(Topic ID: 14820)

Demolition Man in LED's & Shop'd @ B_R 's !!!

By BLACK_ROSE

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

003.JPG
002.JPG
Demo_Man_Shop_Completed_013.JPG
Demo_Man_Shop_Completed_012.JPG
Demo_Man_Shop_Completed_009.JPG
Demo_Man_Shop_Completed_001.JPG
Ohhh.gif
Demo_Man_Shop_040.JPG
Demo_Man_Shop_043.JPG
Demo_Man_Shop_040.JPG
Demo_Man_Shop_038.JPG
Demo_Man_Shop_037.JPG
Demo_Man_Shop_031.JPG
Demo_Man_Shop_024.JPG
Demo_Man_Shop_036.JPG
Demo_Man_Shop_020.JPG
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

Been mess-n w/ DM gett-n it up to Standard's,, Got a long way's to go .. Here's a Video i shot 2-nite.

I Don't see Any wear on the P/f anywhere.. The P/F is 100 % ..

Now 2-morrow I will Start Tear-n down the p/f to clean it up , Fix the Pop-bumper light's that Don't work, broken lead's on the 555 connector etc.. DM in Led's lOOk's Good to me..

Here's 2 video's , My Last DM w/ No Led's and this 1.. Led's Rule !!!!!!!!!

#2 12 years ago

Lookin good! Definitely like the blue LEDs ya put in there

#3 12 years ago

Looks great! Still want to own a DM at some point. Love the flow, love the sounds. A pretty darn good Dennis Nordman pin, great bang for the buck.

#4 12 years ago

You're making me wanna give LEDs for GI another chance. I didn't like them in Radical or BR, so never tried with DM. Maybe I was using the wrong type or color in my previous attempts.

What you've done there looks pretty good!

#5 12 years ago

Yep. Coin taker frosted 44's for the GI is a win for demo man. It's very hard to capture it well in photos.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yep. Coin taker frosted 44's for the GI is a win for demo man. It's very hard to capture it well in photos.

I agree 100% ,,, unless you have a 1080P HD/60 camera like Gizmomic...

#7 12 years ago

I bought a bunch of LED's from Cointaker at the Texas show to do my Demo Man with. This was my first LED project and man what a difference it made. It looks so much brighter and colorful and it just pops now. I am on the LED train all the way now! I don't have any pics yet because I'm not quite finished (had to order a few more bulbs).
By the way BR I found a DW and supposed to pick it up Saturday. It will be getting the LED treatment as well

#8 12 years ago

Just got my DM on Saturday, and would definitely like to give it the ol' LED treatment. Looks great, B_R!

#9 12 years ago

BR can u send me a list of what leds u used on DM? Thinking of doing this to my DM as well.

Thx, Ryan

#10 12 years ago

wowzers, bightness man, I enjoy that LEDs make pins playable in the dark.

#11 12 years ago

It really looks great B_R!

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

BR can u send me a list of what leds u used on DM? Thinking of doing this to my DM as well.
Thx, Ryan

Sure I Will ,, That's Alot to type .. call me.

Coming Soon . Led Advice and Tip's Live w/ B_R .. 1-900-BLACKROSE

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

1st minute free...then 5.95 a minute for each additional. ( If in the middle of BSD...$11.95 a minute standard rate)

#14 12 years ago

Has Anyone installed the Profanity rom's in DM ? At http://www.actionpinball.com/roms.htm
it say's to do the Profanity rom change , I Will have to

Quote : The profanity sound ROMs consist of 8 chips (U2 through U9) on the sound board.

The profanity ROMs must be used with one of the home version game ROMs (CPU board) in order for the profanity feature to work. Available home ROM versions are H-5 and H-6. : Quote

What have Ya'll used ? I'm running the L-1 sound rom 's & L4 Game rom..

http://www.actionpinball.com/cgi-bin/romorder.cgi?name=DemoMan

#15 12 years ago

I just ordered myself some IC chips so I can burn those ROMs and try them in my DM. As soon as I get them and complete the install I'll let you know

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

rwalters21 said:BR can u send me a list of what leds u used on DM? Thinking of doing this to my DM as well.
Thx, Ryan

Sure I Will ,, That's Alot to type .. call me after 6pm ,,, 336 682 Seven Six Six Four

Haha....B_R loves to chat about pinball. But he is the king of LED's! I'm sure I'll be calling him when I start putting this BOP CT kit I ordered the other day....first timer here

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from Xanathar:

I just ordered myself some IC chips so I can burn those ROMs and try them in my DM. As soon as I get them and complete the install I'll let you know

Thanxx Alot Xanathar ... Let me Know !!

Pinballerchef ,, You have my cell ,, make the call anytyme !!

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Just got my DM on Saturday, and would definitely like to give it the ol' LED treatment. Looks great, B_R!

You should use coin taker super brights for all your inserts. Use flex super brights for your inserts where the bulb is sideways. Demo man has several of these. Color match the led color to the insert color. Except use white led on yellow. The yellows aren't bright enough.

For the arm and under the back ramp use frosted red bulbs. For GI use frosted 44s. Blue, red, and white. I prefer cool white to warm white in every case.

For the backglass use frosted white 555's.

#19 12 years ago

Sound's good to me , but I like Super Whites & Blues behind the Tran's...

026.JPG026.JPG 029.JPG029.JPG

#20 12 years ago

major difference, look good.

never played DM, what your opinion about the flipper handles(whatever you call it), do you think the game will play better if was regular cabinet button?

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I prefer cool white to warm white in every case.

Even under yellow inserts?

Warm white looks *way* better under yellow inserts imo.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Has Anyone installed the Profanity rom's in DM ?

I got them a few months back from John Wart and it comes with the game rom H-6 and U-2 - U-9 sound chips. It just makes the game more entertaining.

If you buy them I would suggest getting them at That Pinball Place, way cheaper at $65.00.
http://www.pinballroms.com/eproms/wpc.html

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#24 12 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

what your opinion about the flipper handles(whatever you call it), do you think the game will play better if was regular cabinet button?

It does have regular buttons on the cabinet like any other game, so you have the option. I don't care for the handles myself, but others that play the game seem to enjoy them. There are some bonuses to be had by using the thumb buttons on the handles though.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

beatmaster said:what your opinion about the flipper handles(whatever you call it), do you think the game will play better if was regular cabinet button?
It does have regular buttons on the cabinet like any other game, so you have the option. I don't care for the handles myself, but others that play the game seem to enjoy them. There are some bonuses to be had by using the thumb buttons on the handles though.

thank, didn't realised there was regular buttons... that will teach me to look at the pictures more carefuly

#26 12 years ago

Looks great, BR. I would love to own a DM with LED's.

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Looks great, BR. I would love to own a DM with LED's.

be careful what you wish for lol he might sell you one...

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Is some F'ing the Only diff ?

Pretty much, I didn't notice a difference in the lighting effects. There is an added DMD animation or two during the modes. The one that comes to mind is when Sly says Sh**, it animates the little ticket machine like in the movie. Mostly just swear words and funny quotes from the movie, like Sandra saying "You really licked his ass" instead of "kicked"

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

kwiKimart said:Looks great, BR. I would love to own a DM with LED's.
be careful what you wish for lol he might sell you one...

That's rite ,,, After it's Shop'd by me and S.tastic , I might sell it and get that Sopranos ..

BLACK_ROSE said:Is some F'ing the Only diff ?
Pretty much, I didn't notice a difference in the lighting effects. There is an added DMD animation or two during the modes. The one that comes to mind is when Sly says Sh**, it animates the little ticket machine like in the movie. Mostly just swear words and funny quotes from the movie, like Sandra saying "You really licked his ass" instead of "kicked"

Sound's like it might be Entertaining !! I might just do it... Thanxx bro..

And the Trigger handles , I use them the Most .. DM is the Only Pin w/ this option.. I Like it Alot !!

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

jk2171 said:Just got my DM on Saturday, and would definitely like to give it the ol' LED treatment. Looks great, B_R!
You should use coin taker super brights for all your inserts. Use flex super brights for your inserts where the bulb is sideways. Demo man has several of these. Color match the led color to the insert color. Except use white led on yellow. The yellows aren't bright enough.
For the arm and under the back ramp use frosted red bulbs. For GI use frosted 44s. Blue, red, and white. I prefer cool white to warm white in every case.

Thanks, Markmon. I'll definitely follow your advice when I do this. Going to order the LEDs on Friday.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Question on these. Cointaker has the Super Brights and then the MINI's. Is there really that great a difference between them, as I know they are double the price.

Thanks

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from Xanathar:

Is there really that great a difference between them

Yes, the Super's are crazy bright; the minis have a more tolerable light level in darker rooms, but don't pop as much as the supers

#33 12 years ago

Well here's Nite # 1 of the Demo shop .. It's Almost the Midnight Hr , S.tastic has Left and I have to wake up Early too.. This p/F was beyond Filthy !!! Here's a few Pict's ,,,,,,,,,,,
P.S ---- You can click on each Pict- to Zoom up on an Area... Pinside Update ..

Demo_Man_Shop_009.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_009.JPG Demo_Man_Shop_013.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_013.JPG Demo_Man_Shop_010.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_010.JPG Demo_Man_Shop_011.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_011.JPG Demo_Man_Shop_015.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_015.JPG Demo_Man_Shop_014.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_014.JPG

#34 12 years ago

A Few more ,, As a Note ( This DM , Has NEVER been Shop'd ) I don't Care what I was Told ..
Even noticed that the 2 lower flipper coil's , 1 is a 11629 and the other is a 15411 , New Coil's will be installed !! We tore the Top-side down in an Hr & 1/2 , I was Novus 'n and using Mother's on Everything, Even Flame polished All the Ramp's... Shanetastic was do-n his part. We did get the Pop-bumper light's work-n , the Lead's were broken under the 555 hook up.. It's Gonna lOOK Killer 2-morrow nite.. " Just lOOK @ those Ramp's !! They All Look that way Now..

Demo_Man_Shop_018.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_018.JPG Demo_Man_Shop_020.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_020.JPG Demo_Man_Shop_036.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_036.JPG Demo_Man_Shop_024.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_024.JPG

#35 12 years ago

Few More ....... Also can anyone tell me Where this 1 Plastic Goes !!

Demo_Man_Shop_031.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_031.JPG Demo_Man_Shop_037.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_037.JPG Demo_Man_Shop_038.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_038.JPG Demo_Man_Shop_040.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_040.JPG Demo_Man_Shop_043.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_043.JPG

#36 12 years ago

Also can anyone tell me Where this 1 Plastic Goes !!

BR, if I'm not badly mistaken, if you look in the picture right above the one of the plastic, it goes on top of that post right behind the scoop. Mine is not currently on there because after I shopped mine I could not find where it went. After I realized where it went I said forget it, I'll do it next shop out because it's under the ramp and you can't really even see it anyway.

Demo_Man_Shop_040.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_040.JPG

#37 12 years ago

Action76 is correct for the placement of that plastic.

Demo Man looks amazing with LEDs. It's the first machine that I did that way, and it looks better than regular bulbs.

As for the swear roms, if you need to upgrade your regular game code, it's worth it. Mine had some sort of really early code on it that had like half the game missing, it was incredibly bad. Got the profanity roms and the gameplay doesn't suck. But, beyond that, they are sort of funny the first few times and then that's basically where it ends for me. If you find naughty words really funny, then they're by far the best out there, but otherwise it doesn't add enough to the game that I'd suggest doing it for the price they cost.

The flipper handles are neat I think. They help a lot in nudging, and people who would never nudge other games nudge a bunch on DM. I think they attract players too, as DM earns all right on route, and for a game with a crap theme and basically no "instant see" toys that is almost 20 years old and no one remembers, I think that gimmick is what makes people drop their quarters in it still today.

I have a love / hate relationship with the game. The scoring on it is totally screwed up so the only thing that makes sense with the claw if playing for points is Lock Freeze, Lock Freeze, Lock Freeze, Lock Freeze, etc... but, it's oddly the one game that I have no issue not playing for points, and instead playing for as many combos as possible, or just because it "feels" good, or whatever. Mine won't be going anywhere anytime soon, although I'll be the first to tell you that it is horribly flawed as a title. It's just darn fun to shoot.

#38 12 years ago

I'm NOT gonna add the Swear roms , and I am running the Latest Game rom .. MOP , DM doesn't get the Respect that it Should've !! This is my 3rd DM and I wouldn't have got it again if i didn't like it.. I Dig the handles and the Claw is a Nice Touch " No Matter what other's think " I'll up Load the Final Pict's 2-nite of the p/f.....

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from action76:

Also can anyone tell me Where this 1 Plastic Goes !!

BR, if I'm not badly mistaken, if you look in the picture right above the one of the plastic, it goes on top of that post right behind the scoop. Mine is not currently on there because after I shopped mine I could not find where it went. After I realized where it went I said forget it, I'll do it next shop out because it's under the ramp and you can't really even see it anyway.

Attachments Demo_Man_Shop_040.JPG (129.3 KB, 0 downloads) 8 hours old

Action76 ,, You Are correct !! We couldn't figure out Where it went last-nite , Even Pulled up DM in the Gallery on Pinside , No Help.. I might up-Load a Few Pict-s there , No Dur-n Shop pict's there @ All.. Thanxx 4-yr help

#40 12 years ago

I have the Home-6 profanity ROMs. They're great!

Not a lot of fun to shop this one, huh? It was my first shop job!

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I have the Home-6 profanity ROMs. They're great!
Not a lot of fun to shop this one, huh? It was my first shop job!

Rascal ,, Actually after you get All the Habitrail's off , It really isn't that bad.. I was also Very Surprised how Great the Clear Ramp's cleaned up .The Blue Led's should really Shine thro now !! I also want to make sure The Pop-Bumper's are very Active .

#42 12 years ago

I might add some more blue to mine. My favorite thing I've done so far are blue supers under the ramps and blue flashers at the bottom left and right of playfield.

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I might add some more blue to mine. My favorite thing I've done so far are blue supers under the ramps and blue flashers at the bottom left and right of playfield.

In the Shop Pict's , You can see the Ultra Bright Flasher's popping their head's out, Cool White's , Red's and Blue's . Bling Bling baby !!!!!

#44 12 years ago

The Shop job is Complete ,,,, Very Clean , Like it suppose to be !! I want to Thank Shanetastic for the help . Tear-n apart DM was a Job, but it wasn't that bad.. I rather Enjoyed it.. We Put some Good H.Scores on it and had a few beer's...

Demo_Man_Shop_Completed_001.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_Completed_001.JPG Demo_Man_Shop_Completed_009.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_Completed_009.JPG Demo_Man_Shop_Completed_012.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_Completed_012.JPG Demo_Man_Shop_Completed_013.JPGDemo_Man_Shop_Completed_013.JPG 002.JPG002.JPG 003.JPG003.JPG

#45 12 years ago

Not sure if it would work with yours because of the rest of the blue on the playfield (mine is "cool white" LEDs), but I think that the Cyro Claw looks infinitely better with blue lights instead of red ones. Matches the "cyro" theme better, I think.

Just a thought... looks good!

#46 12 years ago

high scores with or without the glass?

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

high scores with or without the glass?

Uhhh !! What do you think bro ? I did Beat the Demo Champ HS ,, Got 650 mil- That was tough

4 weeks later
#48 11 years ago

currently at work but can anybody tell me how many flashers are in the backbox of a demo man and how many #44's their are? Thanks! Im in the process of ordering leds from cointaker at work.

#49 11 years ago

No 44's, they're all 555's, 37 of them, and 9 flashers (906)

#50 11 years ago

No 44's, they're all 555's, 37 of them, and 9 flashers (906)

cool thank you For all you demo man owners what did you do for color for the flashers in the back box? Just super whites?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 81.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-in-leds-b_r-s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.