• Latest reply 10 years ago by Defiler
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

:?I've had a nice example of Demo Man for several months and really enjoy it. Am I just an idiot?

#2 10 years ago

It's a fun game,but once you get a game that really makes you go WOW like I did with AC/DC LE,games like demo man are just filler games.

#3 10 years ago

Demo has great shots and ramps and is a faster game, more than ACDC if you ask me.

#4 10 years ago

Demo Man, the more i play it the more i like it

#5 10 years ago

Love my DM, the car crash is the only shot that slows the ball.

#6 10 years ago

Demo man is a great Flow game., alot like Ac/Dc , .that makes you go WOW, games like Woz are just filler games.

#7 10 years ago

I have always found it to be a fast machine with great flow. The one we have setup gets a good deal of play from everyone.

Brad

#8 10 years ago

Love DM. Probably my most played pin and have the most fun playing it which says a lot considering I never even considered owning one and thought I wouldn't like it. Bought one and it took me by surprise by how good it is.

Never really knew what flow was 'til DM showed me the definiton

#9 10 years ago

Lots of flow & lots of fun for sure, only got a few games on it but its definitely on my short list when my budget allows.

#10 10 years ago

Great flow, a **fast** wide body.
Ugly backglass. Anyone designed an alternative BG?

#11 10 years ago

I have a route use only DM that has been shopped back to life! and plays great!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Demo man is a great Flow game., alot like Ac/Dc , .that makes you go WOW, games like Woz are just filler games.

Filler games are under $1K.

#13 10 years ago

Great game, lots of flow lots of fun

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Filler games are under $1K.

When I see comments like that the value of that opinion changes. I then check that users ratings and they are usually pretty biased. Make you own decisions. here is his ratings.

http://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/limelime20/ratings

#15 10 years ago

A mate of mine has never forgiven me for selling mine. I do miss my DM though. Was alot of fun.

#16 10 years ago

crap film, great game. Butt ugly back glass. Got to love all those ramps. Achievable Wizard mode and secret cows

#17 10 years ago

Like. Never saw the movie. Don't mind the back glass.

#18 10 years ago

Please see the movie

About the topic, dont know, still fixing mine...

#19 10 years ago

I like the game....and the movie. What's not to like about a future set movie where Taco Bell is the winner of the fast food wars

#20 10 years ago

Great game, had one here 'storing' it for a while

#21 10 years ago

I've always liked it - but man it would have made an awesome standard-width game. Seems like a lot of wasted space especially towards the left.

#22 10 years ago

Demolition man is a great pin at a great price. I'm surprised it doesn't get more love. It is one of the most played games I have when company comes over, everybody loves the shooter handles. When I bought mine the original translite was trashed so I cut down a movie poster.image.jpgimage.jpg

#23 10 years ago

I wish I knew what great flow meant but I keep hitting those damned posts. However I really like this table and have a lot of fun with it. One thing I don't allow myself to do is pick the same Cryo Claw award twice in a row so I can get to Demolition Time. I don't mind the back glass except I wish they would have used the original concept.

#24 10 years ago

It's a good solid game. Fun shots, and can get pretty flowy when you're playing well. But it is limited. It is a "basher". No deep quests, just fun pinball. Mine has hung around in my house a lot longer than I thought it would.

#25 10 years ago

I have wanted mine back ever since I sold it 2-3 years ago.

#26 10 years ago

I never got the love for this game. I think it matches the movie which is awful. The only thing worse than playing it is looking at it. It might win the ugliest pin contest hands down. I cant understand the fascination with the handles either. To each his own.

#27 10 years ago

I find it interesting that DM creates comments that span the entire spectrum of good and bad.

I for one, would like to add it to my collection one day, but not an urgent want, and for the right price and condition too. The draw for me is the unique gun handles and widebody. The play factor is above average. The theme and backglass is below average, which is what keeps this game from getting better reviews.

#28 10 years ago

I love my DM, I put a lot of work into mine and plan on keeping it longer than most.

I normally blow through machines quickly but I am really enjoying this game.

#29 10 years ago

I dig it. Lots of shots and tons of wire forms, and the upper flipper is in a pretty unique location compared to most other games except maybe Sorcerer. The Hot Wheels cars used as "captive balls" are pretty neat too. The grip handles are also a pretty neat feature not found on anything else.

The playfield art is nice IMO, and reminds me a lot of AFM, which is about my favorite game ever. The cabinet and translite artwork could be improved, quite a bit.

#30 10 years ago

I would give it extra credit for the fact that when company comes over, its the easiest game to explain if you don't want to go over a complete rule set and melt their brain. Explain the combo system and let them bang away at it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 37.50
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 81.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 85.00
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-like-it-or-not and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.