(Topic ID: 120748)

Demolition Man - milking single modes (claw enabled)

By akm

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I received a Demolition Man about a month ago and through learning it on stock settings I basically got in the rhythm of going for two things--Cryo Prison Multiball, and Demolition Time. Both were fun goals but admittedly can get old after a while since there isn't an overarching, main wizard mode. I will be making the game harder very soon (disabling the claw, for one), but before I do that I wanted to experiment a bit on stock settings.

The other day while streaming I decided to start screwing around with the modes in the game and just try to play the same ones over and over again. This was primarily to see how high the values of the modes built, and to my surprise these modes can actually become pretty lucrative. The points in the modes can snowball pretty quickly and become pretty fun to continually go for. It's not something you will do in a tournament situation, but it gives you something else to do if you have the claw enabled, and I found it to be pretty fun.

To clarify, what I mean here is activating the same mode every time you access the claw. For instance, on my first claw, I go all the way to the left and select "ACMAG". On my second claw, I go all the way over and select "ACMAG" again, this time with its values raised. Rinse and repeat.

Here are videos from my live stream of me attempting to milk each mode for all they are worth. Some were much more successful than others. For instance, the Capture Simon mode can become huge (with one mode netting me 600 million points in the video). ACMAG also seemed to be decent, with the final mode I played before draining being worth 24 to 31 million points a shot (start a multiball and pummel the center ramp, it can be worth a ton of points). Super Jets was tougher but snowballed very quickly, while the Car Chase was the hardest to do because of its riskier shots that don't allow the ball to feed to the top lanes to re-light the claw.

The modes/videos--

Capture Simon - 9.97 billion - I milked Capture Simon as much as I could (got to the 9th version of the mode, I believe), but in this game I saw I was getting close to the GC so I ended up playing out Cryo Prison multiball at the end which put me near rolling the game:

ACMAG - 5+ billion or so - I mostly do ACMAG in this one with less multiball, I believe:

Super Jets - 3.9 billion - Very little multiball here. Super Jets are tough to build, but they snowball quickly. The big key to these is the huge bonus you can rack up, because you are constantly sending the ball to the top lanes for bonus multipliers as well as the pop hits:

Car Chase - 2.5-ish billion - Again, this one is a lot harder to milk because you have to keep going for the ramps. With the other modes, shooting the ball up the center works well for the modes and so a lot of times you can have the claw already lit when you come out of the mode. The base value of Car Chase builds each new time you access the mode, but how worthwhile the mode will actually be is determined by whether you can double or triple it immediately after starting the mode, which is tough to do (you can see me attempt to double it many times in the video but fail):

1 week later
#2 9 years ago

Interesting approach. Also more proof that I don't play my DM very well. I'm going to try this next time I play, concentrating on the capture simon mode.

#3 9 years ago

Ive had my dm for 8 months now and never tried this approach . Mine plays a lot meaner and much faster than the one in video tho I guess bc I redid the whole thing and its in like new condition but im going to try this approach soon.put some leds in that puppy dm looks nice with leds

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from jkroeck25:

Interesting approach. Also more proof that I don't play my DM very well. I'm going to try this next time I play, concentrating on the capture simon mode.

Yeah, it's a way to mix things up if you have the claw enabled. I actually disabled the claw after doing this stream but I already miss the option to play the same modes over and over. It definitely gives a different dynamic to the game.

Quoted from bigd1979:

put some leds in that puppy dm looks nice with leds

I'd love to, but it's not my machine. This one is on loan to me.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Yeah, it's a way to mix things up if you have the claw enabled. I actually disabled the claw after doing this stream but I already miss the option to play the same modes over and over. It definitely gives a different dynamic to the game.

I'd love to, but it's not my machine. This one is on loan to me.

O yea I forgot that u were borrowing it

#6 9 years ago

I love my DM. Great game

I have tried this strategy on car chase before. Pays off big if you can nail the ramp from the upper left flipper as it triples the ramp values. 3rd or 4th time through can't remember but with it trippled it was 100 million per ramp or more

#7 9 years ago

Yeah, on Car Chase it's crucial to get the 2X or 3X. When I kept playing that mode I frequently missed so it wasn't as lucrative as the other modes. If you are great with those multiplier shots though it could be fun to play over and over.

#8 9 years ago

Yep love the flow on the ramps!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 81.95
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 72.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-milking-single-modes-claw-enabled and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.