a set of plastic protectors for now thinking I can but these in place to save plastic pieces still good and cover the gaps where the ball keeps getting stuck until I can find proper replacements to go above. Have actually found both plastics I need but price is really high on one of them so want to look around more.

#461 7 years ago

Have machine working well. Almost everything working (fixed kicker, switches, plastic) and light cleaning. Still need to work on ball trough (31,32) and then it should be fully up. Not sure what ill effect the ball trough will have (assume multiball issues would eventually happen beyond 3 balls) Enjoying it a lot so far.

#462 7 years ago

Hello, I am planning a conversion to Demo man on Steroids, but I cannot find any information about it. There is only a Facebook page about Pinnovating, but no clear infos.
Any more detailed infos on this project and where to buy whats needed?

#463 7 years ago

Anyone with the ablity to make replacement plastics? I have a couple of broken ones and as we all know they are impossible to find.

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Hello, I am planning a conversion to Demo man on Steroids, but I cannot find any information about it. There is only a Facebook page about Pinnovating, but no clear infos.

I did some searching around on this as well and from what I found out it's not available. If you have better luck than I did let me know because I'd love to give it a shot!

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I messaged Pinnovating about this in September of 2014. I was told that the project is closed and that you can't obtain anything anymore. Take that for what it's worth.

I am looking at a Demo Man in the next few days. It's quite a hike from where I live, so the guy has offered to take a bunch of pictures for me and to also call me and go through some tests over the phone. While I'll still want to test things in person, what sort of things can I have him test to get at least a preliminary assessment of the various mechs?

#466 7 years ago

There you have it. Looks like the only way to get a DMOS is to buy someone's DMOS. I was VERY lucky to buy one second-hand last year. I've heard there are approximately 11.

#467 7 years ago

I have had DM for about 4 years now. I am about to start a full restore on it to give it the facelift it deserves. I have newly chromed handles, lockdown bar, side glass armor, metal ramps & legs (courtesy of Mike Chestnut). I am about to get a freshly clear coated playfield (courtesy of Brian @ HSA Pinball). I have nearly full LEDs on it now and will fill out the remainder. My biggest void is I want to do a complete plastics switch and can't find anyone who has them - can anybody point me in the right direction to buy a complete plastics kit????

Thanks!
Bobby

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I am looking at a Demo Man in the next few days. It's quite a hike from where I live, so the guy has offered to take a bunch of pictures for me and to also call me and go through some tests over the phone. While I'll still want to test things in person, what sort of things can I have him test to get at least a preliminary assessment of the various mechs?

The unusual feature on this game is the cryo-claw and it has several moving parts! Check that carefully and also check the functioning of the gun handles closely. Other than than, pretty standard Bally-Williams stuff to check.

Good luck, great game!
Bobby

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

I have had DM for about 4 years now. I am about to start a full restore on it to give it the facelift it deserves. I have newly chromed handles, lockdown bar, side glass armor, metal ramps & legs (courtesy of Mike Chestnut). I am about to get a freshly clear coated playfield (courtesy of Brian @ HSA Pinball). I have nearly full LEDs on it now and will fill out the remainder. My biggest void is I want to do a complete plastics switch and can't find anyone who has them - can anybody point me in the right direction to buy a complete plastics kit????
Thanks!
Bobby

Sold mine to a friend but a great game worthy of the Chestnut treatment. I had the handles done but nothing else. I had to source plastics from all of EU and Australia.

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Sold mine to a friend

That guy is a dirtbag.

#471 7 years ago

I'm having the same issue. I used a few strips of adhesive Velcro placed along the back ramp after the divertor on the way to the claw. It slows the ball down on its way to the claw elevator and I now rarely experience this issue. A better fix would be appreciated though

Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Hi Guys,
Loving the Demo Man, question about hitting the ball up the right ramp to the claw. Sometimes the ball does not make it to the elevator - looks like it bounces off the back left wall and gets stuck just to the right of the elevator. Then the game goes into search mode and the elevator goes up and once back down and the ball then falls into place. Any mod's you guys have used to fix this issue. Thanks! Matt

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm having the same issue. I used a few strips of adhesive Velcro placed along the back ramp after the divertor on the way to the claw. It slows the ball down on its way to the claw elevator and I now rarely experience this issue. A better fix would be appreciated though

I fixed mine, on the ramp almost to the elevator there was a screw that came loose and made the ramp a lille off center. Put a new screw in and it fixed the issue.

#473 7 years ago

I want to join the club but I cannot find one to buy. Any spare demo man's out there near pittsburgh? Please pm me.

#474 7 years ago

After checking into pinside constantly it's time to say hi.

Back in January I bought a Demolition Man in really bad condition. Since I got it I put quite some work into it. As it's my first pin it was steep learning curve. Now I'm at the point I'm starting to mod it

I got everything documented at my blog multiball.org It's all in Germany though.

Cheers

996389_27fcca05b48241778e655beec55a1ef1-816x460_(resized).jpg996389_27fcca05b48241778e655beec55a1ef1-816x460_(resized).jpg

WP_20160214_14_21_09_Pro-816x612_(resized).jpgWP_20160214_14_21_09_Pro-816x612_(resized).jpg

#475 7 years ago

I'm a recent owner of this pin here in UK & can't stop playing it , it's so underated it a crime! my machine has a good playfield with just two small cracks in the plastics, I always play with the handle triggers as it boosts the points but when I turn the machine on next time it tells me to check the cabinet flipper button switches as presumably the machine logged the switches as not activated, is this normal or a ROM bug?

Also for the first time today it told me to check switch 54 upper rebound switch but in the switch locations chart in the manual there is no 54 on the playfield diagram! so where do I look for the rebound switch ? The game appears to be running 100% normally

#476 7 years ago

I am looking for the James Cardona ROM. Do you know where is it possibile to get it?

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I am looking for the James Cardona ROM. Do you know where is it possibile to get it?

From James Cardona... Google him, you should be able to find his email

#478 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

From James Cardona... Google him, you should be able to find his email

I have it if he doesn't get back to you. I havent installed it yet though

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from Capnbirdseye:

I'm a recent owner of this pin here in UK & can't stop playing it , it's so underated it a crime! my machine has a good playfield with just two small cracks in the plastics, I always play with the handle triggers as it boosts the points but when I turn the machine on next time it tells me to check the cabinet flipper button switches as presumably the machine logged the switches as not activated, is this normal or a ROM bug?
Also for the first time today it told me to check switch 54 upper rebound switch but in the switch locations chart in the manual there is no 54 on the playfield diagram! so where do I look for the rebound switch ? The game appears to be running 100% normally

I have a friend who always plays the first game in his with the flipper buttons to avoid having them show up in the test report, so I am guessing it's normal.

When I had my judge dredd it would report a switch error with the ball trough if you didn't get a 6 ball multiball often enough, so I thinks that kind of thing is more common in these older games.

1 week later
#480 7 years ago

Anyone have a Demolition Man on Steroids they are looking to sell? Please PM me if you do.

#481 7 years ago

I picked up this gorgeous Demolition Man from a buddy this weekend. It’s the nicest condition non-HUO only game I’ve ever seen. It’s totally shopped with new rubber and all LED bulbs. It looks and plays amazing. I've waited a long time to finally post on this thread!!

13139338_10153362388827396_1765412732356334446_n_(resized).jpg13139338_10153362388827396_1765412732356334446_n_(resized).jpg

#482 7 years ago

I got a topper at Pinfest. Unfortunately, it doesn't respond to the remote so I think I might have to send it back. I'm sure Laseriffic will take care of it. At least it's stuck on blue.

IMG_9926_(resized).JPGIMG_9926_(resized).JPG

#483 7 years ago

Nice! cool topper!

#484 7 years ago

looking at DM as my first machine, does anyone have a list of phrases for it? Does it refer to the seashells at all? Does anyone have a list of what the profanity rom has? My wife was a fan of the movie, she has referred to the damn seashells a number of times (mostly when there is no toilet paper in the bathroom)

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

looking at DM as my first machine, does anyone have a list of phrases for it? Does it refer to the seashells at all? Does anyone have a list of what the profanity rom has? My wife was a fan of the movie, she has referred to the damn seashells a number of times (mostly when there is no toilet paper in the bathroom)

It's been a loonnnggg time since I've seen the movie so I don't remember the lines. I'm a recent owner of the machine and don't remember any sound clips referring to seashells. From a DM pin point of view, I think Wesley has the best lines. Followed closely by sly. Finally, this would make a great first pinball machine.

#486 7 years ago

No, there are no references made to the seashells in any of the callouts.

#487 7 years ago

Darn, it was a decent part of the movie !

#488 7 years ago

I have a DMD that is going in and out while playing. Doesn't seem to happen at any particular point. I checked the pins and connections. Everything seems fine. Any suggestions?

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from Turkey_Robinson:

I have a DMD that is going in and out while playing. Doesn't seem to happen at any particular point. I checked the pins and connections. Everything seems fine. Any suggestions?

I would check the ribbon cables (or replace them). Does it go completely blank? Did you run the video test in Diags?

#490 7 years ago

My ROM's are currently LA-3. So I'm looking for the profanity ROM's also as a minor upgrade. Does anyone here sell them? I looked on eBay and there is someone from Canada selling them for $68 after shipping. But if I can get them for a little less from a Pinsider, I'd prefer to go that route.

#491 7 years ago

Unfortunately, I have to sell my really nice demo man soon. Can't fit it in my new basement. I am an hour south of Chicago. Let me know if you know anyone who might be interested. I can get pics tomorrow.

#492 7 years ago

pretty sure this machine has some of the most and best callouts from a movie incorporated into a pin. i swear if you watch the movie you hear a callout every 5 minutes at least featured in the machine, sorry no sea shells (honestly it's probably the cheesiest part of the movie besides the taco bell shit).

#493 7 years ago

Love my DM! I've probably had it about a year, and it's my favorite in my small collection (3 pins). I'm a still a pinball noob, but all I can say is I have the most fun playing demo man. So many shots, and the callouts are awesome as others have mentioned.

#494 7 years ago

I bought a star trek, but still am hoping to find a good priced DM that I can sneak in

1 week later
#495 7 years ago

In case anyone isn't aware, Planetary Pinball currently has full Demo Man plastics sets in stock on their website, along with number of other parts. I'm finally getting a replacement eyeball, along with the plastic above the upper flipper.

I'd also like to say that if anyone is considering that set because they need multiple pieces, but doesn't need replacements for the plastics above the mid-right sling and/or the one next to the right ramp, I'd totally be interested in buying them off of you. They're not selling either of those separately on the site, and both are ones I want to replace on mine.

(http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1919-COMP&Store_Code=PP)

#496 7 years ago

Hello, I see there are two alternative translites for DM. Which one is better, when lighted up? Any pictures?

translite_demolition-man_pinball_williams_01_(resized).jpgtranslite_demolition-man_pinball_williams_01_(resized).jpg
translite_demolition-man_pinball_williams_02_(resized).jpgtranslite_demolition-man_pinball_williams_02_(resized).jpg

#497 7 years ago

Is there supposed to be water in the eye?

#498 7 years ago

quick question club members!! I have 2 balls stuck way in the back of the playfield to the right as you face the game. Under the ramp. they don't effect gameplay, but I would like to get them out. What would be the easiest way? Thanks for the help!!

Brian

#499 7 years ago

Anyone have a lead on a coin door decal for DM? Need one for my restore. Thanks!

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Is there supposed to be water in the eye?

yup

Quoted from BBC:

quick question club members!! I have 2 balls stuck way in the back of the playfield to the right as you face the game. Under the ramp. they don't effect gameplay, but I would like to get them out. What would be the easiest way? Thanks for the help!!
Brian

I had a ball get stuck back there, and if I remember right I used a magnet to fish them out. At least I think that's what I did. I remember it being a pain, but that doesn't really help...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
4,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Port Charlotte, FL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 11.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 81.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 3,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.