(Topic ID: 102541)

Demolition Man on Steroids (All Welcome!)

By Glarrownage

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Jonny802
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

391904572_7188822457796600_8294135405655526319_n (resized).jpg
DMoS_Shot_Map_4.JPG
DMoS_Shot_Map_3.JPG
DMoS_Shot_Map_2.JPG
DMoS_Shot_Map_1.JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
20151208_194333.jpg
20151208_194326.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glarrownage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

DMoS owner #3 here. I just thought this may be a good place to talk to recent updates, strategies, hardware setups and help for others that want to turn their demo man into DMoS!

#2 9 years ago

So, how do you guys have your PC set up inside the cab? I'm just using a laptop with an external sound card right now but I would like to switch over to a better solution.

#4 9 years ago

Here are a few, I'll shoot one of my one sometime soon.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=746728958684956

#6 9 years ago

Not my video nor my machine. However, I believe in DMoS the cryoclaw now grabs the ball and you must hit the top trigger button to drop the ball in the right spot as it swings over. It makes it a little more difficult and speeds up the game.

1 week later
#7 9 years ago

Quick question for anyone who has the game. Have you been able to reset your high scores since the last update?

#10 9 years ago

Welcome Pinman! I'll try to find and post the change log. It significantly changes the scoring so it requires you do reset the high scores from what I recall.

#11 9 years ago

So here is the info for update 2:

It’s a big update, especially ‘under the hood’.
Lot’s of adaptions to the info on the DMD screens and a re-evalution of the scoring tables.
Scoring is more balanced now between modes and multiballs.

Extra ball on Eye-Ball-Frenzy is a bit more difficult. In easy mode you need to hit the target once before the mode starts and one time extra for every time you didn't collect the extra ball to restart the mode.

The progress after Wizard Mode had some bugs, these are fixed.
Awards in “Party Mode” are animated and much clearer.

A lot of updates on the DMD animations. New screens on Eye-Ball-Target, Car Lane and Car Chase mode. Also on ball locks freezes and multiball ready.
New flasher animations and a few soundbites.

You need to reset your highscore table in the coindoor menu. Use the coindoor buttons to go to “settings -> highscores -> all”. Set to ‘save settings on exit’ and go back to attract mode. Scoring tables should be reset now.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Watched that video...Looks really neat. I may be picking up a DM from a local guy. He said it includes 3 versions of the new software (not 100% sure what that means...He mentioned Demo Time as well as the OG software). What is this version I watched in the video, and how does one get it?

This version is called Demolition Man on Steroids by a Pinovating. They can be found d on Facebook. If you have any problem contacting them PM me and I'll see if I can help you out. It makes DM a whole new game, totally worth it!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Oh wait...Can you not buy like a software upgrade kit? I can't find anything on price...

Yeah you can. You would have to contact them about price, I honestly can not remember what I paid. It does require a PROC board and small PC or laptop to run the software with a color DMD.

4 months later
#22 9 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Got a DMOS #7 coming next week. Really can't find a lot of details on the game. Just wondering how's the new software, and what are people's feelings on the game and new rule set. How's it hold up in collection of a dozen or so pins? How many have the new lighting effects added- from hemi orange? How many DMOS are out there?
Thanks in advance for any feed back.

I have about 7 pins and I can tell you DMOS will never leave my house. All the custom callouts, video clips, custom music, all new rule-set makes it a keeper for me. I would love to see more of these re-writes of B/W machines.

Quoted from pinlawyer:

Did someone say ColorDMD????? What??

I wonder if it would be possible to colorize the animations since a lot of the clips are from the movie. If they could be run in color that would be amazing!

I'll try to find the latest patch notes and post them along with the full rule-set. I have them somewhere in a pdf I just need to find them.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Id like to check it out sometime if your up for it ? I have a nice dm maybe I could change over to the steroids one?

Yeah man you are more than welcome to try mine out!

Quoted from bigd1979:

You know the one flashef is stucknon in this video ? That software or driver issue?

I've never noticed that issue on mine. I think that was an issue with old code, that youtube video is pretty old. Does anyone else have that issue?

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How does one go about getting one of these made?

Quoted from pin15:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-refinery-is-looking-to-upgrade-a-demolition-man
Here is a thread with more details. Contact Steve at Pinball Refinery he can hook you up with one.

I built mine, I didn't realize that someone else would build these for you, very cool! If you decide to do it yourself you need a color dmd, proc board, DMOS software, a small pc or laptop, and of course a DM.

9 months later
#34 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I can't find it either.

Quoted from agodfrey:

Looks like the software is no longer available? Or am I missing the secret password?

Oh really? Did you guys reach out to Pinovating? Thats a bummer if thats true. DMOS is still a keeper in my book, I hope you guys can still get the software.

Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Blew out my right ramp tonight, anyone make the steel guide/protector for the left side of the ramp like I have on the right side? Dam ball gets suck in the hole now!

20151208_194326.jpg 20151208_194333.jpg

That sucks! Would it be possible to use one of the Cliffy ramp protectors from another machine like IM and modify it? If I had one I would measure if for you. I'm sure the screw holes won't line up but you may be able to attach it somehow.

1 week later
#37 8 years ago

Welcome to the club! Right now my work shop and game room are under construction so I have my DMOS shrink wrapped up but when I have my space back I'll play around with the settings and check on the coin drop. As far as version code, I'll look into that too. But, coming from Hemi, I would assume you have the latest and greatest. There were a few updates and if I recall correctly Dennis told me that if it says "The Demolition Man" when you start the game it is the latest update but don't quote me on that, I'll double check.

How are you liking it so far?

5 months later
#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

Just joined the club! Loving it so far, but still getting trying to figure out all the rules. The music and lighting really make it feel like a modern pin, hemi did a great job on the pbr versions!

Welcome! Yeah, the rules are surprisingly deep. I still need to go back through my e-mail when I was corresponding with the designer Dennis to see if I can find the rules. Your DM looks fantastic by the way!

3 weeks later
#43 7 years ago

Shot maps below!

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Whoa, I'd love to know more... I love this game. So glad to have it on board.

To be clear, I had nothing to do with the game. I just was able to write back and forth with him over e-mail a lot about it. I believe he talked to everyone when the game first came out to provide as much information as possible. Hopefully you guys are still able to reach out to Pinnovating through they facebook page (That's how I originally got ahold of them).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 85.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 37.50
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glarrownage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-on-steroids-all-welcome?tu=glarrownage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.