(Topic ID: 245091)

Demolition Man *hand drawn* alternative translite - Completed!

By hassanchop

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 226 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by qbass187
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

582705F6-2B7F-48D1-9C53-971B16DF7BAB (resized).jpeg
20191005_181619 (resized).jpg
20190926_214555 (resized).jpg
20190926_214004 (resized).jpg
20190926_213947 (resized).jpg
20190926_213940 (resized).jpg
20190926_133001 (resized).jpg
IMG_3989 (resized).JPG
IMG_3996 (resized).JPG
IMG_3979 (resized).JPG
IMG_3981 (resized).JPG
IMG_3982 (resized).JPG
dm 2 (resized).jpg
dm 1 (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-09 at 10.48.47 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2935 (resized).JPG
There are 226 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Fed! Cmon now you can’t make this one better than Walking Dead! Seriously this looks amazing. DM owners have got to be stoked to get one of these.
Value of used DM just went up $1000US with this.

Hahaahhahaha and I haven’t started the lightnings in the back or the iced areas :p
Will pick this up in a few days because this week is beach and surfing time

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Hahaahhahaha and I haven’t started the lightnings in the back or the iced areas :p
Will pick this up in a few days because this week is beach and surfing time

Let’s hope some final tweeks to Sandra will still happen in final art.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Let’s hope some final tweeks to Sandra will still happen in final art.

Look closer to the last pic, because they are there

#104 4 years ago

Reaching the final stages of the art piece but I can't decide which way to go. The original idea for this was to have the main characters frozen on the lower part. But then I thought, would it look cooler if more ice came out from the bottom? I made the 2 versions and can't decide right now because I am very tired.. it has been a long day lol

Asked for a few opinions here and it is 50-50 right now.
I think I prefer the no ice version. It's darker with higher contrasts. I like dark stuff and the machine happens to be very dark so this version integrates better with it.

dm 1 (resized).jpgdm 1 (resized).jpg

dm 2 (resized).jpgdm 2 (resized).jpg

demolition man alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

demolition man alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpg

#105 4 years ago

No ice.

#106 4 years ago

No ice for sure.

#108 4 years ago

Agree. No ice

#109 4 years ago

Yup, no ice

Otherwise looking really awesome!!

#110 4 years ago

Would take either but personally like no ice more

#111 4 years ago

That came out great! Count me in for one when your ready to go!

#113 4 years ago
no-ice (resized).jpgno-ice (resized).jpg
#114 4 years ago

That was clear... 9-0 votes (counting mine) lol
This ice chunk idea was my wife's. Before you guys start to mock me lol, let me say that she is a graphic designer so I must always consider her opinion. Not for being my wife, but for being a good graphic designer

#115 4 years ago

Ok this phase is done. Will send the art to the producer and wait for the print test.
What will be done with this print test: Check saturations, check colors, check the red stroke position and thickness to match the speaker panel's, check errors, check light issues (sometimes the bulb positions on the back box screw up parts of the art), check overall power of the piece, check the gradients, check if some important details are too small and can't be seen on the print, and whatever I can think of

dm 1 (resized).jpgdm 1 (resized).jpg

demolition man alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

demolition man alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpg

Checking if this art piece could have been the stock translite.........
(color corrected for this picture)

demolition man alternate translite 3 copy (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite 3 copy (resized).jpg

....yep... feels like a Williams from the 90s

#116 4 years ago

Now that is awesome. Very well done

Ever thought about releasing this art for use in a virtual pin (B2S)? Would be amazing IMO

#117 4 years ago

Have you ever thought about doing a whole new set of cabinet decals with your original art on them?

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from bighurb:

Have you ever thought about doing a whole new set of cabinet decals with your original art on them?

Yes I did.
But that is something that I don't have time right now. Maybe in the near future

#119 4 years ago

While we wait for the print test, I was wondering what translite project to go next and would love to know if you guys have some preference for any machine. Or think that there is some machine out there that desperately needs an alternate (hand drawn) translite like dm.

(I'm too lazy today to start a topic on this)

#120 4 years ago

double post

#121 4 years ago

Any idea of prices on this?

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Any idea of prices on this?

The shop that is doing this is currently setting up a pre order option while we wait for the tests. We should have a quote today or something.

I say the prints are ready next week. I receive them the week after. Then I do the adjustments if needed and wit will be available straight after.

So, preorders will be available today and the final release somewhere on the second week of September.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

While we wait for the print test, I was wondering what translite project to go next and would love to know if you guys have some preference for any machine. Or think that there is some machine out there that desperately needs an alternate (hand drawn) translite like dm.
(I'm too lazy today to start a topic on this)

Last action hero

#124 4 years ago

Here it is. Pre order available. They decided to make a run and with that the price is a little lower because all the orders are round up until the 16th. That is nice
Link: https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/demolition-man-hand-drawn-alternate-pinball-translite/

#125 4 years ago

In on the preorder! Can’t wait to see it in person. Thanks!

#126 4 years ago

Printed a test just to test the flashers. NOT the colours. It's printed with Stern's type quality translite, not Williams's! This is NOT the final result or the final quality.
This machine has a problem on the backbox's gi. Almost no light comes through. And 2 flashers are missing. Will fix that on the final test next week.

So, don't mind the colours or general illumination, just the flasher positions. (the ones that are working hahah)

Video:
(4k will come as soon as youtube finishes the processing)

Some print screens:
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

10 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg

11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg

7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg

8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg

9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg

#127 4 years ago

just did the preorder! My DM translite is roasted so I am pumped!!

#128 4 years ago

Pre order in, looks way better then the orginal. Nice job!

#129 4 years ago

The guys told me that I am getting two tests. One more glossy and another more matte. Got to fix the lights on my machine so I can show it properly when I have them
Can’t wait to get it!

#130 4 years ago

I dont have a DM game
I really dont care for the game
But, I just bought one of these because I am a huge fan of really cheesy movies, and DM is one of the cheesiest.
I will be proudly showcasing this in one of my wall displays in my shop when it arrives...

tom (resized).jpgtom (resized).jpg
#131 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Last action hero

2nd LAH!!! Will buy for sure,my original isnt great and ya arnies bighead is dumb

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I dont have a DM game
I really dont care for the game
But, I just bought one of these because I am a huge fan of really cheesy movies, and DM is one of the cheesiest.
I will be proudly showcasing this in one of my wall displays in my shop when it arrives...[quoted image]

❤️

#133 4 years ago

LAH would be cool. Also JM has a lot of potential.

But PLEASE do a T2. They made a ton of those machines. A lot of the translites are aging, without any repros available. And I personally don't care for any of the photoshop alternates out there. This game NEEDS a backglass in this style with a badass Linda Hamilton and a T1000 on it.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

LAH would be cool. Also JM has a lot of potential.
But PLEASE do a T2. They made a ton of those machines. A lot of the translites are aging, without any repros available. And I personally don't care for any of the photoshop alternates out there. This game NEEDS a backglass in this style with a badass Linda Hamilton and a T1000 on it.

Ya t2 is a excellent choice,on my short list,about got one when i got lah

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Tbpilot78:

Ya t2 is a excellent choice,on my short list,about got one when i got lah

If you do T2, guaranteed I’ll buy another one.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

If you do T2, guaranteed I’ll buy another one.

Yeah, I dont have T2 game either but I would be a buyer for that one as well...

#137 4 years ago

Ordered, thank you for your great work!!

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Last action hero

Quoted from Tbpilot78:

2nd LAH!!! Will buy for sure,my original isnt great and ya arnies bighead is dumb

I am very afraid of this one because the movie poster is an amazing art piece IMO. I always try to stay away from competing with projects that I know it's extremely hard to do better. This sounds stupid I know but I am realistic.
Anyway, you never know but for now it's not on the to do list.

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

But PLEASE do a T2.

Quoted from Tbpilot78:

Ya t2 is a excellent choice

Quoted from cosmokramer:

I dont have T2 game either but I would be a buyer for that one as well

Don't you guys think that the original translite for this machine is amazing?
I always thought that doing an alternate translite for a machine that has an amazing translite would be a waste of time? I never thought that it would be any interest but your comments are starting to make me think again..

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Don't you guys think that the original translite for this machine is amazing?
I always thought that doing an alternate translite for a machine that has an amazing translite would be a waste of time? I never thought that it would be any interest but your comments are starting to make me think again..

LAH does have a very nice alt available but T2 needs linda and more from the movie themed in,i think you could do it justice

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

I am very afraid of this one because the movie poster is an amazing art piece IMO. I always try to stay away from competing with projects that I know it's extremely hard to do better. This sounds stupid I know but I am realistic.
Anyway, you never know but for now it's not on the to do list.

You have a decent point. The movie poster alt translite seems to pretty popular and would probably still be the preferred option for a lot of people.

T2 on the other hand is a machine where it seems like a lot of people are trying to get ahold of replacement translites with the original artwork and they just aren't available. When they are they quickly sell for over $250.

The other thing with T2 (the entire machine in general) is that the studio was trying to keep the T1000 a secret and therefore arguably the coolest part of the movie is almost completely missing from the machine.
So yes it is a different situation than DM (where the original art was hated by many people), but I think there is just as much, if not more of a need for an alternate T2 translite.

#142 4 years ago

I see your points and I it’s starting to grow on me.

The studio was not trying to hide the t1000 or make it a surprise. They were trying to hide the fact that arnold’s terminator was now a good guy instead of the villain he was on the first movie. That is why arnold looks like a bad guy on the translite. Same thing with the movie poster, it’s just arnol with a bad ass face on the bike.

Anyway, a t2 translite with linda hamilton and the t1000 is gonna look amazing for sure. I was leaning for sttng but now t2 is a possibility heheheh

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

I see your points and I it’s starting to grow on me.
The studio was not trying to hide the t1000 or make it a surprise. They were trying to hide the fact that arnold’s terminator was now a good guy instead of the villain he was on the first movie. That is why arnold looks like a bad guy on the translite. Same thing with the movie poster, it’s just arnol with a bad ass face on the bike.
Anyway, a t2 translite with linda hamilton and the t1000 is gonna look amazing for sure. I was leaning for sttng but now t2 is a possibility heheheh

Nice and ya STTNG needs a new one as well

#144 4 years ago

I said it before and I'll say it again.....TFTC!

Your artwork is amazing and I could only image how awesome a TFTC translite would be if you made one.

Regardless, whichever one you chose to do will look amazing! Keep it up

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I said it before and I'll say it again.....TFTC!

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

That was clear... 9-0 votes (counting mine) lol
This ice chunk idea was my wife's. Before you guys start to mock me lol, let me say that she is a graphic designer so I must always consider her opinion. Not for being my wife, but for being a good graphic designer

FWIW, I agree with your wife, but I have no horse in this race (GAWD D----IT!!!! I'd love to own a Demo Man but it's always eluded me!) and my comment shouldn't be construed as an opinion on which version you go with.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from Tbpilot78:

Nice and ya STTNG needs a new one as well

The only thing the STTNG translite will ever need to be PERFECT is stick on googley eyes.

(thanks to blog.patshead.com for taking this picture of my STTNG back at TPF 2015 and preserving it for me, since I sold the game at the show.... )

tpf8 (resized).jpgtpf8 (resized).jpg
#148 4 years ago

Lol

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The only thing the STTNG translite will ever need to be PERFECT is stick on googley eyes.
(thanks to blog.patshead.com for taking this picture of my STTNG back at TPF 2015 and preserving it for me, since I sold the game at the show.... )[quoted image]

Lmao,ya i seen that somewhere else on here and thought it was quite a upgrade

#150 4 years ago

Not to be a Debbie Downer but I just finished a t2 custom hand drawn translight, test print is en route. Can you wait till I post up pix , and then if you think it sucks makes yours?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 81.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 226 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-hand-drawn-alternative-translite-wip/page/3?hl=langless28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.