Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20171118-234811 (resized).png
Screenshot_20171118-153529 (resized).png
dm-playfield.png
P4270252.JPG
demo-man.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joekiss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Both sets of optos on my Demo man aren't working. Theres one in the underground and one at the top of the PF for the multi-ball/extra ball shot. Both quit working. I have checked all connections, the LED on the opto board is lit, checked all connections in the backbox, every wire, etc. What do I do now??

Also it is saying the magnet is broken in the claw. Are these things connected or is this a separate problem?

#3 10 years ago

How do I measure power?? What should It read?? can you be more specific??

Everything else seems to be working just fine.

#6 10 years ago

Just lost power. Game worked fine. They both went at once. When playing if the ball goes in one after a ffew seconds the machine searches for the ball and they kick out like theyre supposed to.

#8 10 years ago

No this is a new problem that just started. Sorry if I offended you.

1 week later
#12 10 years ago

Checked every connection I can think to check all is good. What do I do now???

#15 10 years ago

There is a small board under the PF im pretty sure is the opto board. It has an LED light on it which is on. All connections on it are good as well. Im stumped. the optos stopped working then worked for a few months then stopped again.

#17 10 years ago

It all looks good.

#19 10 years ago

Sorry it looks good. Optos don't work.

#22 10 years ago

What are the IR LEDs???

2 months later
#24 9 years ago

Tightened up all connections and it has been working fine. Today none of the optos work at all. None of them. Has to be a bad connection??

#27 9 years ago

Seems like since it works for awhile then stops its got to be a bad connection?? It couldn't be a bad capacitor could it?? Worked fine for quite some time.

#30 9 years ago

The opto board looks ok. Took it off cleaned it checked all connections. What should I do now?

#33 9 years ago

How do I measure the capacitor on this board???

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I just went through this with my Demo Man. Craziest thing I've seen. My lower popper optos died. I put in new optos and they didn't work. Then I put in a good set of used optos and they didn't work. I swapped in the optos from the upper popper and they worked fine. WTF! After that I soldered a new transmitter and receiver into the original opto boards and they worked. This is just a case of common sense not working.
Go back to square one. Go into switch test mode and jump the optos with a test wire to see if you get a test beep. If you can get a test beep with a jumper you can be sure it's an opto problem. If you can't get a test beep with a jumper then you can work back to board connectors. It's frustrating but the easiest thing to do is test for continuity first in switch test mode with a jumper. After that it's just backtracking.

When mine quit working NONE of the optos work. theres one for the crane, 1 for the underground, 1 for multi/extra ball and 1 in the ball trough. they all go out together.

#37 9 years ago

Please talk me through testing. Im new to the power /testing part. Where to put the leads, what setting. game on or off etc!!! Pic of my meterP4270252.JPGP4270252.JPG

#40 9 years ago

Set the meter to 10 v then put the red on it?? Game off or on when I do this?

#42 9 years ago

Thanks. Will do later today and post results!

#43 9 years ago

Went to test and the optos work perfectly. This is maddening!!

#44 9 years ago

I tested the capacitor when the optos were working looks like around 12v DC. later the optos all quit working I measured the capacitor again and got 0. If there was a bad connection would it cut all power to the capacitor?

Also the sound quit working. Everything is connected. Did I short something?

#46 9 years ago

Looks like about 12-14 DC coming in however the capacitor is showing 12 now also.

#48 9 years ago

Yes everything is working as of right now.

Any idea on the sound?? When I turn it on it does the ping but then nothing.

#49 9 years ago

OH DAMN!!! it looks like Judge Dredd has the same board??? Can I switch them to rule this part out??

#52 9 years ago

Right. Ill switch tonight. Just got JD I usually swap with Dirty harry. they use different boards.

#53 9 years ago

What is a sound board interface error??

#55 9 years ago

Switched boards. Exact same problem JD works fine. This board is fine. What next?

#57 9 years ago

The board from JD is still in DM. No optos however there is 12v going into the board and 12v going through the capacitor.

#59 9 years ago

I get that but they are all not working. There are four sets of optos and they all either work or don't work at the same time.

#60 9 years ago

Im going to visually check all connections again.

#62 9 years ago

I think Ive given up.

#64 9 years ago

Which emitters and transistors?? Looks like the trough opto would be the first one if they are daisy chained.

#66 9 years ago

Don't know about the chase cars but yes when they are all not working the trough opto doesn't work either.

#69 9 years ago

What board should I check?

3 weeks later
#71 9 years ago

This is making me nuts. They quit working again a few weeks ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 81.95
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 72.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joekiss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-optos-not-working?tu=joekiss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.