Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
000_1635.jpg
J212_JD.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
J901-_J112_swap.jpg
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Yea it was working fine then my son kept hitting the flippers like crazy when it went nuts. I am hoping something just shorted or blew but cant find it.

#52 8 years ago

I have a DM and had the same problem, drove me nuts thinking I had a optic, driver, wiring, solder, or board problem.
motor would only run in left direction, and go as far as to hit the back board, so I tried to isiolate the problem, and found that
even thu there is no direct conection to the back box lights, they were causing the problem,, don't know if it was the power draw, but changed to led bulbs and that fixed my problem.

I know this sounds nuts, but unplug your back box lights and then turn game on and see if this fix's problem.

#53 8 years ago

Which connector is that?

#54 8 years ago

I'm at work, I can post latter, but if you just trace the back box lights wires back to the driver circut board, or if you have the maunaul.

#55 8 years ago

I will check manual. I will let you know how it goes.

#56 8 years ago

back box lights are on J121, after looking at my game again I noticed that I also had replaced the connects on J121 and J118
which would make since, J118 is the motor 12 volt connection, and there next to each other.

#57 8 years ago

Damn, that didnt do anything different boo.

#58 8 years ago

Are you getting 12 v at the motor?

#59 8 years ago

Yes checking voltages all over and they are fine. I am going to check the cpu board and see if I notice anything.

#60 8 years ago

The claw not moving correctly is the only issue you have right now?

#61 8 years ago

Ok so I checked the fliptronic II board and noticed the BR I replaced was loose looking like one of the leads wasn't fully soldered right. I fixed that and now Fuse F112 blows when I turn on the machine. So basically now I am stuck because F112 keeps blowing.

#62 8 years ago

Put your meter on continuity and test each lead of the BR, perhaps a bit of solder when where it should not have gone... Was the BR the correct one for the machine?

#63 8 years ago

Yes. I am going to go through it again. A couple of the Solder Pads came off even with using a desoldering iron. I ordered new BRs from Bay area amusements.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from Bradp56:

A couple of the Solder Pads came off even with using a desoldering iron

Ding...Ding..Ding. Winner. There is your problem.

#65 8 years ago

Thats what I figured, so when the new BRs come in I am going to repair the pads and put the new ones in hopefully will fix the problem.

#66 8 years ago

Ok good news bad news. I removed the connector that associates with F112 and now the claw is working great. So here are my issues, Fuse F112 blows and I have no flippers. I am still going to replace the BRs first.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from Bradp56:

I removed the connector that associates with F112

What connector did you remove?

#68 8 years ago

I would be concerned that you have your top left ribbon cable starting at your MPU board is one row off.

#69 8 years ago

Thats an old picture, I have pulled it off and connected it correctly.

#70 8 years ago

I pulled J102

#71 8 years ago

If F112 still blows out after installing the new bridge rectifier, I think you need to recheck all connections make sure everything is plugged in correctly, especially the ribbon cables. A picture of both sides of the fliptronix board would help too.

Also, it would help having a picture of all the boards and how the wires are connected to all the boards so we can help look over any wrong connections.

#72 8 years ago

Pulling J102 and now your claw is working fine. Hnnn...sounds like something is connected wrong. If so, I would expect you will still be blowing out F112 after the bridge is changed out again. Though it would be good to test it before replacing it.

#73 8 years ago

Thats what I am going to do, Keep you all posted.

#74 8 years ago

I replaced the BR and still having the issue. Soon as I turn it on F112 blows.

#75 8 years ago

If I remove J102 and turn it on it does not blow.

#76 8 years ago

Can you take a picture of the fliptronix board front and back please?

Also a picture of all the boards so we can see all the connections?

#77 8 years ago

I just want to say for the record, that I have been having the same issues with my DM. I've swapped out ALL of the boards multiple times, since I have a stockpile of them and I got mine working to a point. At first, I couldn't get both the Claw and Elevator to work at the same time (either "Claw out of range," or "elevator broken"), although I could get them to work in Test Mode.
When I got both to work at the same time, during a game, the Claw would pick up the ball and NOT release it! Another issue I was having (possibly related?) was that when I got a high score, I could move the cursor through the initials, but I couldn't the game to select an initial.
I put all of this information on that other site.

3 months later
#78 8 years ago

I have recently moved and have no time to check this anymore but I really want to get it working. Does anyone have a couple cabs that the main board would work on and test it for me if I ship it to you. I would pay for shipping on both ends. Also I would pay if someone could try to fix it for me. If anyone is interested please DM me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-more-issues/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.