(Topic ID: 245091)

Demolition Man *hand drawn* alternative translite - Completed!

By hassanchop

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 226 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by qbass187
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

582705F6-2B7F-48D1-9C53-971B16DF7BAB (resized).jpeg
20191005_181619 (resized).jpg
20190926_214555 (resized).jpg
20190926_214004 (resized).jpg
20190926_213947 (resized).jpg
20190926_213940 (resized).jpg
20190926_133001 (resized).jpg
IMG_3989 (resized).JPG
IMG_3996 (resized).JPG
IMG_3979 (resized).JPG
IMG_3981 (resized).JPG
IMG_3982 (resized).JPG
dm 2 (resized).jpg
dm 1 (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-09 at 10.48.47 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2935 (resized).JPG
There are 226 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 4 years ago

*** Translite is completed and currently on printing test phase. Check the end of the topic for info. ***

Starting a new project of an alternative Demolition Man translite all hand drawn W/B style.
I just love this game. I love the flow, the rules, the shots, everything. But the translite art always bothered me because it's just 3 big heads. Gonna do one with more explosions, action, weapons, fight and gonna try to make it as powerful as I can.
In the end it needs to have that blue feel and lightenings on the background to match the rest of the machine.

Right now I have the logo and a guide for the main flashers.

Will keep this updated as best I can. I hope this project doesn't take as long as my last (3 years lol).

demo man alternate translite (resized).jpgdemo man alternate translite (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

I added blue lights up where the silver frame is along the back corresponding with the MTL rollovers. Way too hard to see them otherwise. Made a huge difference.

#3 4 years ago

Finishing up a top side refresh and would be very interested in a new translite. Will monitor for progress, please don't take 3 years

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I added blue lights up where the silver frame is along the back corresponding with the MTL rollovers. Way too hard to see them otherwise. Made a huge difference.

Meaning you added three new lights wired to the inserts? Can you post a pic of where you mounted them? The MTL rollovers are probably my only issue with this game and a good fix for them would be great.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Meaning you added three new lights wired to the inserts? Can you post a pic of where you mounted them? The MTL rollovers are probably my only issue with this game and a good fix for them would be great.

Yep. This pic had white lights but I switched to blue and it is much better.

067b108e2d8a5c40250e4a6c51c9c3a2c452deae (resized).jpg067b108e2d8a5c40250e4a6c51c9c3a2c452deae (resized).jpge1ada396625b56dc5c8f69f1195c691eda705121 (resized).jpge1ada396625b56dc5c8f69f1195c691eda705121 (resized).jpg202e2bf7a1cca76b68b881ffa33ef0adc370a293 (1) (resized).jpg202e2bf7a1cca76b68b881ffa33ef0adc370a293 (1) (resized).jpg699b41ffbc1e01280ec429f038fe60a7e545db34 (resized).jpg699b41ffbc1e01280ec429f038fe60a7e545db34 (resized).jpg
#6 4 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Here they are blue. 2 are lit.

20190612_180254 (resized).jpg20190612_180254 (resized).jpg20190612_180255 (resized).jpg20190612_180255 (resized).jpg
#7 4 years ago

I am sure this will be just as awesome as the TWD!

#8 4 years ago

Here's the TWD. It looks great next to my Black Knight.

20190613_161355 (resized).jpg20190613_161355 (resized).jpg
#9 4 years ago

Following. TWD one you made is sick!

Could TFTC be next? I could only dream

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Following. TWD one you made is sick!
Could TFTC be next? I could only dream

Thanks for the words!

My goal is to pick up projects only for machines that have translite art that I think could be much better. Like TWD, or Demo man, or even Congo. I made a Congo translite that looks 100 times better on the machine than the stock one IMO... cof cof
Anyway, I like TFTC's translite. Is very 90s and very Data East like. So I really don't know if I ever invest time in something that I have my doubts if I could do better

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Thanks for the words!
My goal is to pick up projects only for machines that have translite art that I think could be much better. Like TWD, or Demo man, or even Congo. I made a Congo translite that looks 100 times better on the machine than the stock one IMO... cof cof
Anyway, I like TFTC's translite. Is very 90s and very Data East like. So I really don't know if I ever invest time in something that I have my doubts if I could do better

Fair enough...a man can dream right

Your work is amazing and instantly improved TWD. I'm looking forward to DM being made and all your future projects.

#12 4 years ago

Made the SAPD car (ugliest shit in the history of futuristic design lol) and the "retro" muscle car:

dm alternatetranslite 1 copy (resized).jpgdm alternatetranslite 1 copy (resized).jpg

I thought a lot about this on the pre production of this project, and decided that I am not gonna hand draw the fire and explosions. I am gonna use real images and then integrate all the images with the hand drawings. That mixed with some light effects will make the final result way more powerful:
Here is a crappy mockup:

dm alternatetranslite 2 copy (resized).jpgdm alternatetranslite 2 copy (resized).jpg

#13 4 years ago

This would be awesome! I would also buy one as a reasonable cost!!

#14 4 years ago

following

#15 4 years ago

Made one of the rebels jumping on a bike..
this should be the last of the main vehicles.
demolition man alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

Will look cool with fire on it's back as well:
demolition man alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpg

All vehicles will be on a main flasher (green is the flasher's map):
demolition man alternate translite 3 copy (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite 3 copy (resized).jpg

#16 4 years ago

Excellent! People have asked me for years to do this game, and I’ve always said I wasn’t interested, just didn’t inspire me. Glad to see you tackle it, I know there are customers waiting.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Excellent! People have asked me for years to do this game, and I’ve always said I wasn’t interested, just didn’t inspire me. Glad to see you tackle it, I know there are customers waiting.

This one deserves a 100% hand draw Williams’s style. The game is too good and nothing less would do it justice. I will try my best!

#18 4 years ago

That last fight will be on the center bellow. It will be with a lot of light and a big explosion on the back. For now this shadow works, but we will see how to do it later on:
dm alternate translite (resized).jpgdm alternate translite (resized).jpg

#19 4 years ago

Hey Fed! Seeing as I am your biggest fan I gotta follow along here. I don’t have a demo man right now because the translite is so poor LOL. Maybe once you change that I will get one.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Hey Fed! Seeing as I am your biggest fan I gotta follow along here. I don’t have a demo man right now because the translite is so poor LOL. Maybe once you change that I will get one.

muhahahahah
When I am finished with this one I am sure you will want to buy a dm!

The project stopped for this week because I had to make a surgery. It's nothing serious but still I need total rest.
Will pick this up in a few days

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I must admit me too

#22 4 years ago

Definitely interested in this one. I love the Walking Dead translite!

#23 4 years ago

I am much better now and almost 100% recovered from the surgery.
Guess the project is restarting
Will post the next drawing asap!

#24 4 years ago

Back to work!
The chief:

chief (resized).jpgchief (resized).jpg

demolition man alternate translite 2 (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite 2 (resized).jpg

#25 4 years ago

Dr Raymond!!:
Screen shot 2019-07-06 at 7.36.46 PM (resized).pngScreen shot 2019-07-06 at 7.36.46 PM (resized).png

Here is a guide to where the fire, explosions and light explosions will be:
Screen shot 2019-07-06 at 7.38.00 PM (resized).pngScreen shot 2019-07-06 at 7.38.00 PM (resized).png
I think I will draw the fire by hand after all, and then just add real fire and explosion elements, instead of putting real elements straight away.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from advans13:

Dont forget Taco Bell.

The logo will be there!

#28 4 years ago

Had a little more time today

demolition man alternate translite (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite (resized).jpg

#29 4 years ago

This is amazing. Sending my dm off next week to have it torn down, powdered and to get the handles rechromed. This timing might just workout perfectly.

20190706_204604 (resized).jpg20190706_204604 (resized).jpg
#30 4 years ago

Started the fire/explosion tests and decided to do them hand drawn. I can control much better where I put them and in the end it will look way better as well.
Also, Spartan jumping to the car and the Taco Bell logo

(the fire is way too yellow for now)
demolition man alternate translite copy (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite copy (resized).jpg

#31 4 years ago

Are you going to incorporate the "seashells?" Lol

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Are you going to incorporate the "seashells?" Lol

Haha naahh I don’t think so

#33 4 years ago

Hand drawn fire!!
(will get colors and a few textures and fire effects to make it more powerful)
Screen shot 2019-07-13 at 1.20.57 PM (resized).jpgScreen shot 2019-07-13 at 1.20.57 PM (resized).jpg

#34 4 years ago

Changed my mind again (lol) and did all the fire again. Added a few more details on the sides and added Phoenix.
The area that is blank on top will have Phoenix, Spartan and Sandra Bullock

demolition man translite copy (resized).jpgdemolition man translite copy (resized).jpg

#35 4 years ago

Loving the new art on my TWD... now I am excited to see what you can come up with for DM. I don't currently own one, but definitely on my wish list... and with a new translite it will fix one of my main complaints about the game.

#36 4 years ago

It's too early for mockups but screw it let's go!!:

demolition man alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

demolition man alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpgdemolition man alternate translite 2 copy (resized).jpg

#37 4 years ago

Lookin Good Fed! Can’t wait to see the large space filled with more of your patented character style! I may have to buy one of these pins just so I can get the Translite!

#38 4 years ago

Main characters in!

demo man translite 1 copy (resized).jpgdemo man translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Main characters in!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great!! Love the Taco Bell logo, lol.
Are you going to include Benjamin Bratt & Rob Schneider and Andy Richter as well?

#40 4 years ago

I really love it! Thank you!
If I may be critical (mainly because I hope you make some for us too):
Stallone: Eyebrows a bit higher and rounder AND a dimple on chin.
Snipes: He needs to have that evil look that she has while she needs to look more angelic in a way.
Again, thank you for doing it.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Looks great!! Love the Taco Bell logo, lol.
Are you going to include Benjamin Bratt & Rob Schneider and Andy Richter as well?

I think it's enough of characters on this one. You got the main characters plus the 2 opposite chiefs, the chief of bad guys and the chief of police.
Plus all the action going on.

Quoted from bladerunner:

I really love it! Thank you!
If I may be critical (mainly because I hope you make some for us too):
Stallone: Eyebrows a bit higher and rounder AND a dimple on chin.
Snipes: He needs to have that evil look that she has while she needs to look more angelic in a way.
Again, thank you for doing it.

As for Phoenix, I need him to be more cool than evil or this art piece will be totally unbalanced (this is my opinion of course ). You have him with a crazy look already holding that big lazer gun.
I agree with you on the Lenina Huxley character. She is too evil, I will draw her again

#42 4 years ago

As for Phoenix, I need him to be more cool than evil or this art piece will be totally unbalanced (this is my opinion of course ). You have him with a crazy look already holding that big lazer gun.
I agree with you on the Lenina Huxley character. She is too evil, I will draw her again

I think redrawing Huxley is probably a good idea. Especially since she is the biggest standout problem on the original.
I don't know if "angelic" is the right word, but she is definitely a lighthearted character. You should be able to picture her saying her mixed up quotes for the 20th century. "Simon Phoenix matched his meat. You really licked his ass. Now lets go blow this guy!"
Phoenix, on the other hand is a campy enough bad guy to where i don't feel like he needs to be more menacing that you have portrayed him.
That being said you are the one with all the talent and you ate doing all the hard work, so I kinda feel bad being critical seeing as how I couldn't do anything like this.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

so I kinda feel bad being critical seeing as how I couldn't do anything like this.

You can comment anything you want and I will always respect yours and everybody's opinions.

Quoted from majicman110:

you are the one with all the talent and you ate doing all the hard work

I am not that good I wish I could draw like the guys that make Stern's current art. I am a way better art director than an illustrator. Art direction is my strong and it's where I built my career (in advertising), so every time I read something like "you could draw the eyebrow a little more this or that" I think to myself: "Yeah I wish I could be that good..." lol . But feel free to say whatever you feel like saying
What I promise is that in the end the art piece as a whole will look great. :p

#44 4 years ago

Remade the Lenina Huxley character. Now the piece seems more balanced to me

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Much better!

#46 4 years ago

Looks great.
So how many people out there have made checking this thread pay off their daily routine? My day doesn't feel complete until I do.

#47 4 years ago

Haha you are too kind

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

I remade the Lenina Huxley character.

Quoted from majicman110:

My day doesn't feel complete until I check out this thread.

Aha! You've been chopped.

#49 4 years ago

Following.

I purchased a box of DM trading cards way back when I had the game. Thought I'd take some images and figure out an alternate translite. Never happened.

My favorite is the eyeball.

20190724_174140 (resized).jpg20190724_174140 (resized).jpg20190724_174226 (resized).jpg20190724_174226 (resized).jpg20190724_174253 (resized).jpg20190724_174253 (resized).jpg20190724_174208 (resized).jpg20190724_174208 (resized).jpg20190724_174416 (resized).jpg20190724_174416 (resized).jpg
#50 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You are very very talented!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 72.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 37.50
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 81.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 226 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-hand-drawn-alternative-translite-wip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.