(Topic ID: 215749)

Demolition man magnet error

By heypat

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cycloneman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from heypat:

J207 and J209. There were cables plugged into J206 and J208

all 4 of these are the same so it would not matter and it would not make a difference

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from heypat:

Now instead of the cryo claw and elevator cycling 8 times at power on it cycles continuously, even if you do not start a game

that would mean its trying to locate home and the opto is bad/faulty.the transmitter is most likely the one that is out(the opto with the bulb).put game in switch test and see if that opto is registering on the screen.

1 week later
#13 5 years ago
Quoted from heypat:

Parts arrived yesterday and replaced the opto, problem solved.
Everything is working but it seems like the claw pauses for a second after the ball drops into the elevator before it goes to get it.
Is this normal?
Thanks !

that is normal i do believe if my memory is correct...i would have loved to help you out,i just realized your in Mi.,i live in allen park

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from heypat:

Replaced a bad GI connector tonight with a new one. The old one was toasty and getting hot. Had the game on for about an hour and put several games on it with no issues and it went bad real quick. Game went dead, lost power to the DMD and GI; boards are powered up but the game is dead.
Have to start digging into it tomorrow.

did you check fuses?problem could also be one of the BR's

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from heypat:

Z connector if I have time.

this has to be replaced and the reset issue is from the BR's,once a game gets going and heats up the heatsink cant handle all that pressure thats what the BR's are for.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from heypat:

I already cleaned the upper opts, but may replace them to see if this corrects this issue.

ok,test those optos in the test menu and see if they register properly on the screen

Quoted from zacaj:

Had that on mine. Replacing all the optos (claw left, right, elevator index, elevator hold) fixed it :/

yeah replacing them all at the same time would be a good idea

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

All mine tested fine, but I figured if the code was bad, then even a 1ms blip where any of them cut out could put the claw in an 'invalid' state and it might not have any code to recover from that, so I just replaced them all with new ones and it did the trick somehow

replacing old optos with news is never a bad idea because at some point in time they will need replacing,worked on a JD once and man you talk about a lot of optos.I think DM and JD have the most optos so changing majority of the optos while you have most of the game taken apart is always good

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think Who Dunnit has DM beat. I think it had a 16-opto board in it...

yeah i think your right it does

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 81.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cycloneman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-magnet-error?tu=Cycloneman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.